|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes V - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Galileo's daughter, Virginia, in Scene II?
(a) 11 years old.
(b) 15 years old.
(c) 12 years old.
(d) 17 years old.
2. Where does Galileo tell Sagredo that the light from the moon comes from?
(b) The sun.
(c) The moon.
3. When Sagredo asks Galileo about where God was, what is Galileo's answer?
(a) "On the brightest star."
(b) "On earth, buried deeply as to not be found."
(c) "On the moon."
(d) "In us, or nowhere."
4. What invention does Ludovico tell Galileo about that he has just seen in Holland?
(a) "The glass that sees."
(b) "That funny tube."
(c) "The horn that hears."
(d) "That box that talks."
5. What do the Duke and his Court attend after leaving Galileo's home?
(a) A knighting.
(b) An inquisition.
(c) The Court Ball.
(d) A trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Cosimo and Andrea break during their fighting on the floor?
2. What bell rings as Virginia entered her father's room? (Scene III)
3. What does Galileo use to represent the sun when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
4. At the ball, what mask does Barberini wear? (Scene VI)
5. When, according to Galileo, does he "get most inspiration"?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)