|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What war did the narrator fight in?
(a) Cold War.
(b) World War II.
(c) Civil War.
(d) Vietnam War.
2. Who has claimed to have been exposed to radiation when the United States dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima, Japan?
(a) Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.
(b) Selena MacIntosh.
(c) Hisako Hiroguchi.
(d) Willard Flemming.
3. Who coined the term "biology?"
(a) Charles Darwin.
(b) Gottfried Treveranus.
(c) Albert Einstein.
(d) Sigmund Freud.
4. How does the narrator die?
(a) He was ate by a shark.
(b) He was beheaded.
(c) A brain tumor.
(d) He died of old age.
5. What television show does the Captain of the Bahia appear on?
(a) Jay Leno.
(b) The Tonight Show.
(c) Regis and Kelly.
(d) The Today Show.
6. Who befriended Wait after he ran away from home and taught him how to be a successful homosexual prostitute?
(a) A waiter.
(b) A cop.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A pimp.
7. What two names are left off the Bahia passenger list as a matter of delicacy?
(a) James Wait and Willard Flemming.
(b) Andrew and Selena MacIntosh.
(c) Roy and Mary Hepburn.
(d) Selena MacIntosh and Kazakh.
8. It is theorized that ________ created all the creatures on the Galapagos Islands, so they had no need for transportation.
9. According to the narrator, what are the people of the Galapagos Islands only tool?
10. Mary Hepburn whispers, "You are my enemy. Why would I want to carry such a terrible enemy inside of me?" What is she referring to?
(a) Her heart.
(b) Her kidneys.
(c) Her spirit.
(d) Her brain.
11. What single word adequately describes Charles Darwin's transformation of the Galapagos Islands from worthless to priceless?
12. Who can talk to animals?
13. When his beauty began to fade, Wait became an instructor in __________ dancing.
14. What bloodsucking animal, found on the Island of Santa Rosalia, survive by pecking at the long neck of an unheeding booby until it has raised little beads of blood?
(a) Geospiza difficilis.
(b) Red-footed boobies.
(d) Pink Flamingos.
15. When Wait considered himself old enough to run away, he hitchhiked to __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the cruise ship that takes its maiden voyage to the Galapagos Islands?
2. How many wives has James Wait had?
3. What is the name of the Ecuadorian currency that has become worth less than a banana peel?
4. What bird becomes crucial to the survival of the little human colony on Santa Rosalia?
5. What company is automating the Bahia and also employs Zenji Hiroguchi?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)