|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes V - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Scene V open?
(a) Hall of the Collegium Romanum in Rome.
(c) The marketplace in Florence.
(d) Galileo's home.
2. What epicyclical orbit does Galileo draw on the blackboard when describing his discovery to the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
(d) The sun.
3. What does the "Very Old Cardinal" call Galileo because of Galileo's claims?
(a) An enemy of the human race.
(b) An enemy of God.
(c) A thief of religion.
(d) The world's most knowledgable scientist.
4. Which Dane determines the track of a comet?
(a) Tycho Brahe.
(c) Cosimo Medici.
5. Who is Virginia's Father Confessor?
(a) Father Christophorus from Saint Ursula.
(b) Father Michael from Saint Cornela.
(c) Father Steine from Saint Mercy.
(d) Father Franz from Notre Dame.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Galileo, when informed upon the Holy Office's findings, who accepted Galileo's observations?
2. Where does Virginia say she will be married?
3. What is the name of the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
4. What do Cosimo and Andrea break during their fighting on the floor?
5. What bell rings as Virginia entered her father's room? (Scene III)
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)