|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says: "Good luck, my Swedish princess. I shall dream of you."
(a) Hernando Cruz.
(b) Domingo Quezeda.
(c) Jesús Ortiz.
(d) Andrew MacIntosh.
2. The narrator's mother could do all of the following dance forms except which one?
(a) The Waltz.
(b) The Lindy hop.
(d) The Jitterbug.
3. What animal does Roy fight to stay alive to see on the Galapagos Islands?
4. What is the name of the cruise ship that takes its maiden voyage to the Galapagos Islands?
(a) The Bahia de Caraquez Ecuador.
(b) The Bahia de Navidad.
(c) The Bahia de Darwin.
(d) The Bahia de Santander.
5. Who's portrait is behind the bar at the Hotel El Dorado?
(a) Charles Darwin.
6. What extra credit response did Noble Claggett turn in to Mary Hepburn that stayed with her until the day she died?
(a) A poem.
(b) A portrait.
(c) A song.
(d) A novel.
7. What is the name of the ship that Darwin took on a mapping expedition that would take him completely around the world and would last five years?
(a) The Bangle.
(b) The Bronco.
(c) The Beetle.
(d) The Beagle.
8. Who claimed the Galapagos Islands in 1832?
9. Who is Donald?
(a) The captain of the Bahia.
(b) A golden retriever that Roy tied to a stake.
(c) Mary and Roy Hepburn's cat.
(d) Mary Heburn's first husband.
10. What is the name of the archipelago of volcanic peaks due west of Guayaquil?
(a) The Fiji Islands.
(b) The Galapagos Islands.
(c) The Solomon Islands.
(d) The Kuril Islands.
11. The Bahia is technically a ship designed for ________.
(b) Scuba diving.
12. What magazine does Andrew MacIntosh read from cover to cover every month?
(a) Times Magazine.
(b) National Geographic.
(c) Forbes Magazine.
(d) Reader's Digest.
13. How does the narrator die?
(a) He was beheaded.
(b) He was ate by a shark.
(c) A brain tumor.
(d) He died of old age.
14. Who has a stuffed Galapagos marine iguana on his desk?
(a) Bobby King.
(b) Adolf von Kleist.
(c) Siegfried von Kleist.
(d) Andrew MacIntosh.
15. What bloodsucking animal, found on the Island of Santa Rosalia, survive by pecking at the long neck of an unheeding booby until it has raised little beads of blood?
(a) Pink Flamingos.
(c) Red-footed boobies.
(d) Geospiza difficilis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Mary Hepburn the Bahia has landed on the Island of Santa Rosalia?
2. in 1986 A.D., where was the chief seaport of the little South American democracy of Ecuador?
3. Who coined the term "biology?"
4. Who befriended Wait after he ran away from home and taught him how to be a successful homosexual prostitute?
5. According to the narrator, what are the people of the Galapagos Islands only tool?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)