|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes V - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is it in the opening of Scene V?
2. Why does Andrea leave the room when Galileo was asking the men from the courts to look through the telescope?
(a) Andrea needed to get water for the men.
(b) Andrea was embarassed for fighting with Cosimo.
(c) Andrea's nose started bleeding.
(d) Andrea said the men were stupid.
3. What bell rings as Virginia entered her father's room? (Scene III)
(a) A bell for early Mass.
(b) A bell signaling lunch.
(c) A noon bell.
(d) An evening bell.
4. According to Galileo, who were the ones that were "no longer moved by reason"?
(a) "The men who turned their backs on science."
(b) "The dead."
(c) "The disciples of religion."
(d) "The skeptics."
5. Which Dane determines the track of a comet?
(b) Cosimo Medici.
(c) Tycho Brahe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Galileo ask the men to trust when looking through the telescope at the stars?
2. Who does the Philosopher say is "Italy's and the Church's greatest astronomer"?
3. Who does the Scholar claim is drunk again-while play-acting with the Monk?
4. Who enters the room after the "Very Old Cardinal" collapses?
5. What prediction does Galileo make to Andrea about astronomy?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)