|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 17-Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mary Hepburn die?
(a) She has a brain tumor.
(b) She commits suicide.
(c) She falls overboard the Bahia.
(d) A great white shark eats her.
2. In what year was the last human marriage in the Galapagos Islands performed?
3. Who coined the term "biology?"
(a) Sigmund Freud.
(b) Charles Darwin.
(c) Gottfried Treveranus.
(d) Albert Einstein.
4. What is Mary Hepburn wearing when she arrives at the Hotel El Dorado?
(a) A silk formal dress.
(b) Jeans and a tank top.
(c) U.S. Marine Corps combat fatigues.
(d) A cheeta print dress.
5. What year was Charles Darwin born?
Short Answer Questions
1. When his beauty began to fade, Wait became an instructor in __________ dancing.
2. What book does Roy make Mary get while he lays in his deathbed?
3. Who's brain is so big that it can show him movies in his head which stars him and his dependents as millionaires?
4. When Wait considered himself old enough to run away, he hitchhiked to __________.
5. What is the name of the cruise ship that takes its maiden voyage to the Galapagos Islands?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)