|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XIII - XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Virginia say 'did not' send the present to Galileo?
(b) The Monk.
(c) The Pope.
2. While talking to Andrea about the ships that had found new continents, what does Galileo call the "dreaded ocean"?
(a) A lake.
(b) A puddle.
(c) A pond.
(d) A pool.
3. While Galileo is in with the inquisition, what is Virginia doing?
4. What does Andrea leave behind when leaving with the coachman?
(a) A jug.
(b) A coin.
(c) A book.
(d) A coat.
5. Who is singing at the opening of Scene XIII?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the ball, what mask does Barberini wear? (Scene VI)
2. In what country does the Curator tell Galileo that telescopes were sold in markets?
3. Who does Andrea tell his mother had "worked out" that the Earth went around the sun?
4. Who does the Chamberlain say is the name of the Astronomer-in-Chief at the Papal College in Rome?
5. What happens to Virginia at the end of Scene VIII?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)