|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 35-Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mary Hepburn die?
(a) She commits suicide.
(b) A great white shark eats her.
(c) She falls overboard the Bahia.
(d) She has a brain tumor.
2. Who is the Captain addressing when he shouts, "Welcome to 'the Nature Cruise of the Century'!"
(a) Leon Trout.
(b) Siegfried von Kleist.
(c) Adolf von Kleist.
(d) Mary Hepburn.
3. What animal does Roy fight to stay alive to see on the Galapagos Islands?
4. Who is a bartender at the Hotel El Dorado and a 21 year old descendant of proud Inca noblemen?
(a) Willard Flemming.
(b) James Wait.
(c) Leon Trout.
(d) Jesus Ortiz.
5. Where did Wait meet, court, and marry his first wife?
(a) At the bar.
(b) On a cruise.
(c) On the streets.
(d) At the dance studio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is Mary Hepburn hallucinating to be while suffocating herself?
2. What two names are left off the Bahia passenger list as a matter of delicacy?
3. Who finds himself posing as a protector of children?
4. What is the name of the ship that Darwin took on a mapping expedition that would take him completely around the world and would last five years?
5. The narrator's mother could do all of the following dance forms except which one?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)