|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes V - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Andrea leave the room when Galileo was asking the men from the courts to look through the telescope?
(a) Andrea was embarassed for fighting with Cosimo.
(b) Andrea said the men were stupid.
(c) Andrea's nose started bleeding.
(d) Andrea needed to get water for the men.
2. What does the First Scholar see that Galileo dropped?
(a) A crystal.
(b) A coin.
(c) A map.
(d) A stone.
3. What do Cosimo and Andrea break during their fighting on the floor?
(a) A star model.
(b) A chair.
(c) The telescope.
(d) The Ptolemaic model.
4. Which Dane determines the track of a comet?
(b) Cosimo Medici.
(c) Tycho Brahe.
5. Where does Scene V open?
(a) The marketplace in Florence.
(b) Galileo's home.
(c) Hall of the Collegium Romanum in Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the monk play-acting? (in the opening of Scene V.)
2. What does Galileo use to represent the sun when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
3. What chess piece does Galileo say took to "moving all over the board"?
4. Where does Galileo tell Sagredo that the light from the moon comes from?
5. According to Galileo, if one believes in humanity, they believe in what?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)