|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 13-Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the narrator's father's occupation?
(a) A scientist.
(b) A pastry chef.
(c) A science-fiction writer.
(d) A biology teacher.
2. What subject did Mary Hepburn teach at the public high school in Ilium, New York?
(c) Social Studies.
3. Who coined the term "biology?"
(a) Gottfried Treveranus.
(b) Sigmund Freud.
(c) Albert Einstein.
(d) Charles Darwin.
4. Who's portrait is behind the bar at the Hotel El Dorado?
(b) Charles Darwin.
5. When Wait considered himself old enough to run away, he hitchhiked to __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the Bahia scheduled to sail?
2. According to the narrator, what made marriage so difficult?
3. What did Mary Hepburn's husband, Roy, die from?
4. Where did Wait meet, court, and marry his first wife?
5. How many years does it take the Bahia to sink?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)