|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes V - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Galileo ask the men to trust when looking through the telescope at the stars?
(a) Their minds.
(b) Their hearts.
(d) Their eyes.
2. What epicyclical orbit does Galileo draw on the blackboard when describing his discovery to the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
(d) The sun.
3. What do the strips of paper on the Ptolemaic system model have written on them?
(a) Names of moons.
(b) Names of planets.
(c) Names of stars.
(d) Names of galaxies.
4. What happens to Signor Giordano Bruno "because he was not a Venetian and also had no appointment here"?
(a) He was hung.
(b) He was imprisoned.
(c) He was burned at the stake.
(d) He was banished from the city.
5. How old is Galileo's daughter, Virginia, in Scene II?
(a) 17 years old.
(b) 11 years old.
(c) 12 years old.
(d) 15 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarti hand to Galileo while he was telling her about the new discoveries in science?
2. Who does the Chamberlain say is the name of the Astronomer-in-Chief at the Papal College in Rome?
3. In the Ptolemaic system model, what does Galileo claim moved?
4. What year is it in the opening of Scene V?
5. After finding out about Ludovico's interests, how much does Galileo say he is going to charge him for private tuition?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)