|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes IX - X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Andrea in Scene I?
(a) 14 years old.
(b) 10 years old.
(c) 12 years old.
(d) 8 years old.
2. According to Bellarmin, whose responsibility is it to interpret the Bible?
(b) The theologians of the Holy Church.
(c) The Pope's.
3. What does Signor Gaffone give to Virginia, "in mint condition," to give to her father?
(a) A copyright for the telescope.
(b) A letter of intent.
(c) A manuscript.
(d) A book.
4. At the opening of Scene IX, who is Galileo and Virginia waiting to be admitted by?
(b) The Grand Duke.
(d) The Pope.
5. What does Galileo tell the Curator would "save millions of scudi in navigation"?
(a) The telescope.
(b) New ocean maps.
(c) New star charts.
(d) New ships.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the globes on the Ptolemaic system model made of?
2. To where does the "High Official" tell Galileo that he has to go to face the Holy Inquisition?
3. At the end of Scene IX, what awaits Galileo?
4. What epicyclical orbit does Galileo draw on the blackboard when describing his discovery to the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
5. When Sagredo asks Galileo about where God was, what is Galileo's answer?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)