|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XIII - XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the First Scholar see that Galileo dropped?
(a) A map.
(b) A stone.
(c) A coin.
(d) A crystal.
2. Where does Galileo hide a copy of his Discorsi?
(a) In his bed.
(b) Behind his star charts.
(c) The globe.
(d) A false bottom in his desk.
3. What epicyclical orbit does Galileo draw on the blackboard when describing his discovery to the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
(b) The sun.
4. Why do the boys fail to see the chest, the one they claim is bewitched, at first?
(a) Andrea was sitting on it.
(b) Andrea had it behind the witch's hut.
(c) Andrea had it hidden on the coach.
(d) Andrea had it covered with his coat.
5. Who, from Amsterdam, wanted Andrea to ask about Galileo's health?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cosimo call Andrea as they fight over the models?
2. What author's name does Andrea give to the Frontier guard when he inquired about Galileo's book?
3. How old is Galileo's daughter, Virginia, in Scene II?
4. Who does the Scholar claim is drunk again-while play-acting with the Monk?
5. According to Galileo, if one believes in humanity, they believe in what?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)