|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes V - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bellarmin, whose teachings have been found, by the Holy Office, to be "futile, foolish and heretical"?
(a) Plato's teachings.
(b) Copernicus' teachings.
(c) Socrates' teachings.
(d) Galileo's teachings.
2. When discussing Galileo's findings regarding the movement of stars, who did the Philosopher think Signer Federzoni was?
(a) Galileo's student.
(b) Galileo's son-in-law.
(c) Galileo's manservant.
(d) Galileo's lens-grinder.
3. Who does the Philosopher say is "an authority recognized not only by the entire learning of antiquity, but also by the Holy Fathers of the Church"?
4. On what date did the inquisition put the Copernican teachings on the index?
(a) December 25, 1616.
(b) March 15, 1616.
(c) April 1, 1618.
(d) October 28, 1629.
5. While talking to Andrea about the ships that had found new continents, what does Galileo call the "dreaded ocean"?
(a) A pond.
(b) A lake.
(c) A puddle.
(d) A pool.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Ludovico say the invention he saw in Holland was?
2. What does the First Scholar see that Galileo dropped?
3. What sickness was the "Old Gentlemen" discussing as they climbed the stairs to see the telescope?
4. What do Cosimo and Andrea break during their fighting on the floor?
5. What do the strips of paper on the Ptolemaic system model have written on them?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)