|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 13-Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary Hepburn wearing when she arrives at the Hotel El Dorado?
(a) U.S. Marine Corps combat fatigues.
(b) A cheeta print dress.
(c) Jeans and a tank top.
(d) A silk formal dress.
2. How does the narrator die?
(a) A brain tumor.
(b) He died of old age.
(c) He was beheaded.
(d) He was ate by a shark.
3. Where was the Bahia built?
4. What was the narrator's father's occupation?
(a) A science-fiction writer.
(b) A pastry chef.
(c) A scientist.
(d) A biology teacher.
5. According to the narrator, what made marriage so difficult?
(a) The lack of support.
(b) The undersized heart.
(c) The lack of morals.
(d) The oversized brain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mary Hepburn's husband, Roy, die from?
2. What subject did Mary Hepburn teach at the public high school in Ilium, New York?
3. Who is considered to be wild and greedy and inconsiderate, but not insane?
4. How many foster homes had Wait lived in growing up?
5. Where did Wait meet, court, and marry his first wife?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)