|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes V - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While at the ball, what chapter of the Bible do both Cardinal Bellarmin and Cardinal Barberini quote?
2. When, according to Galileo, does he "get most inspiration"?
(a) When he read.
(b) When he looked at the stars.
(c) When he ate.
(d) When he thought about Virginia's dowry.
3. Who does the Philosopher say is "Italy's and the Church's greatest astronomer"?
(a) Micheal Montrassauri.
(d) Christopher Clavius.
4. According to Galileo, who were the ones that were "no longer moved by reason"?
(a) "The disciples of religion."
(b) "The dead."
(c) "The men who turned their backs on science."
(d) "The skeptics."
5. After finding out about Ludovico's interests, how much does Galileo say he is going to charge him for private tuition?
(a) Fifteen scudi a month.
(b) Ten scudi a month.
(c) Twenty scudi a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarti offer to the Grand Duke as his Court is leaving at the end of Scene IV?
2. According to the "Very Thin Monk," what is equated with the home of the human race?
3. According to the Curator, what republic refuses the Inquisition any say in scientific affairs?
4. How old does Ludovico say the invention he saw in Holland was?
5. What does Galileo tell Sagredo the spots on stars were?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)