|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 35-Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Galapagos Islands' northernmost island?
(a) Easter Island.
(b) Santa Rosalia.
(c) Isabela Island.
(d) Cocos Island.
2. Who is Leon Trout?
(a) A paranoid schizophrenic soldier.
(b) The Captain of the Bahia.
(c) The narrator.
(d) The father of the Galapagos Islands.
3. Who is the 35-year-old American male who could not swim a stroke, who intended to get from the South American continent to the Galapagos Islands?
(a) James Wait.
(b) Leon Trout.
(c) Charles Darwin.
(d) Zenji Hiroguchi.
4. According to the narrator, what are the people of the Galapagos Islands only tool?
5. Who disconnects the El Dorado's phones in Chapter 25?
(a) Jesús Ortiz.
(b) Mary Hepburn.
(c) Hernando Cruz.
(d) Adolf von Kleist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the capital of Ecuador?
2. How many species of finch are on the Island of Santa Rosalia?
3. How many wives has James Wait had?
4. Who was Mrs. Onassis's first husband?
5. What does James Wait say he thought people were put on earth to do?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)