|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes V - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Scene IV open?
(a) Galileo's home in Florence.
(b) The marketplace.
(c) The University in Florence.
(d) Virginia's home.
2. How many fixed stars does Galileo tell Sagredo were in the constellation of Orion?
(a) 700 fixed stars.
(b) 5,000 fixed stars.
(c) 150 fixed stars.
(d) 500 fixed stars.
3. Why does Andrea leave the room when Galileo was asking the men from the courts to look through the telescope?
(a) Andrea's nose started bleeding.
(b) Andrea said the men were stupid.
(c) Andrea was embarassed for fighting with Cosimo.
(d) Andrea needed to get water for the men.
4. What does the Curator say that Galileo had invented for the city, calling the invention "excellent"?
(a) A telescope.
(b) A clock.
(c) A water pump.
(d) A drainage system.
5. In the Ptolemaic system model, what does Galileo claim moved?
(b) Only the planets.
(c) Only the stars.
(d) Only the sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Galileo use to represent the sun when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
2. Why does the Grand Duke of Tuscany come to Galileo's home?
3. What are the globes on the Ptolemaic system model made of?
4. Who does the Philosopher say is "an authority recognized not only by the entire learning of antiquity, but also by the Holy Fathers of the Church"?
5. What is the name of the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)