|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes V - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarti offer to the Grand Duke as his Court is leaving at the end of Scene IV?
(a) A flower.
(b) A milk.
(c) An apple.
(d) A biscuit.
2. In what city does Galileo teach mathematics in the opening of the play?
3. What does the stone at the center of the Ptolemaic system model represent?
(a) The sun.
(d) The moon.
4. Where does Scene VI open?
(a) The Court of Florence.
(b) Ludovico's home.
(c) Galileo's home.
(d) Cardinal Bellarmin's House in Rome.
5. Who does the Chamberlain say is the name of the Astronomer-in-Chief at the Papal College in Rome?
(a) Father Christopher Clavius.
(b) Father Christophe Cleminez.
(c) Father Micheal Measter.
(d) Father Franz Wistne.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the ball, what mask does Cardinal Bellarmin wear? (Scene VI)
2. In the Ptolemaic system model, what does Galileo claim moved?
3. According to the Curator, what republic refuses the Inquisition any say in scientific affairs?
4. According to Bellarmin, whose teachings have been found, by the Holy Office, to be "futile, foolish and heretical"?
5. Who does Andrea tell his mother had "worked out" that the Earth went around the sun?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)