|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 21-Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the Bahia?
(a) A pair of old German sisters.
(b) A pair of young German brothers.
(c) A pair of old German brothers.
(d) A pair of young German sisters.
2. When does Siegfried von Kleist die?
(a) October 31, 1986.
(b) April 13, 1986.
(c) November 27, 1986.
(d) December 25, 1986.
3. What is James Wait's native city?
(a) Midland City.
4. According to the narrator, what two animals keep the human population nice and manageable, and nobody starves?
(a) Blue-footed boobies and finches.
(b) Sea turtles and fish.
(c) Killer whales and sharks.
(d) Dolphins and stingrays.
5. What is the name of the Galapagos Islands' northernmost island?
(a) Cocos Island.
(b) Easter Island.
(c) Santa Rosalia.
(d) Isabela Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. When his beauty began to fade, Wait became an instructor in __________ dancing.
2. Who claimed the Galapagos Islands in 1832?
3. What do the two stars by the names of certain characters in the story mean?
4. Who's brain is so big that it can show him movies in his head which stars him and his dependents as millionaires?
5. What did Mary Hepburn's husband, Roy, die from?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)