|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes V - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Galileo, when informed upon the Holy Office's findings, who accepted Galileo's observations?
(a) The Pope.
(b) Cardinal Bellarmin.
(c) The astronomers of the Collegium Romanum.
(d) The University of Florence.
2. How many years did Sarti work for Monsignor Filippo before working for Galileo?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 7 years.
3. When, according to Galileo, does he "get most inspiration"?
(a) When he thought about Virginia's dowry.
(b) When he ate.
(c) When he looked at the stars.
(d) When he read.
4. What happens to Signor Giordano Bruno "because he was not a Venetian and also had no appointment here"?
(a) He was banished from the city.
(b) He was imprisoned.
(c) He was burned at the stake.
(d) He was hung.
5. According to Galileo, what "grows feeble from being abused"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bailiff?
2. Who does the "Very Old Cardinal" claim was the "crown of creation"?
3. What does Sarti offer to the Grand Duke as his Court is leaving at the end of Scene IV?
4. What does Cosimo call Andrea as they fight over the models?
5. When Sagredo asks Galileo about where God was, what is Galileo's answer?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)