|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Federzoni think has begun, "the hour of its birth," when the bell does not ring at the time the inquisitors thought it would?
(a) The age of reason.
(b) The age of open-minds.
(c) The age of science.
(d) The age of Galileo.
2. What time do the people of the inquisition believe that Galileo would recant?
3. Where does Scene IV open?
(a) Galileo's home in Florence.
(b) Virginia's home.
(c) The University in Florence.
(d) The marketplace.
4. What does Galileo ask the men to trust when looking through the telescope at the stars?
(a) Their hearts.
(b) Their eyes.
(c) Their minds.
5. What does the "Little Monk" tell Andrea about that Galileo always carries in his pocket?
(a) His touchstone.
(b) A lock of Virginia's hair.
(c) A drawing of his telescope.
(d) A picture of Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Vanni say Galileo would be better off in Venice?
2. What does the Inquisitor want to keep while "damning" Galileo's writings?
3. What does Sarti offer to the Grand Duke as his Court is leaving at the end of Scene IV?
4. What, according to Andrea, do the people of Paris and Prague believe sunspots were?
5. At the ball, what mask does Barberini wear? (Scene VI)
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)