|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 13-Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mary Hepburn die?
(a) A great white shark eats her.
(b) She has a brain tumor.
(c) She commits suicide.
(d) She falls overboard the Bahia.
2. Who is considered to be wild and greedy and inconsiderate, but not insane?
(a) Mary Hepburn.
(b) Andrew MacIntosh.
(c) James Wait.
(d) Hernando Cruz.
3. Who owns the Bahia?
(a) A pair of young German brothers.
(b) A pair of young German sisters.
(c) A pair of old German brothers.
(d) A pair of old German sisters.
4. How does the narrator die?
(a) He was beheaded.
(b) A brain tumor.
(c) He was ate by a shark.
(d) He died of old age.
5. What is the name of the ship that Darwin took on a mapping expedition that would take him completely around the world and would last five years?
(a) The Beetle.
(b) The Bangle.
(c) The Beagle.
(d) The Bronco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is unmarried, never reproduced, and drowns by a tidal wave?
2. Who befriended Wait after he ran away from home and taught him how to be a successful homosexual prostitute?
3. Where was the Bahia built?
4. Where did Wait meet, court, and marry his first wife?
5. Who coined the term "biology?"
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)