|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 11-Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Galapagos Islands' northernmost island?
(a) Cocos Island.
(b) Isabela Island.
(c) Santa Rosalia.
(d) Easter Island.
2. When his beauty began to fade, Wait became an instructor in __________ dancing.
3. What branch of military had Roy served in?
(a) The Airforce.
(b) The Navy.
(c) The Army.
(d) The Marines.
4. Including Wait, how many guests are staying at the Hotel El Dorado?
5. What single word adequately describes Charles Darwin's transformation of the Galapagos Islands from worthless to priceless?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mary Hepburn whispers, "You are my enemy. Why would I want to carry such a terrible enemy inside of me?" What is she referring to?
2. When is the Bahia scheduled to sail?
3. What is the name of the body of water named in honor of Charles Darwin?
4. What is the name of the ship that Darwin took on a mapping expedition that would take him completely around the world and would last five years?
5. How many children do the Hepburn's have?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)