|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes V - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Galileo use to represent the Earth when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
(a) A milk bottle.
(b) A loaf of bread.
(c) A chair.
2. According to Bellarmin, whose teachings have been found, by the Holy Office, to be "futile, foolish and heretical"?
(a) Socrates' teachings.
(b) Galileo's teachings.
(c) Copernicus' teachings.
(d) Plato's teachings.
3. What epicyclical orbit does Galileo draw on the blackboard when describing his discovery to the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
(d) The sun.
4. Where does Scene V open?
(a) The marketplace in Florence.
(b) Hall of the Collegium Romanum in Rome.
(c) Galileo's home.
5. What does Cosimo call Andrea as they fight over the models?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the "Very Old Cardinal" claim was the "crown of creation"?
2. What do Cosimo and Andrea break during their fighting on the floor?
3. Who is Virginia speaking with at the end of Scene VI?
4. Who does the Scholar claim is drunk again-while play-acting with the Monk?
5. At the ball, what mask does Barberini wear? (Scene VI)
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)