|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the "Very Old Cardinal" claim was the "crown of creation"?
(a) The church.
(d) The sun.
2. According to Galileo, what "grows feeble from being abused"?
3. What does Galileo tell Vanni that he values after Vanni suggests that Galileo "take up flight"?
4. Where does Galileo tell Sagredo that the light from the moon comes from?
(a) The sun.
(c) The moon.
5. Why does the Grand Duke of Tuscany come to Galileo's home?
(a) To see Andrea.
(b) To see the telescope.
(c) To talk to Santi.
(d) To talk to Galileo about stars.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the "Very Thin Monk," what is equated with the home of the human race?
2. After finding out about Ludovico's interests, how much does Galileo say he is going to charge him for private tuition?
3. What happens to Signor Giordano Bruno "because he was not a Venetian and also had no appointment here"?
4. What, according to Andrea, do the people of Paris and Prague believe sunspots were?
5. What are the dates that Scene XII took place?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)