|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 21-Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator's mother could do all of the following dance forms except which one?
(a) The Jitterbug.
(b) The Waltz.
(d) The Lindy hop.
2. Who wants to become a major property owner in Ecuador?
(a) James Wait.
(b) Domingo Quezeda.
(c) Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.
(d) Andrew MackIntosh.
3. Who coined the term "biology?"
(a) Sigmund Freud.
(b) Charles Darwin.
(c) Albert Einstein.
(d) Gottfried Treveranus.
4. What is the capital of Ecuador?
5. How does Mary Hepburn die?
(a) A great white shark eats her.
(b) She has a brain tumor.
(c) She commits suicide.
(d) She falls overboard the Bahia.
Short Answer Questions
1. When his beauty began to fade, Wait became an instructor in __________ dancing.
2. What do the two stars by the names of certain characters in the story mean?
3. What film footage did Mary Hepburn show her students when she lectured on the Galapagos Islands at Ilium High School?
4. When does Siegfried von Kleist die?
5. Mary Hepburn whispers, "You are my enemy. Why would I want to carry such a terrible enemy inside of me?" What is she referring to?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)