|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes V - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Galileo place the Ptolemaic system for Andrea to find?
(a) In the broom closet.
(b) Behind the star charts.
(c) Under the table.
(d) In the teapot.
2. On what date did the inquisition put the Copernican teachings on the index?
(a) December 25, 1616.
(b) October 28, 1629.
(c) March 15, 1616.
(d) April 1, 1618.
3. Who does the Philosopher say is "an authority recognized not only by the entire learning of antiquity, but also by the Holy Fathers of the Church"?
4. Who does the Philosopher say is "Italy's and the Church's greatest astronomer"?
(a) Christopher Clavius.
(d) Micheal Montrassauri.
5. Which Dane determines the track of a comet?
(a) Tycho Brahe.
(b) Cosimo Medici.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Curator say that Galileo had invented for the city, calling the invention "excellent"?
2. Where does Scene IV open?
3. Why does the Grand Duke of Tuscany come to Galileo's home?
4. Who does the Chamberlain say is the name of the Astronomer-in-Chief at the Papal College in Rome?
5. How old does Ludovico say the invention he saw in Holland was?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)