|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 5-Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is ikebana?
(a) The Chinese art of sculpture making.
(b) The Chinese art of flower arranging.
(c) The Japanese art of flower arranging.
(d) The Japanese art of pottery making.
2. Another theory is given that the animals on the Galapagos Islands had been shooed ashore two by two down the plank of __________.
(a) Noah's Ark.
(b) The Bahia de Darwin.
(c) Joan's Ark.
(d) The Titanic.
3. What is James Wait's native city?
(a) Midland City.
4. Where did Wait meet, court, and marry his first wife?
(a) At the bar.
(b) At the dance studio.
(c) On the streets.
(d) On a cruise.
5. Who is the 35-year-old American male who could not swim a stroke, who intended to get from the South American continent to the Galapagos Islands?
(a) Charles Darwin.
(b) Leon Trout.
(c) Zenji Hiroguchi.
(d) James Wait.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who befriended Wait after he ran away from home and taught him how to be a successful homosexual prostitute?
2. Who's portrait is behind the bar at the Hotel El Dorado?
3. Who claimed the Galapagos Islands in 1832?
4. When his beauty began to fade, Wait became an instructor in __________ dancing.
5. Mary Hepburn whispers, "You are my enemy. Why would I want to carry such a terrible enemy inside of me?" What is she referring to?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)