|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Due to Galileo's poor health, Niccolini repeatedly petitioned the Pope, asking for _________.
2. Anti-Catholics objected to the Pope rejecting Galileo's work solely on:
(a) Peer pressure.
(b) Political pressure.
(c) Personal beliefs.
(d) Biblical grounds.
3. In what month did Niccolini petition the Pope once more?
4. in what months did the height of the problem hit?
(a) November and December.
(b) October and November.
(c) September and October.
(d) April and June.
5. At this time, Galileo's health was poor. It was recommended that while in Rome, Galileo should stay ___________.
(a) In seclusion.
(c) In bed.
(d) In a hospital.
6. What was the nickname given to Father Christopher Scheiner?
7. What word is used to reference a report issued by the office to important officials?
8. Maria Celeste tended to write long letters to Galileo on which day of the week?
9. In the autumn of 1633, Galileo began to experience the onset of which mental state?
10. What continued to plague Galileo up until the time he died?
(a) Lack of recognition.
(c) Crohn's disease.
(d) Loss of Arcangela.
11. In what month did Maria Celeste die?
12. In which century was the monastery built?
13. Galileo began a new book, the idea for which had been ruminating for nearly ____ years.
14. In what year did Maria Celeste die?
15. Aristotle believed that mathematicians focused on what type of questions?
Short Answer Questions
1. If Galileo was able to prove that science had a legitimate place in the world, the Pope would no longer appear to be:
2. Which of the following was not one of the reasons given to the Pope by Niccolini?
3. Galileo's trial and exile left him feeling like which of the following?
4. How was Cardinal Barberini related to Pope Urban?
5. How many cardinals would preside over Galileo's trial?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)