|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes III - IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Galileo tell Virginia that they move to Florence?
(a) So he could be the Court Mathematician.
(b) To find her a husband.
(c) To work for the University.
(d) So that he could sell his telescopes.
2. What does Galileo say he bought instead of paying the milkman?
3. While talking to Andrea about the ships that had found new continents, what does Galileo call the "dreaded ocean"?
(a) A puddle.
(b) A pond.
(c) A pool.
(d) A lake.
4. What year is it in the opening of the play?
5. Where does Galileo tell Sagredo that the light from the moon comes from?
(a) The sun.
(d) The moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many fixed stars does Galileo tell Sagredo were in the constellation of Orion?
2. In what country does the Curator tell Galileo that telescopes were sold in markets?
3. What does Galileo tell the Curator would "save millions of scudi in navigation"?
4. Who does the Chamberlain say is the name of the Astronomer-in-Chief at the Papal College in Rome?
5. In the Ptolemaic system model, what does Galileo claim moved?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)