|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 21-Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Willard Flemming?
(a) The manager at the Hotel El Dorado.
(b) The name James Wait uses on his Canadian passport.
(c) The bartender at the Hotel El Dorado.
(d) Mary Hepburn's first husband.
2. What magazine does Andrew MacIntosh read from cover to cover every month?
(a) National Geographic.
(b) Forbes Magazine.
(c) Times Magazine.
(d) Reader's Digest.
3. To whom does Andrew MacIntosh reveal his real reason for flying Selena, Kazakh, and the Hiroguchis from Merida to Guayaquil?
(b) James Wait.
4. Who is unmarried, never reproduced, and drowns by a tidal wave?
(a) Andrew MacIntosh.
(b) Adolf von Kleist.
(c) Eduardo Ximénez.
(d) Siegfried von Kleist.
5. What name does Zenji Hiroguchi travel under?
(a) Zenji Kenzaburo.
(b) Paloma Picasso.
(c) Willard Flemming.
(d) James Wait.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years does it take the Bahia to sink?
2. According to the narrator, what are the people of the Galapagos Islands only tool?
3. What is the capital of Ecuador?
4. What is the name of the ship that Darwin took on a mapping expedition that would take him completely around the world and would last five years?
5. Who wants to become a major property owner in Ecuador?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)