|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 11-Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ship that Darwin took on a mapping expedition that would take him completely around the world and would last five years?
(a) The Bangle.
(b) The Beagle.
(c) The Beetle.
(d) The Bronco.
2. Where do Panama hats come from?
3. Who is unmarried, never reproduced, and drowns by a tidal wave?
(a) Siegfried von Kleist.
(b) Eduardo Ximénez.
(c) Andrew MacIntosh.
(d) Adolf von Kleist.
4. What animal is not found on the Galapagos Islands?
5. How many cruise ships have their port in Guayaquil?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ikebana?
2. When Wait considered himself old enough to run away, he hitchhiked to __________.
3. Who is considered to be wild and greedy and inconsiderate, but not insane?
4. in 1986 A.D., where was the chief seaport of the little South American democracy of Ecuador?
5. What is the name of the cruise ship that takes its maiden voyage to the Galapagos Islands?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)