|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 35-Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who can talk to animals?
2. How many cruise ships have their port in Guayaquil?
3. According to the narrator, what made marriage so difficult?
(a) The lack of support.
(b) The undersized heart.
(c) The lack of morals.
(d) The oversized brain.
4. Who disconnects the El Dorado's phones in Chapter 25?
(a) Adolf von Kleist.
(b) Jesús Ortiz.
(c) Hernando Cruz.
(d) Mary Hepburn.
5. What subject did Mary Hepburn teach at the public high school in Ilium, New York?
(b) Social Studies.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 26, where does the Captain devise his emergency plan for the Bahia?
2. When Wait considered himself old enough to run away, he hitchhiked to __________.
3. What bloodsucking animal, found on the Island of Santa Rosalia, survive by pecking at the long neck of an unheeding booby until it has raised little beads of blood?
4. What year was Charles Darwin born?
5. The Bahia is technically a ship designed for ________.
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)