|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 13-Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is considered the ancestor of every human being on the face of the earth and the Captain of the Bahia?
(a) Leon Trout.
(b) Adolf von Kleist.
(c) Siegfried von Kleist.
(d) Hisako Hiroguchi.
2. What subject did James Wait study for two years at the vocation high school in his home town?
(b) Aircraft repair and maintenance.
(c) Automobile repair and maintenance.
(d) Restaurant Management.
3. Who owns the Bahia?
(a) A pair of young German sisters.
(b) A pair of old German brothers.
(c) A pair of old German sisters.
(d) A pair of young German brothers.
4. What did Mary Hepburn's husband, Roy, die from?
(a) A broken heart.
(b) A gunshot wound.
(c) Alcohol poisoning.
(d) A brain tumor.
5. What is the name of the Ecuadorian currency that has become worth less than a banana peel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is James Wait's native city?
2. When Wait considered himself old enough to run away, he hitchhiked to __________.
3. Who wants to become a major property owner in Ecuador?
4. In what year was the last human marriage in the Galapagos Islands performed?
5. Who coined the term "biology?"
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)