|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 13-Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is considered to be wild and greedy and inconsiderate, but not insane?
(a) Hernando Cruz.
(b) Andrew MacIntosh.
(c) James Wait.
(d) Mary Hepburn.
2. What did Mary Hepburn's husband, Roy, die from?
(a) A brain tumor.
(b) A gunshot wound.
(c) Alcohol poisoning.
(d) A broken heart.
3. What is the name of the body of water named in honor of Charles Darwin?
(a) The Darwin River.
(b) The Darwin Bay.
(c) The Bay of Charles.
(d) The Darwin Stream.
4. Who is Kazakh?
(a) Selena's father.
(b) Selena's seeing-eye dog.
(c) Roy Hepburn's mistress.
(d) The hotel manager.
5. Who befriended Wait after he ran away from home and taught him how to be a successful homosexual prostitute?
(a) A pimp.
(b) A waiter.
(c) A cop.
(d) A nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary Hepburn wearing when she arrives at the Hotel El Dorado?
2. According to the narrator, what made marriage so difficult?
3. What subject did James Wait study for two years at the vocation high school in his home town?
4. What is the name of the Ecuadorian currency that has become worth less than a banana peel?
5. To whom does Andrew MacIntosh reveal his real reason for flying Selena, Kazakh, and the Hiroguchis from Merida to Guayaquil?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)