|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the bell rang, who reads Galileo's recant on the street?
(a) The crier.
(c) The Pope.
2. What does the Grand Duke want from Galileo when he and Virginia wait to be recognized?
(a) A manuscript.
(b) A book.
(c) A model.
(d) A pamphlet.
3. On what date did the inquisition put the Copernican teachings on the index?
(a) December 25, 1616.
(b) March 15, 1616.
(c) April 1, 1618.
(d) October 28, 1629.
4. While Galileo is in with the inquisition, what is Virginia doing?
5. According to the Curator, what republic refuses the Inquisition any say in scientific affairs?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Galileo when he was arguing with the Curator about salary?
2. Who does Galileo tell Virginia invited him to Padua?
3. What happens to Virginia at the end of Scene VIII?
4. Who is Virginia speaking with at the end of Scene VI?
5. How old is Galileo's daughter, Virginia, in Scene II?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)