|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 21-Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What film footage did Mary Hepburn show her students when she lectured on the Galapagos Islands at Ilium High School?
(a) The courtship dance of the blue-footed boobies.
(b) The courtship dance of the red-footed boobies.
(c) The courtship dance of the waved albatross.
(d) The courtship dance of the finches.
2. What subject did James Wait study for two years at the vocation high school in his home town?
(a) Restaurant Management.
(b) Aircraft repair and maintenance.
(c) Automobile repair and maintenance.
3. How many cruise ships have their port in Guayaquil?
4. How does Mary Hepburn die?
(a) She has a brain tumor.
(b) A great white shark eats her.
(c) She commits suicide.
(d) She falls overboard the Bahia.
5. What is the name of the ship that Darwin took on a mapping expedition that would take him completely around the world and would last five years?
(a) The Beetle.
(b) The Bronco.
(c) The Bangle.
(d) The Beagle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Willard Flemming?
2. To whom does Andrew MacIntosh reveal his real reason for flying Selena, Kazakh, and the Hiroguchis from Merida to Guayaquil?
3. What is the name given to the moment when the beaks of the blue-footed boobies are pointed in the direction exactly opposite to the pull of gravity?
4. Mary Hepburn whispers, "You are my enemy. Why would I want to carry such a terrible enemy inside of me?" What is she referring to?
5. In what year was the last human marriage in the Galapagos Islands performed?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)