|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, In Care of the Tuscan Embassy, Villa Medici, Rome.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The man was killed, in part, for stating which of the following:
(a) Galileo should be canonized.
(b) Earth is not flat.
(c) There are other planets in the galaxy.
(d) Earth travels around the Sun.
2. It was intended that the girl stay in the convent until her parents could find:
(a) A husband.
(b) A place to live.
(c) An adoptive family.
(d) Money for college.
3. What was the name of the famous and extremely powerful family from that country?
4. Galileo was eager to go to Rome to march with which prestigious group?
(a) College of Cardinals.
(b) Lyncean Academicians.
(c) Roman Astronomers.
(d) Moravian Mathematicians.
5. One of the things that got the pope in trouble was his view regarding:
(a) Pagan Ostracizing.
(b) Jewish Re-education.
(c) Protestant Reformation.
(d) Catholic Condemnation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tragic affliction was responsible for the death of Prince Cesi?
2. What is another name for a nun's living quarters?
3. In 1623, one of the following was named as the new pope. Which man was it?
4. Galileo was determined to prove the theories of which famous scientist?
5. When Galileo arrived in Rome, he was lodged at which of the following?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)