|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Siegfried von Kleist die?
(a) October 31, 1986.
(b) April 13, 1986.
(c) December 25, 1986.
(d) November 27, 1986.
2. What bird becomes crucial to the survival of the little human colony on Santa Rosalia?
(a) Blue-footed booby.
(c) Waved albatross.
(d) Red-footed booby.
3. Who's head does the narrator get into while he rides in a taxicab from Guayaquil International Airport to the Bahia?
(a) Adolf von Kleist.
(b) Seigfried von Kleist.
(c) James Wait.
(d) Charles Darwin.
4. Who is Donald?
(a) Mary Heburn's first husband.
(b) A golden retriever that Roy tied to a stake.
(c) The captain of the Bahia.
(d) Mary and Roy Hepburn's cat.
5. Mary Hepburn whispers, "You are my enemy. Why would I want to carry such a terrible enemy inside of me?" What is she referring to?
(a) Her kidneys.
(b) Her heart.
(c) Her brain.
(d) Her spirit.
6. What animal is far superior to people when it comes to distinguishing between different odors?
7. In what language does Andrew MacIntosh speak to Jesús Ortiz in?
8. Who was a former citizen of the Soviet Union and has been granted political asylum in Great Britain?
(a) Bobby King.
(b) Kilgore Trout.
(c) Rudolf Nureyev.
(d) Andrew MacIntosh.
9. How does the narrator die?
(a) He was beheaded.
(b) A brain tumor.
(c) He was ate by a shark.
(d) He died of old age.
10. According to the narrator, what made marriage so difficult?
(a) The lack of support.
(b) The lack of morals.
(c) The oversized brain.
(d) The undersized heart.
11. How many foster homes had Wait lived in growing up?
12. What is the name of the ship that Darwin took on a mapping expedition that would take him completely around the world and would last five years?
(a) The Bronco.
(b) The Beetle.
(c) The Bangle.
(d) The Beagle.
13. What is the name given to the moment when the beaks of the blue-footed boobies are pointed in the direction exactly opposite to the pull of gravity?
14. According to the narrator, what two animals keep the human population nice and manageable, and nobody starves?
(a) Dolphins and stingrays.
(b) Killer whales and sharks.
(c) Sea turtles and fish.
(d) Blue-footed boobies and finches.
15. Who befriended Wait after he ran away from home and taught him how to be a successful homosexual prostitute?
(a) A cop.
(b) A pimp.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A waiter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Panama hats come from?
2. What bloodsucking animal, found on the Island of Santa Rosalia, survive by pecking at the long neck of an unheeding booby until it has raised little beads of blood?
3. What television show does the Captain of the Bahia appear on?
4. What company is automating the Bahia and also employs Zenji Hiroguchi?
5. What country is Peru about to declare war on in Chapter 22?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)