|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is it in the opening of Scene V?
2. How many years did Sarti work for Monsignor Filippo before working for Galileo?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 10 years.
3. When Sagredo asks Galileo about where God was, what is Galileo's answer?
(a) "On earth, buried deeply as to not be found."
(b) "In us, or nowhere."
(c) "On the moon."
(d) "On the brightest star."
4. How old is Galileo's daughter, Virginia, in Scene II?
(a) 12 years old.
(b) 15 years old.
(c) 17 years old.
(d) 11 years old.
5. According to Galileo, what "grows feeble from being abused"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the "Very Old Cardinal" call Galileo because of Galileo's claims?
2. What does Galileo say he bought instead of paying the milkman?
3. After finding out about Ludovico's interests, how much does Galileo say he is going to charge him for private tuition?
4. According to Galileo, who were the ones that were "no longer moved by reason"?
5. What invention does Ludovico tell Galileo about that he has just seen in Holland?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Galileo explain the illumination of the moon and earth to Sagredo?
2. Why does Ludovico seem upset with Galileo at the end of Scene II?
3. Why is Andrea's mother, Sarti, worried about Galileo teaching Andrea about the revolving of the Earth around the sun?
4. What is the relevance of the song at Cardinal Bellarmin's party?
5. Why does Galileo believe that he and Virgina need to move to Florence?
6. Why does the Inquisitor have the conversation between Galileo and Cardinal Bellarmin transcribed?
7. Why does Galileo believe that naming the new stars by the name Medici would allow him some leeway on his studies?
8. Why is Sagredo afraid for Galileo concerning Galileo's move to Florence?
9. What is the significance of Galileo telling the Court Clerks of the "new way" to play chess?
10. When Andrea questions Galileo about the Ptolemaic system model, what is Galileo's answer?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)