|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Cardinal Barberini related to Pope Urban?
2. What was the first name of Mrs. Niccolini?
3. Galileo was ordered to cease which of the following?
(b) Visiting Maria Celeste.
(c) Social contact.
4. At this time, Galileo's health was poor. It was recommended that while in Rome, Galileo should stay ___________.
(a) In bed.
(c) In seclusion.
(d) In a hospital.
5. Compared to Rome, the atmosphere in Venice was refereed to as being _____.
6. There was great hope that Galileo's new book would be published in which country?
7. It is erroneously reported that Galileo was tried in which year?
8. Which of the following was not one of Galileo's avid supporters?
(a) Francesco Niccolini.
(b) Pope Gregory.
(c) Fernando Medici.
(d) Cardinal Barberini.
9. After the death of Maria Celeste which relative moved into Galileo's house?
10. Maria Celeste tended to write long letters to Galileo on which day of the week?
11. Galileo managed to maintain friendships with powerful people, including which of the following?
(a) Prince Medici.
(b) First High Cardinal.
(c) Archbishop of Siena.
(d) Grand Duke of Florence.
12. Galileo suffered from many ailments involving his eyes. Which of the following was not one of those ailments?
(a) Pink Eye.
13. In what country was the book finally published?
14. Galileo communicated the news of Maria Celeste's death to his friend Elia Diodati, who lived in which major European city?
15. Galileo was plagued with which affliction?
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion did Galileo experience because of the departure?
2. What illness would eventually cause Maria Celeste's death?
3. Who would act as judge(s) at Galileo's trial?
4. While being forced to stay in Rome Galileo gave power of attorney to which of the following?
5. What continued to plague Galileo up until the time he died?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)