|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 5-Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claimed the Galapagos Islands in 1832?
2. What is the name of the body of water named in honor of Charles Darwin?
(a) The Bay of Charles.
(b) The Darwin Bay.
(c) The Darwin Stream.
(d) The Darwin River.
3. What nationality does James Wait claim to be in Chapter 2?
4. What single word adequately describes Charles Darwin's transformation of the Galapagos Islands from worthless to priceless?
5. How many wives has James Wait had?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Willard Flemming?
2. What animal is not found on the Galapagos Islands?
3. Where do Panama hats come from?
4. What is ikebana?
5. What is the name of the ship that Darwin took on a mapping expedition that would take him completely around the world and would last five years?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)