|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Galileo tell the Curator would "save millions of scudi in navigation"?
(a) The telescope.
(b) New ocean maps.
(c) New star charts.
(d) New ships.
2. Where does Galileo place the Ptolemaic system for Andrea to find?
(a) In the broom closet.
(b) Under the table.
(c) Behind the star charts.
(d) In the teapot.
3. What is the monk play-acting? (in the opening of Scene V.)
(a) The he was looking at the sun through the telescope.
(b) The he was drunk.
(c) That the Earth was spinning too fast.
(d) The he was Galileo.
4. At the ball, what mask does Barberini wear? (Scene VI)
(a) That of a dove.
(b) That of a tiger.
(c) That of a mime.
(d) That of a jester.
5. What bell rings as Virginia entered her father's room? (Scene III)
(a) A bell for early Mass.
(b) A bell signaling lunch.
(c) A noon bell.
(d) An evening bell.
6. What is the name of the bailiff?
(a) Signor Parente.
(b) Signor Franco.
(c) Signor Franz.
(d) Signor Cambione.
7. What does the "Very Old Cardinal" call Galileo because of Galileo's claims?
(a) An enemy of the human race.
(b) A thief of religion.
(c) An enemy of God.
(d) The world's most knowledgable scientist.
8. Who does the "Very Old Cardinal" claim was the "crown of creation"?
(a) The sun.
(d) The church.
9. What does the First Scholar see that Galileo dropped?
(a) A coin.
(b) A stone.
(c) A crystal.
(d) A map.
10. Whom does the Inquisitor have taking a transcript of the conversation between Galileo and Cardinals Bellarmin and Barberini?
(a) The lady in waiting.
(b) The clerks playing chess.
11. What invention does Ludovico tell Galileo about that he has just seen in Holland?
(a) "That box that talks."
(b) "That funny tube."
(c) "The horn that hears."
(d) "The glass that sees."
12. How many stars does Galileo find revolved around Jupiter?
(a) 4 stars.
(b) 3 stars.
(c) 6 stars.
(d) 1 stars.
13. Who is Virginia's Father Confessor?
(a) Father Franz from Notre Dame.
(b) Father Michael from Saint Cornela.
(c) Father Steine from Saint Mercy.
(d) Father Christophorus from Saint Ursula.
14. What does the stone at the center of the Ptolemaic system model represent?
(b) The moon.
(c) The sun.
15. What does Ludovico tell Galileo were his interests?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Galileo, what "grows feeble from being abused"?
2. How old is Andrea in Scene I?
3. According to Galileo, if one believes in humanity, they believe in what?
4. How many years did Sarti work for Monsignor Filippo before working for Galileo?
5. What do Cosimo and Andrea break during their fighting on the floor?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)