|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator die?
(a) A brain tumor.
(b) He died of old age.
(c) He was beheaded.
(d) He was ate by a shark.
2. What year was Charles Darwin born?
3. What is the name of the body of water named in honor of Charles Darwin?
(a) The Darwin River.
(b) The Bay of Charles.
(c) The Darwin Stream.
(d) The Darwin Bay.
4. To whom does Andrew MacIntosh reveal his real reason for flying Selena, Kazakh, and the Hiroguchis from Merida to Guayaquil?
(c) James Wait.
5. Who was a former citizen of the Soviet Union and has been granted political asylum in Great Britain?
(a) Rudolf Nureyev.
(b) Andrew MacIntosh.
(c) Bobby King.
(d) Kilgore Trout.
6. Mary Hepburn whispers, "You are my enemy. Why would I want to carry such a terrible enemy inside of me?" What is she referring to?
(a) Her brain.
(b) Her heart.
(c) Her kidneys.
(d) Her spirit.
7. It is theorized that ________ created all the creatures on the Galapagos Islands, so they had no need for transportation.
8. What television show does the Captain of the Bahia appear on?
(a) The Tonight Show.
(b) The Today Show.
(c) Regis and Kelly.
(d) Jay Leno.
9. What magazine does Andrew MacIntosh read from cover to cover every month?
(a) Reader's Digest.
(b) Times Magazine.
(c) Forbes Magazine.
(d) National Geographic.
10. Where did Wait meet, court, and marry his first wife?
(a) On the streets.
(b) At the dance studio.
(c) On a cruise.
(d) At the bar.
11. What make and model vehicle does Hernando Cruz drive?
(a) Cadillac El Dorado.
(b) Ford Mustang.
(c) Mercedes Benz SLR.
(d) BMW Mini Cooper.
12. What is Mary Hepburn wearing when she arrives at the Hotel El Dorado?
(a) Jeans and a tank top.
(b) A cheeta print dress.
(c) U.S. Marine Corps combat fatigues.
(d) A silk formal dress.
13. What is the capital of Ecuador?
14. When his beauty began to fade, Wait became an instructor in __________ dancing.
15. What other subject did Mary Hepburn teach at Ilium High School?
(a) Physical education.
(c) Human sexuality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Willard Flemming?
2. What happened to Adolf's parents?
3. What is the name of the Ecuadorian currency that has become worth less than a banana peel?
4. What branch of military had Roy served in?
5. The narrator's mother could do all of the following dance forms except which one?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)