|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XIII - XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What author has Galileo begun to read again? (Revealed by Galileo to the "Little Monk" during their conversation in Scene VII.)
2. According to Galileo, if one believes in humanity, they believe in what?
(b) "That mankind is the center of all."
(c) "Something bigger than himself."
(d) "Common sense."
3. In Scene XI, how many days does the "Little Monk" say that Galileo had been sitting in prison?
(a) 23 days.
(b) 13 days.
(c) 30 days.
(d) 47 days.
4. According to Galileo, who were the ones that were "no longer moved by reason"?
(a) "The dead."
(b) "The skeptics."
(c) "The disciples of religion."
(d) "The men who turned their backs on science."
5. What, according to Andrea, do the people of Paris and Prague believe sunspots were?
(a) Vapors from the sun.
(c) Swarms of stars.
(d) Surface winds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarti offer to the Grand Duke as his Court is leaving at the end of Scene IV?
2. What prediction does Galileo make to Andrea about astronomy?
3. What are the globes on the Ptolemaic system model made of?
4. While Galileo is in with the inquisition, what is Virginia doing?
5. Why does Galileo claim "I, as a scientist, had a unique opportunity"?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)