|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 11-Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is a bartender at the Hotel El Dorado and a 21 year old descendant of proud Inca noblemen?
(a) Jesus Ortiz.
(b) James Wait.
(c) Leon Trout.
(d) Willard Flemming.
2. Where do Panama hats come from?
3. When Wait considered himself old enough to run away, he hitchhiked to __________.
4. What animal is not found on the Galapagos Islands?
5. How many children do the Hepburn's have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is unmarried, never reproduced, and drowns by a tidal wave?
2. What subject did James Wait study for two years at the vocation high school in his home town?
3. What is ikebana?
4. Who is the 35-year-old American male who could not swim a stroke, who intended to get from the South American continent to the Galapagos Islands?
5. What single word adequately describes Charles Darwin's transformation of the Galapagos Islands from worthless to priceless?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)