|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 5-Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality does James Wait claim to be in Chapter 2?
2. Another theory is given that the animals on the Galapagos Islands had been shooed ashore two by two down the plank of __________.
(a) Noah's Ark.
(b) The Bahia de Darwin.
(c) Joan's Ark.
(d) The Titanic.
3. Including Wait, how many guests are staying at the Hotel El Dorado?
4. Who's portrait is behind the bar at the Hotel El Dorado?
(b) Charles Darwin.
5. Mary Hepburn whispers, "You are my enemy. Why would I want to carry such a terrible enemy inside of me?" What is she referring to?
(a) Her heart.
(b) Her kidneys.
(c) Her brain.
(d) Her spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject did James Wait study for two years at the vocation high school in his home town?
2. What animal is not found on the Galapagos Islands?
3. How many years does it take the Bahia to sink?
4. What is the name of the ship that Darwin took on a mapping expedition that would take him completely around the world and would last five years?
5. When is the Bahia scheduled to sail?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)