|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At this time, Galileo's health was poor. It was recommended that while in Rome, Galileo should stay ___________.
(a) In a hospital.
(b) In bed.
(d) In seclusion.
2. Galileo suffered from many ailments involving his eyes. Which of the following was not one of those ailments?
(d) Pink Eye.
3. Galileo's trial and exile left him feeling like which of the following?
4. How was Cardinal Barberini related to Pope Urban?
5. in what months did the height of the problem hit?
(a) November and December.
(b) September and October.
(c) October and November.
(d) April and June.
6. The book would show observations and theories that went directly against the teachings of which famous man?
7. What was the name of the high ranking member of the church that took "custody" of Galileo after the trial?
8. What was the first name of Mrs. Niccolini?
9. If Galileo was able to prove that science had a legitimate place in the world, the Pope would no longer appear to be:
10. Maria Celeste managed to keep informed of Galileo's trials with the help of which family member's brother?
11. What was the nickname given to Father Christopher Scheiner?
12. Which item is not mentioned in the observations on gravity?
13. Galileo revisited the possibility of publishing which book despite Pope Urban's objection?
(a) Discourse on Motion and Gravity.
(b) Two New Sciences.
(c) Sun and the Moon.
(d) Mathematics as a Science.
14. What was Galileo's official position with the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
(a) Chief Mathematician.
15. To whom was the book dedicated?
(a) Maria Celeste.
(b) Pope Urban.
(c) Ambassador Niiccolini.
(d) French ambassador.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness would eventually cause Maria Celeste's death?
2. Where was this person's final destination?
3. It is erroneously reported that Galileo was tried in which year?
4. What is the standard title given to nuns at the convent?
5. What word did Galileo use to describe Maria Celeste's mind?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)