|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 5-Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What single word adequately describes Charles Darwin's transformation of the Galapagos Islands from worthless to priceless?
2. How many wives has James Wait had?
3. Who befriended Wait after he ran away from home and taught him how to be a successful homosexual prostitute?
(a) A cop.
(b) A waiter.
(c) A pimp.
(d) A nurse.
4. in 1986 A.D., where was the chief seaport of the little South American democracy of Ecuador?
5. When his beauty began to fade, Wait became an instructor in __________ dancing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the Bahia built?
2. What is ikebana?
3. What is the name of the cruise ship that takes its maiden voyage to the Galapagos Islands?
4. How many years does it take the Bahia to sink?
5. Who claimed the Galapagos Islands in 1832?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)