|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The purpose of leaving Galileo was to pursue opportunities in which profession?
2. What word is used to reference a report issued by the office to important officials?
3. By this time Mrs. Niccolini had earned the title of __________.
4. In what year was the ban effectively lifted from the work?
5. In what country was the book finally published?
6. Galileo communicated the news of Maria Celeste's death to his friend Elia Diodati, who lived in which major European city?
7. Galileo suffered from many ailments involving his eyes. Which of the following was not one of those ailments?
(a) Pink Eye.
8. At this time Galileo was living in which town or city?
9. Which of the following was not one of Galileo's avid supporters?
(a) Fernando Medici.
(b) Pope Gregory.
(c) Francesco Niccolini.
(d) Cardinal Barberini.
10. What was the name of the doctor that cared for Maria Celeste?
11. In what year did Maria Celeste die?
12. The investigation into these affairs was known as the __________________.
13. How was Cardinal Barberini related to Pope Urban?
14. in what months did the height of the problem hit?
(a) November and December.
(b) April and June.
(c) September and October.
(d) October and November.
15. In which year did Galileo mail off the last pieces of the manuscript to his solicitor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the occupation of Fra Micanzio?
2. What word is used to describe a long and arduous process?
3. How many years did Galileo live after the death of Maria Celeste?
4. Aristotle believed that mathematicians focused on what type of questions?
5. If Galileo was able to prove that science had a legitimate place in the world, the Pope would no longer appear to be:
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)