|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes IX - X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bellarmin, whose teachings have been found, by the Holy Office, to be "futile, foolish and heretical"?
(a) Galileo's teachings.
(b) Socrates' teachings.
(c) Plato's teachings.
(d) Copernicus' teachings.
2. What kind of clock is Galileo presented with as a gift from Cardinal Bellarmin?
(a) Atmos clock.
(b) Lantern clock.
(c) Cellini clock.
(d) Parliament clock.
3. Where did Ludovico Marsili's letter say he has studied?
4. According to Bellarmin, whose responsibility is it to interpret the Bible?
(a) The theologians of the Holy Church.
(d) The Pope's.
5. According to the Curator, what republic refuses the Inquisition any say in scientific affairs?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose palace is the beginning of Scene IX set at?
2. What does the Pope tell the Inquisitor that he will not have destroyed?
3. What does Galileo use to make the iron needle float on the surface of water without sinking?
4. What does Galileo use to represent the Earth when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
5. What astrological sign does Virgina align with?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)