|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 29-Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bloodsucking animal, found on the Island of Santa Rosalia, survive by pecking at the long neck of an unheeding booby until it has raised little beads of blood?
(a) Pink Flamingos.
(b) Geospiza difficilis.
(c) Red-footed boobies.
2. Who is considered the ancestor of every human being on the face of the earth and the Captain of the Bahia?
(a) Hisako Hiroguchi.
(b) Leon Trout.
(c) Adolf von Kleist.
(d) Siegfried von Kleist.
3. What war did the narrator fight in?
(a) Civil War.
(b) World War II.
(c) Cold War.
(d) Vietnam War.
4. How does Mary Hepburn introduce herself to James Wait?
(a) As a principal and a divorcee.
(b) As a college professor and a widow.
(c) As a marine biologist and a divorcee.
(d) As an ex-teacher and a widow.
5. What magazine does Andrew MacIntosh read from cover to cover every month?
(a) National Geographic.
(b) Times Magazine.
(c) Forbes Magazine.
(d) Reader's Digest.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many tombs are on the Galapagos Islands?
2. Who's head does the narrator get into while he rides in a taxicab from Guayaquil International Airport to the Bahia?
3. Who is Kazakh?
4. Who is unmarried, never reproduced, and drowns by a tidal wave?
5. What subject is Adolf von Kleist interest in?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)