|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 13-Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the Bahia built?
2. What is Mary Hepburn wearing when she arrives at the Hotel El Dorado?
(a) A silk formal dress.
(b) Jeans and a tank top.
(c) A cheeta print dress.
(d) U.S. Marine Corps combat fatigues.
3. Who coined the term "biology?"
(a) Sigmund Freud.
(b) Charles Darwin.
(c) Albert Einstein.
(d) Gottfried Treveranus.
4. According to the narrator, what made marriage so difficult?
(a) The lack of support.
(b) The undersized heart.
(c) The lack of morals.
(d) The oversized brain.
5. Who is considered the ancestor of every human being on the face of the earth and the Captain of the Bahia?
(a) Leon Trout.
(b) Adolf von Kleist.
(c) Siegfried von Kleist.
(d) Hisako Hiroguchi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject did James Wait study for two years at the vocation high school in his home town?
2. Who is unmarried, never reproduced, and drowns by a tidal wave?
3. What did Mary Hepburn's husband, Roy, die from?
4. What is the name of the body of water named in honor of Charles Darwin?
5. To whom does Andrew MacIntosh reveal his real reason for flying Selena, Kazakh, and the Hiroguchis from Merida to Guayaquil?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)