|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word is best used to describe a delay or block in an experiment?
2. To whom was the book dedicated?
(a) French ambassador.
(b) Pope Urban.
(c) Maria Celeste.
(d) Ambassador Niiccolini.
3. How many bystanders were at the meeting of Galileo and the Office of the Inquisition?
4. Galileo would be allowed to go home if he agreed to do what to the Dialogue?
(c) Include the church.
5. Compared to Rome, the atmosphere in Venice was refereed to as being _____.
6. Geri Bocchineri commented that the death of Maria Celeste was a true case of what?
(b) Being freed.
7. What is the name of the monastery that could have been used to contain Galileo after he left SIena?
(a) San Matteo.
(c) Sacred Heart.
8. Galileo was ordered to cease which of the following?
(b) Social contact.
(d) Visiting Maria Celeste.
9. How many years did Galileo live after the death of Maria Celeste?
10. What word is used to describe a long and arduous process?
11. The purpose of leaving Galileo was to pursue opportunities in which profession?
12. What continued to plague Galileo up until the time he died?
(a) Crohn's disease.
(b) Loss of Arcangela.
(c) Lack of recognition.
13. How many cardinals would preside over Galileo's trial?
14. Galileo's trial and exile left him feeling like which of the following?
15. Although the Dialogue was never legally banned, its printing was ______.
(a) Constantly modified.
(c) Painstakingly slow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Galileo communicated the news of Maria Celeste's death to his friend Elia Diodati, who lived in which major European city?
2. Galileo was sent back to Arcetri because his living situation was too pleasant in which city?
3. What word is used to describe Galileo's trial?
4. While being forced to stay in Rome Galileo gave power of attorney to which of the following?
5. Galileo suffered from many ailments involving his eyes. Which of the following was not one of those ailments?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)