|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country is Peru about to declare war on in Chapter 22?
2. How many tombs are on the Galapagos Islands?
3. What animal does Roy fight to stay alive to see on the Galapagos Islands?
4. Including Wait, how many guests are staying at the Hotel El Dorado?
5. In Chapter 26, where does the Captain devise his emergency plan for the Bahia?
(a) In the ocean.
(b) In the garden.
(c) In the sauna.
(d) In the shower.
6. Who is considered to be wild and greedy and inconsiderate, but not insane?
(a) Andrew MacIntosh.
(b) Hernando Cruz.
(c) Mary Hepburn.
(d) James Wait.
7. What is the name of the archipelago of volcanic peaks due west of Guayaquil?
(a) The Kuril Islands.
(b) The Solomon Islands.
(c) The Galapagos Islands.
(d) The Fiji Islands.
8. What is the name of the ship that Darwin took on a mapping expedition that would take him completely around the world and would last five years?
(a) The Bangle.
(b) The Bronco.
(c) The Beetle.
(d) The Beagle.
9. What bloodsucking animal, found on the Island of Santa Rosalia, survive by pecking at the long neck of an unheeding booby until it has raised little beads of blood?
(a) Geospiza difficilis.
(b) Pink Flamingos.
(c) Red-footed boobies.
10. What other subject did Mary Hepburn teach at Ilium High School?
(c) Human sexuality.
(d) Physical education.
11. According to the narrator, what two animals keep the human population nice and manageable, and nobody starves?
(a) Dolphins and stingrays.
(b) Blue-footed boobies and finches.
(c) Killer whales and sharks.
(d) Sea turtles and fish.
12. What bird is a teaser and a robber of the blue-footed boobies?
(a) The blue heron.
(b) The frigate.
(c) The waved albatrosses.
(d) The penguin.
13. Who claimed the Galapagos Islands in 1832?
14. Who tells Mary Hepburn the Bahia has landed on the Island of Santa Rosalia?
(a) An iguana.
(b) Andrew MacIntosh.
(c) The Captain.
(d) A little bird.
15. Who's portrait is behind the bar at the Hotel El Dorado?
(c) Charles Darwin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Ecuadorian currency that has become worth less than a banana peel?
2. Who's maiden name is Boone?
3. Who is Kazakh?
4. What bird becomes crucial to the survival of the little human colony on Santa Rosalia?
5. Who's brain is so big that it can show him movies in his head which stars him and his dependents as millionaires?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)