|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XIII - XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the dates that Scene XII took place?
2. What year is it at the opening of Scene IX?
3. What is the last thing that Virginia says to Galileo?
(b) "No one."
4. Who does the Scholar claim is drunk again-while play-acting with the Monk?
(a) The Duke.
(b) Mother Earth.
5. Who does the Inquisitor say is an expert on instruments?
(a) Signor Galilei.
(b) Cardinal Barberini.
(c) Rector Gaffone.
(d) Signor Vanni.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Federzoni say he would rather do if Galileo recanted his teachings?
2. What does the Grand Duke want from Galileo when he and Virginia wait to be recognized?
3. Where does Scene VII open?
4. Who claims that Galileo would damn him if he (Galileo) would not see him?
5. According to Bellarmin, whose responsibility is it to interpret the Bible?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)