|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word is used to describe the topic of the new book?
2. In which year did Galileo mail off the last pieces of the manuscript to his solicitor?
3. What emotion did Galileo experience because of the departure?
4. In which country was the book eventually printed?
5. Maria Celeste was plagued with which malady?
6. How old was Galileo at the time of the trial?
7. Galileo was sent back to Arcetri because his living situation was too pleasant in which city?
8. Galileo was ordered to cease which of the following?
(a) Visiting Maria Celeste.
(d) Social contact.
9. What was the nickname given to Father Christopher Scheiner?
10. What word is used to indicate a joyous celebration?
11. Galileo revisited the possibility of publishing which book despite Pope Urban's objection?
(a) Mathematics as a Science.
(b) Two New Sciences.
(c) Sun and the Moon.
(d) Discourse on Motion and Gravity.
12. It is erroneously reported that Galileo was tried in which year?
13. In which century was the monastery built?
14. Which item is not mentioned in the observations on gravity?
15. Who left Galileo's presence at this time, much to Galileo's objection?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country was the book finally published?
2. Which of the following was a major contributor to Galileo's death?
3. The investigation into these affairs was known as the __________________.
4. Aristotle believed that mathematicians focused on what type of questions?
5. What continued to plague Galileo up until the time he died?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)