|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is it in the opening of Scene V?
2. What does Signor Gaffone give to Virginia, "in mint condition," to give to her father?
(a) A copyright for the telescope.
(b) A manuscript.
(c) A book.
(d) A letter of intent.
3. What epicyclical orbit does Galileo draw on the blackboard when describing his discovery to the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
(a) The sun.
4. What does the Pope tell the Inquisitor that he will not have destroyed?
(a) Galileo's writings.
(b) Aristotle's writings.
(c) Copernicus' writings.
(d) Mathematical cables.
5. According to the Curator, what republic refuses the Inquisition any say in scientific affairs?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Signor Giordano Bruno "because he was not a Venetian and also had no appointment here"?
2. What is the name of the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
3. What year is it in the opening of the play?
4. What philosopher does Galileo and Andrea study in regard to objects floating?
5. What does the "Little Monk" tell Andrea about that Galileo always carries in his pocket?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)