|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 11-Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mary Hepburn die?
(a) She has a brain tumor.
(b) She falls overboard the Bahia.
(c) A great white shark eats her.
(d) She commits suicide.
2. What is the name of the body of water named in honor of Charles Darwin?
(a) The Darwin Stream.
(b) The Darwin River.
(c) The Darwin Bay.
(d) The Bay of Charles.
3. What animal does Roy fight to stay alive to see on the Galapagos Islands?
4. What subject did James Wait study for two years at the vocation high school in his home town?
(a) Restaurant Management.
(b) Automobile repair and maintenance.
(d) Aircraft repair and maintenance.
5. What is the name of the Ecuadorian currency that has become worth less than a banana peel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the archipelago of volcanic peaks due west of Guayaquil?
2. What did Mary Hepburn's husband, Roy, die from?
3. Who befriended Wait after he ran away from home and taught him how to be a successful homosexual prostitute?
4. Where did Wait meet, court, and marry his first wife?
5. What is ikebana?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)