|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes IX - X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cosimo call Andrea as they fight over the models?
2. What is the name of the bailiff?
(a) Signor Franz.
(b) Signor Parente.
(c) Signor Franco.
(d) Signor Cambione.
3. What does Galileo tell Sagredo the spots on stars were?
4. Who is Virginia speaking with at the end of Scene VI?
(b) Her father.
(c) The Inquisitor.
(d) Her fiance.
5. How old is Andrea in Scene I?
(a) 8 years old.
(b) 10 years old.
(c) 14 years old.
(d) 12 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Galileo tell Virginia invited him to Padua?
2. What does Galileo use to make the iron needle float on the surface of water without sinking?
3. Where did Scene X open?
4. What epicyclical orbit does Galileo draw on the blackboard when describing his discovery to the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
5. What does the Curator say that Galileo had invented for the city, calling the invention "excellent"?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)