|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes IX - X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the "Very Thin Monk," what is equated with the home of the human race?
(b) The moons of Jupiter.
(c) A wondering star.
(d) The sun.
2. Who does the "Very Old Cardinal" claim was the "crown of creation"?
(a) The church.
(c) The sun.
3. Why does the Grand Duke of Tuscany come to Galileo's home?
(a) To talk to Santi.
(b) To talk to Galileo about stars.
(c) To see the telescope.
(d) To see Andrea.
4. At the end of Scene Seven, the "Little Monk" told Galileo that he cannot understand what?
(a) A sentence.
(b) A drawing.
(c) A word.
(d) A model.
5. Who does Galileo tell Virginia that he was afraid of?
(a) The Pope.
(c) Rector Gaffone.
(d) The Inquisitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prediction does Galileo make to Andrea about astronomy?
2. What is the name of the bailiff?
3. What do the Duke and his Court attend after leaving Galileo's home?
4. Who does the Inquisitor say is an expert on instruments?
5. What do Cosimo and Andrea break during their fighting on the floor?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)