|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which year did Galileo mail off the last pieces of the manuscript to his solicitor?
2. Where did Galileo stay to recuperate after the trial?
3. The investigation into these affairs was known as the __________________.
4. Where did this person go?
5. What is the name of the monastery that could have been used to contain Galileo after he left SIena?
(c) San Matteo.
(d) Sacred Heart.
6. What word is used by Niccolini that means the same thing as "interfered?"
7. Maria Celeste hoped fervently that the Pope and others would dismiss the trial once they realized the extent of Galileo's _____.
8. There was great hope that Galileo's new book would be published in which country?
9. What was the first name of Galileo's father?
10. Maria Celeste worried that the stress of the trial would interfere with Galileo's ____.
(a) Mental state.
11. Who left Galileo's presence at this time, much to Galileo's objection?
12. Compared to Rome, the atmosphere in Venice was refereed to as being _____.
13. How many bystanders were at the meeting of Galileo and the Office of the Inquisition?
14. What was the name of the high ranking member of the church that took "custody" of Galileo after the trial?
15. In which country was the book eventually printed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which item is not mentioned in the observations on gravity?
2. Where was this person's final destination?
3. In what month did Niccolini petition the Pope once more?
4. Which Pope approved the Edict of 1616?
5. What word is used to describe a long and arduous process?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)