|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Panama hats come from?
2. Who is Willard Flemming?
(a) The name James Wait uses on his Canadian passport.
(b) The bartender at the Hotel El Dorado.
(c) Mary Hepburn's first husband.
(d) The manager at the Hotel El Dorado.
3. It is theorized that ________ created all the creatures on the Galapagos Islands, so they had no need for transportation.
4. What is the name of the cruise ship that takes its maiden voyage to the Galapagos Islands?
(a) The Bahia de Navidad.
(b) The Bahia de Caraquez Ecuador.
(c) The Bahia de Santander.
(d) The Bahia de Darwin.
5. In what year was the last human marriage in the Galapagos Islands performed?
6. Who coined the term "biology?"
(a) Sigmund Freud.
(b) Charles Darwin.
(c) Albert Einstein.
(d) Gottfried Treveranus.
7. What happened to Adolf's parents?
(a) They were killed by a meteorite.
(b) They were murdered.
(c) They got lost at sea.
(d) They moved to the Galapagos Islands.
8. What subject did Mary Hepburn teach at the public high school in Ilium, New York?
(a) Social Studies.
9. In what language does Andrew MacIntosh speak to Jesús Ortiz in?
10. Mary Hepburn whispers, "You are my enemy. Why would I want to carry such a terrible enemy inside of me?" What is she referring to?
(a) Her brain.
(b) Her heart.
(c) Her spirit.
(d) Her kidneys.
11. According to the narrator, what two animals keep the human population nice and manageable, and nobody starves?
(a) Sea turtles and fish.
(b) Killer whales and sharks.
(c) Blue-footed boobies and finches.
(d) Dolphins and stingrays.
12. Who disconnects the El Dorado's phones in Chapter 25?
(a) Mary Hepburn.
(b) Adolf von Kleist.
(c) Hernando Cruz.
(d) Jesús Ortiz.
13. in 1986 A.D., where was the chief seaport of the little South American democracy of Ecuador?
14. What other subject did Mary Hepburn teach at Ilium High School?
(c) Human sexuality.
(d) Physical education.
15. According to the narrator, what made marriage so difficult?
(a) The lack of morals.
(b) The undersized heart.
(c) The oversized brain.
(d) The lack of support.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many tombs are on the Galapagos Islands?
2. What subject is Adolf von Kleist interest in?
3. What subject did James Wait study for two years at the vocation high school in his home town?
4. Who wants to become a major property owner in Ecuador?
5. When Wait considered himself old enough to run away, he hitchhiked to __________.
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)