|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes IX - X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Scene X open?
(a) The court of the Holy Inquisition.
(b) The Florentine Court.
(c) An apartment in the Vatican.
(d) Andrea's home.
2. According to Galileo, when informed upon the Holy Office's findings, who accepted Galileo's observations?
(a) Cardinal Bellarmin.
(b) The University of Florence.
(c) The Pope.
(d) The astronomers of the Collegium Romanum.
3. What does the First Scholar see that Galileo dropped?
(a) A coin.
(b) A map.
(c) A stone.
(d) A crystal.
4. Where does Galileo tell Sagredo that the light from the moon comes from?
(a) The moon.
(c) The sun.
5. What year is it in the opening of the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Galileo tell Virginia that he was afraid of?
2. When, according to Galileo, does he "get most inspiration"?
3. What does the stone at the center of the Ptolemaic system model represent?
4. Who does the Chamberlain say is the name of the Astronomer-in-Chief at the Papal College in Rome?
5. How many fixed stars does Galileo tell Sagredo were in the constellation of Orion?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)