|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XIII - XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift is sent to Galileo by "someone passing through"? (Scene XII)
(a) Two ducks.
(b) Two geese.
(c) Two turkeys.
(d) Two rabbits.
2. How many books does Andrea have in the chest that the guard told him to open?
(a) 34 books.
(b) 54 books.
(c) 17 books.
(d) 21 books.
3. What fight does Galileo say is "ever and again lost through faith"?
(a) "The fight of the Roman housewife for milk."
(b) "The fight of the camel for water."
(c) "The fight of the star for light."
(d) "The fight of the water from the shore."
4. How many fixed stars does Galileo tell Sagredo were in the constellation of Orion?
(a) 700 fixed stars.
(b) 5,000 fixed stars.
(c) 150 fixed stars.
(d) 500 fixed stars.
5. Where does Andrea say he is going to go when he leaves Italy to "take up scientific work"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Galileo say are his "favorite readings"?
2. What does Galileo claim is ruining Virginia's complexion?
3. Who claims that Galileo would damn him if he (Galileo) would not see him?
4. What does the Grand Duke want from Galileo when he and Virginia wait to be recognized?
5. Where does Virginia say she will be married?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)