|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 35-Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Ecuadorian currency that has become worth less than a banana peel?
2. Where does Siegfried von Kleist tell Selena her father went in Chapter 31?
(a) To the airport.
(b) To Heaven.
(c) For a swim in the ocean.
(d) To the bait and tackle store.
3. What is the name given to the moment when the beaks of the blue-footed boobies are pointed in the direction exactly opposite to the pull of gravity?
4. How many Maine lobsters were in aerated tanks of saltwater on board the Bahia before it was looted.
5. Who owns the Bahia?
(a) A pair of young German brothers.
(b) A pair of young German sisters.
(c) A pair of old German sisters.
(d) A pair of old German brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 26, where does the Captain devise his emergency plan for the Bahia?
2. The narrator's mom once told him that he had the blood of a ________ noblemen flowing through his veins.
3. What does Mary use to try and suffocate herself in Chapter 29?
4. Who befriended Wait after he ran away from home and taught him how to be a successful homosexual prostitute?
5. Who tells Mary Hepburn the Bahia has landed on the Island of Santa Rosalia?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)