|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 5-Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ship that Darwin took on a mapping expedition that would take him completely around the world and would last five years?
(a) The Bangle.
(b) The Beetle.
(c) The Beagle.
(d) The Bronco.
2. Who is a bartender at the Hotel El Dorado and a 21 year old descendant of proud Inca noblemen?
(a) James Wait.
(b) Jesus Ortiz.
(c) Willard Flemming.
(d) Leon Trout.
3. Who owns the Bahia?
(a) A pair of young German brothers.
(b) A pair of old German sisters.
(c) A pair of old German brothers.
(d) A pair of young German sisters.
4. What subject did Mary Hepburn teach at the public high school in Ilium, New York?
(d) Social Studies.
5. Where was the Bahia built?
Short Answer Questions
1. What single word adequately describes Charles Darwin's transformation of the Galapagos Islands from worthless to priceless?
2. Where do Panama hats come from?
3. What is the name of the archipelago of volcanic peaks due west of Guayaquil?
4. What is James Wait's native city?
5. When his beauty began to fade, Wait became an instructor in __________ dancing.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)