|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes V - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is it in the opening of Scene V?
2. Where does Scene V open?
(a) The marketplace in Florence.
(b) Hall of the Collegium Romanum in Rome.
(d) Galileo's home.
3. How much is the private tuition that Galileo initially was going to charge Ludovico?
(a) Ten scudi a month.
(b) Fifteen scudi a month.
(c) Fifty scudi a month.
(d) Five scudi a month.
4. Who is Virginia's Father Confessor?
(a) Father Michael from Saint Cornela.
(b) Father Steine from Saint Mercy.
(c) Father Christophorus from Saint Ursula.
(d) Father Franz from Notre Dame.
5. What happens to Signor Giordano Bruno "because he was not a Venetian and also had no appointment here"?
(a) He was banished from the city.
(b) He was burned at the stake.
(c) He was hung.
(d) He was imprisoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the ball, what mask does Cardinal Bellarmin wear? (Scene VI)
2. What epicyclical orbit does Galileo draw on the blackboard when describing his discovery to the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
3. Why does Galileo tell Virginia that they move to Florence?
4. Where did Ludovico Marsili's letter say he has studied?
5. According to Galileo, if one believes in humanity, they believe in what?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)