|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes III - IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarti offer to the Grand Duke as his Court is leaving at the end of Scene IV?
(a) A flower.
(b) A biscuit.
(c) An apple.
(d) A milk.
2. What does Galileo tell the Curator would "save millions of scudi in navigation"?
(a) New star charts.
(b) New ocean maps.
(c) The telescope.
(d) New ships.
3. Why does Galileo tell Virginia that they move to Florence?
(a) To find her a husband.
(b) So that he could sell his telescopes.
(c) To work for the University.
(d) So he could be the Court Mathematician.
4. What sickness was the "Old Gentlemen" discussing as they climbed the stairs to see the telescope?
(a) The plague.
(d) Larsen Sydnrome.
5. Who does the Chamberlain say is the name of the Astronomer-in-Chief at the Papal College in Rome?
(a) Father Christopher Clavius.
(b) Father Christophe Cleminez.
(c) Father Franz Wistne.
(d) Father Micheal Measter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Galileo tell Sagredo the spots on stars were?
2. In the Ptolemaic system model, what does Galileo claim moved?
3. Where does Galileo tell Sagredo that the light from the moon comes from?
4. When Sagredo asks Galileo about where God was, what is Galileo's answer?
5. While talking to Andrea about the ships that had found new continents, what does Galileo call the "dreaded ocean"?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)