|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 21-Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who's maiden name is Boone?
(a) Selena MacIntosh.
(b) Mary Hepburn.
(c) Hisako Hiroguchi.
(d) Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.
2. Mary Hepburn whispers, "You are my enemy. Why would I want to carry such a terrible enemy inside of me?" What is she referring to?
(a) Her brain.
(b) Her spirit.
(c) Her heart.
(d) Her kidneys.
3. Who is Kazakh?
(a) Selena's father.
(b) Selena's seeing-eye dog.
(c) The hotel manager.
(d) Roy Hepburn's mistress.
4. Who's portrait is behind the bar at the Hotel El Dorado?
(a) Charles Darwin.
5. Who is Willard Flemming?
(a) Mary Hepburn's first husband.
(b) The bartender at the Hotel El Dorado.
(c) The manager at the Hotel El Dorado.
(d) The name James Wait uses on his Canadian passport.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, what two animals keep the human population nice and manageable, and nobody starves?
2. What do the two stars by the names of certain characters in the story mean?
3. What subject did James Wait study for two years at the vocation high school in his home town?
4. Who claimed the Galapagos Islands in 1832?
5. Who is the 35-year-old American male who could not swim a stroke, who intended to get from the South American continent to the Galapagos Islands?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)