|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 5-Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Willard Flemming?
(a) The name James Wait uses on his Canadian passport.
(b) The bartender at the Hotel El Dorado.
(c) The manager at the Hotel El Dorado.
(d) Mary Hepburn's first husband.
2. Mary Hepburn whispers, "You are my enemy. Why would I want to carry such a terrible enemy inside of me?" What is she referring to?
(a) Her kidneys.
(b) Her brain.
(c) Her heart.
(d) Her spirit.
3. What nationality does James Wait claim to be in Chapter 2?
4. What subject did Mary Hepburn teach at the public high school in Ilium, New York?
(c) Social Studies.
5. When Wait considered himself old enough to run away, he hitchhiked to __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years does it take the Bahia to sink?
2. What is the name of the cruise ship that takes its maiden voyage to the Galapagos Islands?
3. in 1986 A.D., where was the chief seaport of the little South American democracy of Ecuador?
4. How many cruise ships have their port in Guayaquil?
5. Who is the 35-year-old American male who could not swim a stroke, who intended to get from the South American continent to the Galapagos Islands?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)