|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 35-Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many cruise ships have their port in Guayaquil?
2. What bird is a teaser and a robber of the blue-footed boobies?
(a) The frigate.
(b) The blue heron.
(c) The penguin.
(d) The waved albatrosses.
3. What is the name of the Galapagos Islands' northernmost island?
(a) Easter Island.
(b) Cocos Island.
(c) Isabela Island.
(d) Santa Rosalia.
4. How many Maine lobsters were in aerated tanks of saltwater on board the Bahia before it was looted.
5. What is Mary Hepburn wearing when she arrives at the Hotel El Dorado?
(a) A cheeta print dress.
(b) A silk formal dress.
(c) U.S. Marine Corps combat fatigues.
(d) Jeans and a tank top.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is a bartender at the Hotel El Dorado and a 21 year old descendant of proud Inca noblemen?
2. What subject did Mary Hepburn teach at the public high school in Ilium, New York?
3. Who wants to become a major property owner in Ecuador?
4. In what year was the last human marriage in the Galapagos Islands performed?
5. What do the two stars by the names of certain characters in the story mean?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)