|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year was Charles Darwin born?
2. What nationality does James Wait claim to be in Chapter 2?
3. What was the narrator's father's occupation?
(a) A pastry chef.
(b) A biology teacher.
(c) A science-fiction writer.
(d) A scientist.
4. Another theory is given that the animals on the Galapagos Islands had been shooed ashore two by two down the plank of __________.
(a) The Bahia de Darwin.
(b) The Titanic.
(c) Noah's Ark.
(d) Joan's Ark.
5. What bird becomes crucial to the survival of the little human colony on Santa Rosalia?
(a) Blue-footed booby.
(b) Red-footed booby.
(c) Waved albatross.
6. What subject did Mary Hepburn teach at the public high school in Ilium, New York?
(c) Social Studies.
7. How many cruise ships have their port in Guayaquil?
8. Where do Panama hats come from?
9. What country is Peru about to declare war on in Chapter 22?
10. What film footage did Mary Hepburn show her students when she lectured on the Galapagos Islands at Ilium High School?
(a) The courtship dance of the waved albatross.
(b) The courtship dance of the blue-footed boobies.
(c) The courtship dance of the finches.
(d) The courtship dance of the red-footed boobies.
11. In Chapter 26, where does the Captain devise his emergency plan for the Bahia?
(a) In the sauna.
(b) In the garden.
(c) In the shower.
(d) In the ocean.
12. To whom does Andrew MacIntosh reveal his real reason for flying Selena, Kazakh, and the Hiroguchis from Merida to Guayaquil?
(a) James Wait.
13. What animal is far superior to people when it comes to distinguishing between different odors?
14. What television show does the Captain of the Bahia appear on?
(a) The Today Show.
(b) Jay Leno.
(c) Regis and Kelly.
(d) The Tonight Show.
15. According to the narrator, what are the people of the Galapagos Islands only tool?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship that Darwin took on a mapping expedition that would take him completely around the world and would last five years?
2. What is James Wait's native city?
3. Who wants to become a major property owner in Ecuador?
4. What name does Zenji Hiroguchi travel under?
5. What make and model vehicle does Hernando Cruz drive?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)