|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XIII - XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Federzoni think has begun, "the hour of its birth," when the bell does not ring at the time the inquisitors thought it would?
(a) The age of reason.
(b) The age of science.
(c) The age of Galileo.
(d) The age of open-minds.
2. What does Galileo tell Sagredo the spots on stars were?
3. What does the "Very Old Cardinal" call Galileo because of Galileo's claims?
(a) A thief of religion.
(b) An enemy of the human race.
(c) An enemy of God.
(d) The world's most knowledgable scientist.
4. At the end of Scene Seven, the "Little Monk" told Galileo that he cannot understand what?
(a) A drawing.
(b) A model.
(c) A sentence.
(d) A word.
5. What do the boys ask Andrea about, given that he is a scholar?
(a) If one could fly through the air.
(b) If magic was real.
(c) If one could cast spells.
(d) If one could make things disappear.
Short Answer Questions
1. While waiting to hear news of the inquisition, what are the "Little Monk" and Federzoni doing?
2. Who does the Philosopher say is "Italy's and the Church's greatest astronomer"?
3. Why does Andrea leave the room when Galileo was asking the men from the courts to look through the telescope?
4. What year is it in the opening of Scene V?
5. In what city does Galileo teach mathematics in the opening of the play?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)