|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what two animals keep the human population nice and manageable, and nobody starves?
(a) Killer whales and sharks.
(b) Dolphins and stingrays.
(c) Sea turtles and fish.
(d) Blue-footed boobies and finches.
2. What is the name of the ship that Darwin took on a mapping expedition that would take him completely around the world and would last five years?
(a) The Beagle.
(b) The Bronco.
(c) The Bangle.
(d) The Beetle.
3. What is the name given to the moment when the beaks of the blue-footed boobies are pointed in the direction exactly opposite to the pull of gravity?
4. Another theory is given that the animals on the Galapagos Islands had been shooed ashore two by two down the plank of __________.
(a) Joan's Ark.
(b) The Titanic.
(c) The Bahia de Darwin.
(d) Noah's Ark.
5. To whom does Andrew MacIntosh reveal his real reason for flying Selena, Kazakh, and the Hiroguchis from Merida to Guayaquil?
(b) James Wait.
6. Who is Donald?
(a) The captain of the Bahia.
(b) Mary Heburn's first husband.
(c) Mary and Roy Hepburn's cat.
(d) A golden retriever that Roy tied to a stake.
7. What two names are left off the Bahia passenger list as a matter of delicacy?
(a) Roy and Mary Hepburn.
(b) Andrew and Selena MacIntosh.
(c) James Wait and Willard Flemming.
(d) Selena MacIntosh and Kazakh.
8. Where do Panama hats come from?
9. What animal does Roy fight to stay alive to see on the Galapagos Islands?
10. How does Andrew MacIntosh receive fifty million dollars?
(a) It is loaned to him from a relative.
(b) He wins it at the casino.
(c) It is loaned to him from the bank.
(d) He inherites the money.
11. Who is the 35-year-old American male who could not swim a stroke, who intended to get from the South American continent to the Galapagos Islands?
(a) Leon Trout.
(b) James Wait.
(c) Charles Darwin.
(d) Zenji Hiroguchi.
12. Who says: "Good luck, my Swedish princess. I shall dream of you."
(a) Hernando Cruz.
(b) Jesús Ortiz.
(c) Andrew MacIntosh.
(d) Domingo Quezeda.
13. Including Wait, how many guests are staying at the Hotel El Dorado?
14. When his beauty began to fade, Wait became an instructor in __________ dancing.
15. Who's portrait is behind the bar at the Hotel El Dorado?
(d) Charles Darwin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What extra credit response did Noble Claggett turn in to Mary Hepburn that stayed with her until the day she died?
2. What bird is a teaser and a robber of the blue-footed boobies?
3. What is the name of the body of water named in honor of Charles Darwin?
4. What subject did Mary Hepburn teach at the public high school in Ilium, New York?
5. Who is considered to be wild and greedy and inconsiderate, but not insane?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)