|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two: And the Thing Became, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Willard Flemming?
(a) The manager at the Hotel El Dorado.
(b) Mary Hepburn's first husband.
(c) The name James Wait uses on his Canadian passport.
(d) The bartender at the Hotel El Dorado.
2. What other subject did Mary Hepburn teach at Ilium High School?
(a) Physical education.
(c) Human sexuality.
3. Whose wife did James Wait have sexual relations with when he was still in Midland City, Ohio?
(a) Leon Trout.
(b) Adolf von Kleist.
(c) Dwayne Hoover.
(d) Willard Flemming.
4. What did Mary Hepburn's husband, Roy, die from?
(a) Alcohol poisoning.
(b) A brain tumor.
(c) A gunshot wound.
(d) A broken heart.
5. When the Bahia sinks, who has the only beard on the island?
(a) Adolf von Kleist.
(b) Siegfried von Kleist.
(c) Willard Flemming.
(d) Andrew MacIntosh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What single word adequately describes Charles Darwin's transformation of the Galapagos Islands from worthless to priceless?
2. After the Bahia is raided, what is the Captain still in possession of?
3. Who steers the Bahia during the day in Book 2: Chapter 4?
4. Why was James Wait ashamed to take off his shirt?
5. When his beauty began to fade, Wait became an instructor in __________ dancing.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)