|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Virginia say she will be married?
2. What philosopher does Galileo and Andrea study in regard to objects floating?
3. What sickness was the "Old Gentlemen" discussing as they climbed the stairs to see the telescope?
(c) The plague.
(d) Larsen Sydnrome.
4. What does Galileo call a man who knows the truth and calls it a lie?
(a) A liar.
(b) A prophet.
(c) A fraud.
(d) A criminal.
5. What is the date at the opening of Scene XI?
(a) March 17, 1644.
(b) January 11, 1622.
(c) December 14, 1638.
(d) June 22, 1633.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ludovico tell Galileo were his interests?
2. Who does the "Very Old Cardinal" claim was the "crown of creation"?
3. What does Galileo tell Sagredo the spots on stars were?
4. At the end of Scene Seven, the "Little Monk" told Galileo that he cannot understand what?
5. Who does the Scholar claim is drunk again-while play-acting with the Monk?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)