|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes V - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the "Very Old Cardinal" claim was the "crown of creation"?
(b) The church.
(c) The sun.
2. Who does the Philosopher say is "Italy's and the Church's greatest astronomer"?
(a) Christopher Clavius.
(b) Micheal Montrassauri.
3. What does Sarti hand to Galileo while he was telling her about the new discoveries in science?
(a) A letter of recommendation.
(b) A bill from the milkman.
(c) A letter of interest in Galileo's work.
(d) A bill from the bookstore.
4. What does Ludovico tell Galileo were his interests?
5. What epicyclical orbit does Galileo draw on the blackboard when describing his discovery to the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
(d) The sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Bellarmin, whose responsibility is it to interpret the Bible?
2. Where did Ludovico Marsili's letter say he has studied?
3. In what city does Galileo teach mathematics in the opening of the play?
4. While at the ball, what chapter of the Bible do both Cardinal Bellarmin and Cardinal Barberini quote?
5. Where does Galileo tell Sagredo that the light from the moon comes from?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)