|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Officials from which region would be responsible for approving Galileo's manuscript?
2. Which Pope was often referred to as the "Poet Pope?"
3. How old was Galileo when Marina died?
4. Which of the following was the main carrier of disease at this time?
5. It was intended that the girl stay in the convent until her parents could find:
(a) A husband.
(b) An adoptive family.
(c) A place to live.
(d) Money for college.
6. Galileo was afraid to send books to Rome because they would be:
7. Early the next year, a quarantine that would last ______ days was put into effect.
8. Who assisted Galileo and Maria Celeste in one particular project?
9. Which member of the Medici was installed as the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
10. What is it called when someone commits a crime against God?
11. When Galileo arrived in Rome, he was lodged at which of the following?
(a) Tuscan Embassy.
(b) Ambassadors Row.
(c) Medici Court.
(d) College of Cardinals.
12. Which person was eager to step forward to help the convent through their leanest hours?
13. Although it pained her to do so, Maria Celeste often went to Galileo for which of the following?
(c) New shoes.
14. Unlike Galileo's daughters, the son was able to become recognized by the church after he had been:
15. What is it called when someone discredits or speaks out against the church?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the town where the convent was located?
2. Which of Galileo's books was finally published in 1630?
3. What was the name of Galileo's host?
4. What was the affectionate nickname of this contact?
5. What was the surname of Galileo's lover and mother to his children?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)