|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Mary Hepburn the Bahia has landed on the Island of Santa Rosalia?
(a) The Captain.
(b) Andrew MacIntosh.
(c) A little bird.
(d) An iguana.
2. What is Mary Hepburn wearing when she arrives at the Hotel El Dorado?
(a) Jeans and a tank top.
(b) U.S. Marine Corps combat fatigues.
(c) A cheeta print dress.
(d) A silk formal dress.
3. What is the name of the Galapagos Islands' northernmost island?
(a) Santa Rosalia.
(b) Cocos Island.
(c) Isabela Island.
(d) Easter Island.
4. Who befriended Wait after he ran away from home and taught him how to be a successful homosexual prostitute?
(a) A cop.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A waiter.
(d) A pimp.
5. What company is automating the Bahia and also employs Zenji Hiroguchi?
6. Another theory is given that the animals on the Galapagos Islands had been shooed ashore two by two down the plank of __________.
(a) The Titanic.
(b) Noah's Ark.
(c) Joan's Ark.
(d) The Bahia de Darwin.
7. What subject did James Wait study for two years at the vocation high school in his home town?
(b) Automobile repair and maintenance.
(c) Aircraft repair and maintenance.
(d) Restaurant Management.
8. What extra credit response did Noble Claggett turn in to Mary Hepburn that stayed with her until the day she died?
(a) A song.
(b) A poem.
(c) A portrait.
(d) A novel.
9. What year was Charles Darwin born?
10. Who was a former citizen of the Soviet Union and has been granted political asylum in Great Britain?
(a) Bobby King.
(b) Andrew MacIntosh.
(c) Rudolf Nureyev.
(d) Kilgore Trout.
11. How many tombs are on the Galapagos Islands?
12. Who is Willard Flemming?
(a) The name James Wait uses on his Canadian passport.
(b) The bartender at the Hotel El Dorado.
(c) Mary Hepburn's first husband.
(d) The manager at the Hotel El Dorado.
13. What animal is far superior to people when it comes to distinguishing between different odors?
14. In what year was the last human marriage in the Galapagos Islands performed?
15. Including Wait, how many guests are staying at the Hotel El Dorado?
Short Answer Questions
1. What make and model vehicle does Hernando Cruz drive?
2. What bird is a teaser and a robber of the blue-footed boobies?
3. in 1986 A.D., where was the chief seaport of the little South American democracy of Ecuador?
4. What happened to Adolf's parents?
5. Who has a stuffed Galapagos marine iguana on his desk?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)