|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes IX - X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Dane determines the track of a comet?
(a) Cosimo Medici.
(d) Tycho Brahe.
2. What does the Pope tell the Inquisitor that Galileo could not say "no" to?
(a) "To an old idea and a new vision."
(b) "To an old friend or a new invention."
(c) "To an old wine or a new idea."
(d) "To an old friend and a new friend."
3. In the Ptolemaic system model, what does Galileo claim moved?
(a) Only the planets.
(b) Only the stars.
(d) Only the sun.
4. What is the date of the opening of Scene III?
(a) January 10, 1590.
(b) April 17, 1615.
(c) April1, 1611.
(d) January 10, 1610.
5. How old is Galileo when he was arguing with the Curator about salary?
(a) 27 years old.
(b) 46 years old.
(c) 76 years old.
(d) 35 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Philosopher say is "an authority recognized not only by the entire learning of antiquity, but also by the Holy Fathers of the Church"?
2. At the end of Scene X, what has the Pope finished doing?
3. Who was Pope Urban VII, prior to receiving his papal name?
4. How many months of pay does the Court owe Galileo? (in Scene Nine)
5. Where had the "Little Monk" grown up?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)