|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two: And the Thing Became, Chapter 5-Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who befriended Wait after he ran away from home and taught him how to be a successful homosexual prostitute?
(a) A pimp.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A cop.
(d) A waiter.
2. How does Mary Hepburn die?
(a) She has a brain tumor.
(b) She falls overboard the Bahia.
(c) A great white shark eats her.
(d) She commits suicide.
3. Who could be seen as a virtuous knight as in days of yore in Chapter 38?
(a) Major Ricardo Cortez.
(c) Adolf von Kleist.
(d) Charles Darwin.
4. What are "ghetto blasters?"
(a) Portable radios and tape-players.
(b) Walkie Talkies.
(c) Type of weapon.
(d) A type of whistle.
5. What is the name of the Peruvian pilot who has his fighter-bomber skipping from wisp to wisp of finely divided matter at the very edge of the planet's atmosphere in Chapter 34?
(a) Kilgore Trout.
(b) Bobby King.
(c) Guillermo Reyes.
(d) Willard Flemming.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the Bahia scheduled to sail?
2. How many children do the Hepburn's have?
3. Who is a bartender at the Hotel El Dorado and a 21 year old descendant of proud Inca noblemen?
4. In what year was the last human marriage in the Galapagos Islands performed?
5. How many species of finch are on the Island of Santa Rosalia?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)