|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When discussing Galileo's findings regarding the movement of stars, who did the Philosopher think Signer Federzoni was?
(a) Galileo's manservant.
(b) Galileo's student.
(c) Galileo's lens-grinder.
(d) Galileo's son-in-law.
2. According to Bellarmin, whose responsibility is it to interpret the Bible?
(a) The Pope's.
(c) The theologians of the Holy Church.
3. While speaking with the "Little Monk" about his family's life, what animal does Galileo talk about ?
(a) A oyster.
(b) A crab.
(c) A scallop.
(d) A sea urchin.
4. At the end of Scene X, what has the Pope finished doing?
(b) Getting dressed.
(c) Signing the inquisition.
(d) Reading Galileo's manuscript.
5. While at the ball, what chapter of the Bible do both Cardinal Bellarmin and Cardinal Barberini quote?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Curator, what republic refuses the Inquisition any say in scientific affairs?
2. Who does the Philosopher say is "Italy's and the Church's greatest astronomer"?
3. What type of language does the Inquisitor say that Galileo writes in?
4. What happens to Signor Giordano Bruno "because he was not a Venetian and also had no appointment here"?
5. How old is Andrea in Scene I?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)