|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 17-Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the Bahia built?
2. What year was Charles Darwin born?
3. What is ikebana?
(a) The Chinese art of flower arranging.
(b) The Chinese art of sculpture making.
(c) The Japanese art of pottery making.
(d) The Japanese art of flower arranging.
4. When Wait considered himself old enough to run away, he hitchhiked to __________.
5. What animal does Roy fight to stay alive to see on the Galapagos Islands?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the capital of Ecuador?
2. What single word adequately describes Charles Darwin's transformation of the Galapagos Islands from worthless to priceless?
3. Who coined the term "biology?"
4. What war did the narrator fight in?
5. When his beauty began to fade, Wait became an instructor in __________ dancing.
This section contains 152 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)