|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes IX - X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Grand Duke want from Galileo when he and Virginia wait to be recognized?
(a) A manuscript.
(b) A pamphlet.
(c) A book.
(d) A model.
2. According to Galileo, what "grows feeble from being abused"?
3. What astrological sign does Ludovico align with?
4. What does Galileo tell Sagredo the spots on stars were?
5. Who did Galileo design a smelting-plant for?
(b) Signor Vanni.
(c) Rector Gaffone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Vanni say Galileo would be better off in Venice?
2. What is the name of the bailiff?
3. Who does the Philosopher say is "an authority recognized not only by the entire learning of antiquity, but also by the Holy Fathers of the Church"?
4. What does Ludovico tell Galileo were his interests?
5. What bell rings as Virginia entered her father's room? (Scene III)
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)