|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality does James Wait claim to be in Chapter 2?
2. The narrator's mother could do all of the following dance forms except which one?
(a) The Lindy hop.
(b) The Waltz.
(c) The Jitterbug.
3. What subject did James Wait study for two years at the vocation high school in his home town?
(b) Aircraft repair and maintenance.
(c) Automobile repair and maintenance.
(d) Restaurant Management.
4. Where was the Bahia built?
5. What subject is Adolf von Kleist interest in?
(d) Global warming.
6. How many years does it take the Bahia to sink?
7. What branch of military had Roy served in?
(a) The Navy.
(b) The Airforce.
(c) The Marines.
(d) The Army.
8. Who coined the term "biology?"
(a) Albert Einstein.
(b) Gottfried Treveranus.
(c) Sigmund Freud.
(d) Charles Darwin.
9. In Chapter 26, where does the Captain devise his emergency plan for the Bahia?
(a) In the ocean.
(b) In the sauna.
(c) In the garden.
(d) In the shower.
10. How many foster homes had Wait lived in growing up?
11. Who's brain is so big that it can show him movies in his head which stars him and his dependents as millionaires?
(a) Domingo Quezeda.
(b) Jesús Ortiz.
(c) Leon Trout.
(d) Andrew MacIntosh.
12. Who tells Mary Hepburn the Bahia has landed on the Island of Santa Rosalia?
(a) The Captain.
(b) A little bird.
(c) Andrew MacIntosh.
(d) An iguana.
13. Who can talk to animals?
14. What single word adequately describes Charles Darwin's transformation of the Galapagos Islands from worthless to priceless?
15. Who claimed the Galapagos Islands in 1832?
Short Answer Questions
1. What bird becomes crucial to the survival of the little human colony on Santa Rosalia?
2. It is theorized that ________ created all the creatures on the Galapagos Islands, so they had no need for transportation.
3. What animal is not found on the Galapagos Islands?
4. Who's portrait is behind the bar at the Hotel El Dorado?
5. What is the name of the Galapagos Islands' northernmost island?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)