|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Galileo stay in Rome this time?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 2 months.
2. What is it called when someone discredits or speaks out against the church?
3. What was the name of Galileo's brother?
4. Galileo was forced to travel to Rome to obtain which type of license?
5. Which member of the Medici was installed as the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
6. What was the name of the town where the convent was located?
7. The letter was written to express condolences for the loss of ______, Galileo's sister.
8. Shortly after, Vincenzo and Sestilia announced the birth of their second child, a boy named:
9. What word is used to describe something that is opposite or against?
10. What caused the delay in Galileo's trip to the Vatican?
(a) Financial problems.
(c) Death in the family.
11. How was the man killed?
(a) Burned at the stake.
12. Galileo left his son with Marina and took his daughters to which Italian city?
13. Which item in Maria Celeste's room was in need of repair?
(a) Door handle.
14. Which person was eager to step forward to help the convent through their leanest hours?
15. One of the things that got the pope in trouble was his view regarding:
(a) Catholic Condemnation.
(b) Pagan Ostracizing.
(c) Jewish Re-education.
(d) Protestant Reformation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which type of clock was invented by Galileo and another person?
2. What was the surname of Galileo's lover and mother to his children?
3. Who assisted Galileo and Maria Celeste in one particular project?
4. What name did the second daughter adopt?
5. The son was intended to complete his education at a university in which city?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)