|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 5-Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality does James Wait claim to be in Chapter 2?
2. When his beauty began to fade, Wait became an instructor in __________ dancing.
3. What is the name of the body of water named in honor of Charles Darwin?
(a) The Darwin Stream.
(b) The Darwin River.
(c) The Darwin Bay.
(d) The Bay of Charles.
4. What is the name of the archipelago of volcanic peaks due west of Guayaquil?
(a) The Kuril Islands.
(b) The Solomon Islands.
(c) The Galapagos Islands.
(d) The Fiji Islands.
5. Who befriended Wait after he ran away from home and taught him how to be a successful homosexual prostitute?
(a) A cop.
(b) A waiter.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A pimp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who's portrait is behind the bar at the Hotel El Dorado?
2. How many wives has James Wait had?
3. When is the Bahia scheduled to sail?
4. Mary Hepburn whispers, "You are my enemy. Why would I want to carry such a terrible enemy inside of me?" What is she referring to?
5. Including Wait, how many guests are staying at the Hotel El Dorado?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)