|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 5-Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ship that Darwin took on a mapping expedition that would take him completely around the world and would last five years?
(a) The Bangle.
(b) The Beetle.
(c) The Beagle.
(d) The Bronco.
2. What is Mary Hepburn wearing when she arrives at the Hotel El Dorado?
(a) Jeans and a tank top.
(b) U.S. Marine Corps combat fatigues.
(c) A silk formal dress.
(d) A cheeta print dress.
3. When Wait considered himself old enough to run away, he hitchhiked to __________.
4. Who owns the Bahia?
(a) A pair of old German brothers.
(b) A pair of young German brothers.
(c) A pair of old German sisters.
(d) A pair of young German sisters.
5. What subject did James Wait study for two years at the vocation high school in his home town?
(a) Aircraft repair and maintenance.
(b) Automobile repair and maintenance.
(c) Restaurant Management.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Panama hats come from?
2. Who claimed the Galapagos Islands in 1832?
3. What subject did Mary Hepburn teach at the public high school in Ilium, New York?
4. When his beauty began to fade, Wait became an instructor in __________ dancing.
5. Where did Wait meet, court, and marry his first wife?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)