|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did this person go?
2. What was the occupation of Galileo's Venetian friend?
3. What is the standard title given to nuns at the convent?
4. What was the name of the doctor that cared for Maria Celeste?
5. What was the first name of Galileo's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was this person's final destination?
2. The book would show observations and theories that went directly against the teachings of which famous man?
3. Which of the following was a major contributor to Galileo's death?
4. What was the main topic of this book?
5. In the autumn of 1633, Galileo began to experience the onset of which mental state?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Maria Celeste's death take its toll on Galileo?
2. What steps might have been taken by Pope Urban on behalf of Galileo? Why do you think Pope Urban chose not to take that step?
3. Galileo began to work on a book involving the theories of motion. Discuss the concept for the book and its relationship to Aristotle's earlier teachings.
4. Describe the reaction of the people upon Galileo's return to Arcetri.
5. What was the outcome of the efforts made by Galileo and others?
6. Detail at least one of Galileo's bouts with depression. How did Maria Celeste try to combat the depression?
7. Once again the weather wreaked havoc on Galileo and Maria Celeste. Explain how each was affected by the autumn rains.
8. Name one of the biggest and harshest stipulations set upon Galileo's return to Arcetri.
9. What is one of the major errors regarding the story of Galileo's trial? What do you think may have caused the mistake?
10. Who was not present at the interview? Why?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)