|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What philosopher does Galileo and Andrea study in regard to objects floating?
2. What does Sarti hand to Galileo while he was telling her about the new discoveries in science?
(a) A bill from the bookstore.
(b) A letter of recommendation.
(c) A letter of interest in Galileo's work.
(d) A bill from the milkman.
3. What astrological sign does Virgina align with?
(d) The Twins.
4. Which Dane determines the track of a comet?
(b) Tycho Brahe.
(c) Cosimo Medici.
5. When Sagredo asks Galileo about where God was, what is Galileo's answer?
(a) "In us, or nowhere."
(b) "On the moon."
(c) "On earth, buried deeply as to not be found."
(d) "On the brightest star."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Virginia sewing at the opening of Scene VIII?
2. Who does the Chamberlain say is the name of the Astronomer-in-Chief at the Papal College in Rome?
3. What pages from Galileo's book do the Monks have?
4. What year is it in the opening of the play?
5. Who does the Inquisitor say is an expert on instruments?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)