|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Compared to Rome, the atmosphere in Venice was refereed to as being _____.
2. The investigation into these affairs was known as the __________________.
3. Galileo would be allowed to go home if he agreed to do what to the Dialogue?
(b) Include the church.
4. Although the Dialogue was never legally banned, its printing was ______.
(b) Painstakingly slow.
(c) Constantly modified.
5. By this time Mrs. Niccolini had earned the title of __________.
6. Due to Galileo's poor health, Niccolini repeatedly petitioned the Pope, asking for _________.
7. What emotion did Galileo experience because of the departure?
8. How many bystanders were at the meeting of Galileo and the Office of the Inquisition?
9. What word is used to describe the topic of the new book?
10. Where was this person's final destination?
(d) San Bruno.
11. In what year did Maria Celeste die?
12. After the death of Maria Celeste which relative moved into Galileo's house?
13. What word is used to reference a report issued by the office to important officials?
14. Galileo communicated the news of Maria Celeste's death to his friend Elia Diodati, who lived in which major European city?
15. In what country was the book finally published?
Short Answer Questions
1. Galileo managed to maintain friendships with powerful people, including which of the following?
2. Which of the following was a major contributor to Galileo's death?
3. Galileo revisited the possibility of publishing which book despite Pope Urban's objection?
4. What was the first name of Mrs. Niccolini?
5. Who left Galileo's presence at this time, much to Galileo's objection?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)