Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: The Thing Was, Chapter 29-Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bloodsucking animal, found on the Island of Santa Rosalia, survive by pecking at the long neck of an unheeding booby until it has raised little beads of blood?
(a) Red-footed boobies.
(b) Geospiza difficilis.
(c) Pink Flamingos.
2. Who is considered the ancestor of every human being on the face of the earth and the Captain of the Bahia?
(a) Adolf von Kleist.
(b) Siegfried von Kleist.
(c) Leon Trout.
(d) Hisako Hiroguchi.
3. What is Mary Hepburn wearing when she arrives at the Hotel El Dorado?
(a) A cheeta print dress.
(b) U.S. Marine Corps combat fatigues.
(c) A silk formal dress.
(d) Jeans and a tank top.
4. Mary Hepburn whispers, "You are my enemy. Why would I want to carry such a terrible enemy inside of me?" What is she referring to?
(a) Her heart.
(b) Her spirit.
(c) Her brain.
(d) Her kidneys.
5. Who owns the Bahia?
(a) A pair of young German sisters.
(b) A pair of old German sisters.
(c) A pair of old German brothers.
(d) A pair of young German brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has a stuffed Galapagos marine iguana on his desk?
2. Who tells Mary Hepburn the Bahia has landed on the Island of Santa Rosalia?
3. Who is considered to be wild and greedy and inconsiderate, but not insane?
4. What is the language of the majority on Santa Rosalia?
5. What does Mary use to try and suffocate herself in Chapter 29?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)