|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food source is a cure for people with vitamin and mineral deficiencies?
(b) Whale tongue.
(c) Shark fin.
2. What is the name of the latest advance in the evolution of high explosives?
(b) Acme Dynamite.
3. According to the narrator, how do people comfort those who are sick?
(a) With a ceremonial dance.
(b) With a hot cup of chicken noddle soup.
(c) With prayer and worship.
(d) With soothing tones and voice.
4. What island does Mary and the Captain land the Bahia?
(a) Victoria Island.
(b) Kangaroo Island.
(c) Melville Island.
(d) Santa Rosalia.
5. What instrument does the Captain of the Bahia use to call for help?
(a) An infrared spatial communication system.
(c) Cell phone.
6. What does James Wait say he thought people were put on earth to do?
(a) To gain knowledge.
(b) To work until they die.
(c) To find cures to diseases.
(d) To help each other.
7. Where is the Bahia headed in Book 2: Chapter 2?
(a) New York.
8. Who was Mrs. Onassis's first husband?
(a) Walt Disney.
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) Charles Darwin.
(d) Mark Twain.
9. Which group survives in the greatest numbers in the watery environment of the Galapagos Archipelago?
(d) Manufacture -folk.
10. After the Bahia is raided, what is the Captain still in possession of?
(a) The Maine lobster.
(b) His sense of humor.
(c) The rats inside the Bahia.
(d) His sense of direction.
11. Who speaks to Leon above the stern of the Bahia?
(a) Mary Hepburn.
(b) His Father.
(c) Samuel Johnston.
(d) Charles Darwin.
12. Who does Hisako Hiroguchi perform her first intimate act with in Chapter 32?
13. Whom do the Kanka-bono girls eat?
14. What disease does Leon Trout contract from a Saigon prostitute?
15. Who is Leon Trout?
(a) The father of the Galapagos Islands.
(b) A paranoid schizophrenic soldier.
(c) The Captain of the Bahia.
(d) The narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was James Wait ashamed to take off his shirt?
2. Who is drunk and has the hick-ups in Chapter 37?
3. What nickname does Mary Hepburn give to the Bahia?
4. Where did the narrator's mom take him as a child that his father did not approve of?
5. What is the theory behind people with more of a streamlined skull?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)