|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five, At Siena.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maria Celeste continued to worry about the state of Galileo's ______.
(a) Family relationships.
2. What new law began to frighten many of Galileo's colleagues?
(a) Mathematicians' Treatise.
(b) Edict of 1616.
(c) Astronomers' Discourse.
(d) Heretic Law.
3. Where did Galileo stay to recuperate after the trial?
4. In 1627, Italy was on the brink of which upcoming skirmish?
(a) War of the Roses.
(b) Thirty Years War.
(c) Italian Cival War.
(d) Revolutionary War.
5. Anti-Catholics objected to the Pope rejecting Galileo's work solely on:
(a) Political pressure.
(b) Personal beliefs.
(c) Peer pressure.
(d) Biblical grounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the major complaint and source of illness at the convent?
2. What word is used to describe a long and arduous process?
3. Which of Galileo's books was finally published in 1630?
4. In what year did Galileo finally set off for the Vatican?
5. What was the name of the place Maria Celeste worked at the convent?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)