Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who claims that Galileo would damn him if he (Galileo) would not see him?
2. While waiting to hear news of the inquisition, what are the "Little Monk" and Federzoni doing?
3. What is Virginia sewing at the opening of Scene VIII?
4. What does Federzoni think has begun, "the hour of its birth," when the bell does not ring at the time the inquisitors thought it would?
5. At the opening of Scene IX, who is Galileo and Virginia waiting to be admitted by?
Many times, Galileo implied that a woman's place was not in the scientific world. Find at least two examples and discuss how these thoughts contradicted Galileo's teachings using textual evidence from the play.
Galileo was surrounded by students throughout most of the play. Choose the student that you found to be the most loyal and least loyal to Galileo. Compare two characters. Use textual evidence to support your answer.
Choose one of the scenarios that Galileo used to describe a statement or argument. Describe why the argument/statement worked to explain what Galileo was trying to say. What point was he trying to make? What was the example that he used to illustrate his meaning? How effective was the illustration?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)