|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On May 9, 2016, who tells Mary Hepburn to go and make peace with the Captain?
2. What important object is missing from the Bahia?
(a) The figurehead.
(b) The hull.
(c) The helm.
(d) The anchor.
3. At what age did James Wait become a sire?
4. When does Mary's second husband die?
(a) 2years after they are married.
(b) 2 weeks after they are married.
(c) 2 minutes after they are married.
(d) 2 months after they are married.
5. What island does Mary and the Captain land the Bahia?
(a) Santa Rosalia.
(b) Melville Island.
(c) Victoria Island.
(d) Kangaroo Island.
6. Which group survives in the greatest numbers in the watery environment of the Galapagos Archipelago?
(d) Manufacture -folk.
7. What secret does Mary Hepburn keep from the Captain in Book 2: Chapter 11?
(a) That she was dying.
(b) That she killed James Wait.
(c) That she found a food supply.
(d) That a Kanka-bono girl was pregnant.
8. After the Bahia is raided, what is the Captain still in possession of?
(a) The rats inside the Bahia.
(b) His sense of humor.
(c) His sense of direction.
(d) The Maine lobster.
9. What does James Wait say he thought people were put on earth to do?
(a) To gain knowledge.
(b) To work until they die.
(c) To find cures to diseases.
(d) To help each other.
10. Whom do the Kanka-bono girls eat?
11. Who legally marries Mary Kaplan and Willard Flemming?
(a) Selena MacIntosh.
(b) James Wait.
(c) Adolf von Kleist.
12. How many times has the narrator been married?
13. What is Ziggie?
(a) Mandarax's nickname.
(b) James Wait's nickname.
(c) Siegfried's nickname.
(d) Roy Hepburn's nickname.
14. Where did Mary meet Roy Hepburn?
(a) On the Galapagos Islands.
(b) At an Indiana state park.
(c) At an amusement park.
(d) At a dance studio.
15. Who bathes the Captain every day and shampoos and combs his beard and hair?
(c) Mary Hepburn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sinka?
2. Who is Leon Trout?
3. How many symphonies did James Wait tell Marry Hepburn he had composed?
4. Who steers the Bahia during the day in Book 2: Chapter 4?
5. What is the theory behind people with more of a streamlined skull?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)