|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 21-Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has claimed to have been exposed to radiation when the United States dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima, Japan?
(a) Willard Flemming.
(b) Selena MacIntosh.
(c) Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.
(d) Hisako Hiroguchi.
2. According to the narrator, what are the people of the Galapagos Islands only tool?
3. Another theory is given that the animals on the Galapagos Islands had been shooed ashore two by two down the plank of __________.
(a) Joan's Ark.
(b) The Bahia de Darwin.
(c) Noah's Ark.
(d) The Titanic.
4. Where did Wait meet, court, and marry his first wife?
(a) At the dance studio.
(b) On the streets.
(c) On a cruise.
(d) At the bar.
5. What nationality does James Wait claim to be in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was the last human marriage in the Galapagos Islands performed?
2. What do the two stars by the names of certain characters in the story mean?
3. What name does Zenji Hiroguchi travel under?
4. Who has a stuffed Galapagos marine iguana on his desk?
5. What is ikebana?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)