|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two: And the Thing Became, Chapter 7-Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the Bahia?
(a) A pair of old German sisters.
(b) A pair of young German brothers.
(c) A pair of old German brothers.
(d) A pair of young German sisters.
2. What bird is a teaser and a robber of the blue-footed boobies?
(a) The penguin.
(b) The waved albatrosses.
(c) The frigate.
(d) The blue heron.
3. What important object is missing from the Bahia?
(a) The anchor.
(b) The hull.
(c) The helm.
(d) The figurehead.
4. Whose wife did James Wait have sexual relations with when he was still in Midland City, Ohio?
(a) Willard Flemming.
(b) Dwayne Hoover.
(c) Adolf von Kleist.
(d) Leon Trout.
5. What was the narrator's father's occupation?
(a) A scientist.
(b) A science-fiction writer.
(c) A biology teacher.
(d) A pastry chef.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary Hepburn wearing when she arrives at the Hotel El Dorado?
2. What bird becomes crucial to the survival of the little human colony on Santa Rosalia?
3. What film footage did Mary Hepburn show her students when she lectured on the Galapagos Islands at Ilium High School?
4. What make and model vehicle does Hernando Cruz drive?
5. What is the name given to the moment when the beaks of the blue-footed boobies are pointed in the direction exactly opposite to the pull of gravity?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)