|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mary Hepburn whispers, "You are my enemy. Why would I want to carry such a terrible enemy inside of me?" What is she referring to?
(a) Her heart.
(b) Her spirit.
(c) Her brain.
(d) Her kidneys.
2. Who is Willard Flemming?
(a) The manager at the Hotel El Dorado.
(b) The bartender at the Hotel El Dorado.
(c) The name James Wait uses on his Canadian passport.
(d) Mary Hepburn's first husband.
3. What is ikebana?
(a) The Chinese art of sculpture making.
(b) The Japanese art of pottery making.
(c) The Japanese art of flower arranging.
(d) The Chinese art of flower arranging.
4. What extra credit response did Noble Claggett turn in to Mary Hepburn that stayed with her until the day she died?
(a) A novel.
(b) A poem.
(c) A song.
(d) A portrait.
5. What two names are left off the Bahia passenger list as a matter of delicacy?
(a) Andrew and Selena MacIntosh.
(b) Selena MacIntosh and Kazakh.
(c) James Wait and Willard Flemming.
(d) Roy and Mary Hepburn.
6. What animal is not found on the Galapagos Islands?
7. What war did the narrator fight in?
(a) World War II.
(b) Civil War.
(c) Vietnam War.
(d) Cold War.
8. What make and model vehicle does Hernando Cruz drive?
(a) BMW Mini Cooper.
(b) Mercedes Benz SLR.
(c) Cadillac El Dorado.
(d) Ford Mustang.
9. Who's portrait is behind the bar at the Hotel El Dorado?
(c) Charles Darwin.
10. Who's brain is so big that it can show him movies in his head which stars him and his dependents as millionaires?
(a) Andrew MacIntosh.
(b) Leon Trout.
(c) Domingo Quezeda.
(d) Jesús Ortiz.
11. What subject did James Wait study for two years at the vocation high school in his home town?
(b) Aircraft repair and maintenance.
(c) Restaurant Management.
(d) Automobile repair and maintenance.
12. What is Mary Hepburn wearing when she arrives at the Hotel El Dorado?
(a) A silk formal dress.
(b) U.S. Marine Corps combat fatigues.
(c) A cheeta print dress.
(d) Jeans and a tank top.
13. What bird becomes crucial to the survival of the little human colony on Santa Rosalia?
(a) Red-footed booby.
(b) Waved albatross.
(d) Blue-footed booby.
14. Who is a bartender at the Hotel El Dorado and a 21 year old descendant of proud Inca noblemen?
(a) Jesus Ortiz.
(b) Leon Trout.
(c) Willard Flemming.
(d) James Wait.
15. Who disconnects the El Dorado's phones in Chapter 25?
(a) Jesús Ortiz.
(b) Adolf von Kleist.
(c) Mary Hepburn.
(d) Hernando Cruz.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject is Adolf von Kleist interest in?
2. What bird is a teaser and a robber of the blue-footed boobies?
3. When Wait considered himself old enough to run away, he hitchhiked to __________.
4. What subject did Mary Hepburn teach at the public high school in Ilium, New York?
5. What film footage did Mary Hepburn show her students when she lectured on the Galapagos Islands at Ilium High School?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)