|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claims that Galileo would damn him if he (Galileo) would not see him?
(c) The "Little Monk."
2. While waiting to hear news of the inquisition, what are the "Little Monk" and Federzoni doing?
(a) Sinking iron needles in water.
(b) Watching ice float.
(c) Making models of the solar system.
(d) Playing chess.
3. What is Virginia sewing at the opening of Scene VIII?
(a) Linen napkins.
(b) A trousseau.
(c) A suit.
(d) A dress.
4. What does Federzoni think has begun, "the hour of its birth," when the bell does not ring at the time the inquisitors thought it would?
(a) The age of science.
(b) The age of open-minds.
(c) The age of reason.
(d) The age of Galileo.
5. At the opening of Scene IX, who is Galileo and Virginia waiting to be admitted by?
(c) The Grand Duke.
(d) The Pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What astrological sign does Virgina align with?
2. At the end of Scene X, what has the Pope finished doing?
3. To where does the "High Official" tell Galileo that he has to go to face the Holy Inquisition?
4. While speaking with the "Little Monk" about his family's life, what animal does Galileo talk about ?
5. What does the Pope tell the Inquisitor that Galileo could not say "no" to?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)