|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Maria Celeste when she entered the convent?
2. Who would have the final say on the approval of the book?
3. What word is used to describe something that is opposite or against?
4. Because of a lack of follow through, which inventor came up with the same idea less than twenty years later?
5. In what year was the first letter written from Maria to Galileo?
6. How long did it take before the printing was complete?
(a) 9 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 1 year.
7. How many copies of the book were published once it was approved?
8. What was the name of Galileo's brother?
9. How was the man killed?
(b) Burned at the stake.
10. What is it called when one builds a model of a new product?
11. Although it pained her to do so, Maria Celeste often went to Galileo for which of the following?
(b) New shoes.
12. What was the surname of Galileo's lover and mother to his children?
13. What is it called when someone commits a crime against God?
14. What tragic affliction was responsible for the death of Prince Cesi?
(a) Rheumatic Fever.
(c) Bubonic Plague.
15. In addition to regular financial aid, Galileo began to work as a ______ at the convent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shortly after, Vincenzo and Sestilia announced the birth of their second child, a boy named:
2. Early the next year, a quarantine that would last ______ days was put into effect.
3. In order to impress the new pope, Galileo sent a copy of his yet to be published work titled:
4. In what year was Galileo first told to desist on his astronomical work?
5. One of the Pope's favorite passages of Galileo's work compares good philosophers to which bird?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)