|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes IX - X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much is the private tuition that Galileo initially was going to charge Ludovico?
(a) Fifteen scudi a month.
(b) Fifty scudi a month.
(c) Five scudi a month.
(d) Ten scudi a month.
2. What prediction does Galileo make to Andrea about astronomy?
(a) That "astronomy will be challenged again and again."
(b) That "astronomy will be talked about in the market-places."
(c) That "astronomy will be honored by Kings and Queens."
(d) That "astronomy will never falter him."
3. According to Galileo, what "grows feeble from being abused"?
4. What year is it at the opening of Scene IX?
5. How old does Ludovico say the invention he saw in Holland was?
(a) A week old.
(b) A month old.
(c) A few hours old.
(d) A few days old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Signor Giordano Bruno "because he was not a Venetian and also had no appointment here"?
2. In the Ptolemaic system model, what does Galileo claim moved?
3. Where does Galileo place the Ptolemaic system for Andrea to find?
4. What do the Duke and his Court attend after leaving Galileo's home?
5. What is the name of the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)