|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XIII - XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the "Little Monk" tell Andrea about that Galileo always carries in his pocket?
(a) A lock of Virginia's hair.
(b) A picture of Virginia.
(c) His touchstone.
(d) A drawing of his telescope.
2. Why does Galileo claim "I, as a scientist, had a unique opportunity"?
(a) "I knew when I had been beaten."
(b) "I had my time in the sun."
(c) "I knew that I had found the truth."
(d) "In my days astronomy reached the market-places."
3. What does the Pope tell the Inquisitor that Galileo could not say "no" to?
(a) "To an old friend and a new friend."
(b) "To an old friend or a new invention."
(c) "To an old idea and a new vision."
(d) "To an old wine or a new idea."
4. What does the Inquisitor want to keep while "damning" Galileo's writings?
(a) Star charts.
(b) The telescope.
(c) The ocean charts.
(d) The scientific mind.
5. While waiting to hear news of the inquisition, what are the "Little Monk" and Federzoni doing?
(a) Playing chess.
(b) Making models of the solar system.
(c) Watching ice float.
(d) Sinking iron needles in water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ludovico Marsili's letter say he has studied?
2. What year is it in the beginning of Scene XIII?
3. According to the person from the Grand Duke's Palace, what bell will ring when Galileo recants his teachings?
4. Who does the Scholar claim is drunk again-while play-acting with the Monk?
5. What does Galileo tell Vanni that he values after Vanni suggests that Galileo "take up flight"?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)