|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes V - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Scene V open?
(a) The marketplace in Florence.
(c) Hall of the Collegium Romanum in Rome.
(d) Galileo's home.
2. Where did Ludovico Marsili's letter say he has studied?
3. Whom does the Inquisitor have taking a transcript of the conversation between Galileo and Cardinals Bellarmin and Barberini?
(b) The lady in waiting.
(d) The clerks playing chess.
4. What do the Duke and his Court attend after leaving Galileo's home?
(a) A trial.
(b) A knighting.
(c) The Court Ball.
(d) An inquisition.
5. What does Galileo tell the Curator would "save millions of scudi in navigation"?
(a) New ocean maps.
(b) New ships.
(c) New star charts.
(d) The telescope.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Curator, what republic refuses the Inquisition any say in scientific affairs?
2. Why does the Grand Duke of Tuscany come to Galileo's home?
3. Where does Galileo place the Ptolemaic system for Andrea to find?
4. What does Galileo use to represent the Earth when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
5. According to Bellarmin, whose teachings have been found, by the Holy Office, to be "futile, foolish and heretical"?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)