|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, In Care of the Tuscan Embassy, Villa Medici, Rome.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it called when someone discredits or speaks out against the church?
2. What is the standard title given to nuns at the convent?
3. In what year was the first letter written from Maria to Galileo?
4. Galileo was afraid to send books to Rome because they would be:
5. It is erroneously reported that Galileo was tried in which year?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1623, one of the following was named as the new pope. Which man was it?
2. One of the Pope's favorite passages of Galileo's work compares good philosophers to which bird?
3. What word is used to describe something that is opposite or against?
4. What was the major complaint and source of illness at the convent?
5. What caused the delay in Galileo's trip to the Vatican?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)