|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What magazine does Andrew MacIntosh read from cover to cover every month?
(a) Forbes Magazine.
(b) Reader's Digest.
(c) Times Magazine.
(d) National Geographic.
2. What bird becomes crucial to the survival of the little human colony on Santa Rosalia?
(a) Waved albatross.
(c) Blue-footed booby.
(d) Red-footed booby.
3. The narrator's mother could do all of the following dance forms except which one?
(a) The Waltz.
(c) The Lindy hop.
(d) The Jitterbug.
4. According to the narrator, what two animals keep the human population nice and manageable, and nobody starves?
(a) Dolphins and stingrays.
(b) Sea turtles and fish.
(c) Blue-footed boobies and finches.
(d) Killer whales and sharks.
5. What make and model vehicle does Hernando Cruz drive?
(a) Cadillac El Dorado.
(b) Mercedes Benz SLR.
(c) BMW Mini Cooper.
(d) Ford Mustang.
6. The Bahia is technically a ship designed for ________.
(d) Scuba diving.
7. What is the name of the Ecuadorian currency that has become worth less than a banana peel?
8. Where do Panama hats come from?
9. What book does Roy make Mary get while he lays in his deathbed?
(a) The Book of Mormon.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Koran.
(d) The Vedas.
10. What is Mary Hepburn wearing when she arrives at the Hotel El Dorado?
(a) A silk formal dress.
(b) Jeans and a tank top.
(c) A cheeta print dress.
(d) U.S. Marine Corps combat fatigues.
11. What subject did Mary Hepburn teach at the public high school in Ilium, New York?
(b) Social Studies.
12. Mary Hepburn whispers, "You are my enemy. Why would I want to carry such a terrible enemy inside of me?" What is she referring to?
(a) Her heart.
(b) Her brain.
(c) Her kidneys.
(d) Her spirit.
13. Who coined the term "biology?"
(a) Charles Darwin.
(b) Sigmund Freud.
(c) Albert Einstein.
(d) Gottfried Treveranus.
14. Who's portrait is behind the bar at the Hotel El Dorado?
(d) Charles Darwin.
15. in 1986 A.D., where was the chief seaport of the little South American democracy of Ecuador?
Short Answer Questions
1. Another theory is given that the animals on the Galapagos Islands had been shooed ashore two by two down the plank of __________.
2. What is the name of the body of water named in honor of Charles Darwin?
3. What animal does Roy fight to stay alive to see on the Galapagos Islands?
4. What is the name of the ship that Darwin took on a mapping expedition that would take him completely around the world and would last five years?
5. What is the name of the cruise ship that takes its maiden voyage to the Galapagos Islands?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)