|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Galileo stay in Rome?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 5 weeks.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 6 weeks.
2. Which famous man was killed in the same year she was born?
(a) Da Vinci.
3. How many copies of the book were published once it was approved?
4. What is it called when a nun is required to stay inside the convent compound at all times?
5. For some unknown reason Galileo did not save all of Maria Celeste's letters during that year. How many letters did Galileo manage to save?
6. In addition to regular financial aid, Galileo began to work as a ______ at the convent.
7. What was the name of Galileo's contact within the Vatican?
8. It was intended that the girl stay in the convent until her parents could find:
(a) An adoptive family.
(b) A husband.
(c) A place to live.
(d) Money for college.
9. What was the first name of Galileo's daughter before she was taken into the convent?
10. What is it called when someone commits a crime against God?
11. What was the name of Galileo's brother?
12. How long did it take before the printing was complete?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 9 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 6 months.
13. Which of the following was the main carrier of disease at this time?
14. How old was the Cardinal when he accepted the position of the Supreme Pontiff?
15. What word is often used in regards to the presence of the Sun?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the town where the friend lived?
2. What name did the second daughter adopt?
3. What was the name of the town where the convent was located?
4. Galileo was forced to travel to Rome to obtain which type of license?
5. What is it called when one builds a model of a new product?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)