|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XIII - XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While waiting for Galileo's inquisition to finish, what does Andrea say he fears would never be completed?
(a) The Discorsi.
(b) The Galileo Model.
(c) The Star Charts.
(d) The Oceanic Maps.
2. Who is singing at the opening of Scene XIII?
3. Which Dane determines the track of a comet?
(b) Cosimo Medici.
(c) Tycho Brahe.
4. What does Galileo use to make the iron needle float on the surface of water without sinking?
(b) A string.
(c) A piece of paper.
(d) A piece of wax.
5. What is the monk play-acting? (in the opening of Scene V.)
(a) The he was drunk.
(b) The he was Galileo.
(c) That the Earth was spinning too fast.
(d) The he was looking at the sun through the telescope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prediction does Galileo make to Andrea about astronomy?
2. What does Galileo use to represent the sun when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
3. What is the name of the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
4. Who does Galileo tell Virginia invited him to Padua?
5. While waiting to hear news of the inquisition, what are the "Little Monk" and Federzoni doing?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)