|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Pope approved of Galileo's conviction?
2. What continued to plague Galileo up until the time he died?
(b) Lack of recognition.
(c) Crohn's disease.
(d) Loss of Arcangela.
3. Galileo began a new book, the idea for which had been ruminating for nearly ____ years.
4. What was the occupation of Fra Micanzio?
(a) Grand Duke.
5. Who left Galileo's presence at this time, much to Galileo's objection?
6. What word is used to describe a long and arduous process?
7. What weather phenomenon plagued Arcetri in 1633?
8. Where did this person go?
9. What was the main topic of this book?
(d) Gravitational pull.
10. Galileo would be allowed to go home if he agreed to do what to the Dialogue?
(b) Include the church.
11. In this year, Maria Celeste was once again considered for which high level position at San Matteo?
(b) Mother Abbess.
(d) Mother Superior.
12. Which of the following was not one of Galileo's avid supporters?
(a) Francesco Niccolini.
(b) Pope Gregory.
(c) Cardinal Barberini.
(d) Fernando Medici.
13. In which century was the monastery built?
14. Galileo's trial and exile left him feeling like which of the following?
15. Where did Galileo stay to recuperate after the trial?
Short Answer Questions
1. Galileo managed to maintain friendships with powerful people, including which of the following?
2. What was the name of the high ranking member of the church that took "custody" of Galileo after the trial?
3. At this time Galileo was living in which town or city?
4. While being forced to stay in Rome Galileo gave power of attorney to which of the following?
5. Which of the following was not one of the reasons given to the Pope by Niccolini?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)