|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the Pope's favorite passages of Galileo's work compares good philosophers to which bird?
2. What was the major complaint and source of illness at the convent?
(c) Sick children.
(d) Spoiled food.
3. What was the surname of Galileo's lover and mother to his children?
4. What was the affectionate nickname of this contact?
(a) Monsignor Crab.
(b) Brother Ghoul.
(c) Cardinal Creepy.
(d) Father Monster.
5. The author speaks at length of the war, which involved which country?
6. Which famous man was killed in the same year she was born?
(a) Da Vinci.
7. It was intended that the girl stay in the convent until her parents could find:
(a) A husband.
(b) A place to live.
(c) Money for college.
(d) An adoptive family.
8. Which of Galileo's books was finally published in 1630?
(a) From Here to the Stars.
(b) Discourse on Gravity.
(c) Dialogue on the Tides.
(d) Secrets of the Sun and Moon.
9. How old was Galileo when Marina died?
10. How long did Galileo stay in Rome?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
11. In what year was the first letter written from Maria to Galileo?
12. Which of the following was the main carrier of disease at this time?
13. Early the next year, a quarantine that would last ______ days was put into effect.
14. How old was Maria Celeste when she entered the convent?
15. What is another name for a nun's living quarters?
(c) State room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Maria Celeste took on the role of teacher in which area?
2. Maria Celeste recalls being in the garden with her father learning about which of the following?
3. Which Pope was often referred to as the "Poet Pope?"
4. How long did Galileo stay in Rome this time?
5. Which type of clock was invented by Galileo and another person?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)