|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1627, Italy was on the brink of which upcoming skirmish?
(a) Italian Cival War.
(b) Revolutionary War.
(c) War of the Roses.
(d) Thirty Years War.
2. To which royal figure was the work dedicated?
(a) Viscount of Rome.
(b) Crown Prince.
(c) Second Baron.
(d) Grand Duke.
3. What was the name of the town where the friend lived?
4. Because of a lack of follow through, which inventor came up with the same idea less than twenty years later?
5. Who would have the final say on the approval of the book?
6. Which of the following was the main carrier of disease at this time?
7. When Galileo arrived in Rome, he was lodged at which of the following?
(a) Medici Court.
(b) Ambassadors Row.
(c) Tuscan Embassy.
(d) College of Cardinals.
8. How old was Maria Celeste when she took her vows?
9. Galileo was forced to travel to Rome to obtain which type of license?
10. It was intended that the girl stay in the convent until her parents could find:
(a) Money for college.
(b) An adoptive family.
(c) A husband.
(d) A place to live.
11. What is another name for a nun's living quarters?
(d) State room.
12. In addition to regular financial aid, Galileo began to work as a ______ at the convent.
13. Which famous man was killed in the same year she was born?
(c) Da Vinci.
14. Galileo went to work in the court of which royal?
(a) Cosimo de' Medici.
(b) Guido Bruno.
(c) Cardinal Allegretti.
(d) Pope John I.
15. What was the name of Galileo's host?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years did it take Galileo to write that particular work?
2. In what year was Galileo's daughter born?
3. What was the name of the town where the convent was located?
4. What was the affectionate nickname of this contact?
5. How long did it take before the printing was complete?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)