|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word did Galileo use to describe Maria Celeste's mind?
2. What word is used to indicate a joyous celebration?
3. Which of the following was a major contributor to Galileo's death?
(a) Bubonic plague.
(c) Kidney problems.
4. What was the first name of Mrs. Niccolini?
5. Which of the following was not one of Galileo's avid supporters?
(a) Fernando Medici.
(b) Cardinal Barberini.
(c) Pope Gregory.
(d) Francesco Niccolini.
6. What is the name of the monastery that could have been used to contain Galileo after he left SIena?
(c) Sacred Heart.
(d) San Matteo.
7. in what months did the height of the problem hit?
(a) October and November.
(b) April and June.
(c) September and October.
(d) November and December.
8. There was great hope that Galileo's new book would be published in which country?
9. Maria Celeste continued to worry about the state of Galileo's ______.
(b) Family relationships.
10. In this year, Maria Celeste was once again considered for which high level position at San Matteo?
(c) Mother Superior.
(d) Mother Abbess.
11. What was the occupation of Fra Micanzio?
(a) Grand Duke.
12. Galileo was ordered to cease which of the following?
(b) Visiting Maria Celeste.
(c) Social contact.
13. Which item is not mentioned in the observations on gravity?
14. The investigation into these affairs was known as the __________________.
15. What emotion did Galileo experience because of the departure?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Pope approved the Edict of 1616?
2. In the autumn of 1633, Galileo began to experience the onset of which mental state?
3. If Galileo was able to prove that science had a legitimate place in the world, the Pope would no longer appear to be:
4. What is the standard title given to nuns at the convent?
5. In which century was the monastery built?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)