|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes III - IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Galileo use to represent the Earth when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
(a) A loaf of bread.
(b) A milk bottle.
(d) A chair.
2. How many stars does Galileo find revolved around Jupiter?
(a) 1 stars.
(b) 3 stars.
(c) 4 stars.
(d) 6 stars.
3. How old is Andrea in Scene I?
(a) 12 years old.
(b) 8 years old.
(c) 14 years old.
(d) 10 years old.
4. What year is it in the opening of the play?
5. When, according to Galileo, does he "get most inspiration"?
(a) When he looked at the stars.
(b) When he thought about Virginia's dowry.
(c) When he read.
(d) When he ate.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country does the Curator tell Galileo that telescopes were sold in markets?
2. What happens to Signor Giordano Bruno "because he was not a Venetian and also had no appointment here"?
3. What prediction does Galileo make to Andrea about astronomy?
4. According to the Curator, what republic refuses the Inquisition any say in scientific affairs?
5. How many years did Sarti work for Monsignor Filippo before working for Galileo?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)