|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XIII - XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country does the Curator tell Galileo that telescopes were sold in markets?
2. Where had the "Little Monk" grown up?
3. According the opening of Scene XII, where is Galileo living?
(a) In Virginia's home under lock and key.
(b) In Venice.
(c) In a country house near Florence.
(d) In a jail cell.
4. At the ball, what mask does Barberini wear? (Scene VI)
(a) That of a mime.
(b) That of a dove.
(c) That of a jester.
(d) That of a tiger.
5. What is the date of the opening of Scene III?
(a) January 10, 1590.
(b) January 10, 1610.
(c) April 17, 1615.
(d) April1, 1611.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bell rings as Virginia entered her father's room? (Scene III)
2. Why does the Grand Duke of Tuscany come to Galileo's home?
3. After the bell rang, who reads Galileo's recant on the street?
4. While Galileo is in with the inquisition, what is Virginia doing?
5. What object does Andrea tell Galileo not to use because "You can prove anything with them"?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)