Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator die?
(a) A brain tumor.
(b) He was beheaded.
(c) He died of old age.
(d) He was ate by a shark.
2. What is the name given to the moment when the beaks of the blue-footed boobies are pointed in the direction exactly opposite to the pull of gravity?
3. What name does Zenji Hiroguchi travel under?
(a) Willard Flemming.
(b) Paloma Picasso.
(c) James Wait.
(d) Zenji Kenzaburo.
4. What do the two stars by the names of certain characters in the story mean?
(a) These characters are the most important.
(b) These characters are the only surviving characters.
(c) These characters are royal figures.
(d) These characters would be dead before the sun went down.
5. Who owns the Bahia?
(a) A pair of young German brothers.
(b) A pair of old German brothers.
(c) A pair of old German sisters.
(d) A pair of young German sisters.
6. What is James Wait's native city?
(d) Midland City.
7. What bloodsucking animal, found on the Island of Santa Rosalia, survive by pecking at the long neck of an unheeding booby until it has raised little beads of blood?
(b) Pink Flamingos.
(c) Geospiza difficilis.
(d) Red-footed boobies.
8. What is the name of the body of water named in honor of Charles Darwin?
(a) The Darwin River.
(b) The Darwin Bay.
(c) The Darwin Stream.
(d) The Bay of Charles.
9. Who befriended Wait after he ran away from home and taught him how to be a successful homosexual prostitute?
(a) A waiter.
(b) A pimp.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A cop.
10. What nationality does James Wait claim to be in Chapter 2?
11. What year was Charles Darwin born?
12. What film footage did Mary Hepburn show her students when she lectured on the Galapagos Islands at Ilium High School?
(a) The courtship dance of the blue-footed boobies.
(b) The courtship dance of the waved albatross.
(c) The courtship dance of the finches.
(d) The courtship dance of the red-footed boobies.
13. The narrator's mother could do all of the following dance forms except which one?
(a) The Lindy hop.
(c) The Jitterbug.
(d) The Waltz.
14. What subject did James Wait study for two years at the vocation high school in his home town?
(b) Restaurant Management.
(c) Aircraft repair and maintenance.
(d) Automobile repair and maintenance.
15. The Bahia is technically a ship designed for ________.
(d) Scuba diving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Roy make Mary get while he lays in his deathbed?
2. Mary Hepburn whispers, "You are my enemy. Why would I want to carry such a terrible enemy inside of me?" What is she referring to?
3. What extra credit response did Noble Claggett turn in to Mary Hepburn that stayed with her until the day she died?
4. What animal is not found on the Galapagos Islands?
5. in 1986 A.D., where was the chief seaport of the little South American democracy of Ecuador?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)