|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 17-Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was a former citizen of the Soviet Union and has been granted political asylum in Great Britain?
(a) Bobby King.
(b) Kilgore Trout.
(c) Andrew MacIntosh.
(d) Rudolf Nureyev.
2. Who befriended Wait after he ran away from home and taught him how to be a successful homosexual prostitute?
(a) A waiter.
(b) A cop.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A pimp.
3. How does Andrew MacIntosh receive fifty million dollars?
(a) He inherites the money.
(b) He wins it at the casino.
(c) It is loaned to him from the bank.
(d) It is loaned to him from a relative.
4. Where did Wait meet, court, and marry his first wife?
(a) At the bar.
(b) On the streets.
(c) On a cruise.
(d) At the dance studio.
5. Mary Hepburn whispers, "You are my enemy. Why would I want to carry such a terrible enemy inside of me?" What is she referring to?
(a) Her kidneys.
(b) Her spirit.
(c) Her heart.
(d) Her brain.
Short Answer Questions
1. in 1986 A.D., where was the chief seaport of the little South American democracy of Ecuador?
2. What did Mary Hepburn's husband, Roy, die from?
3. What is the name of the archipelago of volcanic peaks due west of Guayaquil?
4. What is James Wait's native city?
5. Who coined the term "biology?"
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)