|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes IX - X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the ball, what mask does Barberini wear? (Scene VI)
(a) That of a mime.
(b) That of a jester.
(c) That of a dove.
(d) That of a tiger.
2. What happens to Virginia at the end of Scene VIII?
(a) She faints.
(b) She hit her father.
(c) She ran after Ludovico.
(d) She fell down the stairs.
3. What manuscripts does Galileo give to the "Little Monk"?
(a) Papers on evolution.
(b) Papers on the inquiry of time.
(c) Papers on the sun being the center of the universe.
(d) Papers on why the ocean moves in ebb and flood.
4. What chess piece does Galileo say took to "moving all over the board"?
(a) The pawn.
(b) The knight.
(c) The castle.
(d) The King.
5. Where had the "Little Monk" grown up?
Short Answer Questions
1. When, according to Galileo, does he "get most inspiration"?
2. How much is the private tuition that Galileo initially was going to charge Ludovico?
3. What does the Grand Duke want from Galileo when he and Virginia wait to be recognized?
4. According to Galileo, if one believes in humanity, they believe in what?
5. Who does the Chamberlain say is the name of the Astronomer-in-Chief at the Papal College in Rome?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)