|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the occupation of Galileo's Venetian friend?
2. Galileo communicated the news of Maria Celeste's death to his friend Elia Diodati, who lived in which major European city?
3. Who left Galileo's presence at this time, much to Galileo's objection?
4. Galileo suffered from many ailments involving his eyes. Which of the following was not one of those ailments?
(d) Pink Eye.
5. How many years did Galileo live after the death of Maria Celeste?
6. Galileo was ordered to cease which of the following?
(b) Social contact.
(c) Visiting Maria Celeste.
7. In 1633, the nuns complained of the excessive ____.
(a) Lack of food.
(d) Number of rats.
8. What was the occupation of Fra Micanzio?
(b) Grand Duke.
9. In which country was the book eventually printed?
10. To whom was the book dedicated?
(a) Pope Urban.
(b) French ambassador.
(c) Ambassador Niiccolini.
(d) Maria Celeste.
11. Anti-Catholics objected to the Pope rejecting Galileo's work solely on:
(a) Biblical grounds.
(b) Peer pressure.
(c) Personal beliefs.
(d) Political pressure.
12. In what year did Maria Celeste die?
13. What word is best used to describe a delay or block in an experiment?
14. Compared to Rome, the atmosphere in Venice was refereed to as being _____.
15. What word is used to describe Galileo's trial?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Galileo, how many "new" sciences were being introduced?
2. Maria Celeste was plagued with which malady?
3. In the autumn of 1633, Galileo began to experience the onset of which mental state?
4. What word is used to indicate a joyous celebration?
5. Maria Celeste tended to write long letters to Galileo on which day of the week?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)