|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 35-Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 26, where does the Captain devise his emergency plan for the Bahia?
(a) In the shower.
(b) In the garden.
(c) In the sauna.
(d) In the ocean.
2. Where did Wait meet, court, and marry his first wife?
(a) At the dance studio.
(b) On the streets.
(c) At the bar.
(d) On a cruise.
3. Who has claimed to have been exposed to radiation when the United States dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima, Japan?
(a) Hisako Hiroguchi.
(b) Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.
(c) Willard Flemming.
(d) Selena MacIntosh.
4. What is the name of the Ecuadorian currency that has become worth less than a banana peel?
5. Who is the 35-year-old American male who could not swim a stroke, who intended to get from the South American continent to the Galapagos Islands?
(a) Leon Trout.
(b) Charles Darwin.
(c) Zenji Hiroguchi.
(d) James Wait.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who's portrait is behind the bar at the Hotel El Dorado?
2. Who's maiden name is Boone?
3. Where did the narrator's mom take him as a child that his father did not approve of?
4. How does Mary Hepburn introduce herself to James Wait?
5. According to the narrator, what made marriage so difficult?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)