|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 17-Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When his beauty began to fade, Wait became an instructor in __________ dancing.
2. How does Andrew MacIntosh receive fifty million dollars?
(a) He inherites the money.
(b) It is loaned to him from a relative.
(c) He wins it at the casino.
(d) It is loaned to him from the bank.
3. What single word adequately describes Charles Darwin's transformation of the Galapagos Islands from worthless to priceless?
4. in 1986 A.D., where was the chief seaport of the little South American democracy of Ecuador?
5. What is the name of the archipelago of volcanic peaks due west of Guayaquil?
(a) The Galapagos Islands.
(b) The Solomon Islands.
(c) The Kuril Islands.
(d) The Fiji Islands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What war did the narrator fight in?
2. What is Mary Hepburn wearing when she arrives at the Hotel El Dorado?
3. Who has claimed to have been exposed to radiation when the United States dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima, Japan?
4. Who coined the term "biology?"
5. What do the two stars by the names of certain characters in the story mean?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)