|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two: And the Thing Became, Chapter 5-Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the two stars by the names of certain characters in the story mean?
(a) These characters would be dead before the sun went down.
(b) These characters are the only surviving characters.
(c) These characters are royal figures.
(d) These characters are the most important.
2. Who has become deaf after the explosion in Chapter 36?
(a) James Wait.
(b) Siegfried von Kleist.
(d) Adolf von Kleist.
3. What bloodsucking animal, found on the Island of Santa Rosalia, survive by pecking at the long neck of an unheeding booby until it has raised little beads of blood?
(a) Pink Flamingos.
(b) Geospiza difficilis.
(c) Red-footed boobies.
4. What nationality does James Wait claim to be in Chapter 2?
5. When does Mary's second husband die?
(a) 2years after they are married.
(b) 2 months after they are married.
(c) 2 minutes after they are married.
(d) 2 weeks after they are married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the latest advance in the evolution of high explosives?
2. How many wives has James Wait had?
3. What is the name of the archipelago of volcanic peaks due west of Guayaquil?
4. What does James Wait say he thought people were put on earth to do?
5. What is Ziggie?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)