|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what is one of the top 1000 serious inherited diseases of Homo sapiens?
(a) Bird flu.
(b) External Otitis.
(c) Retinitis pigmentosa.
2. Where is the Bahia headed in Book 2: Chapter 2?
(c) New York.
3. Who responds to the Captain's SOS in Book 2: Chapter 7?
(a) Kilgore Trout.
(b) Robert Wojciehowitz.
(c) Charles Darwin.
4. When does Mary's second husband die?
(a) 2 months after they are married.
(b) 2years after they are married.
(c) 2 weeks after they are married.
(d) 2 minutes after they are married.
5. Which of the following author's are not quoted in Chapter 35?
(a) Jean De La Fontaine.
(c) Robert Browning.
(d) William Shakespeare.
6. When does Selena find out that her father has passed away on the Bahia?
(a) While she is on the Galapagos Islands.
(b) Immediately after he dies.
(c) While she is on Santa Rosalia.
(d) After she passes away.
7. Who do the Kanka-bono girls hate?
(a) Mary Hepburn.
(b) Adolf von Kleist.
8. What secret does Mary Hepburn keep from the Captain in Book 2: Chapter 11?
(a) That a Kanka-bono girl was pregnant.
(b) That she found a food supply.
(c) That she killed James Wait.
(d) That she was dying.
9. Why was James Wait ashamed to take off his shirt?
(a) He had acne all over his body.
(b) He had scars all over his body.
(c) He had freckles all over his body.
(d) He had moles all over his body.
10. What heirloom does Mary promise to leave Akiko when she dies?
(a) Her notebook.
(d) Her wedding ring.
11. How many times has the narrator been married?
12. Who said: "Progress has been much more general than retrogression."
(a) Henry Adams.
(b) Charles Darwin.
13. What is Ziggie?
(a) Siegfried's nickname.
(b) James Wait's nickname.
(c) Roy Hepburn's nickname.
(d) Mandarax's nickname.
14. Who is Kamikaze?
(a) Mary Hepburn's son.
(b) Selena's seeing-eye dog.
(c) The Captain's son.
(d) Andrew MacIntosh's son.
15. How does Mary Hepburn introduce herself to James Wait?
(a) As a marine biologist and a divorcee.
(b) As a principal and a divorcee.
(c) As a college professor and a widow.
(d) As an ex-teacher and a widow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Leon Trout?
2. What are "ghetto blasters?"
3. According to the narrator, how do people comfort those who are sick?
4. Who bathes the Captain every day and shampoos and combs his beard and hair?
5. As far as humanity is concerned, the Bahia is the new __________.
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)