|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Pope approved of Galileo's conviction?
2. What was the main topic of this book?
(a) Gravitational pull.
3. Where did Galileo stay to recuperate after the trial?
4. What word is used to reference a report issued by the office to important officials?
5. Maria Celeste was plagued with which malady?
Short Answer Questions
1. At this time Galileo was living in which town or city?
2. At this time, Galileo's health was poor. It was recommended that while in Rome, Galileo should stay ___________.
3. How many cardinals would preside over Galileo's trial?
4. What word is used to describe the topic of the new book?
5. What was Galileo's official position with the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was not present at the interview? Why?
2. Describe at least one of the requirements Galileo had to fulfill in order to return to Arcetri.
3. What is one of the major errors regarding the story of Galileo's trial? What do you think may have caused the mistake?
4. In what year was the ban against the Dialogue officially lifted?
5. Instead of informing Maria Celeste of all the happenings in Rome, Galileo spent his time doing other things. List at least one of the other things that occupied Galileo's time.
6. Galileo began to work on a book involving the theories of motion. Discuss the concept for the book and its relationship to Aristotle's earlier teachings.
7. Detail at least one of Galileo's bouts with depression. How did Maria Celeste try to combat the depression?
8. What was the plea sent from Niccolini to the Poe on behalf of Galileo?
9. The illness prevented Maria Celeste from doing two very important things. What were they? What was the result?
10. What was one of the main concerns of Galileo and Maria Celeste while Galileo was in Rome?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)