|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 21-Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mary Hepburn's husband, Roy, die from?
(a) Alcohol poisoning.
(b) A gunshot wound.
(c) A brain tumor.
(d) A broken heart.
2. What name does Zenji Hiroguchi travel under?
(a) Willard Flemming.
(b) James Wait.
(c) Paloma Picasso.
(d) Zenji Kenzaburo.
3. Who was a former citizen of the Soviet Union and has been granted political asylum in Great Britain?
(a) Bobby King.
(b) Kilgore Trout.
(c) Andrew MacIntosh.
(d) Rudolf Nureyev.
4. According to the narrator, what two animals keep the human population nice and manageable, and nobody starves?
(a) Killer whales and sharks.
(b) Dolphins and stingrays.
(c) Blue-footed boobies and finches.
(d) Sea turtles and fish.
5. Another theory is given that the animals on the Galapagos Islands had been shooed ashore two by two down the plank of __________.
(a) Noah's Ark.
(b) The Titanic.
(c) The Bahia de Darwin.
(d) Joan's Ark.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary Hepburn wearing when she arrives at the Hotel El Dorado?
2. What is the name given to the moment when the beaks of the blue-footed boobies are pointed in the direction exactly opposite to the pull of gravity?
3. How many children do the Hepburn's have?
4. What is James Wait's native city?
5. What book does Roy make Mary get while he lays in his deathbed?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)