|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XIII - XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the boys ask Andrea about, given that he is a scholar?
(a) If one could fly through the air.
(b) If one could cast spells.
(c) If one could make things disappear.
(d) If magic was real.
2. What kind of clock is Galileo presented with as a gift from Cardinal Bellarmin?
(a) Lantern clock.
(b) Cellini clock.
(c) Parliament clock.
(d) Atmos clock.
3. Who does the monk say that he has to have permission from before Galileo can see an eye doctor?
(a) The Rector.
(b) Cardinal Bellarmin.
(c) The Pope.
(d) Monsignor Carpula.
4. Which Dane determines the track of a comet?
(c) Tycho Brahe.
(d) Cosimo Medici.
5. Why does Galileo claim "I, as a scientist, had a unique opportunity"?
(a) "I had my time in the sun."
(b) "In my days astronomy reached the market-places."
(c) "I knew when I had been beaten."
(d) "I knew that I had found the truth."
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it at the opening of Scene IX?
2. After the bell rang, who reads Galileo's recant on the street?
3. When discussing Galileo's findings regarding the movement of stars, who did the Philosopher think Signer Federzoni was?
4. What does Andrea buy while he was signing papers for the clerk at the boundary?
5. What year is it in the opening of the play?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)