|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XIII - XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What chess piece does Galileo say took to "moving all over the board"?
(a) The pawn.
(b) The knight.
(c) The King.
(d) The castle.
2. How many fixed stars does Galileo tell Sagredo were in the constellation of Orion?
(a) 5,000 fixed stars.
(b) 150 fixed stars.
(c) 500 fixed stars.
(d) 700 fixed stars.
3. What does Federzoni think has begun, "the hour of its birth," when the bell does not ring at the time the inquisitors thought it would?
(a) The age of Galileo.
(b) The age of reason.
(c) The age of science.
(d) The age of open-minds.
4. While at the ball, what chapter of the Bible do both Cardinal Bellarmin and Cardinal Barberini quote?
5. Why do the boys fail to see the chest, the one they claim is bewitched, at first?
(a) Andrea was sitting on it.
(b) Andrea had it covered with his coat.
(c) Andrea had it behind the witch's hut.
(d) Andrea had it hidden on the coach.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Virginia in Scene XII?
2. What gift is sent to Galileo by "someone passing through"? (Scene XII)
3. While waiting for Galileo's inquisition to finish, what does Andrea say he fears would never be completed?
4. After finding out about Ludovico's interests, how much does Galileo say he is going to charge him for private tuition?
5. What does Cosimo call Andrea as they fight over the models?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)