|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What philosopher does Galileo and Andrea study in regard to objects floating?
2. What is the only thing that the people from the "Little Monk's" village knew about?
3. At the opening of Scene IX, who is Galileo and Virginia waiting to be admitted by?
(a) The Grand Duke.
(c) The Pope.
4. Why does Sarti tell Virginia to go to the University to see an astronomer?
(a) To prove her father's teachings true.
(b) To prove her father's teachings false.
(c) To seek a better husband.
(d) To cast her horoscope.
5. Who does the monk say that he has to have permission from before Galileo can see an eye doctor?
(a) Cardinal Bellarmin.
(b) The Rector.
(c) Monsignor Carpula.
(d) The Pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Galileo hide a copy of his Discorsi?
2. Where does Andrea say he is going to go when he leaves Italy to "take up scientific work"?
3. What does Signor Gaffone give to Virginia, "in mint condition," to give to her father?
4. Why does Andrea say that Galileo could not have stayed in the Republic?
5. What does the Inquisitor want to keep while "damning" Galileo's writings?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)