|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes V - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bellarmin, whose teachings have been found, by the Holy Office, to be "futile, foolish and heretical"?
(a) Socrates' teachings.
(b) Copernicus' teachings.
(c) Plato's teachings.
(d) Galileo's teachings.
2. Where did Ludovico Marsili's letter say he has studied?
3. According to Galileo, if one believes in humanity, they believe in what?
(a) "That mankind is the center of all."
(b) "Common sense."
(c) "Something bigger than himself."
4. According to Bellarmin, whose responsibility is it to interpret the Bible?
(a) The Pope's.
(d) The theologians of the Holy Church.
5. What does Galileo use to represent the Earth when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
(a) A chair.
(b) A loaf of bread.
(d) A milk bottle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Dane determines the track of a comet?
2. What does the stone at the center of the Ptolemaic system model represent?
3. What does Galileo say he bought instead of paying the milkman?
4. What does Sarti offer to the Grand Duke as his Court is leaving at the end of Scene IV?
5. What is the name of the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)