Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maria Celeste sent regular letters to her father, often enclosing prayers on which topic?
2. Aristotle believed that mathematicians focused on what type of questions?
3. Maria Celeste worried that the stress of the trial would interfere with Galileo's ____.
(a) Mental state.
4. In what year did Maria Celeste die?
5. What was Galileo's official position with the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
(d) Chief Mathematician.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the high ranking member of the church that took "custody" of Galileo after the trial?
2. What was the main topic of this book?
3. Who would act as judge(s) at Galileo's trial?
4. Galileo suffered from many ailments involving his eyes. Which of the following was not one of those ailments?
5. The purpose of leaving Galileo was to pursue opportunities in which profession?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)