|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes IX - X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Dane determines the track of a comet?
(c) Tycho Brahe.
(d) Cosimo Medici.
2. What type of language does the Inquisitor say that Galileo writes in?
(a) "The language of mathematicians."
(b) "The language of the fishwives and wool merchants."
(c) "The language of scholars."
(d) "The language of the Church, Ecclesiastical Latin."
3. How old is Galileo's daughter, Virginia, in Scene II?
(a) 17 years old.
(b) 11 years old.
(c) 15 years old.
(d) 12 years old.
4. Who does Galileo tell Virginia invited him to Padua?
(d) Rector Gaffone.
5. To where does the "High Official" tell Galileo that he has to go to face the Holy Inquisition?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Galileo tell Virginia that he was afraid of?
2. What name does Galileo want to bestow on the new stars he found?
3. Who claims that Galileo would damn him if he (Galileo) would not see him?
4. While speaking with the "Little Monk" about his family's life, what animal does Galileo talk about ?
5. Why does Sarti tell Virginia to go to the University to see an astronomer?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)