|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 29-Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is considered the ancestor of every human being on the face of the earth and the Captain of the Bahia?
(a) Adolf von Kleist.
(b) Leon Trout.
(c) Siegfried von Kleist.
(d) Hisako Hiroguchi.
2. What happened to Adolf's parents?
(a) They moved to the Galapagos Islands.
(b) They were killed by a meteorite.
(c) They were murdered.
(d) They got lost at sea.
3. Who wants to become a major property owner in Ecuador?
(a) James Wait.
(b) Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.
(c) Domingo Quezeda.
(d) Andrew MackIntosh.
4. Who was a former citizen of the Soviet Union and has been granted political asylum in Great Britain?
(a) Andrew MacIntosh.
(b) Bobby King.
(c) Kilgore Trout.
(d) Rudolf Nureyev.
5. Mary Hepburn whispers, "You are my enemy. Why would I want to carry such a terrible enemy inside of me?" What is she referring to?
(a) Her brain.
(b) Her heart.
(c) Her spirit.
(d) Her kidneys.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years does it take the Bahia to sink?
2. Where was the Bahia built?
3. What bloodsucking animal, found on the Island of Santa Rosalia, survive by pecking at the long neck of an unheeding booby until it has raised little beads of blood?
4. What war did the narrator fight in?
5. To whom does Andrew MacIntosh reveal his real reason for flying Selena, Kazakh, and the Hiroguchis from Merida to Guayaquil?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)