|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject did James Wait study for two years at the vocation high school in his home town?
(a) Automobile repair and maintenance.
(c) Aircraft repair and maintenance.
(d) Restaurant Management.
2. What country is Peru about to declare war on in Chapter 22?
3. How many foster homes had Wait lived in growing up?
4. When is the Bahia scheduled to sail?
(a) July 4, 1986.
(b) November 28, 1986.
(c) January 1, 1986.
(d) April 1, 1986.
5. What animal is far superior to people when it comes to distinguishing between different odors?
6. Including Wait, how many guests are staying at the Hotel El Dorado?
7. What year was Charles Darwin born?
8. It is theorized that ________ created all the creatures on the Galapagos Islands, so they had no need for transportation.
9. The narrator's mother could do all of the following dance forms except which one?
(a) The Lindy hop.
(b) The Waltz.
(d) The Jitterbug.
10. Who disconnects the El Dorado's phones in Chapter 25?
(a) Adolf von Kleist.
(b) Mary Hepburn.
(c) Jesús Ortiz.
(d) Hernando Cruz.
11. What film footage did Mary Hepburn show her students when she lectured on the Galapagos Islands at Ilium High School?
(a) The courtship dance of the blue-footed boobies.
(b) The courtship dance of the finches.
(c) The courtship dance of the red-footed boobies.
(d) The courtship dance of the waved albatross.
12. Who is unmarried, never reproduced, and drowns by a tidal wave?
(a) Siegfried von Kleist.
(b) Adolf von Kleist.
(c) Eduardo Ximénez.
(d) Andrew MacIntosh.
13. What is James Wait's native city?
(b) Midland City.
14. How many children does Hernando Cruz have?
15. In Chapter 26, where does the Captain devise his emergency plan for the Bahia?
(a) In the garden.
(b) In the sauna.
(c) In the shower.
(d) In the ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship that Darwin took on a mapping expedition that would take him completely around the world and would last five years?
2. Who claimed the Galapagos Islands in 1832?
3. What single word adequately describes Charles Darwin's transformation of the Galapagos Islands from worthless to priceless?
4. Who can talk to animals?
5. How many cruise ships have their port in Guayaquil?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)