|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Galileo tell Virginia invited him to Padua?
(d) Rector Gaffone.
2. What does the Grand Duke want from Galileo when he and Virginia wait to be recognized?
(a) A manuscript.
(b) A pamphlet.
(c) A book.
(d) A model.
3. Who was Pope Urban VII, prior to receiving his papal name?
(a) Cardinal Bellarmin.
(b) The "Old Cardinal."
(d) Cardinal Barberini.
4. Why does Sarti tell Virginia to go to the University to see an astronomer?
(a) To prove her father's teachings true.
(b) To cast her horoscope.
(c) To seek a better husband.
(d) To prove her father's teachings false.
5. Where did Scene X open?
(a) Andrea's home.
(b) The Florentine Court.
(c) The court of the Holy Inquisition.
(d) An apartment in the Vatican.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Inquisitor want to keep while "damning" Galileo's writings?
2. Why does Andrea say that Galileo could not have stayed in the Republic?
3. Whose palace is the beginning of Scene IX set at?
4. Who claims that Galileo would damn him if he (Galileo) would not see him?
5. Why does Galileo tell Andrea that they could not investigate sunspots?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)