|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When discussing Galileo's findings regarding the movement of stars, who did the Philosopher think Signer Federzoni was?
(a) Galileo's lens-grinder.
(b) Galileo's manservant.
(c) Galileo's student.
(d) Galileo's son-in-law.
2. Who does the "Very Old Cardinal" claim was the "crown of creation"?
(a) The church.
(d) The sun.
3. Which Dane determines the track of a comet?
(c) Cosimo Medici.
(d) Tycho Brahe.
4. What does the stone at the center of the Ptolemaic system model represent?
(b) The sun.
(d) The moon.
5. Where did Ludovico Marsili's letter say he has studied?
6. When, according to Galileo, does he "get most inspiration"?
(a) When he looked at the stars.
(b) When he read.
(c) When he thought about Virginia's dowry.
(d) When he ate.
7. According to Galileo, what "grows feeble from being abused"?
8. Who is Virginia's Father Confessor?
(a) Father Christophorus from Saint Ursula.
(b) Father Michael from Saint Cornela.
(c) Father Steine from Saint Mercy.
(d) Father Franz from Notre Dame.
9. What is the monk play-acting? (in the opening of Scene V.)
(a) The he was drunk.
(b) The he was looking at the sun through the telescope.
(c) That the Earth was spinning too fast.
(d) The he was Galileo.
10. What does Sarti hand to Galileo while he was telling her about the new discoveries in science?
(a) A letter of interest in Galileo's work.
(b) A letter of recommendation.
(c) A bill from the milkman.
(d) A bill from the bookstore.
11. According to the "Very Thin Monk," what is equated with the home of the human race?
(a) The moons of Jupiter.
(b) A wondering star.
(c) The sun.
12. In what country does the Curator tell Galileo that telescopes were sold in markets?
13. What chess piece does Galileo say took to "moving all over the board"?
(a) The King.
(b) The castle.
(c) The knight.
(d) The pawn.
14. What does Galileo tell Sagredo the spots on stars were?
15. What does Ludovico tell Galileo were his interests?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date of the opening of Scene III?
2. On what date did the inquisition put the Copernican teachings on the index?
3. What does Galileo use to represent the sun when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
4. What does Galileo tell Andrea to put on the table? (Scene I)
5. Who does the Scholar claim is drunk again-while play-acting with the Monk?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)