|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 5-Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What single word adequately describes Charles Darwin's transformation of the Galapagos Islands from worthless to priceless?
2. Where did Wait meet, court, and marry his first wife?
(a) At the bar.
(b) On the streets.
(c) On a cruise.
(d) At the dance studio.
3. What nationality does James Wait claim to be in Chapter 2?
4. Where was the Bahia built?
5. Who's portrait is behind the bar at the Hotel El Dorado?
(a) Charles Darwin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mary Hepburn whispers, "You are my enemy. Why would I want to carry such a terrible enemy inside of me?" What is she referring to?
2. Who befriended Wait after he ran away from home and taught him how to be a successful homosexual prostitute?
3. When his beauty began to fade, Wait became an instructor in __________ dancing.
4. What is the name of the cruise ship that takes its maiden voyage to the Galapagos Islands?
5. Including Wait, how many guests are staying at the Hotel El Dorado?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)