|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 17-Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many foster homes had Wait lived in growing up?
2. According to the narrator, what made marriage so difficult?
(a) The undersized heart.
(b) The lack of morals.
(c) The lack of support.
(d) The oversized brain.
3. According to the narrator, what are the people of the Galapagos Islands only tool?
4. What nationality does James Wait claim to be in Chapter 2?
5. in 1986 A.D., where was the chief seaport of the little South American democracy of Ecuador?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is James Wait's native city?
2. What year was Charles Darwin born?
3. What single word adequately describes Charles Darwin's transformation of the Galapagos Islands from worthless to priceless?
4. What company is automating the Bahia and also employs Zenji Hiroguchi?
5. Mary Hepburn whispers, "You are my enemy. Why would I want to carry such a terrible enemy inside of me?" What is she referring to?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)