|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Maria Celeste die?
2. Galileo suffered from many ailments involving his eyes. Which of the following was not one of those ailments?
3. What word is used to describe Galileo's trial?
4. What word is used to describe a long and arduous process?
5. Although the Dialogue was never legally banned, its printing was ______.
Essay Topic 1
At a young age, Galileo showed amazing aptitude for math. What about math interested Galileo? What prompted Galileo to switch from math to astronomy? Was it a wise move? What were the opinions of those around Galileo regarding the change? What do you think might have happened if Galileo would have pursued a care in mathematics? How did the knowledge benefit Galileo in other ways?
Essay Topic 2
Galileo suffered from several afflictions as he got older. Many of those afflictions were treated by Maria Celeste. Explain Galileo's afflictions. Which was the worst? Was any one of the afflictions fatal or terminal? Explain. How was Maria Celeste able to help her father? Did the remedies help? Where did Galileo spend his last days? What eventually killed Galileo?
Essay Topic 3
There is a great deal written about Copernicus in the book. Who was Copernicus? Why was Galileo fascinated by him? What discoveries did Copernicus make? How do Galileo and Copernicus compare in regards to their scientific works? Write a 750 word biography on Copernicus.
This section contains 1,168 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)