|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who can talk to animals?
2. What country is Peru about to declare war on in Chapter 22?
3. What animal does Roy fight to stay alive to see on the Galapagos Islands?
4. Who claimed the Galapagos Islands in 1832?
5. What did Mary Hepburn's husband, Roy, die from?
(a) A brain tumor.
(b) Alcohol poisoning.
(c) A broken heart.
(d) A gunshot wound.
6. Who's brain is so big that it can show him movies in his head which stars him and his dependents as millionaires?
(a) Leon Trout.
(b) Andrew MacIntosh.
(c) Jesús Ortiz.
(d) Domingo Quezeda.
7. How does the narrator die?
(a) He was ate by a shark.
(b) A brain tumor.
(c) He was beheaded.
(d) He died of old age.
8. Who coined the term "biology?"
(a) Albert Einstein.
(b) Charles Darwin.
(c) Gottfried Treveranus.
(d) Sigmund Freud.
9. What company is automating the Bahia and also employs Zenji Hiroguchi?
10. Who's portrait is behind the bar at the Hotel El Dorado?
(b) Charles Darwin.
11. How many species of finch are on the Island of Santa Rosalia?
12. In what year was the last human marriage in the Galapagos Islands performed?
13. What magazine does Andrew MacIntosh read from cover to cover every month?
(a) Reader's Digest.
(b) Forbes Magazine.
(c) Times Magazine.
(d) National Geographic.
14. What television show does the Captain of the Bahia appear on?
(a) The Today Show.
(b) Regis and Kelly.
(c) Jay Leno.
(d) The Tonight Show.
15. According to the narrator, what two animals keep the human population nice and manageable, and nobody starves?
(a) Killer whales and sharks.
(b) Dolphins and stingrays.
(c) Blue-footed boobies and finches.
(d) Sea turtles and fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says: "Good luck, my Swedish princess. I shall dream of you."
2. To whom does Andrew MacIntosh reveal his real reason for flying Selena, Kazakh, and the Hiroguchis from Merida to Guayaquil?
3. What is ikebana?
4. What extra credit response did Noble Claggett turn in to Mary Hepburn that stayed with her until the day she died?
5. What is the name of the Ecuadorian currency that has become worth less than a banana peel?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)