Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claims that Galileo would damn him if he (Galileo) would not see him?
(c) The "Little Monk."
2. While waiting to hear news of the inquisition, what are the "Little Monk" and Federzoni doing?
(a) Sinking iron needles in water.
(b) Watching ice float.
(c) Making models of the solar system.
(d) Playing chess.
3. What is Virginia sewing at the opening of Scene VIII?
(a) Linen napkins.
(b) A trousseau.
(c) A suit.
(d) A dress.
4. What does Federzoni think has begun, "the hour of its birth," when the bell does not ring at the time the inquisitors thought it would?
(a) The age of science.
(b) The age of open-minds.
(c) The age of reason.
(d) The age of Galileo.
5. At the opening of Scene IX, who is Galileo and Virginia waiting to be admitted by?
(c) The Grand Duke.
(d) The Pope.
6. What astrological sign does Virgina align with?
(a) The Twins.
7. At the end of Scene X, what has the Pope finished doing?
(a) Reading Galileo's manuscript.
(b) Signing the inquisition.
(c) Getting dressed.
8. To where does the "High Official" tell Galileo that he has to go to face the Holy Inquisition?
9. While speaking with the "Little Monk" about his family's life, what animal does Galileo talk about ?
(a) A oyster.
(b) A scallop.
(c) A sea urchin.
(d) A crab.
10. What does the Pope tell the Inquisitor that Galileo could not say "no" to?
(a) "To an old friend or a new invention."
(b) "To an old idea and a new vision."
(c) "To an old friend and a new friend."
(d) "To an old wine or a new idea."
11. At the end of Scene Seven, the "Little Monk" told Galileo that he cannot understand what?
(a) A model.
(b) A sentence.
(c) A drawing.
(d) A word.
12. Why does Sarti tell Virginia to go to the University to see an astronomer?
(a) To prove her father's teachings false.
(b) To seek a better husband.
(c) To prove her father's teachings true.
(d) To cast her horoscope.
13. Who does Galileo say are his "favorite readings"?
(a) Aristotle and Plato.
(b) The Bible and Homer.
(c) Socrates and Homer.
(d) The Bible and Socrates.
14. What does Galileo claim the he knows the difference between when Vanni tells him he is "unable to distinguish your friends from your enemies"?
(a) Wealth and poverty.
(b) Science and religion.
(c) Imagination and reality.
(d) Power and impotence.
15. What kind of clock is Galileo presented with as a gift from Cardinal Bellarmin?
(a) Cellini clock.
(b) Atmos clock.
(c) Parliament clock.
(d) Lantern clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Pope Urban VII, prior to receiving his papal name?
2. Where does Scene VII open?
3. Where had the "Little Monk" grown up?
4. What type of language does the Inquisitor say that Galileo writes in?
5. What pages from Galileo's book do the Monks have?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)