|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 11-Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the 35-year-old American male who could not swim a stroke, who intended to get from the South American continent to the Galapagos Islands?
(a) James Wait.
(b) Leon Trout.
(c) Charles Darwin.
(d) Zenji Hiroguchi.
2. What nationality does James Wait claim to be in Chapter 2?
3. What is Mary Hepburn wearing when she arrives at the Hotel El Dorado?
(a) Jeans and a tank top.
(b) U.S. Marine Corps combat fatigues.
(c) A cheeta print dress.
(d) A silk formal dress.
4. What is the name of the Ecuadorian currency that has become worth less than a banana peel?
5. What is the name of the archipelago of volcanic peaks due west of Guayaquil?
(a) The Galapagos Islands.
(b) The Kuril Islands.
(c) The Fiji Islands.
(d) The Solomon Islands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is not found on the Galapagos Islands?
2. Who befriended Wait after he ran away from home and taught him how to be a successful homosexual prostitute?
3. What is the name of the cruise ship that takes its maiden voyage to the Galapagos Islands?
4. Who is Kazakh?
5. How does the narrator die?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)