|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the town where the friend lived?
2. Maria Celeste recalls being in the garden with her father learning about which of the following?
3. How many copies of the book were published once it was approved?
4. Unlike Galileo's daughters, the son was able to become recognized by the church after he had been:
5. Which Italian city seemed to be the only one spared from the epidemic?
6. What was the name of the youngest Galilei child.
7. What is the name of the order at the convent?
(a) Order of the Virgin Mary.
(b) Rule of Saint Clare.
(c) Convent of St. Lucia.
(d) Rule of the Holy Ghost.
8. When Galileo arrived in Rome, he was lodged at which of the following?
(a) College of Cardinals.
(b) Ambassadors Row.
(c) Tuscan Embassy.
(d) Medici Court.
9. For some unknown reason Galileo did not save all of Maria Celeste's letters during that year. How many letters did Galileo manage to save?
10. What is it called when one builds a model of a new product?
11. What new law began to frighten many of Galileo's colleagues?
(a) Mathematicians' Treatise.
(b) Heretic Law.
(c) Astronomers' Discourse.
(d) Edict of 1616.
12. Galileo was forced to travel to Rome to obtain which type of license?
13. One of the things that got the pope in trouble was his view regarding:
(a) Protestant Reformation.
(b) Jewish Re-education.
(c) Catholic Condemnation.
(d) Pagan Ostracizing.
14. Maria Celeste took on the role of teacher in which area?
15. It was intended that the girl stay in the convent until her parents could find:
(a) Money for college.
(b) An adoptive family.
(c) A place to live.
(d) A husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Galileo was eager to go to Rome to march with which prestigious group?
2. What was the affectionate nickname of this contact?
3. What is another name for a nun's living quarters?
4. What was the name of Galileo's host?
5. How long did Galileo stay in Rome?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)