|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what language does Andrew MacIntosh speak to Jesús Ortiz in?
2. Where was the Bahia built?
3. Another theory is given that the animals on the Galapagos Islands had been shooed ashore two by two down the plank of __________.
(a) Joan's Ark.
(b) The Bahia de Darwin.
(c) Noah's Ark.
(d) The Titanic.
4. What is the name given to the moment when the beaks of the blue-footed boobies are pointed in the direction exactly opposite to the pull of gravity?
5. Mary Hepburn whispers, "You are my enemy. Why would I want to carry such a terrible enemy inside of me?" What is she referring to?
(a) Her brain.
(b) Her kidneys.
(c) Her spirit.
(d) Her heart.
6. What country is Peru about to declare war on in Chapter 22?
7. What nationality does James Wait claim to be in Chapter 2?
8. How does the narrator die?
(a) He was ate by a shark.
(b) He was beheaded.
(c) A brain tumor.
(d) He died of old age.
9. in 1986 A.D., where was the chief seaport of the little South American democracy of Ecuador?
10. According to the narrator, what made marriage so difficult?
(a) The undersized heart.
(b) The oversized brain.
(c) The lack of support.
(d) The lack of morals.
11. What subject is Adolf von Kleist interest in?
(b) Global warming.
12. When does Siegfried von Kleist die?
(a) December 25, 1986.
(b) April 13, 1986.
(c) November 27, 1986.
(d) October 31, 1986.
13. What is ikebana?
(a) The Japanese art of flower arranging.
(b) The Chinese art of sculpture making.
(c) The Japanese art of pottery making.
(d) The Chinese art of flower arranging.
14. How does Andrew MacIntosh receive fifty million dollars?
(a) It is loaned to him from the bank.
(b) He inherites the money.
(c) It is loaned to him from a relative.
(d) He wins it at the casino.
15. What is Mary Hepburn wearing when she arrives at the Hotel El Dorado?
(a) A cheeta print dress.
(b) Jeans and a tank top.
(c) U.S. Marine Corps combat fatigues.
(d) A silk formal dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was a former citizen of the Soviet Union and has been granted political asylum in Great Britain?
2. What bird becomes crucial to the survival of the little human colony on Santa Rosalia?
3. Who is a bartender at the Hotel El Dorado and a 21 year old descendant of proud Inca noblemen?
4. Who is considered to be wild and greedy and inconsiderate, but not insane?
5. To whom does Andrew MacIntosh reveal his real reason for flying Selena, Kazakh, and the Hiroguchis from Merida to Guayaquil?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)