|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, On Bellosguardo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Galileo's daughter born?
2. What was the name of the town where the convent was located?
3. What word is used to describe something that is opposite or against?
4. Galileo was eventually named head mathematician and philosopher to which of the following people?
(a) Archbishop of Canterbury.
(b) Pope Pius XII.
(c) Cardinal Richelieu.
(d) Grand Duke of Tuscany.
5. The son was intended to complete his education at a university in which city?
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused the delay in Galileo's trip to the Vatican?
2. How old was the Cardinal when he accepted the position of the Supreme Pontiff?
3. What was the name of the place Maria Celeste worked at the convent?
4. In 1623, one of the following was named as the new pope. Which man was it?
5. Unlike Galileo's daughters, the son was able to become recognized by the church after he had been:
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)