|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the famous and extremely powerful family from that country?
2. What word is often used in regards to the presence of the Sun?
3. In what year did Galileo finally set off for the Vatican?
4. What name did the second daughter adopt?
5. What was the name of Galileo's brother?
6. In 1627, Italy was on the brink of which upcoming skirmish?
(a) Italian Cival War.
(b) Revolutionary War.
(c) Thirty Years War.
(d) War of the Roses.
7. What is the name of the order at the convent?
(a) Rule of the Holy Ghost.
(b) Rule of Saint Clare.
(c) Convent of St. Lucia.
(d) Order of the Virgin Mary.
8. How old was Maria Celeste when she entered the convent?
9. When Galileo finished with his work, he sent it to Maria Celeste who would painstakingly _______ it.
10. What is it called when someone discredits or speaks out against the church?
11. Who assisted Galileo and Maria Celeste in one particular project?
12. How was the man killed?
(d) Burned at the stake.
13. How many years did it take Galileo to write that particular work?
14. In 1623, one of the following was named as the new pope. Which man was it?
(a) Cardinal Mallazzi.
(b) Cardinal Barberini.
(c) Cardinal Tringali.
(d) Cardinal Benedict.
15. Which type of clock was invented by Galileo and another person?
Short Answer Questions
1. Galileo planned to make a detour on the way to the Vatican to visit his old friend:
2. When Galileo arrived in Rome, he was lodged at which of the following?
3. What was the first name of Galileo's daughter before she was taken into the convent?
4. How long did Galileo stay in Rome this time?
5. Which Italian city seemed to be the only one spared from the epidemic?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)