|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Galileo finished with his work, he sent it to Maria Celeste who would painstakingly _______ it.
2. Galileo was eventually named head mathematician and philosopher to which of the following people?
(a) Archbishop of Canterbury.
(b) Grand Duke of Tuscany.
(c) Cardinal Richelieu.
(d) Pope Pius XII.
3. Because of a lack of follow through, which inventor came up with the same idea less than twenty years later?
4. What is it called when someone commits a crime against God?
5. One of the Pope's favorite passages of Galileo's work compares good philosophers to which bird?
6. The son was intended to complete his education at a university in which city?
7. Which Pope was often referred to as the "Poet Pope?"
8. Who assisted Galileo and Maria Celeste in one particular project?
9. It was intended that the girl stay in the convent until her parents could find:
(a) A place to live.
(b) Money for college.
(c) A husband.
(d) An adoptive family.
10. What was the name of Galileo's host?
11. What was the name of the famous and extremely powerful family from that country?
12. How old was the Cardinal when he accepted the position of the Supreme Pontiff?
13. Although it pained her to do so, Maria Celeste often went to Galileo for which of the following?
(c) New shoes.
14. What word is used to describe something that is opposite or against?
15. Which of the following was the main carrier of disease at this time?
Short Answer Questions
1. To which royal figure was the work dedicated?
2. What was the name of Galileo's second daughter to enter the convent?
3. What was the name of Galileo's brother?
4. One of the things that got the pope in trouble was his view regarding:
5. In what year was Galileo's daughter born?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)