|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maria Celeste recalls being in the garden with her father learning about which of the following?
2. What is it called when someone commits a crime against God?
3. What word is often used in regards to the presence of the Sun?
4. The letter was written to express condolences for the loss of ______, Galileo's sister.
5. Galileo was eager to go to Rome to march with which prestigious group?
(a) Lyncean Academicians.
(b) College of Cardinals.
(c) Roman Astronomers.
(d) Moravian Mathematicians.
6. What was the first name of Galileo's daughter before she was taken into the convent?
7. In 1627, Italy was on the brink of which upcoming skirmish?
(a) Revolutionary War.
(b) Italian Cival War.
(c) Thirty Years War.
(d) War of the Roses.
8. In what year was Galileo's daughter born?
9. Galileo left his son with Marina and took his daughters to which Italian city?
10. How many years did it take Galileo to write that particular work?
11. Which of Galileo's books was finally published in 1630?
(a) From Here to the Stars.
(b) Discourse on Gravity.
(c) Dialogue on the Tides.
(d) Secrets of the Sun and Moon.
12. What was the affectionate nickname of this contact?
(a) Brother Ghoul.
(b) Monsignor Crab.
(c) Cardinal Creepy.
(d) Father Monster.
13. Unlike Galileo's daughters, the son was able to become recognized by the church after he had been:
14. What name did the second daughter adopt?
15. Which member of the Medici was installed as the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the town where the friend lived?
2. Shortly after, Vincenzo and Sestilia announced the birth of their second child, a boy named:
3. Galileo was afraid to send books to Rome because they would be:
4. What was the daughter's first name after she was taken into the convent and received her vows?
5. What was the major complaint and source of illness at the convent?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)