|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maria Celeste managed to keep informed of Galileo's trials with the help of which family member's brother?
2. What was the occupation of Galileo's Venetian friend?
3. How was Cardinal Barberini related to Pope Urban?
4. At this time Galileo was living in which town or city?
5. Galileo managed to maintain friendships with powerful people, including which of the following?
(a) Prince Medici.
(b) First High Cardinal.
(c) Grand Duke of Florence.
(d) Archbishop of Siena.
6. Galileo's trial and exile left him feeling like which of the following?
7. Aristotle believed that mathematicians focused on what type of questions?
8. In what year did Maria Celeste die?
9. At this time, Galileo's health was poor. It was recommended that while in Rome, Galileo should stay ___________.
(a) In bed.
(c) In seclusion.
(d) In a hospital.
10. Compared to Rome, the atmosphere in Venice was refereed to as being _____.
11. In this year, Maria Celeste was once again considered for which high level position at San Matteo?
(a) Mother Abbess.
(b) Mother Superior.
12. Where was this person's final destination?
(a) San Bruno.
13. Maria Celeste worried that the stress of the trial would interfere with Galileo's ____.
(d) Mental state.
14. Which item is not mentioned in the observations on gravity?
15. In which century was the monastery built?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month did Maria Celeste die?
2. What is the standard title given to nuns at the convent?
3. Where did Galileo stay to recuperate after the trial?
4. What word is used to reference a report issued by the office to important officials?
5. It is erroneously reported that Galileo was tried in which year?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)