|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word is used by Niccolini that means the same thing as "interfered?"
2. In which century was the monastery built?
3. in what months did the height of the problem hit?
(a) October and November.
(b) April and June.
(c) September and October.
(d) November and December.
4. Galileo began a new book, the idea for which had been ruminating for nearly ____ years.
5. In what year was the ban effectively lifted from the work?
6. Who would act as judge(s) at Galileo's trial?
(a) Archduke of Tuscany.
7. Galileo communicated the news of Maria Celeste's death to his friend Elia Diodati, who lived in which major European city?
8. How many years did Galileo live after the death of Maria Celeste?
9. Compared to Rome, the atmosphere in Venice was refereed to as being _____.
10. What was Galileo's official position with the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
(d) Chief Mathematician.
11. By this time Mrs. Niccolini had earned the title of __________.
12. Galileo would be allowed to go home if he agreed to do what to the Dialogue?
(b) Include the church.
13. There was great hope that Galileo's new book would be published in which country?
14. What word is best used to describe a delay or block in an experiment?
15. What word is used to describe the topic of the new book?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country was the book finally published?
2. Maria Celeste worried that the stress of the trial would interfere with Galileo's ____.
3. The book would show observations and theories that went directly against the teachings of which famous man?
4. What word is used to describe a long and arduous process?
5. In this year, Maria Celeste was once again considered for which high level position at San Matteo?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)