|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what day, did the opening of Scene XII, say that Galileo would be a prisoner of the Church?
(a) For 100 years.
(b) Until he died.
(c) For 50 years.
(d) For 30 years.
2. What does Galileo use to make the iron needle float on the surface of water without sinking?
(a) A string.
(b) A piece of paper.
(c) A piece of wax.
3. Who does Galileo tell Virginia invited him to Padua?
(b) Rector Gaffone.
4. What do Cosimo and Andrea break during their fighting on the floor?
(a) A star model.
(b) A chair.
(c) The Ptolemaic model.
(d) The telescope.
5. According to the person from the Grand Duke's Palace, what bell will ring when Galileo recants his teachings?
(a) The great bell of St. John.
(b) The great bell of St. Mark's.
(c) The great bell of St. Mercy.
(d) The great bell of St. Michael.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many fixed stars does Galileo tell Sagredo were in the constellation of Orion?
2. At the end of Scene X, what has the Pope finished doing?
3. What does Ludovico tell Galileo were his interests?
4. Why does Galileo tell Andrea that they could not investigate sunspots?
5. What does the Curator say that Galileo had invented for the city, calling the invention "excellent"?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)