|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 13-Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what made marriage so difficult?
(a) The oversized brain.
(b) The lack of morals.
(c) The lack of support.
(d) The undersized heart.
2. Who coined the term "biology?"
(a) Sigmund Freud.
(b) Albert Einstein.
(c) Charles Darwin.
(d) Gottfried Treveranus.
3. Who is considered the ancestor of every human being on the face of the earth and the Captain of the Bahia?
(a) Siegfried von Kleist.
(b) Leon Trout.
(c) Adolf von Kleist.
(d) Hisako Hiroguchi.
4. What is the name of the Ecuadorian currency that has become worth less than a banana peel?
5. Who owns the Bahia?
(a) A pair of young German brothers.
(b) A pair of young German sisters.
(c) A pair of old German sisters.
(d) A pair of old German brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Wait meet, court, and marry his first wife?
2. How many years does it take the Bahia to sink?
3. What is the name of the body of water named in honor of Charles Darwin?
4. Mary Hepburn whispers, "You are my enemy. Why would I want to carry such a terrible enemy inside of me?" What is she referring to?
5. What did Mary Hepburn's husband, Roy, die from?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)