|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Roy make Mary get while he lays in his deathbed?
(a) The Vedas.
(b) The Book of Mormon.
(c) The Koran.
(d) The Bible.
2. What bird becomes crucial to the survival of the little human colony on Santa Rosalia?
(a) Blue-footed booby.
(c) Waved albatross.
(d) Red-footed booby.
3. How does the narrator die?
(a) He died of old age.
(b) He was beheaded.
(c) A brain tumor.
(d) He was ate by a shark.
4. Who is Kazakh?
(a) Roy Hepburn's mistress.
(b) Selena's father.
(c) The hotel manager.
(d) Selena's seeing-eye dog.
5. What subject is Adolf von Kleist interest in?
(b) Global warming.
6. Where do Panama hats come from?
7. What company is automating the Bahia and also employs Zenji Hiroguchi?
8. To whom does Andrew MacIntosh reveal his real reason for flying Selena, Kazakh, and the Hiroguchis from Merida to Guayaquil?
(d) James Wait.
9. What other subject did Mary Hepburn teach at Ilium High School?
(b) Physical education.
(d) Human sexuality.
10. What is the name of the ship that Darwin took on a mapping expedition that would take him completely around the world and would last five years?
(a) The Beetle.
(b) The Beagle.
(c) The Bronco.
(d) The Bangle.
11. Who's portrait is behind the bar at the Hotel El Dorado?
(a) Charles Darwin.
12. What is the name given to the moment when the beaks of the blue-footed boobies are pointed in the direction exactly opposite to the pull of gravity?
13. Who's head does the narrator get into while he rides in a taxicab from Guayaquil International Airport to the Bahia?
(a) Charles Darwin.
(b) Adolf von Kleist.
(c) James Wait.
(d) Seigfried von Kleist.
14. Who says: "Good luck, my Swedish princess. I shall dream of you."
(a) Andrew MacIntosh.
(b) Jesús Ortiz.
(c) Domingo Quezeda.
(d) Hernando Cruz.
15. In what year was the last human marriage in the Galapagos Islands performed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Ecuadorian currency that has become worth less than a banana peel?
2. The Bahia is technically a ship designed for ________.
3. Who befriended Wait after he ran away from home and taught him how to be a successful homosexual prostitute?
4. According to the narrator, what are the people of the Galapagos Islands only tool?
5. What two names are left off the Bahia passenger list as a matter of delicacy?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)