|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Galileo tell Andrea that they could not investigate sunspots?
(a) Because they "could not waste their time."
(b) Because they had "too much knowledge already."
(c) Because they were" not authorized by the Holy Court."
(d) Because they were "working on floating bodies."
2. Why does Andrea say that Galileo could not have stayed in the Republic?
(a) Because he could not study the ocean there.
(b) Because he could not write his book there.
(c) Because he could not publish his book there.
(d) Because he could not study the stars there.
3. Where does Andrea say he is going to go when he leaves Italy to "take up scientific work"?
4. Where did Scene X open?
(a) The Florentine Court.
(b) Andrea's home.
(c) The court of the Holy Inquisition.
(d) An apartment in the Vatican.
5. How old is Virginia in Scene XII?
(a) About 75.
(b) About 40.
(c) About 60.
(d) About 55.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the new Pope, at the opening of Scene VIII, want Galileo to study?
2. Who does the monk say that he has to have permission from before Galileo can see an eye doctor?
3. What type of language does the Inquisitor say that Galileo writes in?
4. What does the "Little Monk" tell Andrea about that Galileo always carries in his pocket?
5. At the end of Scene X, what has the Pope finished doing?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)