|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which century was the monastery built?
2. In what year did Maria Celeste die?
3. The nuns at the convent rejoiced with the news of Galileo's impending return. Which of the nuns ran to Maria Celeste crying with joy?
(a) Lead Suor.
(c) Mother Superior.
4. What word is used to describe a long and arduous process?
5. By this time Mrs. Niccolini had earned the title of __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Compared to Rome, the atmosphere in Venice was refereed to as being _____.
2. The purpose of leaving Galileo was to pursue opportunities in which profession?
3. In what year was the ban effectively lifted from the work?
4. Galileo managed to maintain friendships with powerful people, including which of the following?
5. In what month did Maria Celeste die?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)