|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 13-Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Ecuadorian currency that has become worth less than a banana peel?
2. What did Mary Hepburn's husband, Roy, die from?
(a) A broken heart.
(b) A brain tumor.
(c) A gunshot wound.
(d) Alcohol poisoning.
3. Who coined the term "biology?"
(a) Sigmund Freud.
(b) Gottfried Treveranus.
(c) Albert Einstein.
(d) Charles Darwin.
4. What was the narrator's father's occupation?
(a) A science-fiction writer.
(b) A pastry chef.
(c) A biology teacher.
(d) A scientist.
5. Who is considered the ancestor of every human being on the face of the earth and the Captain of the Bahia?
(a) Hisako Hiroguchi.
(b) Siegfried von Kleist.
(c) Leon Trout.
(d) Adolf von Kleist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the body of water named in honor of Charles Darwin?
2. Who is unmarried, never reproduced, and drowns by a tidal wave?
3. Mary Hepburn whispers, "You are my enemy. Why would I want to carry such a terrible enemy inside of me?" What is she referring to?
4. According to the narrator, what made marriage so difficult?
5. Who befriended Wait after he ran away from home and taught him how to be a successful homosexual prostitute?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)