|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 29-Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What magazine does Andrew MacIntosh read from cover to cover every month?
(a) Times Magazine.
(b) Forbes Magazine.
(c) National Geographic.
(d) Reader's Digest.
2. What bloodsucking animal, found on the Island of Santa Rosalia, survive by pecking at the long neck of an unheeding booby until it has raised little beads of blood?
(b) Geospiza difficilis.
(c) Pink Flamingos.
(d) Red-footed boobies.
3. Who is considered to be wild and greedy and inconsiderate, but not insane?
(a) James Wait.
(b) Mary Hepburn.
(c) Andrew MacIntosh.
(d) Hernando Cruz.
4. What does Princess Charlotte design after the death of her husband, Prince Richard?
(a) Wedding gowns.
(b) Bathing suits.
(c) Baby clothes.
5. What is the language of the majority on Santa Rosalia?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is considered the ancestor of every human being on the face of the earth and the Captain of the Bahia?
2. What subject is Adolf von Kleist interest in?
3. What does Mary use to try and suffocate herself in Chapter 29?
4. How many tombs are on the Galapagos Islands?
5. Mary Hepburn whispers, "You are my enemy. Why would I want to carry such a terrible enemy inside of me?" What is she referring to?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)