|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes V - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bellarmin, whose responsibility is it to interpret the Bible?
(a) The theologians of the Holy Church.
(d) The Pope's.
2. What does Galileo tell the Curator would "save millions of scudi in navigation"?
(a) New star charts.
(b) The telescope.
(c) New ships.
(d) New ocean maps.
3. According to Galileo, who were the ones that were "no longer moved by reason"?
(a) "The disciples of religion."
(b) "The men who turned their backs on science."
(c) "The dead."
(d) "The skeptics."
4. Whom does the Inquisitor have taking a transcript of the conversation between Galileo and Cardinals Bellarmin and Barberini?
(a) The clerks playing chess.
(d) The lady in waiting.
5. Where did Ludovico Marsili's letter say he has studied?
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Galileo want to bestow on the new stars he found?
2. After finding out about Ludovico's interests, how much does Galileo say he is going to charge him for private tuition?
3. What chess piece does Galileo say took to "moving all over the board"?
4. Why does Galileo tell Virginia that they move to Florence?
5. What do Cosimo and Andrea break during their fighting on the floor?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)