|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 17-Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Wait considered himself old enough to run away, he hitchhiked to __________.
2. What war did the narrator fight in?
(a) Civil War.
(b) World War II.
(c) Cold War.
(d) Vietnam War.
3. Another theory is given that the animals on the Galapagos Islands had been shooed ashore two by two down the plank of __________.
(a) Noah's Ark.
(b) The Titanic.
(c) The Bahia de Darwin.
(d) Joan's Ark.
4. What company is automating the Bahia and also employs Zenji Hiroguchi?
5. Who is Kazakh?
(a) Selena's seeing-eye dog.
(b) Roy Hepburn's mistress.
(c) The hotel manager.
(d) Selena's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Wait meet, court, and marry his first wife?
2. What did Mary Hepburn's husband, Roy, die from?
3. What was the narrator's father's occupation?
4. Who has a stuffed Galapagos marine iguana on his desk?
5. What single word adequately describes Charles Darwin's transformation of the Galapagos Islands from worthless to priceless?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)