|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes IX - X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bellarmin, whose teachings have been found, by the Holy Office, to be "futile, foolish and heretical"?
(a) Socrates' teachings.
(b) Copernicus' teachings.
(c) Galileo's teachings.
(d) Plato's teachings.
2. In what country does the Curator tell Galileo that telescopes were sold in markets?
3. Who claims that Galileo would damn him if he (Galileo) would not see him?
(c) The "Little Monk."
4. What does the Curator say that Galileo had invented for the city, calling the invention "excellent"?
(a) A clock.
(b) A drainage system.
(c) A telescope.
(d) A water pump.
5. What does the Pope tell the Inquisitor that he will not have destroyed?
(a) Copernicus' writings.
(b) Mathematical cables.
(c) Aristotle's writings.
(d) Galileo's writings.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the ball, what mask does Cardinal Bellarmin wear? (Scene VI)
2. Who does Galileo say are his "favorite readings"?
3. While speaking with the "Little Monk" about his family's life, what animal does Galileo talk about ?
4. According to Galileo, what "grows feeble from being abused"?
5. What is Virginia sewing at the opening of Scene VIII?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)