|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the doctor that cared for Maria Celeste?
2. In what country was the book finally published?
3. in what months did the height of the problem hit?
(a) September and October.
(b) October and November.
(c) November and December.
(d) April and June.
4. Geri Bocchineri commented that the death of Maria Celeste was a true case of what?
(a) Being freed.
5. Who left Galileo's presence at this time, much to Galileo's objection?
6. At this time, Galileo's health was poor. It was recommended that while in Rome, Galileo should stay ___________.
(a) In bed.
(c) In a hospital.
(d) In seclusion.
7. The book would show observations and theories that went directly against the teachings of which famous man?
8. Galileo was sent back to Arcetri because his living situation was too pleasant in which city?
9. What was the main topic of this book?
(c) Gravitational pull.
10. Galileo was plagued with which affliction?
11. What was the first name of Mrs. Niccolini?
12. Maria Celeste sent regular letters to her father, often enclosing prayers on which topic?
13. To whom was the book dedicated?
(a) Maria Celeste.
(b) French ambassador.
(c) Ambassador Niiccolini.
(d) Pope Urban.
14. How was Cardinal Barberini related to Pope Urban?
15. What word did Galileo use to describe Maria Celeste's mind?
Short Answer Questions
1. Compared to Rome, the atmosphere in Venice was refereed to as being _____.
2. What is the standard title given to nuns at the convent?
3. Maria Celeste worried that the stress of the trial would interfere with Galileo's ____.
4. In the autumn of 1633, Galileo began to experience the onset of which mental state?
5. Maria Celeste tended to write long letters to Galileo on which day of the week?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)