|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XIII - XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the boys say put the chest on the ground?
(a) The Devil.
(c) The witch.
(d) The clerk.
2. Where does Galileo place the Ptolemaic system for Andrea to find?
(a) In the broom closet.
(b) In the teapot.
(c) Under the table.
(d) Behind the star charts.
3. Who was Pope Urban VII, prior to receiving his papal name?
(a) The "Old Cardinal."
(b) Cardinal Barberini.
(c) Cardinal Bellarmin.
4. While talking to Andrea about the ships that had found new continents, what does Galileo call the "dreaded ocean"?
(a) A puddle.
(b) A pool.
(c) A pond.
(d) A lake.
5. What happens to Virginia at the end of Scene VIII?
(a) She fell down the stairs.
(b) She faints.
(c) She ran after Ludovico.
(d) She hit her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it in the beginning of Scene XIII?
2. What object does Andrea tell Galileo not to use because "You can prove anything with them"?
3. Why does Andrea leave the room when Galileo was asking the men from the courts to look through the telescope?
4. Who do the boys say helped the old witch to bewitch Andrea's chest?
5. What kind of oath does Galileo believe that scientists should have to create and take?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)