|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What branch of military had Roy served in?
(a) The Marines.
(b) The Airforce.
(c) The Navy.
(d) The Army.
2. What is the name of the Ecuadorian currency that has become worth less than a banana peel?
3. What other subject did Mary Hepburn teach at Ilium High School?
(b) Physical education.
(d) Human sexuality.
4. Who is considered to be wild and greedy and inconsiderate, but not insane?
(a) Andrew MacIntosh.
(b) Hernando Cruz.
(c) Mary Hepburn.
(d) James Wait.
5. When does Siegfried von Kleist die?
(a) October 31, 1986.
(b) December 25, 1986.
(c) April 13, 1986.
(d) November 27, 1986.
6. Who befriended Wait after he ran away from home and taught him how to be a successful homosexual prostitute?
(a) A cop.
(b) A waiter.
(c) A pimp.
(d) A nurse.
7. Who is a bartender at the Hotel El Dorado and a 21 year old descendant of proud Inca noblemen?
(a) James Wait.
(b) Willard Flemming.
(c) Jesus Ortiz.
(d) Leon Trout.
8. What is the name of the cruise ship that takes its maiden voyage to the Galapagos Islands?
(a) The Bahia de Caraquez Ecuador.
(b) The Bahia de Santander.
(c) The Bahia de Navidad.
(d) The Bahia de Darwin.
9. Who is unmarried, never reproduced, and drowns by a tidal wave?
(a) Andrew MacIntosh.
(b) Adolf von Kleist.
(c) Siegfried von Kleist.
(d) Eduardo Ximénez.
10. According to the narrator, what two animals keep the human population nice and manageable, and nobody starves?
(a) Killer whales and sharks.
(b) Blue-footed boobies and finches.
(c) Dolphins and stingrays.
(d) Sea turtles and fish.
11. What bird becomes crucial to the survival of the little human colony on Santa Rosalia?
(a) Waved albatross.
(c) Blue-footed booby.
(d) Red-footed booby.
12. What single word adequately describes Charles Darwin's transformation of the Galapagos Islands from worthless to priceless?
13. What year was Charles Darwin born?
14. What film footage did Mary Hepburn show her students when she lectured on the Galapagos Islands at Ilium High School?
(a) The courtship dance of the finches.
(b) The courtship dance of the waved albatross.
(c) The courtship dance of the red-footed boobies.
(d) The courtship dance of the blue-footed boobies.
15. How many species of finch are on the Island of Santa Rosalia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What extra credit response did Noble Claggett turn in to Mary Hepburn that stayed with her until the day she died?
2. In what year was the last human marriage in the Galapagos Islands performed?
3. Who claimed the Galapagos Islands in 1832?
4. The narrator's mother could do all of the following dance forms except which one?
5. According to the narrator, what made marriage so difficult?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)