|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 17-Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the narrator's father's occupation?
(a) A scientist.
(b) A science-fiction writer.
(c) A biology teacher.
(d) A pastry chef.
2. How does the narrator die?
(a) He was beheaded.
(b) A brain tumor.
(c) He was ate by a shark.
(d) He died of old age.
3. Who is Kazakh?
(a) Selena's father.
(b) Selena's seeing-eye dog.
(c) The hotel manager.
(d) Roy Hepburn's mistress.
4. What is the name of the ship that Darwin took on a mapping expedition that would take him completely around the world and would last five years?
(a) The Bangle.
(b) The Beagle.
(c) The Beetle.
(d) The Bronco.
5. What animal does Roy fight to stay alive to see on the Galapagos Islands?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the Bahia?
2. Who's brain is so big that it can show him movies in his head which stars him and his dependents as millionaires?
3. What single word adequately describes Charles Darwin's transformation of the Galapagos Islands from worthless to priceless?
4. It is theorized that ________ created all the creatures on the Galapagos Islands, so they had no need for transportation.
5. Where did Wait meet, court, and marry his first wife?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)