|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the famous and extremely powerful family from that country?
2. What is it called when a nun is required to stay inside the convent compound at all times?
3. Which type of clock was invented by Galileo and another person?
4. In what year did Galileo finally set off for the Vatican?
5. Galileo left his son with Marina and took his daughters to which Italian city?
6. How old was Maria Celeste when she took her vows?
7. What is it called when someone discredits or speaks out against the church?
8. What was the name of the town where the friend lived?
9. How old was Maria Celeste when she entered the convent?
10. What word is used to describe something that is opposite or against?
11. In 1623, one of the following was named as the new pope. Which man was it?
(a) Cardinal Benedict.
(b) Cardinal Barberini.
(c) Cardinal Tringali.
(d) Cardinal Mallazzi.
12. What is it called when someone commits a crime against God?
13. The pope was fond of another of Galileo's works, title:
(a) The Academist.
(b) The Astronomer.
(c) The Assayer.
(d) The Geologist.
14. To which royal figure was the work dedicated?
(a) Grand Duke.
(b) Second Baron.
(c) Crown Prince.
(d) Viscount of Rome.
15. In 1627, Italy was on the brink of which upcoming skirmish?
(a) War of the Roses.
(b) Revolutionary War.
(c) Italian Cival War.
(d) Thirty Years War.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years did it take Galileo to write that particular work?
2. What caused the delay in Galileo's trip to the Vatican?
3. What was the affectionate nickname of this contact?
4. In what year was Galileo's daughter born?
5. What was the name of Galileo's second daughter to enter the convent?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)