|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 11-Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mary Hepburn whispers, "You are my enemy. Why would I want to carry such a terrible enemy inside of me?" What is she referring to?
(a) Her brain.
(b) Her spirit.
(c) Her heart.
(d) Her kidneys.
2. What is the capital of Ecuador?
3. in 1986 A.D., where was the chief seaport of the little South American democracy of Ecuador?
4. Another theory is given that the animals on the Galapagos Islands had been shooed ashore two by two down the plank of __________.
(a) The Titanic.
(b) Joan's Ark.
(c) The Bahia de Darwin.
(d) Noah's Ark.
5. What subject did Mary Hepburn teach at the public high school in Ilium, New York?
(c) Social Studies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator die?
2. What is the name of the Galapagos Islands' northernmost island?
3. Who is unmarried, never reproduced, and drowns by a tidal wave?
4. What is the name of the cruise ship that takes its maiden voyage to the Galapagos Islands?
5. What is the name of the Ecuadorian currency that has become worth less than a banana peel?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)