|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XIII - XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Scene IV open?
(a) The marketplace.
(b) Virginia's home.
(c) The University in Florence.
(d) Galileo's home in Florence.
2. What happens to Signor Giordano Bruno "because he was not a Venetian and also had no appointment here"?
(a) He was imprisoned.
(b) He was hung.
(c) He was banished from the city.
(d) He was burned at the stake.
3. What kind of clock is Galileo presented with as a gift from Cardinal Bellarmin?
(a) Lantern clock.
(b) Cellini clock.
(c) Atmos clock.
(d) Parliament clock.
4. What object does Andrea tell Galileo not to use because "You can prove anything with them"?
(a) A pear.
(b) An orange.
(c) A ball of yarn.
(d) An apple.
5. What does Andrea buy while he was signing papers for the clerk at the boundary?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Galileo when he was arguing with the Curator about salary?
2. What does Signor Gaffone give to Virginia, "in mint condition," to give to her father?
3. What does Galileo tell the Curator would "save millions of scudi in navigation"?
4. What, according to Andrea, do the people of Paris and Prague believe sunspots were?
5. When the "Little Monk" spent time with Galileo, while Galileo was in prison, to whom does Galileo compare his work?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)