Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the latest advance in the evolution of high explosives?
(a) Acme Dynamite.
2. The balance between the colonists and their food supply is based on ________.
3. What secret does Mary Hepburn keep from the Captain in Book 2: Chapter 11?
(a) That she killed James Wait.
(b) That a Kanka-bono girl was pregnant.
(c) That she was dying.
(d) That she found a food supply.
4. Who is Leon Trout?
(a) The narrator.
(b) A paranoid schizophrenic soldier.
(c) The Captain of the Bahia.
(d) The father of the Galapagos Islands.
5. Who has become deaf after the explosion in Chapter 36?
(a) Adolf von Kleist.
(b) Siegfried von Kleist.
(c) James Wait.
6. Who finds himself posing as a protector of children?
(b) Leon Trout.
(c) Siefried von Kleist.
(d) James Wait.
7. What animal begins attacking the Captain's bedsores?
(a) Vampire finches.
(b) Land tortoises.
(c) Sea lions.
(d) Blue-footed boobies.
8. What did the narrator do in his sleep when he was alive?
(a) Sleep walk.
(b) Wet the bed.
(c) Sleep talk.
(d) Sleep eat.
9. During the first 13 years on Santa Rosalia, who is the only fertile women?
(a) Selena MacIntosh.
(b) Akiko Hiroguchi.
(c) Jacqueline Onassis.
(d) Mary Hepburn.
10. What animal is Mary Hepburn hallucinating to be while suffocating herself?
(a) A chameleon.
(b) A land tortoise.
(c) A blue-footed booby.
(d) A snake.
11. When does Mary's second husband die?
(a) 2years after they are married.
(b) 2 weeks after they are married.
(c) 2 months after they are married.
(d) 2 minutes after they are married.
12. When the Bahia sinks, who has the only beard on the island?
(a) Willard Flemming.
(b) Andrew MacIntosh.
(c) Adolf von Kleist.
(d) Siegfried von Kleist.
13. Who do the Kanka-bono girls hate?
(b) Mary Hepburn.
(c) Adolf von Kleist.
14. Where does Siegfried von Kleist tell Selena her father went in Chapter 31?
(a) For a swim in the ocean.
(b) To the bait and tackle store.
(c) To the airport.
(d) To Heaven.
15. How many years had passed since Mary last spoke to the Captain?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, how do people comfort those who are sick?
2. Which group survives in the greatest numbers in the watery environment of the Galapagos Archipelago?
3. Who is Sinka?
4. Where did the narrator's mom take him as a child that his father did not approve of?
5. When does Selena find out that her father has passed away on the Bahia?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)