|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mary Hepburn's husband, Roy, die from?
(a) A brain tumor.
(b) Alcohol poisoning.
(c) A gunshot wound.
(d) A broken heart.
2. How many years does it take the Bahia to sink?
3. When his beauty began to fade, Wait became an instructor in __________ dancing.
4. Who is the 35-year-old American male who could not swim a stroke, who intended to get from the South American continent to the Galapagos Islands?
(a) James Wait.
(b) Charles Darwin.
(c) Zenji Hiroguchi.
(d) Leon Trout.
5. According to the narrator, what made marriage so difficult?
(a) The lack of morals.
(b) The oversized brain.
(c) The lack of support.
(d) The undersized heart.
6. What year was Charles Darwin born?
7. What bird becomes crucial to the survival of the little human colony on Santa Rosalia?
(a) Waved albatross.
(b) Blue-footed booby.
(d) Red-footed booby.
8. What company is automating the Bahia and also employs Zenji Hiroguchi?
9. What bloodsucking animal, found on the Island of Santa Rosalia, survive by pecking at the long neck of an unheeding booby until it has raised little beads of blood?
(a) Red-footed boobies.
(b) Geospiza difficilis.
(c) Pink Flamingos.
10. Who owns the Bahia?
(a) A pair of young German sisters.
(b) A pair of old German brothers.
(c) A pair of young German brothers.
(d) A pair of old German sisters.
11. Who's portrait is behind the bar at the Hotel El Dorado?
(d) Charles Darwin.
12. The narrator's mother could do all of the following dance forms except which one?
(a) The Jitterbug.
(c) The Waltz.
(d) The Lindy hop.
13. Who was a former citizen of the Soviet Union and has been granted political asylum in Great Britain?
(a) Rudolf Nureyev.
(b) Andrew MacIntosh.
(c) Kilgore Trout.
(d) Bobby King.
14. In what language does Andrew MacIntosh speak to Jesús Ortiz in?
15. How many tombs are on the Galapagos Islands?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who can talk to animals?
2. Who has claimed to have been exposed to radiation when the United States dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima, Japan?
3. Who tells Mary Hepburn the Bahia has landed on the Island of Santa Rosalia?
4. How many foster homes had Wait lived in growing up?
5. Who befriended Wait after he ran away from home and taught him how to be a successful homosexual prostitute?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)