|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will become the six Eves to Captain von Kleist's Adam on Santa Rosalia?
(a) The Kanka-bonos girls.
(b) The Cheechako girls.
(c) The Kama'aina girls.
(d) The Kanaka Maoli girls.
2. Who is Leon Trout?
(a) The narrator.
(b) A paranoid schizophrenic soldier.
(c) The Captain of the Bahia.
(d) The father of the Galapagos Islands.
3. What animal is Mary Hepburn hallucinating to be while suffocating herself?
(a) A snake.
(b) A chameleon.
(c) A blue-footed booby.
(d) A land tortoise.
4. Who does Hisako Hiroguchi perform her first intimate act with in Chapter 32?
5. Who does the surviving group on board the Bahia expect the most trouble to come from in Chapter 37?
(b) James Wait.
(c) Leon Trout.
6. Who is Sinka?
(a) Selena's new seeing-eye dog.
(b) The first Kanka-bono girl who has a baby.
(c) Mary Hepburn's sister.
(d) Leon Trout's wife.
7. What is the theory behind people with more of a streamlined skull?
(a) The more successful the fisher person.
(b) The more successful the business person.
(c) The more successful the farming person.
(d) The more successful the cooking person.
8. Who plans to commit suicide by smashing a bus into something?
(a) James Wait.
(b) Willard Flemming.
(c) Selena MacIntosh.
(d) Siegfried von Kleist.
9. How many times has the narrator materialized since becoming a ghost?
10. What is the name of the Peruvian pilot who has his fighter-bomber skipping from wisp to wisp of finely divided matter at the very edge of the planet's atmosphere in Chapter 34?
(a) Bobby King.
(b) Guillermo Reyes.
(c) Kilgore Trout.
(d) Willard Flemming.
11. What secret does Mary Hepburn keep from the Captain in Book 2: Chapter 11?
(a) That she killed James Wait.
(b) That she was dying.
(c) That a Kanka-bono girl was pregnant.
(d) That she found a food supply.
12. Where is the Bahia headed in Book 2: Chapter 2?
(d) New York.
13. How does Mary Hepburn introduce herself to James Wait?
(a) As an ex-teacher and a widow.
(b) As a principal and a divorcee.
(c) As a marine biologist and a divorcee.
(d) As a college professor and a widow.
14. What would have happened to Leon Trout if the Marine Corps found out about Leon's disease?
(a) They would give him a dishonorable discharge.
(b) They would kill him.
(c) They would lock him up in an asylum.
(d) They would dock his pay.
15. How many times has the narrator been married?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, how do people comfort those who are sick?
2. On May 9, 2016, who tells Mary Hepburn to go and make peace with the Captain?
3. After the Bahia is raided, what is the Captain still in possession of?
4. Who is the only non-Kanka-bono who can converse with the Kanka-bonos?
5. Whose wife did James Wait have sexual relations with when he was still in Midland City, Ohio?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)