|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the two stars by the names of certain characters in the story mean?
(a) These characters would be dead before the sun went down.
(b) These characters are royal figures.
(c) These characters are the most important.
(d) These characters are the only surviving characters.
2. Who befriended Wait after he ran away from home and taught him how to be a successful homosexual prostitute?
(a) A cop.
(b) A pimp.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A waiter.
3. In what language does Andrew MacIntosh speak to Jesús Ortiz in?
4. How many children does Hernando Cruz have?
5. How many children do the Hepburn's have?
6. How many wives has James Wait had?
7. Where did Wait meet, court, and marry his first wife?
(a) On the streets.
(b) At the bar.
(c) At the dance studio.
(d) On a cruise.
8. What is James Wait's native city?
(d) Midland City.
9. How does the narrator die?
(a) He was ate by a shark.
(b) He died of old age.
(c) A brain tumor.
(d) He was beheaded.
10. Who disconnects the El Dorado's phones in Chapter 25?
(a) Mary Hepburn.
(b) Hernando Cruz.
(c) Jesús Ortiz.
(d) Adolf von Kleist.
11. What is the name of the Galapagos Islands' northernmost island?
(a) Easter Island.
(b) Isabela Island.
(c) Santa Rosalia.
(d) Cocos Island.
12. Who owns the Bahia?
(a) A pair of young German sisters.
(b) A pair of old German brothers.
(c) A pair of young German brothers.
(d) A pair of old German sisters.
13. What is ikebana?
(a) The Japanese art of flower arranging.
(b) The Chinese art of flower arranging.
(c) The Japanese art of pottery making.
(d) The Chinese art of sculpture making.
14. What animal is far superior to people when it comes to distinguishing between different odors?
15. What bird becomes crucial to the survival of the little human colony on Santa Rosalia?
(b) Waved albatross.
(c) Blue-footed booby.
(d) Red-footed booby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What branch of military had Roy served in?
2. Who is Willard Flemming?
3. What year was Charles Darwin born?
4. What animal does Roy fight to stay alive to see on the Galapagos Islands?
5. In what year was the last human marriage in the Galapagos Islands performed?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)