|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 17-Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the two stars by the names of certain characters in the story mean?
(a) These characters would be dead before the sun went down.
(b) These characters are the only surviving characters.
(c) These characters are the most important.
(d) These characters are royal figures.
2. How many years does it take the Bahia to sink?
3. Who is considered the ancestor of every human being on the face of the earth and the Captain of the Bahia?
(a) Leon Trout.
(b) Hisako Hiroguchi.
(c) Siegfried von Kleist.
(d) Adolf von Kleist.
4. What is Mary Hepburn wearing when she arrives at the Hotel El Dorado?
(a) A silk formal dress.
(b) A cheeta print dress.
(c) U.S. Marine Corps combat fatigues.
(d) Jeans and a tank top.
5. Who coined the term "biology?"
(a) Charles Darwin.
(b) Sigmund Freud.
(c) Gottfried Treveranus.
(d) Albert Einstein.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to become a major property owner in Ecuador?
2. How does the narrator die?
3. Who is Kazakh?
4. Where do Panama hats come from?
5. Who is unmarried, never reproduced, and drowns by a tidal wave?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)