|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes V - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters the room after the "Very Old Cardinal" collapses?
(b) The Duke of Florence.
2. Who is Virginia speaking with at the end of Scene VI?
(b) Her fiance.
(c) Her father.
(d) The Inquisitor.
3. What bell rings as Virginia entered her father's room? (Scene III)
(a) An evening bell.
(b) A noon bell.
(c) A bell for early Mass.
(d) A bell signaling lunch.
4. How old is Galileo's daughter, Virginia, in Scene II?
(a) 17 years old.
(b) 11 years old.
(c) 12 years old.
(d) 15 years old.
5. Whom does the Inquisitor have taking a transcript of the conversation between Galileo and Cardinals Bellarmin and Barberini?
(b) The clerks playing chess.
(d) The lady in waiting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the stone at the center of the Ptolemaic system model represent?
2. Which Dane determines the track of a comet?
3. What is the monk play-acting? (in the opening of Scene V.)
4. What is the name of the bailiff?
5. What does Galileo tell Sagredo the spots on stars were?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)