|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes IX - X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Virginia speaking with at the end of Scene VI?
(a) The Inquisitor.
(b) Her fiance.
(d) Her father.
2. At the end of Scene IX, what awaits Galileo?
(a) The coach of the Holy Inquisition.
(b) His Highness, the Grand Duke.
(c) The Florentine Court.
3. While speaking with the "Little Monk" about his family's life, what animal does Galileo talk about ?
(a) A scallop.
(b) A crab.
(c) A sea urchin.
(d) A oyster.
4. What does the Pope tell the Inquisitor that Galileo could not say "no" to?
(a) "To an old friend or a new invention."
(b) "To an old idea and a new vision."
(c) "To an old wine or a new idea."
(d) "To an old friend and a new friend."
5. What does Galileo tell Vanni that he values after Vanni suggests that Galileo "take up flight"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Galileo claim the he knows the difference between when Vanni tells him he is "unable to distinguish your friends from your enemies"?
2. In what city does Galileo teach mathematics in the opening of the play?
3. What epicyclical orbit does Galileo draw on the blackboard when describing his discovery to the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
4. How many globes surround the center stone?
5. Where does Scene V open?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)