|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes IX - X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Galileo call a man who knows the truth and calls it a lie?
(a) A criminal.
(b) A prophet.
(c) A fraud.
(d) A liar.
2. Where does Virginia say she will be married?
3. What does Galileo claim the he knows the difference between when Vanni tells him he is "unable to distinguish your friends from your enemies"?
(a) Wealth and poverty.
(b) Imagination and reality.
(c) Science and religion.
(d) Power and impotence.
4. What does Galileo tell Vanni that he values after Vanni suggests that Galileo "take up flight"?
5. What do Cosimo and Andrea break during their fighting on the floor?
(a) The Ptolemaic model.
(b) A chair.
(c) A star model.
(d) The telescope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What invention does Ludovico tell Galileo about that he has just seen in Holland?
2. What does the First Scholar see that Galileo dropped?
3. What object does Andrea tell Galileo not to use because "You can prove anything with them"?
4. What epicyclical orbit does Galileo draw on the blackboard when describing his discovery to the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
5. How many months of pay does the Court owe Galileo? (in Scene Nine)
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)