|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the surname of Galileo's lover and mother to his children?
2. In 1627, Italy was on the brink of which upcoming skirmish?
(a) War of the Roses.
(b) Revolutionary War.
(c) Italian Cival War.
(d) Thirty Years War.
3. What is it called when someone discredits or speaks out against the church?
4. In addition to regular financial aid, Galileo began to work as a ______ at the convent.
5. What was the name of Galileo's host?
6. What tragic affliction was responsible for the death of Prince Cesi?
(b) Rheumatic Fever.
(d) Bubonic Plague.
7. How long did Galileo stay in Rome this time?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 2 months.
8. What was the name of the youngest Galilei child.
9. What is it called when someone commits a crime against God?
10. Galileo left his son with Marina and took his daughters to which Italian city?
11. What was the first name of Galileo's daughter before she was taken into the convent?
12. What was the affectionate nickname of this contact?
(a) Monsignor Crab.
(b) Brother Ghoul.
(c) Father Monster.
(d) Cardinal Creepy.
13. What was the daughter's first name after she was taken into the convent and received her vows?
14. To which royal figure was the work dedicated?
(a) Grand Duke.
(b) Second Baron.
(c) Crown Prince.
(d) Viscount of Rome.
15. One of the things that got the pope in trouble was his view regarding:
(a) Jewish Re-education.
(b) Protestant Reformation.
(c) Pagan Ostracizing.
(d) Catholic Condemnation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word is used to describe something that is opposite or against?
2. Galileo went to work in the court of which royal?
3. What word is often used in regards to the presence of the Sun?
4. What was the name of Galileo's brother?
5. What is the name of the order at the convent?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)