|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 35-Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are "ghetto blasters?"
(a) Portable radios and tape-players.
(b) A type of whistle.
(c) Type of weapon.
(d) Walkie Talkies.
2. What subject is Adolf von Kleist interest in?
(a) Global warming.
3. What is the name of the archipelago of volcanic peaks due west of Guayaquil?
(a) The Solomon Islands.
(b) The Fiji Islands.
(c) The Galapagos Islands.
(d) The Kuril Islands.
4. In Chapter 26, where does the Captain devise his emergency plan for the Bahia?
(a) In the ocean.
(b) In the shower.
(c) In the sauna.
(d) In the garden.
5. What animal is Mary Hepburn hallucinating to be while suffocating herself?
(a) A land tortoise.
(b) A blue-footed booby.
(c) A snake.
(d) A chameleon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who disconnects the El Dorado's phones in Chapter 25?
2. What animal is far superior to people when it comes to distinguishing between different odors?
3. What was James Wait's father and mother's other relation?
4. What does Mary use to try and suffocate herself in Chapter 29?
5. Who can talk to animals?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)