|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 21-Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Wait meet, court, and marry his first wife?
(a) On the streets.
(b) On a cruise.
(c) At the bar.
(d) At the dance studio.
2. What bird becomes crucial to the survival of the little human colony on Santa Rosalia?
(a) Waved albatross.
(b) Red-footed booby.
(c) Blue-footed booby.
3. How does Mary Hepburn die?
(a) She commits suicide.
(b) She falls overboard the Bahia.
(c) A great white shark eats her.
(d) She has a brain tumor.
4. What is James Wait's native city?
(b) Midland City.
5. What other subject did Mary Hepburn teach at Ilium High School?
(a) Human sexuality.
(b) Physical education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What company is automating the Bahia and also employs Zenji Hiroguchi?
2. What single word adequately describes Charles Darwin's transformation of the Galapagos Islands from worthless to priceless?
3. How many foster homes had Wait lived in growing up?
4. What is the name of the archipelago of volcanic peaks due west of Guayaquil?
5. What subject did James Wait study for two years at the vocation high school in his home town?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)