|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes V - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Galileo, when informed upon the Holy Office's findings, who accepted Galileo's observations?
(a) The University of Florence.
(b) The Pope.
(c) Cardinal Bellarmin.
(d) The astronomers of the Collegium Romanum.
2. On what date did the inquisition put the Copernican teachings on the index?
(a) March 15, 1616.
(b) October 28, 1629.
(c) April 1, 1618.
(d) December 25, 1616.
3. Who does the "Very Old Cardinal" claim was the "crown of creation"?
(b) The sun.
(d) The church.
4. In the Ptolemaic system model, what does Galileo claim moved?
(a) Only the stars.
(b) Only the planets.
(d) Only the sun.
5. Who does the Philosopher say is "Italy's and the Church's greatest astronomer"?
(a) Micheal Montrassauri.
(b) Christopher Clavius.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Galileo, what "grows feeble from being abused"?
2. What does Sarti offer to the Grand Duke as his Court is leaving at the end of Scene IV?
3. Who is Virginia speaking with at the end of Scene VI?
4. What prediction does Galileo make to Andrea about astronomy?
5. What does Galileo tell Sagredo the spots on stars were?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)