|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 5-Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is ikebana?
(a) The Chinese art of flower arranging.
(b) The Japanese art of pottery making.
(c) The Chinese art of sculpture making.
(d) The Japanese art of flower arranging.
2. Where did Wait meet, court, and marry his first wife?
(a) At the dance studio.
(b) On a cruise.
(c) At the bar.
(d) On the streets.
3. When Wait considered himself old enough to run away, he hitchhiked to __________.
4. What nationality does James Wait claim to be in Chapter 2?
5. When his beauty began to fade, Wait became an instructor in __________ dancing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many foster homes had Wait lived in growing up?
2. Who is Willard Flemming?
3. Including Wait, how many guests are staying at the Hotel El Dorado?
4. Where do Panama hats come from?
5. Who's portrait is behind the bar at the Hotel El Dorado?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)