Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Galileo stay in Rome?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 5 weeks.
2. Who would have the final say on the approval of the book?
3. Which of the following was the main carrier of disease at this time?
4. In 1627, Italy was on the brink of which upcoming skirmish?
(a) War of the Roses.
(b) Italian Cival War.
(c) Revolutionary War.
(d) Thirty Years War.
5. What is another name for a nun's living quarters?
(a) State room.
6. In what year was Galileo first told to desist on his astronomical work?
7. Who assisted Galileo and Maria Celeste in one particular project?
8. What is it called when one builds a model of a new product?
9. What was the name of Galileo's brother?
10. The pope was fond of another of Galileo's works, title:
(a) The Astronomer.
(b) The Assayer.
(c) The Academist.
(d) The Geologist.
11. Early the next year, a quarantine that would last ______ days was put into effect.
12. How was the man killed?
(a) Burned at the stake.
13. How many years did it take Galileo to write that particular work?
14. What new law began to frighten many of Galileo's colleagues?
(a) Edict of 1616.
(b) Astronomers' Discourse.
(c) Mathematicians' Treatise.
(d) Heretic Law.
15. The author speaks at length of the war, which involved which country?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many copies of the book were published once it was approved?
2. How long did Galileo stay in Rome this time?
3. In what year was Galileo's daughter born?
4. According to the law, it was likely that many people in Galileo's occupation would be considered to be which of the following?
5. What was the name of Galileo's host?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)