|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes V - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the stone at the center of the Ptolemaic system model represent?
(c) The moon.
(d) The sun.
2. When, according to Galileo, does he "get most inspiration"?
(a) When he read.
(b) When he ate.
(c) When he looked at the stars.
(d) When he thought about Virginia's dowry.
3. What is the date of the opening of Scene III?
(a) April1, 1611.
(b) January 10, 1590.
(c) April 17, 1615.
(d) January 10, 1610.
4. Who does Andrea tell his mother had "worked out" that the Earth went around the sun?
5. What does Galileo tell Sagredo the spots on stars were?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Galileo use to represent the Earth when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
2. At the ball, what mask does Cardinal Bellarmin wear? (Scene VI)
3. How many globes surround the center stone?
4. Where does Galileo place the Ptolemaic system for Andrea to find?
5. In what city does Galileo teach mathematics in the opening of the play?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)