|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes IX - X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What astrological sign does Virgina align with?
(c) The Twins.
2. What does Galileo claim the he knows the difference between when Vanni tells him he is "unable to distinguish your friends from your enemies"?
(a) Imagination and reality.
(b) Power and impotence.
(c) Wealth and poverty.
(d) Science and religion.
3. What name does Galileo want to bestow on the new stars he found?
4. Why does Andrea leave the room when Galileo was asking the men from the courts to look through the telescope?
(a) Andrea's nose started bleeding.
(b) Andrea needed to get water for the men.
(c) Andrea was embarassed for fighting with Cosimo.
(d) Andrea said the men were stupid.
5. When discussing Galileo's findings regarding the movement of stars, who did the Philosopher think Signer Federzoni was?
(a) Galileo's student.
(b) Galileo's son-in-law.
(c) Galileo's manservant.
(d) Galileo's lens-grinder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the "Very Old Cardinal" claim was the "crown of creation"?
2. According to Galileo, what "grows feeble from being abused"?
3. How many globes surround the center stone?
4. What invention does Ludovico tell Galileo about that he has just seen in Holland?
5. Who does Andrea tell his mother had "worked out" that the Earth went around the sun?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)