|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 29-Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the Bahia built?
2. Who has a stuffed Galapagos marine iguana on his desk?
(a) Andrew MacIntosh.
(b) Bobby King.
(c) Siegfried von Kleist.
(d) Adolf von Kleist.
3. How does Mary Hepburn introduce herself to James Wait?
(a) As a college professor and a widow.
(b) As an ex-teacher and a widow.
(c) As a principal and a divorcee.
(d) As a marine biologist and a divorcee.
4. What bloodsucking animal, found on the Island of Santa Rosalia, survive by pecking at the long neck of an unheeding booby until it has raised little beads of blood?
(a) Geospiza difficilis.
(b) Red-footed boobies.
(d) Pink Flamingos.
5. Who's head does the narrator get into while he rides in a taxicab from Guayaquil International Airport to the Bahia?
(a) Charles Darwin.
(b) Adolf von Kleist.
(c) Seigfried von Kleist.
(d) James Wait.
Short Answer Questions
1. What war did the narrator fight in?
2. Mary Hepburn whispers, "You are my enemy. Why would I want to carry such a terrible enemy inside of me?" What is she referring to?
3. Who was a former citizen of the Soviet Union and has been granted political asylum in Great Britain?
4. How many tombs are on the Galapagos Islands?
5. What does Princess Charlotte design after the death of her husband, Prince Richard?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)