|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 21-Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the Bahia?
(a) A pair of young German brothers.
(b) A pair of old German sisters.
(c) A pair of old German brothers.
(d) A pair of young German sisters.
2. How does Mary Hepburn die?
(a) She has a brain tumor.
(b) She commits suicide.
(c) She falls overboard the Bahia.
(d) A great white shark eats her.
3. What book does Roy make Mary get while he lays in his deathbed?
(a) The Vedas.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Book of Mormon.
(d) The Koran.
4. How many foster homes had Wait lived in growing up?
5. Who is considered the ancestor of every human being on the face of the earth and the Captain of the Bahia?
(a) Siegfried von Kleist.
(b) Adolf von Kleist.
(c) Leon Trout.
(d) Hisako Hiroguchi.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, what are the people of the Galapagos Islands only tool?
2. What bird becomes crucial to the survival of the little human colony on Santa Rosalia?
3. What two names are left off the Bahia passenger list as a matter of delicacy?
4. What television show does the Captain of the Bahia appear on?
5. Where do Panama hats come from?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)