|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two: And the Thing Became, Chapter 7-Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary Hepburn wearing when she arrives at the Hotel El Dorado?
(a) U.S. Marine Corps combat fatigues.
(b) A cheeta print dress.
(c) A silk formal dress.
(d) Jeans and a tank top.
2. How does Mary Hepburn introduce herself to James Wait?
(a) As a college professor and a widow.
(b) As a principal and a divorcee.
(c) As a marine biologist and a divorcee.
(d) As an ex-teacher and a widow.
3. What important object is missing from the Bahia?
(a) The hull.
(b) The figurehead.
(c) The helm.
(d) The anchor.
4. What is Guillermo Reyes's rocket compared to in Chapter 34?
(a) The dancing blue-footed booby.
(b) The colorful chameleon.
(c) The great land torotise.
(d) The flightless penguin.
5. What extra credit response did Noble Claggett turn in to Mary Hepburn that stayed with her until the day she died?
(a) A song.
(b) A novel.
(c) A portrait.
(d) A poem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ziggie?
2. Which of the following author's are not quoted in Chapter 35?
3. Who's portrait is behind the bar at the Hotel El Dorado?
4. What company is automating the Bahia and also employs Zenji Hiroguchi?
5. When his beauty began to fade, Wait became an instructor in __________ dancing.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)