|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes V - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the strips of paper on the Ptolemaic system model have written on them?
(a) Names of galaxies.
(b) Names of planets.
(c) Names of stars.
(d) Names of moons.
2. What does Galileo say he bought instead of paying the milkman?
3. What happens to Signor Giordano Bruno "because he was not a Venetian and also had no appointment here"?
(a) He was burned at the stake.
(b) He was banished from the city.
(c) He was hung.
(d) He was imprisoned.
4. Who does Andrea tell his mother had "worked out" that the Earth went around the sun?
5. How old is Galileo's daughter, Virginia, in Scene II?
(a) 11 years old.
(b) 17 years old.
(c) 12 years old.
(d) 15 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Galileo, when informed upon the Holy Office's findings, who accepted Galileo's observations?
2. What does Galileo use to represent the Earth when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
3. What does Galileo use to represent the sun when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
4. What year is it in the opening of the play?
5. In what city does Galileo teach mathematics in the opening of the play?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)