|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 17-Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what are the people of the Galapagos Islands only tool?
2. What do the two stars by the names of certain characters in the story mean?
(a) These characters are the only surviving characters.
(b) These characters are the most important.
(c) These characters are royal figures.
(d) These characters would be dead before the sun went down.
3. Who can talk to animals?
4. What animal is not found on the Galapagos Islands?
5. Who befriended Wait after he ran away from home and taught him how to be a successful homosexual prostitute?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A waiter.
(c) A pimp.
(d) A cop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject did Mary Hepburn teach at the public high school in Ilium, New York?
2. It is theorized that ________ created all the creatures on the Galapagos Islands, so they had no need for transportation.
3. What is James Wait's native city?
4. Who is considered to be wild and greedy and inconsiderate, but not insane?
5. What magazine does Andrew MacIntosh read from cover to cover every month?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)