|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Curator, what republic refuses the Inquisition any say in scientific affairs?
2. How old is Galileo when he was arguing with the Curator about salary?
(a) 76 years old.
(b) 35 years old.
(c) 27 years old.
(d) 46 years old.
3. What do Cosimo and Andrea break during their fighting on the floor?
(a) A star model.
(b) The telescope.
(c) The Ptolemaic model.
(d) A chair.
4. At the end of Scene X, what has the Pope finished doing?
(a) Getting dressed.
(c) Signing the inquisition.
(d) Reading Galileo's manuscript.
5. What is the monk play-acting? (in the opening of Scene V.)
(a) The he was drunk.
(b) The he was looking at the sun through the telescope.
(c) The he was Galileo.
(d) That the Earth was spinning too fast.
Short Answer Questions
1. While at the ball, what chapter of the Bible do both Cardinal Bellarmin and Cardinal Barberini quote?
2. How many months of pay does the Court owe Galileo? (in Scene Nine)
3. Why does Andrea say that Galileo could not have stayed in the Republic?
4. At the ball, what mask does Cardinal Bellarmin wear? (Scene VI)
5. What astrological sign does Virgina align with?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)