Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who claims that Galileo would damn him if he (Galileo) would not see him?
2. While waiting to hear news of the inquisition, what are the "Little Monk" and Federzoni doing?
3. What is Virginia sewing at the opening of Scene VIII?
4. What does Federzoni think has begun, "the hour of its birth," when the bell does not ring at the time the inquisitors thought it would?
5. At the opening of Scene IX, who is Galileo and Virginia waiting to be admitted by?
Essay Topic 1
Courage is a theme masked by the scientific overtone of the play, but courage is relevant. Find three courageous moments during the play. Discuss the person who was courageous, why they were courageous, and what happened to them because of their courage. Cite examples from the text to support your statements.
Essay Topic 2
Galileo, even against the majority of society, honestly believed in his teachings. Find three examples about why Galileo believed that his teachings were correct and should be accepted by the Church and discuss their importance.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the scenarios that Galileo used to describe a statement or argument. Describe why the argument/statement worked to explain what Galileo was trying to say. What point was he trying to make? What was the example that he used to illustrate his meaning? How effective was the illustration?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)