|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the capital of Ecuador?
2. What television show does the Captain of the Bahia appear on?
(a) The Tonight Show.
(b) Regis and Kelly.
(c) Jay Leno.
(d) The Today Show.
3. What branch of military had Roy served in?
(a) The Army.
(b) The Navy.
(c) The Airforce.
(d) The Marines.
4. What company is automating the Bahia and also employs Zenji Hiroguchi?
5. In what language does Andrew MacIntosh speak to Jesús Ortiz in?
6. Who says: "Good luck, my Swedish princess. I shall dream of you."
(a) Hernando Cruz.
(b) Andrew MacIntosh.
(c) Jesús Ortiz.
(d) Domingo Quezeda.
7. Who is the 35-year-old American male who could not swim a stroke, who intended to get from the South American continent to the Galapagos Islands?
(a) Leon Trout.
(b) Zenji Hiroguchi.
(c) Charles Darwin.
(d) James Wait.
8. Including Wait, how many guests are staying at the Hotel El Dorado?
9. Another theory is given that the animals on the Galapagos Islands had been shooed ashore two by two down the plank of __________.
(a) The Bahia de Darwin.
(b) Joan's Ark.
(c) Noah's Ark.
(d) The Titanic.
10. in 1986 A.D., where was the chief seaport of the little South American democracy of Ecuador?
11. Who wants to become a major property owner in Ecuador?
(a) Domingo Quezeda.
(b) James Wait.
(c) Andrew MackIntosh.
(d) Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.
12. How many children does Hernando Cruz have?
13. What name does Zenji Hiroguchi travel under?
(a) Paloma Picasso.
(b) James Wait.
(c) Willard Flemming.
(d) Zenji Kenzaburo.
14. What bird becomes crucial to the survival of the little human colony on Santa Rosalia?
(a) Red-footed booby.
(c) Blue-footed booby.
(d) Waved albatross.
15. The Bahia is technically a ship designed for ________.
(b) Scuba diving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject did James Wait study for two years at the vocation high school in his home town?
2. How many species of finch are on the Island of Santa Rosalia?
3. What year was Charles Darwin born?
4. How many foster homes had Wait lived in growing up?
5. What book does Roy make Mary get while he lays in his deathbed?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)