|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes V - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Ptolemaic system model, what does Galileo claim moved?
(a) Only the planets.
(c) Only the stars.
(d) Only the sun.
2. What is the monk play-acting? (in the opening of Scene V.)
(a) The he was Galileo.
(b) That the Earth was spinning too fast.
(c) The he was looking at the sun through the telescope.
(d) The he was drunk.
3. What does the stone at the center of the Ptolemaic system model represent?
(a) The moon.
(b) The sun.
4. What does the "Very Old Cardinal" call Galileo because of Galileo's claims?
(a) The world's most knowledgable scientist.
(b) An enemy of the human race.
(c) An enemy of God.
(d) A thief of religion.
5. When Sagredo asks Galileo about where God was, what is Galileo's answer?
(a) "On earth, buried deeply as to not be found."
(b) "In us, or nowhere."
(c) "On the brightest star."
(d) "On the moon."
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Galileo when he was arguing with the Curator about salary?
2. Where does Galileo tell Sagredo that the light from the moon comes from?
3. What object does Andrea tell Galileo not to use because "You can prove anything with them"?
4. Where does Scene IV open?
5. While at the ball, what chapter of the Bible do both Cardinal Bellarmin and Cardinal Barberini quote?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)