|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 11-Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject did James Wait study for two years at the vocation high school in his home town?
(a) Restaurant Management.
(b) Automobile repair and maintenance.
(c) Aircraft repair and maintenance.
2. Who is a bartender at the Hotel El Dorado and a 21 year old descendant of proud Inca noblemen?
(a) Jesus Ortiz.
(b) James Wait.
(c) Willard Flemming.
(d) Leon Trout.
3. What do the two stars by the names of certain characters in the story mean?
(a) These characters would be dead before the sun went down.
(b) These characters are the only surviving characters.
(c) These characters are the most important.
(d) These characters are royal figures.
4. How many children do the Hepburn's have?
5. What is the name of the cruise ship that takes its maiden voyage to the Galapagos Islands?
(a) The Bahia de Navidad.
(b) The Bahia de Santander.
(c) The Bahia de Darwin.
(d) The Bahia de Caraquez Ecuador.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Wait considered himself old enough to run away, he hitchhiked to __________.
2. Who is Donald?
3. Who is Willard Flemming?
4. What single word adequately describes Charles Darwin's transformation of the Galapagos Islands from worthless to priceless?
5. What animal is not found on the Galapagos Islands?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)