|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bellarmin, whose teachings have been found, by the Holy Office, to be "futile, foolish and heretical"?
(a) Socrates' teachings.
(b) Copernicus' teachings.
(c) Galileo's teachings.
(d) Plato's teachings.
2. What are the dates that Scene XII took place?
3. What name does Galileo want to bestow on the new stars he found?
4. How many months of pay does the Court owe Galileo? (in Scene Nine)
(a) 2 months pay.
(b) 12 months pay.
(c) 3 months pay.
(d) 6 months pay.
5. According to Vanni, how many books on agriculture were published, within the last year, in London?
(a) 8 books.
(b) 2 books.
(c) 14 books.
(d) 5 books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Cosimo and Andrea break during their fighting on the floor?
2. What does the "Little Monk" tell Andrea about that Galileo always carries in his pocket?
3. What is the date at the opening of Scene XI?
4. What does Federzoni say he would rather do if Galileo recanted his teachings?
5. Why does Galileo tell Andrea that they could not investigate sunspots?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)