|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Scene VII open?
(a) A monastery.
(b) In the Palace of the Florentine Ambassador in Rome.
(c) In the Hall of Inquisition.
(d) Galileo's home.
2. According to Galileo, if one believes in humanity, they believe in what?
(a) "That mankind is the center of all."
(b) "Something bigger than himself."
(d) "Common sense."
3. When Sagredo asks Galileo about where God was, what is Galileo's answer?
(a) "In us, or nowhere."
(b) "On the brightest star."
(c) "On the moon."
(d) "On earth, buried deeply as to not be found."
4. What does the Pope tell the Inquisitor that he will not have destroyed?
(a) Galileo's writings.
(b) Mathematical cables.
(c) Copernicus' writings.
(d) Aristotle's writings.
5. What author has Galileo begun to read again? (Revealed by Galileo to the "Little Monk" during their conversation in Scene VII.)
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bailiff?
2. What invention does Ludovico tell Galileo about that he has just seen in Holland?
3. How old is Galileo's daughter, Virginia, in Scene II?
4. What does Sarti offer to the Grand Duke as his Court is leaving at the end of Scene IV?
5. In Scene XI, how many days does the "Little Monk" say that Galileo had been sitting in prison?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)