|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 17-Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mary Hepburn whispers, "You are my enemy. Why would I want to carry such a terrible enemy inside of me?" What is she referring to?
(a) Her spirit.
(b) Her heart.
(c) Her brain.
(d) Her kidneys.
2. How does Andrew MacIntosh receive fifty million dollars?
(a) It is loaned to him from the bank.
(b) It is loaned to him from a relative.
(c) He wins it at the casino.
(d) He inherites the money.
3. What animal does Roy fight to stay alive to see on the Galapagos Islands?
4. Who owns the Bahia?
(a) A pair of young German brothers.
(b) A pair of young German sisters.
(c) A pair of old German sisters.
(d) A pair of old German brothers.
5. Who is the 35-year-old American male who could not swim a stroke, who intended to get from the South American continent to the Galapagos Islands?
(a) Charles Darwin.
(b) Zenji Hiroguchi.
(c) James Wait.
(d) Leon Trout.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is unmarried, never reproduced, and drowns by a tidal wave?
2. What is James Wait's native city?
3. What is Mary Hepburn wearing when she arrives at the Hotel El Dorado?
4. When is the Bahia scheduled to sail?
5. In what language does Andrew MacIntosh speak to Jesús Ortiz in?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)