|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sagredo asks Galileo about where God was, what is Galileo's answer?
(a) "On earth, buried deeply as to not be found."
(b) "On the moon."
(c) "On the brightest star."
(d) "In us, or nowhere."
2. Who does the "Very Old Cardinal" claim was the "crown of creation"?
(a) The sun.
(b) The church.
3. How old is Galileo when he was arguing with the Curator about salary?
(a) 35 years old.
(b) 46 years old.
(c) 27 years old.
(d) 76 years old.
4. Where did Ludovico Marsili's letter say he has studied?
5. Where does Scene VI open?
(a) The Court of Florence.
(b) Cardinal Bellarmin's House in Rome.
(c) Galileo's home.
(d) Ludovico's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many globes surround the center stone?
2. What happens to Signor Giordano Bruno "because he was not a Venetian and also had no appointment here"?
3. Where does Galileo tell Sagredo that the light from the moon comes from?
4. Who does the Chamberlain say is the name of the Astronomer-in-Chief at the Papal College in Rome?
5. What are the globes on the Ptolemaic system model made of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ludovico seem upset with Galileo at the end of Scene II?
2. Why does Galileo refuse to let Virginia look through the telescope?
3. What lie does Galileo tell the Senators about the telescope to secure his raise at the University?
4. Why is Andrea's mother, Sarti, worried about Galileo teaching Andrea about the revolving of the Earth around the sun?
5. When Andrea questions Galileo about the Ptolemaic system model, what is Galileo's answer?
6. How does Galileo explain the illumination of the moon and earth to Sagredo?
7. Cardinal Barberini quoted Ecclesiastes, the Preacher, when he first addressed Galileo at the party. What is Galileo's response to the Cardinal?
8. What is the significance of Galileo telling the Court Clerks of the "new way" to play chess?
9. What does Galileo do to explain the movement of the Earth around the sun to Andrea?
10. Why does the Inquisitor have the conversation between Galileo and Cardinal Bellarmin transcribed?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)