|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 5-Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ship that Darwin took on a mapping expedition that would take him completely around the world and would last five years?
(a) The Bangle.
(b) The Beagle.
(c) The Bronco.
(d) The Beetle.
2. What nationality does James Wait claim to be in Chapter 2?
3. It is theorized that ________ created all the creatures on the Galapagos Islands, so they had no need for transportation.
4. What is the name of the body of water named in honor of Charles Darwin?
(a) The Darwin River.
(b) The Darwin Stream.
(c) The Darwin Bay.
(d) The Bay of Charles.
5. Another theory is given that the animals on the Galapagos Islands had been shooed ashore two by two down the plank of __________.
(a) The Bahia de Darwin.
(b) Noah's Ark.
(c) The Titanic.
(d) Joan's Ark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Wait meet, court, and marry his first wife?
2. Who claimed the Galapagos Islands in 1832?
3. Where do Panama hats come from?
4. What animal is not found on the Galapagos Islands?
5. What subject did James Wait study for two years at the vocation high school in his home town?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)