|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many copies of the book were published once it was approved?
2. The son was intended to complete his education at a university in which city?
3. The pope was fond of another of Galileo's works, title:
(a) The Astronomer.
(b) The Academist.
(c) The Assayer.
(d) The Geologist.
4. How long did Galileo stay in Rome?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 5 weeks.
5. What was the name of Galileo's host?
6. Which Pope was often referred to as the "Poet Pope?"
7. How long did Galileo stay in Rome this time?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 2 months.
8. What word was used to describe Maria Celeste?
9. To which royal figure was the work dedicated?
(a) Viscount of Rome.
(b) Second Baron.
(c) Grand Duke.
(d) Crown Prince.
10. Which of the following was the main carrier of disease at this time?
11. What is it called when someone discredits or speaks out against the church?
12. Who would have the final say on the approval of the book?
13. In what year was the first letter written from Maria to Galileo?
14. What was the name of Galileo's second daughter to enter the convent?
15. Galileo left his son with Marina and took his daughters to which Italian city?
Short Answer Questions
1. The man was killed, in part, for stating which of the following:
2. Early the next year, a quarantine that would last ______ days was put into effect.
3. What word is used to describe something that is opposite or against?
4. One of the Pope's favorite passages of Galileo's work compares good philosophers to which bird?
5. Galileo suggested to Maria Celeste that she petition this Pope for assistance.
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)