|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XIII - XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Pope tell the Inquisitor that Galileo could not say "no" to?
(a) "To an old friend or a new invention."
(b) "To an old friend and a new friend."
(c) "To an old idea and a new vision."
(d) "To an old wine or a new idea."
2. Who does the monk say that he has to have permission from before Galileo can see an eye doctor?
(a) Cardinal Bellarmin.
(b) The Rector.
(c) Monsignor Carpula.
(d) The Pope.
3. What are the globes on the Ptolemaic system model made of?
4. What does the stone at the center of the Ptolemaic system model represent?
(b) The moon.
(d) The sun.
5. Who does the Chamberlain say is the name of the Astronomer-in-Chief at the Papal College in Rome?
(a) Father Christophe Cleminez.
(b) Father Micheal Measter.
(c) Father Christopher Clavius.
(d) Father Franz Wistne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Galileo use to represent the sun when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
2. What year is it in the beginning of Scene XIII?
3. Who do the children tell not to sit by the hut of the witch?
4. What does Galileo ask the men to trust when looking through the telescope at the stars?
5. While Galileo is in with the inquisition, what is Virginia doing?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)