|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ship that Darwin took on a mapping expedition that would take him completely around the world and would last five years?
(a) The Beagle.
(b) The Bangle.
(c) The Beetle.
(d) The Bronco.
2. What bloodsucking animal, found on the Island of Santa Rosalia, survive by pecking at the long neck of an unheeding booby until it has raised little beads of blood?
(a) Red-footed boobies.
(b) Geospiza difficilis.
(d) Pink Flamingos.
3. Who's maiden name is Boone?
(a) Selena MacIntosh.
(b) Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.
(c) Hisako Hiroguchi.
(d) Mary Hepburn.
4. Who says: "Good luck, my Swedish princess. I shall dream of you."
(a) Jesús Ortiz.
(b) Hernando Cruz.
(c) Domingo Quezeda.
(d) Andrew MacIntosh.
5. What extra credit response did Noble Claggett turn in to Mary Hepburn that stayed with her until the day she died?
(a) A portrait.
(b) A poem.
(c) A song.
(d) A novel.
6. According to the narrator, what are the people of the Galapagos Islands only tool?
7. How does Mary Hepburn die?
(a) She has a brain tumor.
(b) A great white shark eats her.
(c) She commits suicide.
(d) She falls overboard the Bahia.
8. What is the capital of Ecuador?
9. What subject is Adolf von Kleist interest in?
(b) Global warming.
10. What other subject did Mary Hepburn teach at Ilium High School?
(c) Human sexuality.
(d) Physical education.
11. Who is a bartender at the Hotel El Dorado and a 21 year old descendant of proud Inca noblemen?
(a) Willard Flemming.
(b) Jesus Ortiz.
(c) James Wait.
(d) Leon Trout.
12. What war did the narrator fight in?
(a) Civil War.
(b) World War II.
(c) Cold War.
(d) Vietnam War.
13. What magazine does Andrew MacIntosh read from cover to cover every month?
(a) National Geographic.
(b) Forbes Magazine.
(c) Times Magazine.
(d) Reader's Digest.
14. According to the narrator, what two animals keep the human population nice and manageable, and nobody starves?
(a) Blue-footed boobies and finches.
(b) Sea turtles and fish.
(c) Dolphins and stingrays.
(d) Killer whales and sharks.
15. What animal is far superior to people when it comes to distinguishing between different odors?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Ecuadorian currency that has become worth less than a banana peel?
2. What book does Roy make Mary get while he lays in his deathbed?
3. What two names are left off the Bahia passenger list as a matter of delicacy?
4. Who disconnects the El Dorado's phones in Chapter 25?
5. What did Mary Hepburn's husband, Roy, die from?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)