|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has a stuffed Galapagos marine iguana on his desk?
(a) Andrew MacIntosh.
(b) Adolf von Kleist.
(c) Bobby King.
(d) Siegfried von Kleist.
2. When Wait considered himself old enough to run away, he hitchhiked to __________.
3. What is James Wait's native city?
(c) Midland City.
4. How many years does it take the Bahia to sink?
5. What is the capital of Ecuador?
6. Who's portrait is behind the bar at the Hotel El Dorado?
(a) Charles Darwin.
7. How many children do the Hepburn's have?
8. Who is considered the ancestor of every human being on the face of the earth and the Captain of the Bahia?
(a) Siegfried von Kleist.
(b) Leon Trout.
(c) Hisako Hiroguchi.
(d) Adolf von Kleist.
9. What subject did James Wait study for two years at the vocation high school in his home town?
(a) Automobile repair and maintenance.
(b) Aircraft repair and maintenance.
(d) Restaurant Management.
10. What happened to Adolf's parents?
(a) They were murdered.
(b) They got lost at sea.
(c) They moved to the Galapagos Islands.
(d) They were killed by a meteorite.
11. What name does Zenji Hiroguchi travel under?
(a) James Wait.
(b) Willard Flemming.
(c) Paloma Picasso.
(d) Zenji Kenzaburo.
12. in 1986 A.D., where was the chief seaport of the little South American democracy of Ecuador?
13. Where do Panama hats come from?
14. How many species of finch are on the Island of Santa Rosalia?
15. Who is considered to be wild and greedy and inconsiderate, but not insane?
(a) Hernando Cruz.
(b) James Wait.
(c) Andrew MacIntosh.
(d) Mary Hepburn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bird is a teaser and a robber of the blue-footed boobies?
2. When does Siegfried von Kleist die?
3. Mary Hepburn whispers, "You are my enemy. Why would I want to carry such a terrible enemy inside of me?" What is she referring to?
4. What was the narrator's father's occupation?
5. What is the name of the body of water named in honor of Charles Darwin?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)