|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Galileo tell Virginia that he was afraid of?
(a) Rector Gaffone.
(b) The Pope.
(d) The Inquisitor.
2. What is Virginia sewing at the opening of Scene VIII?
(a) A trousseau.
(b) A suit.
(c) A dress.
(d) Linen napkins.
3. Where does Scene VI open?
(a) Galileo's home.
(b) Cardinal Bellarmin's House in Rome.
(c) Ludovico's home.
(d) The Court of Florence.
4. Where does Scene VII open?
(a) A monastery.
(b) Galileo's home.
(c) In the Hall of Inquisition.
(d) In the Palace of the Florentine Ambassador in Rome.
5. Why does the Grand Duke of Tuscany come to Galileo's home?
(a) To see Andrea.
(b) To talk to Galileo about stars.
(c) To talk to Santi.
(d) To see the telescope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pages from Galileo's book do the Monks have?
2. What does Sarti offer to the Grand Duke as his Court is leaving at the end of Scene IV?
3. What is the only thing that the people from the "Little Monk's" village knew about?
4. What happens to Signor Giordano Bruno "because he was not a Venetian and also had no appointment here"?
5. According to Galileo, if one believes in humanity, they believe in what?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)