|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 11-Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants to become a major property owner in Ecuador?
(a) Domingo Quezeda.
(b) Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.
(c) Andrew MackIntosh.
(d) James Wait.
2. When Wait considered himself old enough to run away, he hitchhiked to __________.
3. How many years does it take the Bahia to sink?
4. Who is a bartender at the Hotel El Dorado and a 21 year old descendant of proud Inca noblemen?
(a) Jesus Ortiz.
(b) Willard Flemming.
(c) James Wait.
(d) Leon Trout.
5. Who owns the Bahia?
(a) A pair of young German brothers.
(b) A pair of old German brothers.
(c) A pair of old German sisters.
(d) A pair of young German sisters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two stars by the names of certain characters in the story mean?
2. What animal does Roy fight to stay alive to see on the Galapagos Islands?
3. Who's portrait is behind the bar at the Hotel El Dorado?
4. Where did Wait meet, court, and marry his first wife?
5. Who is considered to be wild and greedy and inconsiderate, but not insane?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)