|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 29-Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who's head does the narrator get into while he rides in a taxicab from Guayaquil International Airport to the Bahia?
(a) Adolf von Kleist.
(b) James Wait.
(c) Seigfried von Kleist.
(d) Charles Darwin.
2. What does Princess Charlotte design after the death of her husband, Prince Richard?
(a) Wedding gowns.
(b) Baby clothes.
(c) Bathing suits.
3. Who is considered the ancestor of every human being on the face of the earth and the Captain of the Bahia?
(a) Hisako Hiroguchi.
(b) Adolf von Kleist.
(c) Leon Trout.
(d) Siegfried von Kleist.
4. What magazine does Andrew MacIntosh read from cover to cover every month?
(a) Times Magazine.
(b) National Geographic.
(c) Reader's Digest.
(d) Forbes Magazine.
5. What bloodsucking animal, found on the Island of Santa Rosalia, survive by pecking at the long neck of an unheeding booby until it has raised little beads of blood?
(a) Geospiza difficilis.
(b) Red-footed boobies.
(c) Pink Flamingos.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years does it take the Bahia to sink?
2. What subject is Adolf von Kleist interest in?
3. Who has a stuffed Galapagos marine iguana on his desk?
4. What war did the narrator fight in?
5. Who was a former citizen of the Soviet Union and has been granted political asylum in Great Britain?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)