|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the youngest Galilei child.
2. Galileo was forced to travel to Rome to obtain which type of license?
3. Although it pained her to do so, Maria Celeste often went to Galileo for which of the following?
(c) New shoes.
4. Officials from which region would be responsible for approving Galileo's manuscript?
5. How long did Galileo stay in Rome this time?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 6 months.
6. Maria Celeste recalls being in the garden with her father learning about which of the following?
7. What was the name of Galileo's brother?
8. Early the next year, a quarantine that would last ______ days was put into effect.
9. One of the Pope's favorite passages of Galileo's work compares good philosophers to which bird?
10. Galileo was eventually named head mathematician and philosopher to which of the following people?
(a) Grand Duke of Tuscany.
(b) Cardinal Richelieu.
(c) Archbishop of Canterbury.
(d) Pope Pius XII.
11. In what year was Galileo first told to desist on his astronomical work?
12. How old was Maria Celeste when she entered the convent?
13. Galileo went to work in the court of which royal?
(a) Cardinal Allegretti.
(b) Guido Bruno.
(c) Pope John I.
(d) Cosimo de' Medici.
14. Galileo was determined to prove the theories of which famous scientist?
15. The author speaks at length of the war, which involved which country?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month did the Pope take office?
2. Which type of clock was invented by Galileo and another person?
3. Unlike Galileo's daughters, the son was able to become recognized by the church after he had been:
4. Which of Galileo's books was finally published in 1630?
5. What is the name of the order at the convent?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)