|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XIII - XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Galileo say he bought instead of paying the milkman?
2. Who does the Scholar claim is drunk again-while play-acting with the Monk?
(a) The Duke.
(b) Mother Earth.
3. What is Virginia sewing at the opening of Scene VIII?
(a) Linen napkins.
(b) A suit.
(c) A trousseau.
(d) A dress.
4. While waiting to hear news of the inquisition, what are the "Little Monk" and Federzoni doing?
(a) Watching ice float.
(b) Playing chess.
(c) Sinking iron needles in water.
(d) Making models of the solar system.
5. Where does Scene VII open?
(a) In the Palace of the Florentine Ambassador in Rome.
(b) In the Hall of Inquisition.
(c) Galileo's home.
(d) A monastery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Virginia's Father Confessor?
2. Who is singing at the opening of Scene XIII?
3. Whom does the Inquisitor have taking a transcript of the conversation between Galileo and Cardinals Bellarmin and Barberini?
4. At the end of Scene Seven, the "Little Monk" told Galileo that he cannot understand what?
5. Where did Scene X open?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)