|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes V - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cosimo call Andrea as they fight over the models?
2. How old is Andrea in Scene I?
(a) 14 years old.
(b) 12 years old.
(c) 10 years old.
(d) 8 years old.
3. While at the ball, what chapter of the Bible do both Cardinal Bellarmin and Cardinal Barberini quote?
4. What is the monk play-acting? (in the opening of Scene V.)
(a) That the Earth was spinning too fast.
(b) The he was drunk.
(c) The he was Galileo.
(d) The he was looking at the sun through the telescope.
5. What do the strips of paper on the Ptolemaic system model have written on them?
(a) Names of galaxies.
(b) Names of stars.
(c) Names of planets.
(d) Names of moons.
Short Answer Questions
1. When, according to Galileo, does he "get most inspiration"?
2. What year is it in the opening of the play?
3. In what city does Galileo teach mathematics in the opening of the play?
4. What does Galileo tell Sagredo the spots on stars were?
5. What epicyclical orbit does Galileo draw on the blackboard when describing his discovery to the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)