|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes V - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the "Very Old Cardinal" call Galileo because of Galileo's claims?
(a) An enemy of the human race.
(b) The world's most knowledgable scientist.
(c) An enemy of God.
(d) A thief of religion.
2. How many years did Sarti work for Monsignor Filippo before working for Galileo?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 2 years.
3. In the Ptolemaic system model, what does Galileo claim moved?
(a) Only the planets.
(b) Only the stars.
(d) Only the sun.
4. What epicyclical orbit does Galileo draw on the blackboard when describing his discovery to the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
(a) The sun.
5. How many stars does Galileo find revolved around Jupiter?
(a) 6 stars.
(b) 1 stars.
(c) 3 stars.
(d) 4 stars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the "Very Old Cardinal" claim was the "crown of creation"?
2. What is the name of the bailiff?
3. What do the Duke and his Court attend after leaving Galileo's home?
4. In what city does Galileo teach mathematics in the opening of the play?
5. When, according to Galileo, does he "get most inspiration"?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)