|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes V - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Galileo tell Virginia that they move to Florence?
(a) To find her a husband.
(b) To work for the University.
(c) So he could be the Court Mathematician.
(d) So that he could sell his telescopes.
2. What is the name of the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
(a) His Royal Highness of Tuscany.
(b) Cosimo de' Medici.
(d) Signor Ragsord.
3. How many stars does Galileo find revolved around Jupiter?
(a) 3 stars.
(b) 4 stars.
(c) 1 stars.
(d) 6 stars.
4. In the Ptolemaic system model, what does Galileo claim moved?
(a) Only the planets.
(b) Only the stars.
(d) Only the sun.
5. What are the globes on the Ptolemaic system model made of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Virginia say she will be married?
2. Where does Galileo tell Sagredo that the light from the moon comes from?
3. What does Galileo tell the Curator would "save millions of scudi in navigation"?
4. What prediction does Galileo make to Andrea about astronomy?
5. Who does the Scholar claim is drunk again-while play-acting with the Monk?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)