|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ship that Darwin took on a mapping expedition that would take him completely around the world and would last five years?
(a) The Bronco.
(b) The Beagle.
(c) The Beetle.
(d) The Bangle.
2. What animal is far superior to people when it comes to distinguishing between different odors?
3. What make and model vehicle does Hernando Cruz drive?
(a) Cadillac El Dorado.
(b) Ford Mustang.
(c) Mercedes Benz SLR.
(d) BMW Mini Cooper.
4. What happened to Adolf's parents?
(a) They were killed by a meteorite.
(b) They got lost at sea.
(c) They were murdered.
(d) They moved to the Galapagos Islands.
5. In Chapter 26, where does the Captain devise his emergency plan for the Bahia?
(a) In the ocean.
(b) In the sauna.
(c) In the shower.
(d) In the garden.
6. How many tombs are on the Galapagos Islands?
7. Who is considered to be wild and greedy and inconsiderate, but not insane?
(a) James Wait.
(b) Hernando Cruz.
(c) Mary Hepburn.
(d) Andrew MacIntosh.
8. When his beauty began to fade, Wait became an instructor in __________ dancing.
9. What is Mary Hepburn wearing when she arrives at the Hotel El Dorado?
(a) A cheeta print dress.
(b) Jeans and a tank top.
(c) A silk formal dress.
(d) U.S. Marine Corps combat fatigues.
10. When does Siegfried von Kleist die?
(a) October 31, 1986.
(b) April 13, 1986.
(c) November 27, 1986.
(d) December 25, 1986.
11. What is ikebana?
(a) The Japanese art of flower arranging.
(b) The Chinese art of sculpture making.
(c) The Japanese art of pottery making.
(d) The Chinese art of flower arranging.
12. Who's head does the narrator get into while he rides in a taxicab from Guayaquil International Airport to the Bahia?
(a) Charles Darwin.
(b) Seigfried von Kleist.
(c) Adolf von Kleist.
(d) James Wait.
13. What other subject did Mary Hepburn teach at Ilium High School?
(b) Physical education.
(d) Human sexuality.
14. Including Wait, how many guests are staying at the Hotel El Dorado?
15. What year was Charles Darwin born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Panama hats come from?
2. How many foster homes had Wait lived in growing up?
3. Another theory is given that the animals on the Galapagos Islands had been shooed ashore two by two down the plank of __________.
4. Who says: "Good luck, my Swedish princess. I shall dream of you."
5. Who's brain is so big that it can show him movies in his head which stars him and his dependents as millionaires?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)