|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Compared to Rome, the atmosphere in Venice was refereed to as being _____.
2. What word is used by Niccolini that means the same thing as "interfered?"
3. Galileo communicated the news of Maria Celeste's death to his friend Elia Diodati, who lived in which major European city?
4. Maria Celeste was plagued with which malady?
5. Which Pope approved the Edict of 1616?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the woman's son?
2. What word is used to describe Galileo's trial?
3. In what month did Niccolini petition the Pope once more?
4. What continued to plague Galileo up until the time he died?
5. In what country was the book finally published?
This section contains 148 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)