|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 13-Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the Bahia scheduled to sail?
(a) November 28, 1986.
(b) January 1, 1986.
(c) April 1, 1986.
(d) July 4, 1986.
2. How does Mary Hepburn die?
(a) She falls overboard the Bahia.
(b) A great white shark eats her.
(c) She commits suicide.
(d) She has a brain tumor.
3. Who is Kazakh?
(a) The hotel manager.
(b) Selena's father.
(c) Selena's seeing-eye dog.
(d) Roy Hepburn's mistress.
4. According to the narrator, what made marriage so difficult?
(a) The undersized heart.
(b) The lack of morals.
(c) The oversized brain.
(d) The lack of support.
5. How does the narrator die?
(a) He was beheaded.
(b) A brain tumor.
(c) He died of old age.
(d) He was ate by a shark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mary Hepburn whispers, "You are my enemy. Why would I want to carry such a terrible enemy inside of me?" What is she referring to?
2. Who wants to become a major property owner in Ecuador?
3. What did Mary Hepburn's husband, Roy, die from?
4. Who's portrait is behind the bar at the Hotel El Dorado?
5. What animal does Roy fight to stay alive to see on the Galapagos Islands?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)