|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XIII - XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the opening of Scene IX, who is Galileo and Virginia waiting to be admitted by?
(b) The Pope.
(c) The Grand Duke.
2. What happens to Virginia at the end of Scene VIII?
(a) She faints.
(b) She ran after Ludovico.
(c) She hit her father.
(d) She fell down the stairs.
3. Where does Galileo place the Ptolemaic system for Andrea to find?
(a) In the broom closet.
(b) In the teapot.
(c) Behind the star charts.
(d) Under the table.
4. While speaking with the "Little Monk" about his family's life, what animal does Galileo talk about ?
(a) A crab.
(b) A oyster.
(c) A sea urchin.
(d) A scallop.
5. According to the "Very Thin Monk," what is equated with the home of the human race?
(a) The sun.
(c) The moons of Jupiter.
(d) A wondering star.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Pope Urban VII, prior to receiving his papal name?
2. Where did Ludovico Marsili's letter say he has studied?
3. What does the Curator say that Galileo had invented for the city, calling the invention "excellent"?
4. What does the "Little Monk" tell Andrea about that Galileo always carries in his pocket?
5. What does Andrea leave behind when leaving with the coachman?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)