|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XIII - XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ludovico tell Galileo were his interests?
2. What are the globes on the Ptolemaic system model made of?
3. How many months of pay does the Court owe Galileo? (in Scene Nine)
(a) 12 months pay.
(b) 3 months pay.
(c) 2 months pay.
(d) 6 months pay.
4. What does Signor Gaffone give to Virginia, "in mint condition," to give to her father?
(a) A letter of intent.
(b) A manuscript.
(c) A book.
(d) A copyright for the telescope.
5. Who does Andrea tell the boys to give the item he left when getting on the coach to?
(b) The clerk.
(d) The old woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What astrological sign does Ludovico align with?
2. What does Andrea buy while he was signing papers for the clerk at the boundary?
3. According to Galileo, when informed upon the Holy Office's findings, who accepted Galileo's observations?
4. Why does Galileo tell Virginia that they move to Florence?
5. What type of language does the Inquisitor say that Galileo writes in?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)