|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes V - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is it in the opening of Scene V?
2. What sickness was the "Old Gentlemen" discussing as they climbed the stairs to see the telescope?
(a) The plague.
(d) Larsen Sydnrome.
3. At the ball, what mask does Cardinal Bellarmin wear? (Scene VI)
(a) That of an eagle.
(b) That of a wolf.
(c) That of a clown.
(d) That of a lamb.
4. Who is Virginia's Father Confessor?
(a) Father Steine from Saint Mercy.
(b) Father Franz from Notre Dame.
(c) Father Christophorus from Saint Ursula.
(d) Father Michael from Saint Cornela.
5. What epicyclical orbit does Galileo draw on the blackboard when describing his discovery to the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
(c) The sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years did Sarti work for Monsignor Filippo before working for Galileo?
2. When discussing Galileo's findings regarding the movement of stars, who did the Philosopher think Signer Federzoni was?
3. Why does the Grand Duke of Tuscany come to Galileo's home?
4. According to Galileo, when informed upon the Holy Office's findings, who accepted Galileo's observations?
5. What does Sarti offer to the Grand Duke as his Court is leaving at the end of Scene IV?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)