|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes V - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Curator say that Galileo had invented for the city, calling the invention "excellent"?
(a) A drainage system.
(b) A clock.
(c) A water pump.
(d) A telescope.
2. Who is Virginia speaking with at the end of Scene VI?
(a) The Inquisitor.
(b) Her father.
(d) Her fiance.
3. What name does Galileo want to bestow on the new stars he found?
4. Where does Scene V open?
(a) Hall of the Collegium Romanum in Rome.
(b) Galileo's home.
(c) The marketplace in Florence.
5. What is the monk play-acting? (in the opening of Scene V.)
(a) The he was looking at the sun through the telescope.
(b) That the Earth was spinning too fast.
(c) The he was drunk.
(d) The he was Galileo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Scene IV open?
2. According to Bellarmin, whose responsibility is it to interpret the Bible?
3. Who does the "Very Old Cardinal" claim was the "crown of creation"?
4. What does the "Very Old Cardinal" call Galileo because of Galileo's claims?
5. What object does Andrea tell Galileo not to use because "You can prove anything with them"?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)