|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five, At Siena.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which type of clock was invented by Galileo and another person?
2. What is it called when a nun is required to stay inside the convent compound at all times?
3. The letter was written to express condolences for the loss of ______, Galileo's sister.
4. To which royal figure was the work dedicated?
(a) Crown Prince.
(b) Second Baron.
(c) Grand Duke.
(d) Viscount of Rome.
5. What was the name of Galileo's brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the convent that housed two of Galileo's daughters?
2. Maria Celeste hoped fervently that the Pope and others would dismiss the trial once they realized the extent of Galileo's _____.
3. The son was intended to complete his education at a university in which city?
4. What word is best used to describe a delay or block in an experiment?
5. What word is used to describe Galileo's trial?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)