|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 29-Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who's head does the narrator get into while he rides in a taxicab from Guayaquil International Airport to the Bahia?
(a) Adolf von Kleist.
(b) Charles Darwin.
(c) Seigfried von Kleist.
(d) James Wait.
2. Who is unmarried, never reproduced, and drowns by a tidal wave?
(a) Eduardo Ximénez.
(b) Adolf von Kleist.
(c) Siegfried von Kleist.
(d) Andrew MacIntosh.
3. How many species of finch are on the Island of Santa Rosalia?
4. Who's maiden name is Boone?
(a) Selena MacIntosh.
(b) Mary Hepburn.
(c) Hisako Hiroguchi.
(d) Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.
5. What does Mary use to try and suffocate herself in Chapter 29?
(a) Her Jackie dress.
(b) Panti hose.
(c) Duct tape.
(d) Saran wrap.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many tombs are on the Galapagos Islands?
2. What bloodsucking animal, found on the Island of Santa Rosalia, survive by pecking at the long neck of an unheeding booby until it has raised little beads of blood?
3. What is the language of the majority on Santa Rosalia?
4. Mary Hepburn whispers, "You are my enemy. Why would I want to carry such a terrible enemy inside of me?" What is she referring to?
5. How many years does it take the Bahia to sink?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)