|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes IX - X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Signor Giordano Bruno "because he was not a Venetian and also had no appointment here"?
(a) He was banished from the city.
(b) He was imprisoned.
(c) He was burned at the stake.
(d) He was hung.
2. When Sagredo asks Galileo about where God was, what is Galileo's answer?
(a) "On the moon."
(b) "In us, or nowhere."
(c) "On the brightest star."
(d) "On earth, buried deeply as to not be found."
3. What does Signor Gaffone give to Virginia, "in mint condition," to give to her father?
(a) A manuscript.
(b) A copyright for the telescope.
(c) A letter of intent.
(d) A book.
4. How old is Galileo's daughter, Virginia, in Scene II?
(a) 12 years old.
(b) 11 years old.
(c) 15 years old.
(d) 17 years old.
5. Why does Sarti tell Virginia to go to the University to see an astronomer?
(a) To prove her father's teachings false.
(b) To cast her horoscope.
(c) To seek a better husband.
(d) To prove her father's teachings true.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Galileo place the Ptolemaic system for Andrea to find?
2. While at the ball, what chapter of the Bible do both Cardinal Bellarmin and Cardinal Barberini quote?
3. According to Galileo, if one believes in humanity, they believe in what?
4. How old does Ludovico say the invention he saw in Holland was?
5. According to Galileo, what gives the "Little Monk" the right to say whatever he wishes?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)