|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years had passed since Mary last spoke to the Captain?
2. Why was James Wait ashamed to take off his shirt?
(a) He had moles all over his body.
(b) He had scars all over his body.
(c) He had freckles all over his body.
(d) He had acne all over his body.
3. Where did Mary meet Roy Hepburn?
(a) At an Indiana state park.
(b) At an amusement park.
(c) On the Galapagos Islands.
(d) At a dance studio.
4. What is Ziggie?
(a) Roy Hepburn's nickname.
(b) James Wait's nickname.
(c) Siegfried's nickname.
(d) Mandarax's nickname.
5. Who is drunk and has the hick-ups in Chapter 37?
(a) Mary Hepburn.
(c) Adolf von Kleist.
(d) Leon Trout.
6. What would have happened to Leon Trout if the Marine Corps found out about Leon's disease?
(a) They would kill him.
(b) They would dock his pay.
(c) They would lock him up in an asylum.
(d) They would give him a dishonorable discharge.
7. When does Mary's second husband die?
(a) 2 minutes after they are married.
(b) 2 months after they are married.
(c) 2 weeks after they are married.
(d) 2years after they are married.
8. What is Guillermo Reyes's rocket compared to in Chapter 34?
(a) The flightless penguin.
(b) The dancing blue-footed booby.
(c) The colorful chameleon.
(d) The great land torotise.
9. Who does Hisako Hiroguchi perform her first intimate act with in Chapter 32?
10. What does Mary use to try and suffocate herself in Chapter 29?
(a) Duct tape.
(b) Panti hose.
(c) Her Jackie dress.
(d) Saran wrap.
11. According to the narrator, how do people comfort those who are sick?
(a) With soothing tones and voice.
(b) With a ceremonial dance.
(c) With a hot cup of chicken noddle soup.
(d) With prayer and worship.
12. Leon Trout's fellow Marine recommends a young __________ doctor to treat his disease.
13. What is the theory behind people with more of a streamlined skull?
(a) The more successful the business person.
(b) The more successful the cooking person.
(c) The more successful the fisher person.
(d) The more successful the farming person.
14. What island does Mary and the Captain land the Bahia?
(a) Victoria Island.
(b) Santa Rosalia.
(c) Kangaroo Island.
(d) Melville Island.
15. Who do the Kanka-bono girls hate?
(a) Mary Hepburn.
(d) Adolf von Kleist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does the Captain of the Bahia use to call for help?
2. Who is the only non-Kanka-bono who can converse with the Kanka-bonos?
3. During the first 13 years on Santa Rosalia, who is the only fertile women?
4. After the Bahia is raided, what is the Captain still in possession of?
5. Who fathers Akiko's seven furry children?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)