|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 11-Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mary Hepburn die?
(a) She commits suicide.
(b) She has a brain tumor.
(c) A great white shark eats her.
(d) She falls overboard the Bahia.
2. Who owns the Bahia?
(a) A pair of young German brothers.
(b) A pair of old German sisters.
(c) A pair of old German brothers.
(d) A pair of young German sisters.
3. What is the name of the archipelago of volcanic peaks due west of Guayaquil?
(a) The Galapagos Islands.
(b) The Solomon Islands.
(c) The Kuril Islands.
(d) The Fiji Islands.
4. Another theory is given that the animals on the Galapagos Islands had been shooed ashore two by two down the plank of __________.
(a) The Bahia de Darwin.
(b) Joan's Ark.
(c) Noah's Ark.
(d) The Titanic.
5. Who is unmarried, never reproduced, and drowns by a tidal wave?
(a) Adolf von Kleist.
(b) Siegfried von Kleist.
(c) Eduardo Ximénez.
(d) Andrew MacIntosh.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the Bahia scheduled to sail?
2. What did Mary Hepburn's husband, Roy, die from?
3. What single word adequately describes Charles Darwin's transformation of the Galapagos Islands from worthless to priceless?
4. What is Mary Hepburn wearing when she arrives at the Hotel El Dorado?
5. What is the name of the cruise ship that takes its maiden voyage to the Galapagos Islands?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)