|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mary Hepburn die?
(a) A great white shark eats her.
(b) She has a brain tumor.
(c) She falls overboard the Bahia.
(d) She commits suicide.
2. When his beauty began to fade, Wait became an instructor in __________ dancing.
3. How does the narrator die?
(a) A brain tumor.
(b) He was ate by a shark.
(c) He was beheaded.
(d) He died of old age.
4. What is the name of the body of water named in honor of Charles Darwin?
(a) The Darwin Stream.
(b) The Darwin River.
(c) The Bay of Charles.
(d) The Darwin Bay.
5. What other subject did Mary Hepburn teach at Ilium High School?
(b) Physical education.
(c) Human sexuality.
6. What animal does Roy fight to stay alive to see on the Galapagos Islands?
7. Who can talk to animals?
8. Another theory is given that the animals on the Galapagos Islands had been shooed ashore two by two down the plank of __________.
(a) Joan's Ark.
(b) The Titanic.
(c) The Bahia de Darwin.
(d) Noah's Ark.
9. How many foster homes had Wait lived in growing up?
10. Who is a bartender at the Hotel El Dorado and a 21 year old descendant of proud Inca noblemen?
(a) Leon Trout.
(b) Willard Flemming.
(c) James Wait.
(d) Jesus Ortiz.
11. What is the name of the Galapagos Islands' northernmost island?
(a) Cocos Island.
(b) Santa Rosalia.
(c) Easter Island.
(d) Isabela Island.
12. What book does Roy make Mary get while he lays in his deathbed?
(a) The Vedas.
(b) The Koran.
(c) The Book of Mormon.
(d) The Bible.
13. What name does Zenji Hiroguchi travel under?
(a) Willard Flemming.
(b) Paloma Picasso.
(c) Zenji Kenzaburo.
(d) James Wait.
14. What bird becomes crucial to the survival of the little human colony on Santa Rosalia?
(a) Red-footed booby.
(b) Waved albatross.
(c) Blue-footed booby.
15. Who befriended Wait after he ran away from home and taught him how to be a successful homosexual prostitute?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A cop.
(c) A pimp.
(d) A waiter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to become a major property owner in Ecuador?
2. What single word adequately describes Charles Darwin's transformation of the Galapagos Islands from worthless to priceless?
3. in 1986 A.D., where was the chief seaport of the little South American democracy of Ecuador?
4. What is the name of the ship that Darwin took on a mapping expedition that would take him completely around the world and would last five years?
5. What was the narrator's father's occupation?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)