|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the doctor that cared for Maria Celeste?
2. What was the occupation of Fra Micanzio?
(a) Grand Duke.
3. Galileo communicated the news of Maria Celeste's death to his friend Elia Diodati, who lived in which major European city?
4. What emotion did Galileo experience because of the departure?
5. What was the main topic of this book?
(c) Gravitational pull.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness would eventually cause Maria Celeste's death?
2. What word is used to reference a report issued by the office to important officials?
3. What word is used to indicate a joyous celebration?
4. What word is used to describe the topic of the new book?
5. What word is used by Niccolini that means the same thing as "interfered?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the reaction of the people upon Galileo's return to Arcetri.
2. In Part Four, Galileo had to return to Rome to be tried for his crimes against the Church. Explain who was on Galileo's side to support him.
3. What was the reason Pope Urban finally permitted Galileo to return to Arcetri?
4. In what year was the ban against the Dialogue officially lifted?
5. Describe at least one of the things Galileo did to pass the time while staying in Siena.
6. The sisters at San Matteo continued to pray for Galileo. What was the reaction at the convent when it was learned Galileo would soon be back in Arcetri?
7. Name one of the biggest and harshest stipulations set upon Galileo's return to Arcetri.
8. Discuss the illness contracted by Maria Celeste in March 1634. How was the illness contracted?
9. What was one of the main concerns of Galileo and Maria Celeste while Galileo was in Rome?
10. After the trial, Galileo was released into the custody of a high ranking church official. Who was the official and where did Galileo go with that official?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)