|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There was great hope that Galileo's new book would be published in which country?
2. What is the name of the Pope's office?
(a) Cardinal's Cell.
(b) Holy Office.
(c) St. Peter's Square.
(d) Vatican City.
3. Galileo was sent back to Arcetri because his living situation was too pleasant in which city?
4. Galileo was plagued with which affliction?
5. Where did this person go?
6. What word did Galileo use to describe Maria Celeste's mind?
7. Where was this person's final destination?
(d) San Bruno.
8. In which year did Galileo mail off the last pieces of the manuscript to his solicitor?
9. In what month did Niccolini petition the Pope once more?
10. What word is used to reference a report issued by the office to important officials?
11. Galileo suffered from many ailments involving his eyes. Which of the following was not one of those ailments?
(b) Pink Eye.
12. Maria Celeste was plagued with which malady?
13. Maria Celeste continued to worry about the state of Galileo's ______.
(b) Family relationships.
14. According to Galileo, how many "new" sciences were being introduced?
15. What is the standard title given to nuns at the convent?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Pope approved the Edict of 1616?
2. Anti-Catholics objected to the Pope rejecting Galileo's work solely on:
3. What was Galileo's official position with the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
4. What is the name of the monastery that could have been used to contain Galileo after he left SIena?
5. What was the nickname given to Father Christopher Scheiner?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)