|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the delay in Galileo's trip to the Vatican?
(a) Financial problems.
(b) Death in the family.
2. How long did Galileo stay in Rome this time?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 4 months.
3. What was the name of the youngest Galilei child.
4. Galileo was forced to travel to Rome to obtain which type of license?
5. Galileo was eager to go to Rome to march with which prestigious group?
(a) Lyncean Academicians.
(b) College of Cardinals.
(c) Moravian Mathematicians.
(d) Roman Astronomers.
6. How old was Maria Celeste when she took her vows?
7. Galileo planned to make a detour on the way to the Vatican to visit his old friend:
8. How long did it take before the printing was complete?
(a) 9 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 1 year.
9. What was the name of the town where the friend lived?
10. Maria Celeste took on the role of teacher in which area?
11. Because of a lack of follow through, which inventor came up with the same idea less than twenty years later?
12. Which Pope was often referred to as the "Poet Pope?"
13. Which of Galileo's books was finally published in 1630?
(a) Discourse on Gravity.
(b) From Here to the Stars.
(c) Secrets of the Sun and Moon.
(d) Dialogue on the Tides.
14. Shortly after, Vincenzo and Sestilia announced the birth of their second child, a boy named:
15. Galileo left his son with Marina and took his daughters to which Italian city?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1630, approximately _____ Florentines died from disease?
2. The pope was fond of another of Galileo's works, title:
3. Which person was eager to step forward to help the convent through their leanest hours?
4. Convents in Italy were different than in other countries because they were permitted to own which of the following?
5. One of the things that got the pope in trouble was his view regarding:
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)