|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the doctor that cared for Maria Celeste?
2. In what year was the ban effectively lifted from the work?
3. The purpose of leaving Galileo was to pursue opportunities in which profession?
4. What was the name of the high ranking member of the church that took "custody" of Galileo after the trial?
5. In 1633, the nuns complained of the excessive ____.
(a) Number of rats.
(b) Lack of food.
6. At this time Galileo was living in which town or city?
7. In what country was the book finally published?
8. Galileo revisited the possibility of publishing which book despite Pope Urban's objection?
(a) Mathematics as a Science.
(b) Sun and the Moon.
(c) Two New Sciences.
(d) Discourse on Motion and Gravity.
9. What is the standard title given to nuns at the convent?
10. in what months did the height of the problem hit?
(a) November and December.
(b) October and November.
(c) April and June.
(d) September and October.
11. How old was Galileo at the time of the trial?
12. Galileo managed to maintain friendships with powerful people, including which of the following?
(a) Prince Medici.
(b) First High Cardinal.
(c) Grand Duke of Florence.
(d) Archbishop of Siena.
13. What was the nickname given to Father Christopher Scheiner?
14. What word is used by Niccolini that means the same thing as "interfered?"
15. Galileo was ordered to cease which of the following?
(a) Social contact.
(c) Visiting Maria Celeste.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who left Galileo's presence at this time, much to Galileo's objection?
2. Galileo was plagued with which affliction?
3. In this year, Maria Celeste was once again considered for which high level position at San Matteo?
4. How many years did Galileo live after the death of Maria Celeste?
5. Which of the following was not one of the reasons given to the Pope by Niccolini?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)