|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 29-Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is unmarried, never reproduced, and drowns by a tidal wave?
(a) Andrew MacIntosh.
(b) Eduardo Ximénez.
(c) Adolf von Kleist.
(d) Siegfried von Kleist.
2. Who's maiden name is Boone?
(a) Selena MacIntosh.
(b) Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.
(c) Hisako Hiroguchi.
(d) Mary Hepburn.
3. To whom does Andrew MacIntosh reveal his real reason for flying Selena, Kazakh, and the Hiroguchis from Merida to Guayaquil?
(c) James Wait.
4. What does Mary use to try and suffocate herself in Chapter 29?
(a) Panti hose.
(b) Saran wrap.
(c) Her Jackie dress.
(d) Duct tape.
5. How many species of finch are on the Island of Santa Rosalia?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mary Hepburn introduce herself to James Wait?
2. What bloodsucking animal, found on the Island of Santa Rosalia, survive by pecking at the long neck of an unheeding booby until it has raised little beads of blood?
3. Who is considered to be wild and greedy and inconsiderate, but not insane?
4. What subject did Mary Hepburn teach at the public high school in Ilium, New York?
5. What animal is Mary Hepburn hallucinating to be while suffocating herself?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)