|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word was used to describe Maria Celeste?
2. Who assisted Galileo and Maria Celeste in one particular project?
3. Convents in Italy were different than in other countries because they were permitted to own which of the following?
(c) Farm equipment.
4. Shortly after, Vincenzo and Sestilia announced the birth of their second child, a boy named:
5. Unlike Galileo's daughters, the son was able to become recognized by the church after he had been:
6. Galileo was afraid to send books to Rome because they would be:
7. In what year did Galileo finally set off for the Vatican?
8. What word is often used in regards to the presence of the Sun?
9. How many years did it take Galileo to write that particular work?
10. What was the name of Galileo's host?
11. Which person was eager to step forward to help the convent through their leanest hours?
12. What was the name of the youngest Galilei child.
13. Maria Celeste took on the role of teacher in which area?
14. What was the first name of Galileo's daughter before she was taken into the convent?
15. What was the surname of Galileo's lover and mother to his children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the daughter's first name after she was taken into the convent and received her vows?
2. How old was Galileo when Marina died?
3. The letter was written to express condolences for the loss of ______, Galileo's sister.
4. It was intended that the girl stay in the convent until her parents could find:
5. What tragic affliction was responsible for the death of Prince Cesi?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)