|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Galileo stay in Rome this time?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 2 months.
2. In what year was Galileo's daughter born?
3. Galileo suggested to Maria Celeste that she petition this Pope for assistance.
4. The man was killed, in part, for stating which of the following:
(a) Earth is not flat.
(b) Earth travels around the Sun.
(c) Galileo should be canonized.
(d) There are other planets in the galaxy.
5. The author speaks at length of the war, which involved which country?
6. Which famous man was killed in the same year she was born?
(d) Da Vinci.
7. Galileo left his son with Marina and took his daughters to which Italian city?
8. What is the name of the order at the convent?
(a) Rule of Saint Clare.
(b) Order of the Virgin Mary.
(c) Rule of the Holy Ghost.
(d) Convent of St. Lucia.
9. What was the major complaint and source of illness at the convent?
(a) Sick children.
(d) Spoiled food.
10. What was the name of Galileo's brother?
11. When Galileo finished with his work, he sent it to Maria Celeste who would painstakingly _______ it.
12. One of the things that got the pope in trouble was his view regarding:
(a) Pagan Ostracizing.
(b) Protestant Reformation.
(c) Catholic Condemnation.
(d) Jewish Re-education.
13. What word is often used in regards to the presence of the Sun?
14. In 1627, Italy was on the brink of which upcoming skirmish?
(a) Italian Cival War.
(b) Revolutionary War.
(c) War of the Roses.
(d) Thirty Years War.
15. Which person was eager to step forward to help the convent through their leanest hours?
Short Answer Questions
1. What new law began to frighten many of Galileo's colleagues?
2. What was the name of the famous and extremely powerful family from that country?
3. Which of the following was the main carrier of disease at this time?
4. How many copies of the book were published once it was approved?
5. When Galileo arrived in Rome, he was lodged at which of the following?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)