|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 21-Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject did Mary Hepburn teach at the public high school in Ilium, New York?
(d) Social Studies.
2. How does Andrew MacIntosh receive fifty million dollars?
(a) He wins it at the casino.
(b) It is loaned to him from the bank.
(c) It is loaned to him from a relative.
(d) He inherites the money.
3. How many tombs are on the Galapagos Islands?
4. What is ikebana?
(a) The Japanese art of pottery making.
(b) The Japanese art of flower arranging.
(c) The Chinese art of flower arranging.
(d) The Chinese art of sculpture making.
5. What is the name of the Galapagos Islands' northernmost island?
(a) Santa Rosalia.
(b) Cocos Island.
(c) Isabela Island.
(d) Easter Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What single word adequately describes Charles Darwin's transformation of the Galapagos Islands from worthless to priceless?
2. What extra credit response did Noble Claggett turn in to Mary Hepburn that stayed with her until the day she died?
3. Who is a bartender at the Hotel El Dorado and a 21 year old descendant of proud Inca noblemen?
4. According to the narrator, what two animals keep the human population nice and manageable, and nobody starves?
5. Who has a stuffed Galapagos marine iguana on his desk?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)