|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the capital of Ecuador?
2. Another theory is given that the animals on the Galapagos Islands had been shooed ashore two by two down the plank of __________.
(a) Joan's Ark.
(b) The Titanic.
(c) Noah's Ark.
(d) The Bahia de Darwin.
3. Who is Kazakh?
(a) Selena's father.
(b) The hotel manager.
(c) Selena's seeing-eye dog.
(d) Roy Hepburn's mistress.
4. Who's portrait is behind the bar at the Hotel El Dorado?
(a) Charles Darwin.
5. What subject did Mary Hepburn teach at the public high school in Ilium, New York?
(c) Social Studies.
6. What single word adequately describes Charles Darwin's transformation of the Galapagos Islands from worthless to priceless?
7. What magazine does Andrew MacIntosh read from cover to cover every month?
(a) National Geographic.
(b) Forbes Magazine.
(c) Times Magazine.
(d) Reader's Digest.
8. Who has claimed to have been exposed to radiation when the United States dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima, Japan?
(a) Selena MacIntosh.
(b) Willard Flemming.
(c) Hisako Hiroguchi.
(d) Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.
9. To whom does Andrew MacIntosh reveal his real reason for flying Selena, Kazakh, and the Hiroguchis from Merida to Guayaquil?
(d) James Wait.
10. How many children do the Hepburn's have?
11. When does Siegfried von Kleist die?
(a) October 31, 1986.
(b) December 25, 1986.
(c) November 27, 1986.
(d) April 13, 1986.
12. What is Mary Hepburn wearing when she arrives at the Hotel El Dorado?
(a) A silk formal dress.
(b) U.S. Marine Corps combat fatigues.
(c) Jeans and a tank top.
(d) A cheeta print dress.
13. When is the Bahia scheduled to sail?
(a) July 4, 1986.
(b) January 1, 1986.
(c) April 1, 1986.
(d) November 28, 1986.
14. in 1986 A.D., where was the chief seaport of the little South American democracy of Ecuador?
15. It is theorized that ________ created all the creatures on the Galapagos Islands, so they had no need for transportation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Zenji Hiroguchi travel under?
2. What year was Charles Darwin born?
3. How many tombs are on the Galapagos Islands?
4. Where do Panama hats come from?
5. What animal is not found on the Galapagos Islands?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)