|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes IX - X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Scene X, what has the Pope finished doing?
(a) Reading Galileo's manuscript.
(c) Getting dressed.
(d) Signing the inquisition.
2. Where does Scene V open?
(a) Galileo's home.
(b) The marketplace in Florence.
(d) Hall of the Collegium Romanum in Rome.
3. What does Sarti offer to the Grand Duke as his Court is leaving at the end of Scene IV?
(a) A flower.
(b) An apple.
(c) A biscuit.
(d) A milk.
4. What does the Inquisitor want to keep while "damning" Galileo's writings?
(a) Star charts.
(b) The ocean charts.
(c) The telescope.
(d) The scientific mind.
5. Who was Pope Urban VII, prior to receiving his papal name?
(b) The "Old Cardinal."
(c) Cardinal Bellarmin.
(d) Cardinal Barberini.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Galileo use to represent the Earth when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
2. Where does Galileo tell Sagredo that the light from the moon comes from?
3. Who does the Philosopher say is "an authority recognized not only by the entire learning of antiquity, but also by the Holy Fathers of the Church"?
4. To where does the "High Official" tell Galileo that he has to go to face the Holy Inquisition?
5. When discussing Galileo's findings regarding the movement of stars, who did the Philosopher think Signer Federzoni was?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)