|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes V - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the monk play-acting? (in the opening of Scene V.)
(a) The he was drunk.
(b) The he was Galileo.
(c) The he was looking at the sun through the telescope.
(d) That the Earth was spinning too fast.
2. What does Galileo tell Sagredo the spots on stars were?
3. According to the "Very Thin Monk," what is equated with the home of the human race?
(a) The moons of Jupiter.
(c) A wondering star.
(d) The sun.
4. On what date did the inquisition put the Copernican teachings on the index?
(a) April 1, 1618.
(b) October 28, 1629.
(c) March 15, 1616.
(d) December 25, 1616.
5. According to Galileo, if one believes in humanity, they believe in what?
(a) "Common sense."
(c) "Something bigger than himself."
(d) "That mankind is the center of all."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ludovico tell Galileo were his interests?
2. What epicyclical orbit does Galileo draw on the blackboard when describing his discovery to the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
3. According to the Curator, what republic refuses the Inquisition any say in scientific affairs?
4. What bell rings as Virginia entered her father's room? (Scene III)
5. What does Galileo ask the men to trust when looking through the telescope at the stars?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)