|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 17-Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Wait meet, court, and marry his first wife?
(a) At the bar.
(b) At the dance studio.
(c) On the streets.
(d) On a cruise.
2. What is the capital of Ecuador?
3. Who has claimed to have been exposed to radiation when the United States dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima, Japan?
(a) Willard Flemming.
(b) Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.
(c) Selena MacIntosh.
(d) Hisako Hiroguchi.
4. What do the two stars by the names of certain characters in the story mean?
(a) These characters are the most important.
(b) These characters are the only surviving characters.
(c) These characters would be dead before the sun went down.
(d) These characters are royal figures.
5. In what language does Andrew MacIntosh speak to Jesús Ortiz in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality does James Wait claim to be in Chapter 2?
2. Who claimed the Galapagos Islands in 1832?
3. How many foster homes had Wait lived in growing up?
4. Who befriended Wait after he ran away from home and taught him how to be a successful homosexual prostitute?
5. In what year was the last human marriage in the Galapagos Islands performed?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)