|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word is used to indicate a joyous celebration?
2. Maria Celeste worried that the stress of the trial would interfere with Galileo's ____.
(a) Mental state.
3. Aristotle believed that mathematicians focused on what type of questions?
4. What word is used to describe a long and arduous process?
5. Galileo revisited the possibility of publishing which book despite Pope Urban's objection?
(a) Sun and the Moon.
(b) Mathematics as a Science.
(c) Discourse on Motion and Gravity.
(d) Two New Sciences.
Short Answer Questions
1. At this time Galileo was living in which town or city?
2. Geri Bocchineri commented that the death of Maria Celeste was a true case of what?
3. Maria Celeste hoped fervently that the Pope and others would dismiss the trial once they realized the extent of Galileo's _____.
4. How was Cardinal Barberini related to Pope Urban?
5. Compared to Rome, the atmosphere in Venice was refereed to as being _____.
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)