|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes IX - X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Chamberlain say is the name of the Astronomer-in-Chief at the Papal College in Rome?
(a) Father Franz Wistne.
(b) Father Christophe Cleminez.
(c) Father Micheal Measter.
(d) Father Christopher Clavius.
2. Where does Galileo tell Sagredo that the light from the moon comes from?
(c) The sun.
(d) The moon.
3. Where does Scene VI open?
(a) The Court of Florence.
(b) Galileo's home.
(c) Cardinal Bellarmin's House in Rome.
(d) Ludovico's home.
4. Which Dane determines the track of a comet?
(c) Cosimo Medici.
(d) Tycho Brahe.
5. What does the Pope tell the Inquisitor that Galileo could not say "no" to?
(a) "To an old wine or a new idea."
(b) "To an old friend and a new friend."
(c) "To an old idea and a new vision."
(d) "To an old friend or a new invention."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the "Very Old Cardinal" claim was the "crown of creation"?
2. What object does Andrea tell Galileo not to use because "You can prove anything with them"?
3. To where does the "High Official" tell Galileo that he has to go to face the Holy Inquisition?
4. At the opening of Scene IX, who is Galileo and Virginia waiting to be admitted by?
5. How many globes surround the center stone?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)