|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bellarmin, whose teachings have been found, by the Holy Office, to be "futile, foolish and heretical"?
(a) Socrates' teachings.
(b) Galileo's teachings.
(c) Plato's teachings.
(d) Copernicus' teachings.
2. What philosopher does Galileo and Andrea study in regard to objects floating?
3. How many globes surround the center stone?
(a) 9 globes.
(b) 10 globes.
(c) 12 globes.
(d) 8 globes.
4. Whom does the Inquisitor have taking a transcript of the conversation between Galileo and Cardinals Bellarmin and Barberini?
(c) The lady in waiting.
(d) The clerks playing chess.
5. What astrological sign does Ludovico align with?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what day, did the opening of Scene XII, say that Galileo would be a prisoner of the Church?
2. How old is Andrea in Scene I?
3. What do Cosimo and Andrea break during their fighting on the floor?
4. Who does the Philosopher say is "an authority recognized not only by the entire learning of antiquity, but also by the Holy Fathers of the Church"?
5. On what date did the inquisition put the Copernican teachings on the index?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)