|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 21-Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Donald?
(a) Mary Heburn's first husband.
(b) Mary and Roy Hepburn's cat.
(c) The captain of the Bahia.
(d) A golden retriever that Roy tied to a stake.
2. Who has claimed to have been exposed to radiation when the United States dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima, Japan?
(a) Willard Flemming.
(b) Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.
(c) Selena MacIntosh.
(d) Hisako Hiroguchi.
3. What bird is a teaser and a robber of the blue-footed boobies?
(a) The waved albatrosses.
(b) The penguin.
(c) The frigate.
(d) The blue heron.
4. It is theorized that ________ created all the creatures on the Galapagos Islands, so they had no need for transportation.
5. What do the two stars by the names of certain characters in the story mean?
(a) These characters are the most important.
(b) These characters are the only surviving characters.
(c) These characters are royal figures.
(d) These characters would be dead before the sun went down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Willard Flemming?
2. What is the name of the ship that Darwin took on a mapping expedition that would take him completely around the world and would last five years?
3. How many foster homes had Wait lived in growing up?
4. Including Wait, how many guests are staying at the Hotel El Dorado?
5. What bird becomes crucial to the survival of the little human colony on Santa Rosalia?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)