|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many stars does Galileo find revolved around Jupiter?
(a) 4 stars.
(b) 3 stars.
(c) 1 stars.
(d) 6 stars.
2. When, according to Galileo, does he "get most inspiration"?
(a) When he thought about Virginia's dowry.
(b) When he read.
(c) When he ate.
(d) When he looked at the stars.
3. Why does Galileo tell Virginia that they move to Florence?
(a) So that he could sell his telescopes.
(b) So he could be the Court Mathematician.
(c) To find her a husband.
(d) To work for the University.
4. According the opening of Scene XII, where is Galileo living?
(a) In Virginia's home under lock and key.
(b) In a jail cell.
(c) In Venice.
(d) In a country house near Florence.
5. How old does Ludovico say the invention he saw in Holland was?
(a) A few hours old.
(b) A month old.
(c) A few days old.
(d) A week old.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many fixed stars does Galileo tell Sagredo were in the constellation of Orion?
2. What does Sarti hand to Galileo while he was telling her about the new discoveries in science?
3. What author has Galileo begun to read again? (Revealed by Galileo to the "Little Monk" during their conversation in Scene VII.)
4. What does Galileo ask the men to trust when looking through the telescope at the stars?
5. What bell rings as Virginia entered her father's room? (Scene III)
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)