|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift is sent to Galileo by "someone passing through"? (Scene XII)
(a) Two turkeys.
(b) Two rabbits.
(c) Two ducks.
(d) Two geese.
2. What is the name of the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
(a) His Royal Highness of Tuscany.
(c) Signor Ragsord.
(d) Cosimo de' Medici.
3. What does Galileo call a man who knows the truth and calls it a lie?
(a) A prophet.
(b) A fraud.
(c) A criminal.
(d) A liar.
4. Which Dane determines the track of a comet?
(b) Tycho Brahe.
(c) Cosimo Medici.
5. According the opening of Scene XII, where is Galileo living?
(a) In a jail cell.
(b) In Venice.
(c) In Virginia's home under lock and key.
(d) In a country house near Florence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing that the people from the "Little Monk's" village knew about?
2. What does Galileo ask the men to trust when looking through the telescope at the stars?
3. What object does Andrea tell Galileo not to use because "You can prove anything with them"?
4. Who claims that Galileo would damn him if he (Galileo) would not see him?
5. What invention does Ludovico tell Galileo about that he has just seen in Holland?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)