|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes IX - X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Galileo tell the Curator would "save millions of scudi in navigation"?
(a) New ocean maps.
(b) New ships.
(c) New star charts.
(d) The telescope.
2. What epicyclical orbit does Galileo draw on the blackboard when describing his discovery to the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
(b) The sun.
3. Who claims that Galileo would damn him if he (Galileo) would not see him?
(d) The "Little Monk."
4. Why does Galileo tell Andrea that they could not investigate sunspots?
(a) Because they were "working on floating bodies."
(b) Because they "could not waste their time."
(c) Because they were" not authorized by the Holy Court."
(d) Because they had "too much knowledge already."
5. What are the globes on the Ptolemaic system model made of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Galileo tell Virginia that he was afraid of?
2. Where does Galileo tell Sagredo that the light from the moon comes from?
3. What type of language does the Inquisitor say that Galileo writes in?
4. What does the Inquisitor want to keep while "damning" Galileo's writings?
5. Why does Sarti tell Virginia to go to the University to see an astronomer?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)