|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Virginia's Father Confessor?
(a) Father Christophorus from Saint Ursula.
(b) Father Franz from Notre Dame.
(c) Father Michael from Saint Cornela.
(d) Father Steine from Saint Mercy.
2. According to Vanni, how many books on agriculture were published, within the last year, in London?
(a) 5 books.
(b) 8 books.
(c) 2 books.
(d) 14 books.
3. What does Galileo use to make the iron needle float on the surface of water without sinking?
(a) A piece of wax.
(b) A piece of paper.
(d) A string.
4. According to Galileo, what "grows feeble from being abused"?
5. What time do the people of the inquisition believe that Galileo would recant?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the dates that Scene XII took place?
2. What is Virginia sewing at the opening of Scene VIII?
3. Why does Andrea say that Galileo could not have stayed in the Republic?
4. Where does Scene V open?
5. According to Galileo, what gives the "Little Monk" the right to say whatever he wishes?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)