|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes V - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many stars does Galileo find revolved around Jupiter?
(a) 3 stars.
(b) 4 stars.
(c) 1 stars.
(d) 6 stars.
2. Who is Virginia speaking with at the end of Scene VI?
(b) Her father.
(c) The Inquisitor.
(d) Her fiance.
3. How many fixed stars does Galileo tell Sagredo were in the constellation of Orion?
(a) 5,000 fixed stars.
(b) 500 fixed stars.
(c) 150 fixed stars.
(d) 700 fixed stars.
4. Why does Andrea leave the room when Galileo was asking the men from the courts to look through the telescope?
(a) Andrea needed to get water for the men.
(b) Andrea was embarassed for fighting with Cosimo.
(c) Andrea's nose started bleeding.
(d) Andrea said the men were stupid.
5. What year is it in the opening of Scene V?
Short Answer Questions
1. What chess piece does Galileo say took to "moving all over the board"?
2. Why does the Grand Duke of Tuscany come to Galileo's home?
3. What does the Curator say that Galileo had invented for the city, calling the invention "excellent"?
4. What object does Andrea tell Galileo not to use because "You can prove anything with them"?
5. What does the "Very Old Cardinal" call Galileo because of Galileo's claims?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)