|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 35-Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what are the people of the Galapagos Islands only tool?
2. According to the narrator, what made marriage so difficult?
(a) The oversized brain.
(b) The lack of support.
(c) The lack of morals.
(d) The undersized heart.
3. In Chapter 26, where does the Captain devise his emergency plan for the Bahia?
(a) In the shower.
(b) In the ocean.
(c) In the sauna.
(d) In the garden.
4. How many Maine lobsters were in aerated tanks of saltwater on board the Bahia before it was looted.
5. How does Mary Hepburn die?
(a) She falls overboard the Bahia.
(b) A great white shark eats her.
(c) She has a brain tumor.
(d) She commits suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the narrator's mom take him as a child that his father did not approve of?
2. What year was Charles Darwin born?
3. When does Siegfried von Kleist die?
4. Who is Leon Trout?
5. Who is unmarried, never reproduced, and drowns by a tidal wave?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)