|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, To Florence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Maria Celeste when she entered the convent?
2. Galileo went to work in the court of which royal?
(a) Guido Bruno.
(b) Pope John I.
(c) Cosimo de' Medici.
(d) Cardinal Allegretti.
3. Maria Celeste recalls being in the garden with her father learning about which of the following?
4. The letter was written to express condolences for the loss of ______, Galileo's sister.
5. What was the surname of Galileo's lover and mother to his children?
Short Answer Questions
1. The son was intended to complete his education at a university in which city?
2. How was the man killed?
3. What is it called when someone discredits or speaks out against the church?
4. The man was killed, in part, for stating which of the following:
5. In what year was Galileo first told to desist on his astronomical work?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)