|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 26, where does the Captain devise his emergency plan for the Bahia?
(a) In the shower.
(b) In the garden.
(c) In the sauna.
(d) In the ocean.
2. What is the name of the archipelago of volcanic peaks due west of Guayaquil?
(a) The Kuril Islands.
(b) The Fiji Islands.
(c) The Galapagos Islands.
(d) The Solomon Islands.
3. Who claimed the Galapagos Islands in 1832?
4. What animal does Roy fight to stay alive to see on the Galapagos Islands?
5. How many species of finch are on the Island of Santa Rosalia?
6. What subject is Adolf von Kleist interest in?
(c) Global warming.
7. Who is the 35-year-old American male who could not swim a stroke, who intended to get from the South American continent to the Galapagos Islands?
(a) Leon Trout.
(b) James Wait.
(c) Charles Darwin.
(d) Zenji Hiroguchi.
8. Who has claimed to have been exposed to radiation when the United States dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima, Japan?
(a) Willard Flemming.
(b) Hisako Hiroguchi.
(c) Selena MacIntosh.
(d) Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.
9. Mary Hepburn whispers, "You are my enemy. Why would I want to carry such a terrible enemy inside of me?" What is she referring to?
(a) Her brain.
(b) Her spirit.
(c) Her heart.
(d) Her kidneys.
10. What is Mary Hepburn wearing when she arrives at the Hotel El Dorado?
(a) U.S. Marine Corps combat fatigues.
(b) A silk formal dress.
(c) A cheeta print dress.
(d) Jeans and a tank top.
11. Where did Wait meet, court, and marry his first wife?
(a) On a cruise.
(b) On the streets.
(c) At the bar.
(d) At the dance studio.
12. Who owns the Bahia?
(a) A pair of young German sisters.
(b) A pair of young German brothers.
(c) A pair of old German brothers.
(d) A pair of old German sisters.
13. What is the name of the Ecuadorian currency that has become worth less than a banana peel?
14. What animal is far superior to people when it comes to distinguishing between different odors?
15. The Bahia is technically a ship designed for ________.
(a) Scuba diving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Zenji Hiroguchi travel under?
2. In what language does Andrew MacIntosh speak to Jesús Ortiz in?
3. What nationality does James Wait claim to be in Chapter 2?
4. Who's head does the narrator get into while he rides in a taxicab from Guayaquil International Airport to the Bahia?
5. Who says: "Good luck, my Swedish princess. I shall dream of you."
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)