|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, in Rome.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which type of clock was invented by Galileo and another person?
2. The pope was fond of another of Galileo's works, title:
(a) The Assayer.
(b) The Astronomer.
(c) The Geologist.
(d) The Academist.
3. The man was killed, in part, for stating which of the following:
(a) There are other planets in the galaxy.
(b) Earth travels around the Sun.
(c) Galileo should be canonized.
(d) Earth is not flat.
4. Which member of the Medici was installed as the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
5. Galileo was afraid to send books to Rome because they would be:
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the town where the friend lived?
2. Galileo went to work in the court of which royal?
3. What was the first name of Galileo's daughter before she was taken into the convent?
4. What was the name of the convent that housed two of Galileo's daughters?
5. Who assisted Galileo and Maria Celeste in one particular project?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)