|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 5-Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal is not found on the Galapagos Islands?
2. Where did Wait meet, court, and marry his first wife?
(a) At the dance studio.
(b) At the bar.
(c) On the streets.
(d) On a cruise.
3. What subject did Mary Hepburn teach at the public high school in Ilium, New York?
(a) Social Studies.
4. Who is a bartender at the Hotel El Dorado and a 21 year old descendant of proud Inca noblemen?
(a) Jesus Ortiz.
(b) Willard Flemming.
(c) James Wait.
(d) Leon Trout.
5. Who is the 35-year-old American male who could not swim a stroke, who intended to get from the South American continent to the Galapagos Islands?
(a) Leon Trout.
(b) James Wait.
(c) Zenji Hiroguchi.
(d) Charles Darwin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Another theory is given that the animals on the Galapagos Islands had been shooed ashore two by two down the plank of __________.
2. When is the Bahia scheduled to sail?
3. How many foster homes had Wait lived in growing up?
4. What is the name of the archipelago of volcanic peaks due west of Guayaquil?
5. Mary Hepburn whispers, "You are my enemy. Why would I want to carry such a terrible enemy inside of me?" What is she referring to?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)