|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two: And the Thing Became, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the two stars by the names of certain characters in the story mean?
(a) These characters would be dead before the sun went down.
(b) These characters are the only surviving characters.
(c) These characters are the most important.
(d) These characters are royal figures.
2. What animal is Mary Hepburn hallucinating to be while suffocating herself?
(a) A snake.
(b) A land tortoise.
(c) A blue-footed booby.
(d) A chameleon.
3. Where does Siegfried von Kleist tell Selena her father went in Chapter 31?
(a) To the bait and tackle store.
(b) To Heaven.
(c) For a swim in the ocean.
(d) To the airport.
4. How many children do the Hepburn's have?
5. What bloodsucking animal, found on the Island of Santa Rosalia, survive by pecking at the long neck of an unheeding booby until it has raised little beads of blood?
(a) Red-footed boobies.
(c) Pink Flamingos.
(d) Geospiza difficilis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who plans to commit suicide by smashing a bus into something?
2. What extra credit response did Noble Claggett turn in to Mary Hepburn that stayed with her until the day she died?
3. What two names are left off the Bahia passenger list as a matter of delicacy?
4. Who has become deaf after the explosion in Chapter 36?
5. What is Mary Hepburn wearing when she arrives at the Hotel El Dorado?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)