|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 5-Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the two stars by the names of certain characters in the story mean?
(a) These characters would be dead before the sun went down.
(b) These characters are the only surviving characters.
(c) These characters are the most important.
(d) These characters are royal figures.
2. When Wait considered himself old enough to run away, he hitchhiked to __________.
3. How many wives has James Wait had?
4. Mary Hepburn whispers, "You are my enemy. Why would I want to carry such a terrible enemy inside of me?" What is she referring to?
(a) Her heart.
(b) Her brain.
(c) Her kidneys.
(d) Her spirit.
5. Where was the Bahia built?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many foster homes had Wait lived in growing up?
2. Who owns the Bahia?
3. Who's portrait is behind the bar at the Hotel El Dorado?
4. Who befriended Wait after he ran away from home and taught him how to be a successful homosexual prostitute?
5. What is the name of the ship that Darwin took on a mapping expedition that would take him completely around the world and would last five years?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)