|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Galileo when he was arguing with the Curator about salary?
(a) 35 years old.
(b) 27 years old.
(c) 76 years old.
(d) 46 years old.
2. Why does the Grand Duke of Tuscany come to Galileo's home?
(a) To talk to Santi.
(b) To see the telescope.
(c) To talk to Galileo about stars.
(d) To see Andrea.
3. Where does Scene V open?
(a) The marketplace in Florence.
(b) Hall of the Collegium Romanum in Rome.
(c) Galileo's home.
4. According to Vanni, how many books on agriculture were published, within the last year, in London?
(a) 2 books.
(b) 5 books.
(c) 8 books.
(d) 14 books.
5. What are the dates that Scene XII took place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Galileo tell Andrea to put on the table? (Scene I)
2. According to the "Very Thin Monk," what is equated with the home of the human race?
3. What type of language does the Inquisitor say that Galileo writes in?
4. How many years did Sarti work for Monsignor Filippo before working for Galileo?
5. What is the date of the opening of Scene III?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)