|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes V - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Virginia's Father Confessor?
(a) Father Steine from Saint Mercy.
(b) Father Michael from Saint Cornela.
(c) Father Franz from Notre Dame.
(d) Father Christophorus from Saint Ursula.
2. Where does Scene V open?
(a) The marketplace in Florence.
(b) Hall of the Collegium Romanum in Rome.
(d) Galileo's home.
3. What does Cosimo call Andrea as they fight over the models?
4. How many stars does Galileo find revolved around Jupiter?
(a) 3 stars.
(b) 6 stars.
(c) 1 stars.
(d) 4 stars.
5. What is the name of the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
(a) His Royal Highness of Tuscany.
(c) Signor Ragsord.
(d) Cosimo de' Medici.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bailiff?
2. According to Bellarmin, whose teachings have been found, by the Holy Office, to be "futile, foolish and heretical"?
3. What does Galileo use to represent the sun when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
4. What are the globes on the Ptolemaic system model made of?
5. What epicyclical orbit does Galileo draw on the blackboard when describing his discovery to the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)