|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Another theory is given that the animals on the Galapagos Islands had been shooed ashore two by two down the plank of __________.
(a) Joan's Ark.
(b) Noah's Ark.
(c) The Titanic.
(d) The Bahia de Darwin.
2. What war did the narrator fight in?
(a) Civil War.
(b) Cold War.
(c) Vietnam War.
(d) World War II.
3. What year was Charles Darwin born?
4. When Wait considered himself old enough to run away, he hitchhiked to __________.
5. What subject did James Wait study for two years at the vocation high school in his home town?
(a) Restaurant Management.
(b) Aircraft repair and maintenance.
(c) Automobile repair and maintenance.
6. What do the two stars by the names of certain characters in the story mean?
(a) These characters are the most important.
(b) These characters are the only surviving characters.
(c) These characters would be dead before the sun went down.
(d) These characters are royal figures.
7. It is theorized that ________ created all the creatures on the Galapagos Islands, so they had no need for transportation.
8. Who's brain is so big that it can show him movies in his head which stars him and his dependents as millionaires?
(a) Andrew MacIntosh.
(b) Domingo Quezeda.
(c) Leon Trout.
(d) Jesús Ortiz.
9. What happened to Adolf's parents?
(a) They got lost at sea.
(b) They moved to the Galapagos Islands.
(c) They were killed by a meteorite.
(d) They were murdered.
10. What two names are left off the Bahia passenger list as a matter of delicacy?
(a) James Wait and Willard Flemming.
(b) Selena MacIntosh and Kazakh.
(c) Andrew and Selena MacIntosh.
(d) Roy and Mary Hepburn.
11. What subject did Mary Hepburn teach at the public high school in Ilium, New York?
(b) Social Studies.
12. What bloodsucking animal, found on the Island of Santa Rosalia, survive by pecking at the long neck of an unheeding booby until it has raised little beads of blood?
(a) Pink Flamingos.
(c) Red-footed boobies.
(d) Geospiza difficilis.
13. What bird becomes crucial to the survival of the little human colony on Santa Rosalia?
(a) Waved albatross.
(b) Blue-footed booby.
(c) Red-footed booby.
14. To whom does Andrew MacIntosh reveal his real reason for flying Selena, Kazakh, and the Hiroguchis from Merida to Guayaquil?
(d) James Wait.
15. Who is considered the ancestor of every human being on the face of the earth and the Captain of the Bahia?
(a) Adolf von Kleist.
(b) Siegfried von Kleist.
(c) Hisako Hiroguchi.
(d) Leon Trout.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the body of water named in honor of Charles Darwin?
2. What is Mary Hepburn wearing when she arrives at the Hotel El Dorado?
3. How many species of finch are on the Island of Santa Rosalia?
4. Where did Wait meet, court, and marry his first wife?
5. What television show does the Captain of the Bahia appear on?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)