|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 17-Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who can talk to animals?
2. How does the narrator die?
(a) A brain tumor.
(b) He was beheaded.
(c) He was ate by a shark.
(d) He died of old age.
3. What is the name of the body of water named in honor of Charles Darwin?
(a) The Bay of Charles.
(b) The Darwin River.
(c) The Darwin Stream.
(d) The Darwin Bay.
4. Another theory is given that the animals on the Galapagos Islands had been shooed ashore two by two down the plank of __________.
(a) Joan's Ark.
(b) The Bahia de Darwin.
(c) Noah's Ark.
(d) The Titanic.
5. What is the name of the Galapagos Islands' northernmost island?
(a) Cocos Island.
(b) Easter Island.
(c) Santa Rosalia.
(d) Isabela Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Roy fight to stay alive to see on the Galapagos Islands?
2. Who is Kazakh?
3. Including Wait, how many guests are staying at the Hotel El Dorado?
4. in 1986 A.D., where was the chief seaport of the little South American democracy of Ecuador?
5. How many cruise ships have their port in Guayaquil?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)