|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It was intended that the girl stay in the convent until her parents could find:
(a) A husband.
(b) Money for college.
(c) A place to live.
(d) An adoptive family.
2. What caused the delay in Galileo's trip to the Vatican?
(b) Death in the family.
(c) Financial problems.
3. How long did it take before the printing was complete?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 9 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 1 year.
4. What was the name of Galileo's brother?
5. How old was Maria Celeste when she took her vows?
6. The author speaks at length of the war, which involved which country?
7. What was the name of the town where the friend lived?
8. Galileo left his son with Marina and took his daughters to which Italian city?
9. Which Pope was often referred to as the "Poet Pope?"
10. Galileo was afraid to send books to Rome because they would be:
11. What was the name of the town where the convent was located?
12. Galileo was determined to prove the theories of which famous scientist?
13. What is the name of the order at the convent?
(a) Rule of the Holy Ghost.
(b) Rule of Saint Clare.
(c) Convent of St. Lucia.
(d) Order of the Virgin Mary.
14. What was the name of Galileo's contact within the Vatican?
15. What was the name of Galileo's second daughter to enter the convent?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which item in Maria Celeste's room was in need of repair?
2. What was the first name of Galileo's daughter before she was taken into the convent?
3. How long did Galileo stay in Rome?
4. What was the name of the famous and extremely powerful family from that country?
5. Galileo went to work in the court of which royal?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)