|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 35-Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hisako Hiroguchi perform her first intimate act with in Chapter 32?
2. Who is Donald?
(a) The captain of the Bahia.
(b) Mary Heburn's first husband.
(c) Mary and Roy Hepburn's cat.
(d) A golden retriever that Roy tied to a stake.
3. How does the narrator die?
(a) He was beheaded.
(b) He was ate by a shark.
(c) A brain tumor.
(d) He died of old age.
4. During the first 13 years on Santa Rosalia, who is the only fertile women?
(a) Mary Hepburn.
(b) Selena MacIntosh.
(c) Jacqueline Onassis.
(d) Akiko Hiroguchi.
5. What bird becomes crucial to the survival of the little human colony on Santa Rosalia?
(a) Blue-footed booby.
(b) Red-footed booby.
(d) Waved albatross.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the archipelago of volcanic peaks due west of Guayaquil?
2. What is the name of the Ecuadorian currency that has become worth less than a banana peel?
3. How does Andrew MacIntosh receive fifty million dollars?
4. What television show does the Captain of the Bahia appear on?
5. What is the name given to the moment when the beaks of the blue-footed boobies are pointed in the direction exactly opposite to the pull of gravity?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)