|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Galileo managed to maintain friendships with powerful people, including which of the following?
(a) Archbishop of Siena.
(b) Prince Medici.
(c) First High Cardinal.
(d) Grand Duke of Florence.
2. After the death of Maria Celeste which relative moved into Galileo's house?
3. Galileo was sent back to Arcetri because his living situation was too pleasant in which city?
4. What was the main topic of this book?
(a) Gravitational pull.
5. Who would act as judge(s) at Galileo's trial?
(a) Archduke of Tuscany.
6. What word is used to reference a report issued by the office to important officials?
7. Galileo would be allowed to go home if he agreed to do what to the Dialogue?
(c) Include the church.
8. Galileo suffered from many ailments involving his eyes. Which of the following was not one of those ailments?
(c) Pink Eye.
9. Which item is not mentioned in the observations on gravity?
10. In which century was the monastery built?
11. There was great hope that Galileo's new book would be published in which country?
12. At this time Galileo was living in which town or city?
13. Aristotle believed that mathematicians focused on what type of questions?
14. By this time Mrs. Niccolini had earned the title of __________.
15. Maria Celeste tended to write long letters to Galileo on which day of the week?
Short Answer Questions
1. What continued to plague Galileo up until the time he died?
2. What word is used to indicate a joyous celebration?
3. What was Galileo's official position with the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
4. In 1633, the nuns complained of the excessive ____.
5. Galileo communicated the news of Maria Celeste's death to his friend Elia Diodati, who lived in which major European city?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)