|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes IX - X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Cosimo and Andrea break during their fighting on the floor?
(a) A chair.
(b) A star model.
(c) The Ptolemaic model.
(d) The telescope.
2. Where does Scene IV open?
(a) Galileo's home in Florence.
(b) The University in Florence.
(c) Virginia's home.
(d) The marketplace.
3. Who does the Scholar claim is drunk again-while play-acting with the Monk?
(c) The Duke.
(d) Mother Earth.
4. What philosopher does Galileo and Andrea study in regard to objects floating?
5. At the ball, what mask does Barberini wear? (Scene VI)
(a) That of a mime.
(b) That of a tiger.
(c) That of a dove.
(d) That of a jester.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it in the opening of Scene V?
2. What is the only thing that the people from the "Little Monk's" village knew about?
3. What author has Galileo begun to read again? (Revealed by Galileo to the "Little Monk" during their conversation in Scene VII.)
4. According to Galileo, what "grows feeble from being abused"?
5. What does the Curator say that Galileo had invented for the city, calling the invention "excellent"?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)