|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 29-Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject is Adolf von Kleist interest in?
(d) Global warming.
2. Where was the Bahia built?
3. What is the language of the majority on Santa Rosalia?
4. Mary Hepburn whispers, "You are my enemy. Why would I want to carry such a terrible enemy inside of me?" What is she referring to?
(a) Her brain.
(b) Her kidneys.
(c) Her spirit.
(d) Her heart.
5. How does Mary Hepburn introduce herself to James Wait?
(a) As a college professor and a widow.
(b) As an ex-teacher and a widow.
(c) As a principal and a divorcee.
(d) As a marine biologist and a divorcee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is considered the ancestor of every human being on the face of the earth and the Captain of the Bahia?
2. Who is Kazakh?
3. Who wants to become a major property owner in Ecuador?
4. What bloodsucking animal, found on the Island of Santa Rosalia, survive by pecking at the long neck of an unheeding booby until it has raised little beads of blood?
5. To whom does Andrew MacIntosh reveal his real reason for flying Selena, Kazakh, and the Hiroguchis from Merida to Guayaquil?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)