|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 29-Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mary Hepburn introduce herself to James Wait?
(a) As a marine biologist and a divorcee.
(b) As a college professor and a widow.
(c) As a principal and a divorcee.
(d) As an ex-teacher and a widow.
2. What is the language of the majority on Santa Rosalia?
3. What bloodsucking animal, found on the Island of Santa Rosalia, survive by pecking at the long neck of an unheeding booby until it has raised little beads of blood?
(a) Pink Flamingos.
(b) Red-footed boobies.
(c) Geospiza difficilis.
4. What is Mary Hepburn wearing when she arrives at the Hotel El Dorado?
(a) U.S. Marine Corps combat fatigues.
(b) Jeans and a tank top.
(c) A silk formal dress.
(d) A cheeta print dress.
5. What subject is Adolf von Kleist interest in?
(a) Global warming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Adolf's parents?
2. Who wants to become a major property owner in Ecuador?
3. What war did the narrator fight in?
4. Who is considered the ancestor of every human being on the face of the earth and the Captain of the Bahia?
5. Who tells Mary Hepburn the Bahia has landed on the Island of Santa Rosalia?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)