|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who responds to the Captain's SOS in Book 2: Chapter 7?
(a) Robert Wojciehowitz.
(b) Charles Darwin.
(d) Kilgore Trout.
2. Where does Siegfried von Kleist tell Selena her father went in Chapter 31?
(a) To the bait and tackle store.
(b) To Heaven.
(c) For a swim in the ocean.
(d) To the airport.
3. The narrator's mom once told him that he had the blood of a ________ noblemen flowing through his veins.
4. Who has become deaf after the explosion in Chapter 36?
(a) Siegfried von Kleist.
(b) James Wait.
(d) Adolf von Kleist.
5. Who does Hisako Hiroguchi perform her first intimate act with in Chapter 32?
6. What is the name of the latest advance in the evolution of high explosives?
(d) Acme Dynamite.
7. How many symphonies did James Wait tell Marry Hepburn he had composed?
8. Who finds himself posing as a protector of children?
(a) James Wait.
(b) Siefried von Kleist.
(d) Leon Trout.
9. Who bathes the Captain every day and shampoos and combs his beard and hair?
(c) Mary Hepburn.
10. What is the theory behind people with more of a streamlined skull?
(a) The more successful the fisher person.
(b) The more successful the business person.
(c) The more successful the cooking person.
(d) The more successful the farming person.
11. After the Bahia is raided, what is the Captain still in possession of?
(a) The rats inside the Bahia.
(b) The Maine lobster.
(c) His sense of direction.
(d) His sense of humor.
12. What is the international word for a ship in distress?
13. What heirloom does Mary promise to leave Akiko when she dies?
(b) Her notebook.
(c) Her wedding ring.
14. The balance between the colonists and their food supply is based on ________.
15. What secret does Mary Hepburn keep from the Captain in Book 2: Chapter 11?
(a) That a Kanka-bono girl was pregnant.
(b) That she killed James Wait.
(c) That she found a food supply.
(d) That she was dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Peruvian pilot who has his fighter-bomber skipping from wisp to wisp of finely divided matter at the very edge of the planet's atmosphere in Chapter 34?
2. What is the language of the majority on Santa Rosalia?
3. Who was Mrs. Onassis's first husband?
4. Who do the Kanka-bono girls hate?
5. What animal begins attacking the Captain's bedsores?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)