|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 5-Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years does it take the Bahia to sink?
2. Another theory is given that the animals on the Galapagos Islands had been shooed ashore two by two down the plank of __________.
(a) The Bahia de Darwin.
(b) Noah's Ark.
(c) Joan's Ark.
(d) The Titanic.
3. Who is the 35-year-old American male who could not swim a stroke, who intended to get from the South American continent to the Galapagos Islands?
(a) James Wait.
(b) Leon Trout.
(c) Charles Darwin.
(d) Zenji Hiroguchi.
4. What subject did Mary Hepburn teach at the public high school in Ilium, New York?
(a) Social Studies.
5. What is the name of the cruise ship that takes its maiden voyage to the Galapagos Islands?
(a) The Bahia de Caraquez Ecuador.
(b) The Bahia de Navidad.
(c) The Bahia de Darwin.
(d) The Bahia de Santander.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the Bahia built?
2. What animal is not found on the Galapagos Islands?
3. Where do Panama hats come from?
4. Who's portrait is behind the bar at the Hotel El Dorado?
5. How many foster homes had Wait lived in growing up?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)