|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 29-Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants to become a major property owner in Ecuador?
(a) James Wait.
(b) Andrew MackIntosh.
(c) Domingo Quezeda.
(d) Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.
2. What subject did Mary Hepburn teach at the public high school in Ilium, New York?
(b) Social Studies.
3. What bloodsucking animal, found on the Island of Santa Rosalia, survive by pecking at the long neck of an unheeding booby until it has raised little beads of blood?
(a) Geospiza difficilis.
(b) Red-footed boobies.
(c) Pink Flamingos.
4. How many years does it take the Bahia to sink?
5. How does Mary Hepburn introduce herself to James Wait?
(a) As an ex-teacher and a widow.
(b) As a college professor and a widow.
(c) As a marine biologist and a divorcee.
(d) As a principal and a divorcee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the Bahia built?
2. What does Princess Charlotte design after the death of her husband, Prince Richard?
3. Who's head does the narrator get into while he rides in a taxicab from Guayaquil International Airport to the Bahia?
4. Who is Kazakh?
5. Who was a former citizen of the Soviet Union and has been granted political asylum in Great Britain?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)