|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word is used to describe the topic of the new book?
2. It is erroneously reported that Galileo was tried in which year?
3. What word is best used to describe a delay or block in an experiment?
4. What illness would eventually cause Maria Celeste's death?
(d) Rheumatic fever.
5. What word is used by Niccolini that means the same thing as "interfered?"
6. Galileo was sent back to Arcetri because his living situation was too pleasant in which city?
7. Which Pope approved of Galileo's conviction?
8. How old was Galileo at the time of the trial?
9. According to Galileo, how many "new" sciences were being introduced?
10. What is the standard title given to nuns at the convent?
11. What was the name of the doctor that cared for Maria Celeste?
12. Galileo began a new book, the idea for which had been ruminating for nearly ____ years.
13. In what month did Niccolini petition the Pope once more?
14. Compared to Rome, the atmosphere in Venice was refereed to as being _____.
15. If Galileo was able to prove that science had a legitimate place in the world, the Pope would no longer appear to be:
Short Answer Questions
1. Who left Galileo's presence at this time, much to Galileo's objection?
2. Maria Celeste managed to keep informed of Galileo's trials with the help of which family member's brother?
3. What was the name of the high ranking member of the church that took "custody" of Galileo after the trial?
4. Which Pope approved the Edict of 1616?
5. How many years did Galileo live after the death of Maria Celeste?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)