|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Galileo suggested to Maria Celeste that she petition this Pope for assistance.
2. What is it called when one builds a model of a new product?
3. The letter was written to express condolences for the loss of ______, Galileo's sister.
4. How old was the Cardinal when he accepted the position of the Supreme Pontiff?
5. What was the daughter's first name after she was taken into the convent and received her vows?
6. The man was killed, in part, for stating which of the following:
(a) Galileo should be canonized.
(b) Earth travels around the Sun.
(c) Earth is not flat.
(d) There are other planets in the galaxy.
7. When Galileo arrived in Rome, he was lodged at which of the following?
(a) Tuscan Embassy.
(b) Ambassadors Row.
(c) Medici Court.
(d) College of Cardinals.
8. What was the name of the youngest Galilei child.
9. What was the surname of Galileo's lover and mother to his children?
10. Early the next year, a quarantine that would last ______ days was put into effect.
11. What was the name of Galileo's contact within the Vatican?
12. What word is often used in regards to the presence of the Sun?
13. Shortly after, Vincenzo and Sestilia announced the birth of their second child, a boy named:
14. How was the man killed?
(a) Burned at the stake.
15. Galileo went to work in the court of which royal?
(a) Guido Bruno.
(b) Cosimo de' Medici.
(c) Cardinal Allegretti.
(d) Pope John I.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was the first letter written from Maria to Galileo?
2. What was the name of the town where the convent was located?
3. Which of Galileo's books was finally published in 1630?
4. In what year was Galileo's daughter born?
5. What was the major complaint and source of illness at the convent?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)