|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which year did Galileo mail off the last pieces of the manuscript to his solicitor?
2. What was the occupation of Galileo's Venetian friend?
3. What word is used to describe a long and arduous process?
4. Compared to Rome, the atmosphere in Venice was refereed to as being _____.
5. What was the main topic of this book?
(a) Gravitational pull.
6. What word is used to reference a report issued by the office to important officials?
7. What illness would eventually cause Maria Celeste's death?
(d) Rheumatic fever.
8. Although the Dialogue was never legally banned, its printing was ______.
(a) Constantly modified.
(b) Painstakingly slow.
9. In what year did Maria Celeste die?
10. What word is used to describe the topic of the new book?
11. Galileo communicated the news of Maria Celeste's death to his friend Elia Diodati, who lived in which major European city?
12. Who left Galileo's presence at this time, much to Galileo's objection?
13. What word is best used to describe a delay or block in an experiment?
14. What continued to plague Galileo up until the time he died?
(a) Crohn's disease.
(b) Loss of Arcangela.
(d) Lack of recognition.
15. What was the first name of Mrs. Niccolini?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many cardinals would preside over Galileo's trial?
2. What weather phenomenon plagued Arcetri in 1633?
3. How many years did Galileo live after the death of Maria Celeste?
4. What was the name of the doctor that cared for Maria Celeste?
5. Who would act as judge(s) at Galileo's trial?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)