|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Galileo's host?
2. What was the name of Galileo's contact within the Vatican?
3. Galileo left his son with Marina and took his daughters to which Italian city?
4. Which type of clock was invented by Galileo and another person?
5. In what year did Galileo finally set off for the Vatican?
6. Galileo was eager to go to Rome to march with which prestigious group?
(a) College of Cardinals.
(b) Moravian Mathematicians.
(c) Lyncean Academicians.
(d) Roman Astronomers.
7. How was the man killed?
(a) Burned at the stake.
8. What was the name of the youngest Galilei child.
9. How old was Maria Celeste when she took her vows?
10. In what year was Galileo's daughter born?
11. The letter was written to express condolences for the loss of ______, Galileo's sister.
12. What word is often used in regards to the presence of the Sun?
13. Although it pained her to do so, Maria Celeste often went to Galileo for which of the following?
(c) New shoes.
14. Early the next year, a quarantine that would last ______ days was put into effect.
15. What is another name for a nun's living quarters?
(d) State room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the place Maria Celeste worked at the convent?
2. Which Italian city seemed to be the only one spared from the epidemic?
3. Which famous man was killed in the same year she was born?
4. The author speaks at length of the war, which involved which country?
5. Which of the following was the main carrier of disease at this time?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)