|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 13-Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is unmarried, never reproduced, and drowns by a tidal wave?
(a) Eduardo Ximénez.
(b) Andrew MacIntosh.
(c) Siegfried von Kleist.
(d) Adolf von Kleist.
2. Where do Panama hats come from?
3. Who coined the term "biology?"
(a) Albert Einstein.
(b) Gottfried Treveranus.
(c) Charles Darwin.
(d) Sigmund Freud.
4. Where did Wait meet, court, and marry his first wife?
(a) On a cruise.
(b) On the streets.
(c) At the bar.
(d) At the dance studio.
5. Who wants to become a major property owner in Ecuador?
(a) Domingo Quezeda.
(b) Andrew MackIntosh.
(c) James Wait.
(d) Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years does it take the Bahia to sink?
2. Where was the Bahia built?
3. When his beauty began to fade, Wait became an instructor in __________ dancing.
4. What is Mary Hepburn wearing when she arrives at the Hotel El Dorado?
5. What is the name of the ship that Darwin took on a mapping expedition that would take him completely around the world and would last five years?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)