|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes V - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While at the ball, what chapter of the Bible do both Cardinal Bellarmin and Cardinal Barberini quote?
2. What do the Duke and his Court attend after leaving Galileo's home?
(a) The Court Ball.
(b) A trial.
(c) An inquisition.
(d) A knighting.
3. What do Cosimo and Andrea break during their fighting on the floor?
(a) A star model.
(b) A chair.
(c) The Ptolemaic model.
(d) The telescope.
4. What object does Andrea tell Galileo not to use because "You can prove anything with them"?
(a) A ball of yarn.
(b) An orange.
(c) A pear.
(d) An apple.
5. How many globes surround the center stone?
(a) 8 globes.
(b) 12 globes.
(c) 10 globes.
(d) 9 globes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Grand Duke of Tuscany come to Galileo's home?
2. At the ball, what mask does Barberini wear? (Scene VI)
3. What are the globes on the Ptolemaic system model made of?
4. Who does the Scholar claim is drunk again-while play-acting with the Monk?
5. What prediction does Galileo make to Andrea about astronomy?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)