|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two: And the Thing Became, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many symphonies did James Wait tell Marry Hepburn he had composed?
2. How many warplanes does Ecuador keep at the Guayaquil International Airport?
3. What is the name of the archipelago of volcanic peaks due west of Guayaquil?
(a) The Solomon Islands.
(b) The Kuril Islands.
(c) The Fiji Islands.
(d) The Galapagos Islands.
4. What subject did Mary Hepburn teach at the public high school in Ilium, New York?
(d) Social Studies.
5. Who's maiden name is Boone?
(a) Hisako Hiroguchi.
(b) Selena MacIntosh.
(c) Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.
(d) Mary Hepburn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the 35-year-old American male who could not swim a stroke, who intended to get from the South American continent to the Galapagos Islands?
2. How many cruise ships have their port in Guayaquil?
3. What bloodsucking animal, found on the Island of Santa Rosalia, survive by pecking at the long neck of an unheeding booby until it has raised little beads of blood?
4. How does Mary Hepburn die?
5. What extra credit response did Noble Claggett turn in to Mary Hepburn that stayed with her until the day she died?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)