|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes IX - X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Galileo when he was arguing with the Curator about salary?
(a) 35 years old.
(b) 27 years old.
(c) 76 years old.
(d) 46 years old.
2. What does the Curator say that Galileo had invented for the city, calling the invention "excellent"?
(a) A water pump.
(b) A telescope.
(c) A drainage system.
(d) A clock.
3. While talking to Andrea about the ships that had found new continents, what does Galileo call the "dreaded ocean"?
(a) A pool.
(b) A pond.
(c) A lake.
(d) A puddle.
4. What do Cosimo and Andrea break during their fighting on the floor?
(a) A star model.
(b) A chair.
(c) The Ptolemaic model.
(d) The telescope.
5. What prediction does Galileo make to Andrea about astronomy?
(a) That "astronomy will never falter him."
(b) That "astronomy will be challenged again and again."
(c) That "astronomy will be talked about in the market-places."
(d) That "astronomy will be honored by Kings and Queens."
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Vanni, how many books on agriculture were published, within the last year, in London?
2. When Sagredo asks Galileo about where God was, what is Galileo's answer?
3. Who does the "Very Old Cardinal" claim was the "crown of creation"?
4. Who does the Chamberlain say is the name of the Astronomer-in-Chief at the Papal College in Rome?
5. Why does Galileo tell Andrea that they could not investigate sunspots?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)