Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what two animals keep the human population nice and manageable, and nobody starves?
(a) Sea turtles and fish.
(b) Blue-footed boobies and finches.
(c) Killer whales and sharks.
(d) Dolphins and stingrays.
2. Who is the 35-year-old American male who could not swim a stroke, who intended to get from the South American continent to the Galapagos Islands?
(a) Zenji Hiroguchi.
(b) James Wait.
(c) Leon Trout.
(d) Charles Darwin.
3. What did Mary Hepburn's husband, Roy, die from?
(a) Alcohol poisoning.
(b) A brain tumor.
(c) A gunshot wound.
(d) A broken heart.
4. Who is unmarried, never reproduced, and drowns by a tidal wave?
(a) Adolf von Kleist.
(b) Eduardo XimÃ©nez.
(c) Andrew MacIntosh.
(d) Siegfried von Kleist.
5. What do the two stars by the names of certain characters in the story mean?
(a) These characters are the most important.
(b) These characters are royal figures.
(c) These characters would be dead before the sun went down.
(d) These characters are the only surviving characters.
6. Who coined the term "biology?"
(a) Albert Einstein.
(b) Gottfried Treveranus.
(c) Charles Darwin.
(d) Sigmund Freud.
7. What animal is far superior to people when it comes to distinguishing between different odors?
8. What is ikebana?
(a) The Chinese art of flower arranging.
(b) The Chinese art of sculpture making.
(c) The Japanese art of flower arranging.
(d) The Japanese art of pottery making.
9. Who is a bartender at the Hotel El Dorado and a 21 year old descendant of proud Inca noblemen?
(a) Willard Flemming.
(b) Leon Trout.
(c) James Wait.
(d) Jesus Ortiz.
10. What film footage did Mary Hepburn show her students when she lectured on the Galapagos Islands at Ilium High School?
(a) The courtship dance of the finches.
(b) The courtship dance of the blue-footed boobies.
(c) The courtship dance of the waved albatross.
(d) The courtship dance of the red-footed boobies.
11. How many children does Hernando Cruz have?
12. In what language does Andrew MacIntosh speak to JesÃºs Ortiz in?
13. When does Siegfried von Kleist die?
(a) November 27, 1986.
(b) April 13, 1986.
(c) December 25, 1986.
(d) October 31, 1986.
14. Where do Panama hats come from?
15. How many foster homes had Wait lived in growing up?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Galapagos Islands' northernmost island?
2. How does the narrator die?
3. What is the capital of Ecuador?
4. Who can talk to animals?
5. To whom does Andrew MacIntosh reveal his real reason for flying Selena, Kazakh, and the Hiroguchis from Merida to Guayaquil?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)