|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 17-Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year was Charles Darwin born?
2. Who befriended Wait after he ran away from home and taught him how to be a successful homosexual prostitute?
(a) A waiter.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A cop.
(d) A pimp.
3. When is the Bahia scheduled to sail?
(a) July 4, 1986.
(b) April 1, 1986.
(c) January 1, 1986.
(d) November 28, 1986.
4. Who is Willard Flemming?
(a) The bartender at the Hotel El Dorado.
(b) The name James Wait uses on his Canadian passport.
(c) The manager at the Hotel El Dorado.
(d) Mary Hepburn's first husband.
5. Who is the 35-year-old American male who could not swim a stroke, who intended to get from the South American continent to the Galapagos Islands?
(a) Leon Trout.
(b) Zenji Hiroguchi.
(c) James Wait.
(d) Charles Darwin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ikebana?
2. According to the narrator, what made marriage so difficult?
3. Who claimed the Galapagos Islands in 1832?
4. When does Siegfried von Kleist die?
5. What is the name of the ship that Darwin took on a mapping expedition that would take him completely around the world and would last five years?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)