|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Virginia's Father Confessor?
(a) Father Michael from Saint Cornela.
(b) Father Christophorus from Saint Ursula.
(c) Father Franz from Notre Dame.
(d) Father Steine from Saint Mercy.
2. Where does Scene IV open?
(a) Virginia's home.
(b) Galileo's home in Florence.
(c) The marketplace.
(d) The University in Florence.
3. Who does Galileo tell Virginia that he was afraid of?
(a) Rector Gaffone.
(b) The Inquisitor.
(d) The Pope.
4. According to Bellarmin, whose responsibility is it to interpret the Bible?
(b) The Pope's.
(c) The theologians of the Holy Church.
5. Who does the "Very Old Cardinal" claim was the "crown of creation"?
(a) The sun.
(b) The church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time do the people of the inquisition believe that Galileo would recant?
2. How many months of pay does the Court owe Galileo? (in Scene Nine)
3. Who does the monk say that he has to have permission from before Galileo can see an eye doctor?
4. According the opening of Scene XII, where is Galileo living?
5. According to Galileo, if one believes in humanity, they believe in what?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)