|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date at the opening of Scene XI?
(a) June 22, 1633.
(b) March 17, 1644.
(c) January 11, 1622.
(d) December 14, 1638.
2. What astrological sign does Virgina align with?
(c) The Twins.
3. What does Galileo tell Sagredo the spots on stars were?
4. What object does Andrea tell Galileo not to use because "You can prove anything with them"?
(a) A ball of yarn.
(b) An apple.
(c) An orange.
(d) A pear.
5. Who claims that Galileo would damn him if he (Galileo) would not see him?
(d) The "Little Monk."
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of clock is Galileo presented with as a gift from Cardinal Bellarmin?
2. According to Galileo, who were the ones that were "no longer moved by reason"?
3. When discussing Galileo's findings regarding the movement of stars, who did the Philosopher think Signer Federzoni was?
4. What does Galileo tell the Curator would "save millions of scudi in navigation"?
5. Who is Virginia speaking with at the end of Scene VI?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)