|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 5-Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the Bahia scheduled to sail?
(a) April 1, 1986.
(b) November 28, 1986.
(c) July 4, 1986.
(d) January 1, 1986.
2. Who owns the Bahia?
(a) A pair of young German sisters.
(b) A pair of old German brothers.
(c) A pair of young German brothers.
(d) A pair of old German sisters.
3. Who's portrait is behind the bar at the Hotel El Dorado?
(d) Charles Darwin.
4. Mary Hepburn whispers, "You are my enemy. Why would I want to carry such a terrible enemy inside of me?" What is she referring to?
(a) Her brain.
(b) Her spirit.
(c) Her kidneys.
(d) Her heart.
5. Who is Willard Flemming?
(a) The name James Wait uses on his Canadian passport.
(b) The manager at the Hotel El Dorado.
(c) The bartender at the Hotel El Dorado.
(d) Mary Hepburn's first husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the Bahia built?
2. What single word adequately describes Charles Darwin's transformation of the Galapagos Islands from worthless to priceless?
3. What is the name of the ship that Darwin took on a mapping expedition that would take him completely around the world and would last five years?
4. Who befriended Wait after he ran away from home and taught him how to be a successful homosexual prostitute?
5. What subject did James Wait study for two years at the vocation high school in his home town?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)