Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 5-Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Including Wait, how many guests are staying at the Hotel El Dorado?
2. Who is Willard Flemming?
(a) The manager at the Hotel El Dorado.
(b) The name James Wait uses on his Canadian passport.
(c) Mary Hepburn's first husband.
(d) The bartender at the Hotel El Dorado.
3. Who is the 35-year-old American male who could not swim a stroke, who intended to get from the South American continent to the Galapagos Islands?
(a) Charles Darwin.
(b) Leon Trout.
(c) James Wait.
(d) Zenji Hiroguchi.
4. It is theorized that ________ created all the creatures on the Galapagos Islands, so they had no need for transportation.
5. What is the name of the archipelago of volcanic peaks due west of Guayaquil?
(a) The Galapagos Islands.
(b) The Solomon Islands.
(c) The Kuril Islands.
(d) The Fiji Islands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the body of water named in honor of Charles Darwin?
2. What is ikebana?
3. How many wives has James Wait had?
4. What do the two stars by the names of certain characters in the story mean?
5. How many years does it take the Bahia to sink?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)