|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 11-Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who's portrait is behind the bar at the Hotel El Dorado?
(b) Charles Darwin.
2. When Wait considered himself old enough to run away, he hitchhiked to __________.
3. What subject did Mary Hepburn teach at the public high school in Ilium, New York?
(d) Social Studies.
4. Who is considered the ancestor of every human being on the face of the earth and the Captain of the Bahia?
(a) Adolf von Kleist.
(b) Leon Trout.
(c) Hisako Hiroguchi.
(d) Siegfried von Kleist.
5. What book does Roy make Mary get while he lays in his deathbed?
(a) The Vedas.
(b) The Book of Mormon.
(c) The Koran.
(d) The Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator die?
2. Where did Wait meet, court, and marry his first wife?
3. Including Wait, how many guests are staying at the Hotel El Dorado?
4. What animal does Roy fight to stay alive to see on the Galapagos Islands?
5. How many cruise ships have their port in Guayaquil?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)