|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 13-Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What company is automating the Bahia and also employs Zenji Hiroguchi?
2. Where was the Bahia built?
3. Who is unmarried, never reproduced, and drowns by a tidal wave?
(a) Adolf von Kleist.
(b) Andrew MacIntosh.
(c) Siegfried von Kleist.
(d) Eduardo Ximénez.
4. What did Mary Hepburn's husband, Roy, die from?
(a) A broken heart.
(b) A brain tumor.
(c) Alcohol poisoning.
(d) A gunshot wound.
5. Who coined the term "biology?"
(a) Charles Darwin.
(b) Sigmund Freud.
(c) Gottfried Treveranus.
(d) Albert Einstein.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mary Hepburn whispers, "You are my enemy. Why would I want to carry such a terrible enemy inside of me?" What is she referring to?
2. When Wait considered himself old enough to run away, he hitchhiked to __________.
3. What year was Charles Darwin born?
4. Who's portrait is behind the bar at the Hotel El Dorado?
5. What is the name of the body of water named in honor of Charles Darwin?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)