|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 13-Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who coined the term "biology?"
(a) Sigmund Freud.
(b) Albert Einstein.
(c) Gottfried Treveranus.
(d) Charles Darwin.
2. Who is considered the ancestor of every human being on the face of the earth and the Captain of the Bahia?
(a) Hisako Hiroguchi.
(b) Leon Trout.
(c) Siegfried von Kleist.
(d) Adolf von Kleist.
3. Where did Wait meet, court, and marry his first wife?
(a) On a cruise.
(b) At the dance studio.
(c) At the bar.
(d) On the streets.
4. What is the name of the body of water named in honor of Charles Darwin?
(a) The Darwin River.
(b) The Darwin Bay.
(c) The Bay of Charles.
(d) The Darwin Stream.
5. Who is considered to be wild and greedy and inconsiderate, but not insane?
(a) James Wait.
(b) Mary Hepburn.
(c) Andrew MacIntosh.
(d) Hernando Cruz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is unmarried, never reproduced, and drowns by a tidal wave?
2. Who has claimed to have been exposed to radiation when the United States dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima, Japan?
3. According to the narrator, what made marriage so difficult?
4. When Wait considered himself old enough to run away, he hitchhiked to __________.
5. What year was Charles Darwin born?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)