|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes V - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does Ludovico say the invention he saw in Holland was?
(a) A month old.
(b) A few hours old.
(c) A few days old.
(d) A week old.
2. What does Sarti offer to the Grand Duke as his Court is leaving at the end of Scene IV?
(a) An apple.
(b) A flower.
(c) A biscuit.
(d) A milk.
3. According to the "Very Thin Monk," what is equated with the home of the human race?
(b) The sun.
(c) The moons of Jupiter.
(d) A wondering star.
4. What do the strips of paper on the Ptolemaic system model have written on them?
(a) Names of stars.
(b) Names of planets.
(c) Names of moons.
(d) Names of galaxies.
5. Where does Scene VI open?
(a) The Court of Florence.
(b) Ludovico's home.
(c) Cardinal Bellarmin's House in Rome.
(d) Galileo's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Ptolemaic system model, what does Galileo claim moved?
2. What year is it in the opening of Scene V?
3. According to Galileo, what "grows feeble from being abused"?
4. What does Ludovico tell Galileo were his interests?
5. At the ball, what mask does Cardinal Bellarmin wear? (Scene VI)
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)