|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the "Very Old Cardinal" call Galileo because of Galileo's claims?
(a) An enemy of the human race.
(b) A thief of religion.
(c) An enemy of God.
(d) The world's most knowledgable scientist.
2. Where did Ludovico Marsili's letter say he has studied?
3. How many months of pay does the Court owe Galileo? (in Scene Nine)
(a) 3 months pay.
(b) 12 months pay.
(c) 2 months pay.
(d) 6 months pay.
4. What name does Galileo want to bestow on the new stars he found?
5. What does Galileo call a man who knows the truth and calls it a lie?
(a) A criminal.
(b) A prophet.
(c) A liar.
(d) A fraud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Signor Gaffone give to Virginia, "in mint condition," to give to her father?
2. What does Sarti hand to Galileo while he was telling her about the new discoveries in science?
3. Where does Scene VII open?
4. What is the only thing that the people from the "Little Monk's" village knew about?
5. Who does Andrea tell his mother had "worked out" that the Earth went around the sun?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)