|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes V - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date did the inquisition put the Copernican teachings on the index?
(a) March 15, 1616.
(b) April 1, 1618.
(c) December 25, 1616.
(d) October 28, 1629.
2. Who does Andrea tell his mother had "worked out" that the Earth went around the sun?
3. What does Galileo say he bought instead of paying the milkman?
4. What do the Duke and his Court attend after leaving Galileo's home?
(a) The Court Ball.
(b) A knighting.
(c) An inquisition.
(d) A trial.
5. Who enters the room after the "Very Old Cardinal" collapses?
(d) The Duke of Florence.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Bellarmin, whose teachings have been found, by the Holy Office, to be "futile, foolish and heretical"?
2. What epicyclical orbit does Galileo draw on the blackboard when describing his discovery to the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
3. Where does Scene VI open?
4. What does Sarti hand to Galileo while he was telling her about the new discoveries in science?
5. Why does Galileo tell Virginia that they move to Florence?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)