|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 13-Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who befriended Wait after he ran away from home and taught him how to be a successful homosexual prostitute?
(a) A pimp.
(b) A waiter.
(c) A cop.
(d) A nurse.
2. How does the narrator die?
(a) He was ate by a shark.
(b) He died of old age.
(c) He was beheaded.
(d) A brain tumor.
3. What subject did Mary Hepburn teach at the public high school in Ilium, New York?
(d) Social Studies.
4. Who has claimed to have been exposed to radiation when the United States dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima, Japan?
(a) Willard Flemming.
(b) Hisako Hiroguchi.
(c) Selena MacIntosh.
(d) Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.
5. When is the Bahia scheduled to sail?
(a) April 1, 1986.
(b) November 28, 1986.
(c) July 4, 1986.
(d) January 1, 1986.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who coined the term "biology?"
2. According to the narrator, what made marriage so difficult?
3. Where was the Bahia built?
4. What animal does Roy fight to stay alive to see on the Galapagos Islands?
5. When Wait considered himself old enough to run away, he hitchhiked to __________.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)