|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 17-Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claimed the Galapagos Islands in 1832?
2. What subject did Mary Hepburn teach at the public high school in Ilium, New York?
(d) Social Studies.
3. When does Siegfried von Kleist die?
(a) November 27, 1986.
(b) December 25, 1986.
(c) October 31, 1986.
(d) April 13, 1986.
4. What subject did James Wait study for two years at the vocation high school in his home town?
(a) Restaurant Management.
(b) Aircraft repair and maintenance.
(d) Automobile repair and maintenance.
5. How does Mary Hepburn die?
(a) A great white shark eats her.
(b) She has a brain tumor.
(c) She falls overboard the Bahia.
(d) She commits suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Wait meet, court, and marry his first wife?
2. When his beauty began to fade, Wait became an instructor in __________ dancing.
3. What is the name of the archipelago of volcanic peaks due west of Guayaquil?
4. Who has a stuffed Galapagos marine iguana on his desk?
5. What animal is far superior to people when it comes to distinguishing between different odors?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)