|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 5-Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary Hepburn wearing when she arrives at the Hotel El Dorado?
(a) A silk formal dress.
(b) Jeans and a tank top.
(c) U.S. Marine Corps combat fatigues.
(d) A cheeta print dress.
2. Where was the Bahia built?
3. What subject did James Wait study for two years at the vocation high school in his home town?
(a) Aircraft repair and maintenance.
(c) Restaurant Management.
(d) Automobile repair and maintenance.
4. Who is a bartender at the Hotel El Dorado and a 21 year old descendant of proud Inca noblemen?
(a) Leon Trout.
(b) James Wait.
(c) Willard Flemming.
(d) Jesus Ortiz.
5. What single word adequately describes Charles Darwin's transformation of the Galapagos Islands from worthless to priceless?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is James Wait's native city?
2. What is ikebana?
3. How many cruise ships have their port in Guayaquil?
4. What animal is not found on the Galapagos Islands?
5. Where did Wait meet, court, and marry his first wife?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)