|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Scene VI open?
(a) Cardinal Bellarmin's House in Rome.
(b) The Court of Florence.
(c) Galileo's home.
(d) Ludovico's home.
2. Where does Scene VII open?
(a) In the Hall of Inquisition.
(b) A monastery.
(c) In the Palace of the Florentine Ambassador in Rome.
(d) Galileo's home.
3. Why does the Grand Duke of Tuscany come to Galileo's home?
(a) To talk to Galileo about stars.
(b) To see Andrea.
(c) To see the telescope.
(d) To talk to Santi.
4. How old is Galileo's daughter, Virginia, in Scene II?
(a) 11 years old.
(b) 15 years old.
(c) 17 years old.
(d) 12 years old.
5. What does Cosimo call Andrea as they fight over the models?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarti hand to Galileo while he was telling her about the new discoveries in science?
2. What astrological sign does Virgina align with?
3. At the opening of Scene IX, who is Galileo and Virginia waiting to be admitted by?
4. According to Galileo, when informed upon the Holy Office's findings, who accepted Galileo's observations?
5. What does the "Little Monk" tell Andrea about that Galileo always carries in his pocket?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)