|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes V - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Galileo tell Andrea to put on the table? (Scene I)
2. In what city does Galileo teach mathematics in the opening of the play?
3. What does the First Scholar see that Galileo dropped?
(a) A map.
(b) A crystal.
(c) A stone.
(d) A coin.
4. According to Galileo, who were the ones that were "no longer moved by reason"?
(a) "The skeptics."
(b) "The men who turned their backs on science."
(c) "The disciples of religion."
(d) "The dead."
5. According to Galileo, what "grows feeble from being abused"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it in the opening of the play?
2. Why does Andrea leave the room when Galileo was asking the men from the courts to look through the telescope?
3. What bell rings as Virginia entered her father's room? (Scene III)
4. While at the ball, what chapter of the Bible do both Cardinal Bellarmin and Cardinal Barberini quote?
5. Who does the Scholar claim is drunk again-while play-acting with the Monk?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)