Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Galileo stay in Rome?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 5 weeks.
2. Who would have the final say on the approval of the book?
3. Which of the following was the main carrier of disease at this time?
4. In 1627, Italy was on the brink of which upcoming skirmish?
(a) War of the Roses.
(b) Italian Cival War.
(c) Revolutionary War.
(d) Thirty Years War.
5. What is another name for a nun's living quarters?
(a) State room.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Galileo first told to desist on his astronomical work?
2. Who assisted Galileo and Maria Celeste in one particular project?
3. What is it called when one builds a model of a new product?
4. What was the name of Galileo's brother?
5. The pope was fond of another of Galileo's works, title:
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Galileo's first trip to Rome to meet with Urban. Also discuss Galileo's friendship with Prince Cesi.
2. Discuss the eruption of the Thirty Years War, how it affected Rome, and who was involved.
3. Describe at least one of the things Galileo did to pass the time while staying in Siena.
4. What is one of the major errors regarding the story of Galileo's trial? What do you think may have caused the mistake?
5. Which scientist most influenced the work of Galileo? What was Galileo's intention with his experiments?
6. While Maria Celeste seemed to tell Galileo everything, she overlooked one important piece of news. What was the news?
7. When did Virginia take her vows? Where did she get the name Maria Celeste?
8. Once again the weather wreaked havoc on Galileo and Maria Celeste. Explain how each was affected by the autumn rains.
9. What was the plea sent from Niccolini to the Poe on behalf of Galileo?
10. What was one of the main concerns of Galileo and Maria Celeste while Galileo was in Rome?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)