|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maria Celeste worried that the stress of the trial would interfere with Galileo's ____.
(d) Mental state.
2. How many bystanders were at the meeting of Galileo and the Office of the Inquisition?
3. Galileo would be allowed to go home if he agreed to do what to the Dialogue?
(c) Include the church.
4. If Galileo was able to prove that science had a legitimate place in the world, the Pope would no longer appear to be:
5. In the autumn of 1633, Galileo began to experience the onset of which mental state?
6. What word is best used to describe a delay or block in an experiment?
7. Galileo communicated the news of Maria Celeste's death to his friend Elia Diodati, who lived in which major European city?
8. Where was this person's final destination?
(a) San Bruno.
9. Who would act as judge(s) at Galileo's trial?
(b) Archduke of Tuscany.
10. What is the name of the Pope's office?
(a) Holy Office.
(b) St. Peter's Square.
(c) Cardinal's Cell.
(d) Vatican City.
11. Which Pope approved the Edict of 1616?
12. What word did Galileo use to describe Maria Celeste's mind?
13. What was the first name of Mrs. Niccolini?
14. What emotion did Galileo experience because of the departure?
15. Galileo's trial and exile left him feeling like which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which century was the monastery built?
2. Where did this person go?
3. Where did Galileo stay to recuperate after the trial?
4. There was great hope that Galileo's new book would be published in which country?
5. Maria Celeste managed to keep informed of Galileo's trials with the help of which family member's brother?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)