|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two: And the Thing Became, Chapter 7-Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal is Mary Hepburn hallucinating to be while suffocating herself?
(a) A blue-footed booby.
(b) A snake.
(c) A chameleon.
(d) A land tortoise.
2. Who says: "I love you so much. Please marry me. I'm so lonesome. I'm so scared."
(c) Mary Hepburn.
(d) James Wait.
3. What is Mary Hepburn wearing when she arrives at the Hotel El Dorado?
(a) A cheeta print dress.
(b) U.S. Marine Corps combat fatigues.
(c) A silk formal dress.
(d) Jeans and a tank top.
4. What is the language of the majority on Santa Rosalia?
5. Who is Leon Trout?
(a) A paranoid schizophrenic soldier.
(b) The Captain of the Bahia.
(c) The father of the Galapagos Islands.
(d) The narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What war did the narrator fight in?
2. Who has a stuffed Galapagos marine iguana on his desk?
3. In Chapter 26, where does the Captain devise his emergency plan for the Bahia?
4. Mary Hepburn whispers, "You are my enemy. Why would I want to carry such a terrible enemy inside of me?" What is she referring to?
5. Who's portrait is behind the bar at the Hotel El Dorado?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)