Short Answer Questions Key
1. What year is it in the opening of the play?
2. In what city does Galileo teach mathematics in the opening of the play?
3. What does Galileo tell Andrea to put on the table? (Scene I)
4. What is the name of the bailiff?
5. Where does Galileo place the Ptolemaic system for Andrea to find?
Behind the star charts.
6. What does the stone at the center of the Ptolemaic system model represent?
7. What are the globes on the Ptolemaic system model made of?
8. How many globes surround the center stone?
9. What do the strips of paper on the Ptolemaic system model have written on them?
Names of stars.
This section contains 4,150 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)