|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Galileo's daughter, Virginia, in Scene II?
(a) 12 years old.
(b) 15 years old.
(c) 11 years old.
(d) 17 years old.
2. Who does Andrea tell his mother had "worked out" that the Earth went around the sun?
3. What is the name of the bailiff?
(a) Signor Franco.
(b) Signor Franz.
(c) Signor Parente.
(d) Signor Cambione.
4. Where does Galileo place the Ptolemaic system for Andrea to find?
(a) In the teapot.
(b) In the broom closet.
(c) Under the table.
(d) Behind the star charts.
5. Whom does the Inquisitor have taking a transcript of the conversation between Galileo and Cardinals Bellarmin and Barberini?
(b) The lady in waiting.
(d) The clerks playing chess.
6. How old is Galileo when he was arguing with the Curator about salary?
(a) 27 years old.
(b) 46 years old.
(c) 35 years old.
(d) 76 years old.
7. Where does Scene V open?
(b) Galileo's home.
(c) The marketplace in Florence.
(d) Hall of the Collegium Romanum in Rome.
8. Who does the Chamberlain say is the name of the Astronomer-in-Chief at the Papal College in Rome?
(a) Father Christopher Clavius.
(b) Father Franz Wistne.
(c) Father Micheal Measter.
(d) Father Christophe Cleminez.
9. How old is Andrea in Scene I?
(a) 10 years old.
(b) 14 years old.
(c) 8 years old.
(d) 12 years old.
10. In what city does Galileo teach mathematics in the opening of the play?
11. How much is the private tuition that Galileo initially was going to charge Ludovico?
(a) Fifteen scudi a month.
(b) Ten scudi a month.
(c) Fifty scudi a month.
(d) Five scudi a month.
12. What does Cosimo call Andrea as they fight over the models?
13. Who is Virginia's Father Confessor?
(a) Father Christophorus from Saint Ursula.
(b) Father Steine from Saint Mercy.
(c) Father Michael from Saint Cornela.
(d) Father Franz from Notre Dame.
14. How many fixed stars does Galileo tell Sagredo were in the constellation of Orion?
(a) 150 fixed stars.
(b) 700 fixed stars.
(c) 5,000 fixed stars.
(d) 500 fixed stars.
15. Who is Virginia speaking with at the end of Scene VI?
(a) The Inquisitor.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her fiance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Scene VI open?
2. After finding out about Ludovico's interests, how much does Galileo say he is going to charge him for private tuition?
3. What do the strips of paper on the Ptolemaic system model have written on them?
4. What do Cosimo and Andrea break during their fighting on the floor?
5. What name does Galileo want to bestow on the new stars he found?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)