|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who fathers all the Kanka-bono girl's children?
(b) James Wait.
(c) The Captain.
(d) Leon Trout.
2. What are "ghetto blasters?"
(a) Walkie Talkies.
(b) Type of weapon.
(c) Portable radios and tape-players.
(d) A type of whistle.
3. What secret does Mary Hepburn keep from the Captain in Book 2: Chapter 11?
(a) That she killed James Wait.
(b) That she found a food supply.
(c) That a Kanka-bono girl was pregnant.
(d) That she was dying.
4. How many Maine lobsters were in aerated tanks of saltwater on board the Bahia before it was looted.
5. How does Mary Hepburn introduce herself to James Wait?
(a) As a college professor and a widow.
(b) As a marine biologist and a divorcee.
(c) As a principal and a divorcee.
(d) As an ex-teacher and a widow.
6. What does Princess Charlotte design after the death of her husband, Prince Richard?
(a) Bathing suits.
(c) Baby clothes.
(d) Wedding gowns.
7. After the Bahia is raided, what is the Captain still in possession of?
(a) His sense of humor.
(b) His sense of direction.
(c) The rats inside the Bahia.
(d) The Maine lobster.
8. Whom do the Kanka-bono girls eat?
9. The narrator's mom once told him that he had the blood of a ________ noblemen flowing through his veins.
10. Who was Mrs. Onassis's first husband?
(a) Walt Disney.
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) Mark Twain.
(d) Charles Darwin.
11. Who bathes the Captain every day and shampoos and combs his beard and hair?
(c) Mary Hepburn.
12. Who is Orlon?
(a) Mary's four year old son.
(b) Dirno's four year old son.
(c) Sinka's four year old son.
(d) Akiko's four year old son.
13. How many symphonies did James Wait tell Marry Hepburn he had composed?
14. Leon Trout's fellow Marine recommends a young __________ doctor to treat his disease.
15. The balance between the colonists and their food supply is based on ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only non-Kanka-bono who can converse with the Kanka-bonos?
2. Who do the Kanka-bono girls hate?
3. What doubt does Mary Hepburn have that leads her to take action to get a Kanka-bono girl pregnant?
4. What can the narrator see that Mary Hepburn can not in Book 2: Chapter 7?
5. What is the name of the latest advance in the evolution of high explosives?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)