|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XIII - XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Galileo place the Ptolemaic system for Andrea to find?
(a) In the broom closet.
(b) Behind the star charts.
(c) In the teapot.
(d) Under the table.
2. What do the boys ask Andrea about, given that he is a scholar?
(a) If one could make things disappear.
(b) If one could cast spells.
(c) If one could fly through the air.
(d) If magic was real.
3. In the Ptolemaic system model, what does Galileo claim moved?
(a) Only the sun.
(c) Only the planets.
(d) Only the stars.
4. According to Galileo, who were the ones that were "no longer moved by reason"?
(a) "The disciples of religion."
(b) "The dead."
(c) "The skeptics."
(d) "The men who turned their backs on science."
5. What astrological sign does Virgina align with?
(c) The Twins.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Galileo, if one believes in humanity, they believe in what?
2. Where did Ludovico Marsili's letter say he has studied?
3. What is the name of the bailiff?
4. What philosopher does Galileo and Andrea study in regard to objects floating?
5. What does Galileo tell the Curator would "save millions of scudi in navigation"?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)