|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 13-Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Ecuadorian currency that has become worth less than a banana peel?
2. Where did Wait meet, court, and marry his first wife?
(a) On a cruise.
(b) At the bar.
(c) At the dance studio.
(d) On the streets.
3. Who coined the term "biology?"
(a) Gottfried Treveranus.
(b) Sigmund Freud.
(c) Albert Einstein.
(d) Charles Darwin.
4. Who is considered to be wild and greedy and inconsiderate, but not insane?
(a) Andrew MacIntosh.
(b) Mary Hepburn.
(c) Hernando Cruz.
(d) James Wait.
5. How does the narrator die?
(a) He died of old age.
(b) He was beheaded.
(c) He was ate by a shark.
(d) A brain tumor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the Bahia built?
2. What is the name of the ship that Darwin took on a mapping expedition that would take him completely around the world and would last five years?
3. Who has claimed to have been exposed to radiation when the United States dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima, Japan?
4. What is James Wait's native city?
5. How many years does it take the Bahia to sink?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)