|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes V - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the strips of paper on the Ptolemaic system model have written on them?
(a) Names of moons.
(b) Names of planets.
(c) Names of stars.
(d) Names of galaxies.
2. How old is Galileo when he was arguing with the Curator about salary?
(a) 27 years old.
(b) 76 years old.
(c) 35 years old.
(d) 46 years old.
3. According to Galileo, who were the ones that were "no longer moved by reason"?
(a) "The skeptics."
(b) "The disciples of religion."
(c) "The men who turned their backs on science."
(d) "The dead."
4. Who is Virginia speaking with at the end of Scene VI?
(a) Her fiance.
(b) The Inquisitor.
(d) Her father.
5. According to Bellarmin, whose teachings have been found, by the Holy Office, to be "futile, foolish and heretical"?
(a) Plato's teachings.
(b) Copernicus' teachings.
(c) Galileo's teachings.
(d) Socrates' teachings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cosimo call Andrea as they fight over the models?
2. At the ball, what mask does Cardinal Bellarmin wear? (Scene VI)
3. What is the date of the opening of Scene III?
4. According to Galileo, when informed upon the Holy Office's findings, who accepted Galileo's observations?
5. Where does Scene IV open?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)