|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the main topic of this book?
(c) Gravitational pull.
2. What word is best used to describe a delay or block in an experiment?
3. Where did this person go?
4. It is erroneously reported that Galileo was tried in which year?
5. What was the first name of Mrs. Niccolini?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word is used to describe Galileo's trial?
2. Where was this person's final destination?
3. Which item is not mentioned in the observations on gravity?
4. Galileo suffered from many ailments involving his eyes. Which of the following was not one of those ailments?
5. What is the name of the Pope's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. While the Catholics had their opinions on why Galileo was tried, the anti-Catholics also had an opinion. What was the opinion of the anti-Catholics?
2. What was the reason Pope Urban finally permitted Galileo to return to Arcetri?
3. What was the focus of Galileo's work in his last eight years? What problem continued to hang over Galileo's head, most certainly affecting his work and his health?
4. What was the outcome of the efforts made by Galileo and others?
5. The illness prevented Maria Celeste from doing two very important things. What were they? What was the result?
6. In Part Four, Galileo had to return to Rome to be tried for his crimes against the Church. Explain who was on Galileo's side to support him.
7. What was the plea sent from Niccolini to the Poe on behalf of Galileo?
8. The sisters at San Matteo continued to pray for Galileo. What was the reaction at the convent when it was learned Galileo would soon be back in Arcetri?
9. Instead of informing Maria Celeste of all the happenings in Rome, Galileo spent his time doing other things. List at least one of the other things that occupied Galileo's time.
10. Once again the weather wreaked havoc on Galileo and Maria Celeste. Explain how each was affected by the autumn rains.
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)