|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes V - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many globes surround the center stone?
(a) 12 globes.
(b) 8 globes.
(c) 9 globes.
(d) 10 globes.
2. What is the monk play-acting? (in the opening of Scene V.)
(a) That the Earth was spinning too fast.
(b) The he was Galileo.
(c) The he was looking at the sun through the telescope.
(d) The he was drunk.
3. According to Galileo, when informed upon the Holy Office's findings, who accepted Galileo's observations?
(a) Cardinal Bellarmin.
(b) The University of Florence.
(c) The astronomers of the Collegium Romanum.
(d) The Pope.
4. In what country does the Curator tell Galileo that telescopes were sold in markets?
5. What does Galileo tell Sagredo the spots on stars were?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Galileo tell Sagredo that the light from the moon comes from?
2. What do the strips of paper on the Ptolemaic system model have written on them?
3. What does the stone at the center of the Ptolemaic system model represent?
4. What are the globes on the Ptolemaic system model made of?
5. How much is the private tuition that Galileo initially was going to charge Ludovico?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)