|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 17-Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who's brain is so big that it can show him movies in his head which stars him and his dependents as millionaires?
(a) Andrew MacIntosh.
(b) Leon Trout.
(c) Jesús Ortiz.
(d) Domingo Quezeda.
2. What company is automating the Bahia and also employs Zenji Hiroguchi?
3. What is Mary Hepburn wearing when she arrives at the Hotel El Dorado?
(a) U.S. Marine Corps combat fatigues.
(b) A silk formal dress.
(c) Jeans and a tank top.
(d) A cheeta print dress.
4. Who has claimed to have been exposed to radiation when the United States dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima, Japan?
(a) Willard Flemming.
(b) Selena MacIntosh.
(c) Hisako Hiroguchi.
(d) Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.
5. Who is considered the ancestor of every human being on the face of the earth and the Captain of the Bahia?
(a) Adolf von Kleist.
(b) Siegfried von Kleist.
(c) Leon Trout.
(d) Hisako Hiroguchi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the narrator's father's occupation?
2. In what year was the last human marriage in the Galapagos Islands performed?
3. Who is Donald?
4. Who's portrait is behind the bar at the Hotel El Dorado?
5. What do the two stars by the names of certain characters in the story mean?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)