|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Galileo planned to make a detour on the way to the Vatican to visit his old friend:
2. In order to impress the new pope, Galileo sent a copy of his yet to be published work titled:
(a) Investigating the Milky Way.
(b) Discourse on the Stars.
(c) Monologue on the Moons.
(d) Treatise on the Tides.
3. What is it called when someone discredits or speaks out against the church?
4. In what year was Galileo first told to desist on his astronomical work?
5. What was the name of Galileo's brother?
6. How old was the Cardinal when he accepted the position of the Supreme Pontiff?
7. Which of the following was the main carrier of disease at this time?
8. Unlike Galileo's daughters, the son was able to become recognized by the church after he had been:
9. Galileo suggested to Maria Celeste that she petition this Pope for assistance.
10. What is it called when one builds a model of a new product?
11. What tragic affliction was responsible for the death of Prince Cesi?
(b) Rheumatic Fever.
(c) Bubonic Plague.
12. How many years did it take Galileo to write that particular work?
13. What was the name of the youngest Galilei child.
14. Officials from which region would be responsible for approving Galileo's manuscript?
15. Galileo was determined to prove the theories of which famous scientist?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which item in Maria Celeste's room was in need of repair?
2. What is the name of the order at the convent?
3. In what year did Galileo finally set off for the Vatican?
4. What was the daughter's first name after she was taken into the convent and received her vows?
5. What name did the second daughter adopt?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)