|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 5-Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the body of water named in honor of Charles Darwin?
(a) The Darwin Stream.
(b) The Darwin Bay.
(c) The Darwin River.
(d) The Bay of Charles.
2. Another theory is given that the animals on the Galapagos Islands had been shooed ashore two by two down the plank of __________.
(a) The Titanic.
(b) The Bahia de Darwin.
(c) Noah's Ark.
(d) Joan's Ark.
3. What is the name of the cruise ship that takes its maiden voyage to the Galapagos Islands?
(a) The Bahia de Caraquez Ecuador.
(b) The Bahia de Navidad.
(c) The Bahia de Darwin.
(d) The Bahia de Santander.
4. What is ikebana?
(a) The Chinese art of flower arranging.
(b) The Chinese art of sculpture making.
(c) The Japanese art of pottery making.
(d) The Japanese art of flower arranging.
5. in 1986 A.D., where was the chief seaport of the little South American democracy of Ecuador?
Short Answer Questions
1. Including Wait, how many guests are staying at the Hotel El Dorado?
2. What is the name of the ship that Darwin took on a mapping expedition that would take him completely around the world and would last five years?
3. What is James Wait's native city?
4. It is theorized that ________ created all the creatures on the Galapagos Islands, so they had no need for transportation.
5. When is the Bahia scheduled to sail?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)