|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two: And the Thing Became, Chapter 7-Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many tombs are on the Galapagos Islands?
2. At what age did James Wait become a sire?
3. What film footage did Mary Hepburn show her students when she lectured on the Galapagos Islands at Ilium High School?
(a) The courtship dance of the finches.
(b) The courtship dance of the waved albatross.
(c) The courtship dance of the blue-footed boobies.
(d) The courtship dance of the red-footed boobies.
4. Who coined the term "biology?"
(a) Albert Einstein.
(b) Charles Darwin.
(c) Sigmund Freud.
(d) Gottfried Treveranus.
5. During the first 13 years on Santa Rosalia, who is the only fertile women?
(a) Jacqueline Onassis.
(b) Mary Hepburn.
(c) Akiko Hiroguchi.
(d) Selena MacIntosh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Leon Trout?
2. Who legally marries Mary Kaplan and Willard Flemming?
3. What is the name given to the moment when the beaks of the blue-footed boobies are pointed in the direction exactly opposite to the pull of gravity?
4. What bird is a teaser and a robber of the blue-footed boobies?
5. Who befriended Wait after he ran away from home and taught him how to be a successful homosexual prostitute?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)