|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 35-Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the Bahia?
(a) A pair of old German sisters.
(b) A pair of young German sisters.
(c) A pair of young German brothers.
(d) A pair of old German brothers.
2. How does Mary Hepburn die?
(a) A great white shark eats her.
(b) She has a brain tumor.
(c) She commits suicide.
(d) She falls overboard the Bahia.
3. How many tombs are on the Galapagos Islands?
4. According to the narrator, what two animals keep the human population nice and manageable, and nobody starves?
(a) Sea turtles and fish.
(b) Killer whales and sharks.
(c) Dolphins and stingrays.
(d) Blue-footed boobies and finches.
5. Who is Leon Trout?
(a) The Captain of the Bahia.
(b) The narrator.
(c) The father of the Galapagos Islands.
(d) A paranoid schizophrenic soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary use to try and suffocate herself in Chapter 29?
2. It is theorized that ________ created all the creatures on the Galapagos Islands, so they had no need for transportation.
3. In Chapter 26, where does the Captain devise his emergency plan for the Bahia?
4. To whom does Andrew MacIntosh reveal his real reason for flying Selena, Kazakh, and the Hiroguchis from Merida to Guayaquil?
5. Who was a former citizen of the Soviet Union and has been granted political asylum in Great Britain?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)