|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes IX - X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Signor Giordano Bruno "because he was not a Venetian and also had no appointment here"?
(a) He was banished from the city.
(b) He was imprisoned.
(c) He was hung.
(d) He was burned at the stake.
2. Who was Pope Urban VII, prior to receiving his papal name?
(a) The "Old Cardinal."
(b) Cardinal Barberini.
(d) Cardinal Bellarmin.
3. How old is Galileo when he was arguing with the Curator about salary?
(a) 35 years old.
(b) 46 years old.
(c) 76 years old.
(d) 27 years old.
4. What does Galileo use to make the iron needle float on the surface of water without sinking?
(a) A piece of paper.
(b) A string.
(d) A piece of wax.
5. What does Galileo claim the he knows the difference between when Vanni tells him he is "unable to distinguish your friends from your enemies"?
(a) Power and impotence.
(b) Imagination and reality.
(c) Wealth and poverty.
(d) Science and religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarti hand to Galileo while he was telling her about the new discoveries in science?
2. While talking to Andrea about the ships that had found new continents, what does Galileo call the "dreaded ocean"?
3. What does Cosimo call Andrea as they fight over the models?
4. What year is it in the opening of the play?
5. What does Galileo call a man who knows the truth and calls it a lie?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)