|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes V - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Galileo use to represent the Earth when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
(b) A loaf of bread.
(c) A milk bottle.
(d) A chair.
2. Who does the Philosopher say is "Italy's and the Church's greatest astronomer"?
(b) Christopher Clavius.
(c) Micheal Montrassauri.
3. At the ball, what mask does Barberini wear? (Scene VI)
(a) That of a jester.
(b) That of a dove.
(c) That of a tiger.
(d) That of a mime.
4. What object does Andrea tell Galileo not to use because "You can prove anything with them"?
(a) A pear.
(b) An apple.
(c) An orange.
(d) A ball of yarn.
5. What does Ludovico tell Galileo were his interests?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Galileo when he was arguing with the Curator about salary?
2. According to Galileo, if one believes in humanity, they believe in what?
3. Where does Galileo place the Ptolemaic system for Andrea to find?
4. Whom does the Inquisitor have taking a transcript of the conversation between Galileo and Cardinals Bellarmin and Barberini?
5. What sickness was the "Old Gentlemen" discussing as they climbed the stairs to see the telescope?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)