|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date of the opening of Scene III?
(a) April 17, 1615.
(b) January 10, 1590.
(c) April1, 1611.
(d) January 10, 1610.
2. What do the Duke and his Court attend after leaving Galileo's home?
(a) A trial.
(b) An inquisition.
(c) A knighting.
(d) The Court Ball.
3. While speaking with the "Little Monk" about his family's life, what animal does Galileo talk about ?
(a) A crab.
(b) A oyster.
(c) A sea urchin.
(d) A scallop.
4. In what country does the Curator tell Galileo that telescopes were sold in markets?
5. Where does Scene IV open?
(a) Virginia's home.
(b) The marketplace.
(c) Galileo's home in Florence.
(d) The University in Florence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does Andrea tell Galileo not to use because "You can prove anything with them"?
2. Who did Galileo design a smelting-plant for?
3. Where does Scene V open?
4. While waiting for Galileo's inquisition to finish, what does Andrea say he fears would never be completed?
5. What does Galileo ask the men to trust when looking through the telescope at the stars?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)