|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 29-Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mary Hepburn whispers, "You are my enemy. Why would I want to carry such a terrible enemy inside of me?" What is she referring to?
(a) Her brain.
(b) Her kidneys.
(c) Her heart.
(d) Her spirit.
2. What war did the narrator fight in?
(a) Vietnam War.
(b) Cold War.
(c) Civil War.
(d) World War II.
3. How does Mary Hepburn introduce herself to James Wait?
(a) As a marine biologist and a divorcee.
(b) As a principal and a divorcee.
(c) As an ex-teacher and a widow.
(d) As a college professor and a widow.
4. What bloodsucking animal, found on the Island of Santa Rosalia, survive by pecking at the long neck of an unheeding booby until it has raised little beads of blood?
(a) Geospiza difficilis.
(b) Pink Flamingos.
(c) Red-footed boobies.
5. Who's head does the narrator get into while he rides in a taxicab from Guayaquil International Airport to the Bahia?
(a) Adolf von Kleist.
(b) Charles Darwin.
(c) Seigfried von Kleist.
(d) James Wait.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary Hepburn wearing when she arrives at the Hotel El Dorado?
2. What subject did Mary Hepburn teach at the public high school in Ilium, New York?
3. What is the language of the majority on Santa Rosalia?
4. What subject is Adolf von Kleist interest in?
5. What does Princess Charlotte design after the death of her husband, Prince Richard?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)