|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the "Very Thin Monk," what is equated with the home of the human race?
(b) The sun.
(c) The moons of Jupiter.
(d) A wondering star.
2. While at the ball, what chapter of the Bible do both Cardinal Bellarmin and Cardinal Barberini quote?
3. What year is it in the opening of the play?
4. What name does Galileo want to bestow on the new stars he found?
5. In the Ptolemaic system model, what does Galileo claim moved?
(b) Only the planets.
(c) Only the sun.
(d) Only the stars.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Galileo when he was arguing with the Curator about salary?
2. According to Galileo, if one believes in humanity, they believe in what?
3. Why does the Grand Duke of Tuscany come to Galileo's home?
4. What does Cosimo call Andrea as they fight over the models?
5. What is the date of the opening of Scene III?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Inquisitor have the conversation between Galileo and Cardinal Bellarmin transcribed?
2. Why does Galileo believe that he and Virgina need to move to Florence?
3. Describe the Ptolemaic system model that Galileo shows to Andrea.
4. What is the significance of Galileo telling the Court Clerks of the "new way" to play chess?
5. When Andrea questions Galileo about the Ptolemaic system model, what is Galileo's answer?
6. What does Galileo do to explain the movement of the Earth around the sun to Andrea?
7. Why is Andrea's mother, Sarti, worried about Galileo teaching Andrea about the revolving of the Earth around the sun?
8. Why does the Inquisitor tell Virginia that Galileo's new picture of the universe was harmful?
9. What does Galileo say fueled his desire to discover new philosophies?
10. Why is the Curator angry with Galileo after Galileo received his raise from the University with the Curator's help?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)