|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes IX - X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bellarmin, whose teachings have been found, by the Holy Office, to be "futile, foolish and heretical"?
(a) Copernicus' teachings.
(b) Socrates' teachings.
(c) Galileo's teachings.
(d) Plato's teachings.
2. How many globes surround the center stone?
(a) 8 globes.
(b) 9 globes.
(c) 10 globes.
(d) 12 globes.
3. In what city does Galileo teach mathematics in the opening of the play?
4. What do the Duke and his Court attend after leaving Galileo's home?
(a) An inquisition.
(b) The Court Ball.
(c) A trial.
(d) A knighting.
5. Why does Vanni say Galileo would be better off in Venice?
(a) "More people to support him."
(b) "More scientists with open minds."
(c) "Fewer black coats."
(d) "Fewer skeptics."
Short Answer Questions
1. While talking to Andrea about the ships that had found new continents, what does Galileo call the "dreaded ocean"?
2. What does Cosimo call Andrea as they fight over the models?
3. What, according to Andrea, do the people of Paris and Prague believe sunspots were?
4. Why does Andrea leave the room when Galileo was asking the men from the courts to look through the telescope?
5. How many months of pay does the Court owe Galileo? (in Scene Nine)
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)