|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes IX - X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city does Galileo teach mathematics in the opening of the play?
2. When Sagredo asks Galileo about where God was, what is Galileo's answer?
(a) "On the moon."
(b) "In us, or nowhere."
(c) "On earth, buried deeply as to not be found."
(d) "On the brightest star."
3. When discussing Galileo's findings regarding the movement of stars, who did the Philosopher think Signer Federzoni was?
(a) Galileo's student.
(b) Galileo's lens-grinder.
(c) Galileo's son-in-law.
(d) Galileo's manservant.
4. According to the "Very Thin Monk," what is equated with the home of the human race?
(b) The sun.
(c) A wondering star.
(d) The moons of Jupiter.
5. What does Galileo call a man who knows the truth and calls it a lie?
(a) A prophet.
(b) A fraud.
(c) A liar.
(d) A criminal.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Ptolemaic system model, what does Galileo claim moved?
2. Why does Vanni say Galileo would be better off in Venice?
3. Why does Sarti tell Virginia to go to the University to see an astronomer?
4. Who was Pope Urban VII, prior to receiving his papal name?
5. Where does Galileo place the Ptolemaic system for Andrea to find?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)