|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 13-Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mary Hepburn whispers, "You are my enemy. Why would I want to carry such a terrible enemy inside of me?" What is she referring to?
(a) Her spirit.
(b) Her kidneys.
(c) Her brain.
(d) Her heart.
2. Who is considered to be wild and greedy and inconsiderate, but not insane?
(a) James Wait.
(b) Andrew MacIntosh.
(c) Mary Hepburn.
(d) Hernando Cruz.
3. What is the name of the ship that Darwin took on a mapping expedition that would take him completely around the world and would last five years?
(a) The Beagle.
(b) The Beetle.
(c) The Bronco.
(d) The Bangle.
4. When his beauty began to fade, Wait became an instructor in __________ dancing.
5. Who owns the Bahia?
(a) A pair of young German brothers.
(b) A pair of old German sisters.
(c) A pair of young German sisters.
(d) A pair of old German brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who coined the term "biology?"
2. Where was the Bahia built?
3. What animal does Roy fight to stay alive to see on the Galapagos Islands?
4. Where did Wait meet, court, and marry his first wife?
5. Who is Kazakh?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)