|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes V - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the "Very Thin Monk," what is equated with the home of the human race?
(b) The sun.
(c) A wondering star.
(d) The moons of Jupiter.
2. While talking to Andrea about the ships that had found new continents, what does Galileo call the "dreaded ocean"?
(a) A pool.
(b) A puddle.
(c) A pond.
(d) A lake.
3. How many stars does Galileo find revolved around Jupiter?
(a) 6 stars.
(b) 4 stars.
(c) 1 stars.
(d) 3 stars.
4. What does Galileo tell the Curator would "save millions of scudi in navigation"?
(a) The telescope.
(b) New ships.
(c) New ocean maps.
(d) New star charts.
5. At the ball, what mask does Barberini wear? (Scene VI)
(a) That of a dove.
(b) That of a tiger.
(c) That of a jester.
(d) That of a mime.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Andrea leave the room when Galileo was asking the men from the courts to look through the telescope?
2. What does the "Very Old Cardinal" call Galileo because of Galileo's claims?
3. What prediction does Galileo make to Andrea about astronomy?
4. After finding out about Ludovico's interests, how much does Galileo say he is going to charge him for private tuition?
5. What does Cosimo call Andrea as they fight over the models?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)