|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes V - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bellarmin, whose responsibility is it to interpret the Bible?
(b) The theologians of the Holy Church.
(d) The Pope's.
2. What does Cosimo call Andrea as they fight over the models?
3. Who does the Chamberlain say is the name of the Astronomer-in-Chief at the Papal College in Rome?
(a) Father Christophe Cleminez.
(b) Father Micheal Measter.
(c) Father Franz Wistne.
(d) Father Christopher Clavius.
4. What does Galileo say he bought instead of paying the milkman?
5. What do Cosimo and Andrea break during their fighting on the floor?
(a) A star model.
(b) A chair.
(c) The telescope.
(d) The Ptolemaic model.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is the private tuition that Galileo initially was going to charge Ludovico?
2. Where does Galileo tell Sagredo that the light from the moon comes from?
3. What does the First Scholar see that Galileo dropped?
4. What epicyclical orbit does Galileo draw on the blackboard when describing his discovery to the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
5. While at the ball, what chapter of the Bible do both Cardinal Bellarmin and Cardinal Barberini quote?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)