|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Galileo tell Virginia that they move to Florence?
(a) So he could be the Court Mathematician.
(b) To find her a husband.
(c) So that he could sell his telescopes.
(d) To work for the University.
2. Where does Scene V open?
(b) Hall of the Collegium Romanum in Rome.
(c) Galileo's home.
(d) The marketplace in Florence.
3. What do Cosimo and Andrea break during their fighting on the floor?
(a) The Ptolemaic model.
(b) A chair.
(c) A star model.
(d) The telescope.
4. What, according to Andrea, do the people of Paris and Prague believe sunspots were?
(a) Swarms of stars.
(b) Surface winds.
(d) Vapors from the sun.
5. What does Federzoni say he would rather do if Galileo recanted his teachings?
(a) Recant his own beliefs.
(b) Stay in Rome.
(c) Not live.
(d) Give up science.
Short Answer Questions
1. What chess piece does Galileo say took to "moving all over the board"?
2. What are the globes on the Ptolemaic system model made of?
3. What does Galileo claim the he knows the difference between when Vanni tells him he is "unable to distinguish your friends from your enemies"?
4. To where does the "High Official" tell Galileo that he has to go to face the Holy Inquisition?
5. Where did Scene XI take place?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)