|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes III - IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When, according to Galileo, does he "get most inspiration"?
(a) When he looked at the stars.
(b) When he read.
(c) When he ate.
(d) When he thought about Virginia's dowry.
2. In what city does Galileo teach mathematics in the opening of the play?
3. According to Galileo, who were the ones that were "no longer moved by reason"?
(a) "The men who turned their backs on science."
(b) "The disciples of religion."
(c) "The dead."
(d) "The skeptics."
4. How old is Galileo when he was arguing with the Curator about salary?
(a) 35 years old.
(b) 76 years old.
(c) 27 years old.
(d) 46 years old.
5. What does Galileo use to represent the sun when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
(a) A chair.
(b) A wash basin.
(c) A table.
(d) A lamp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it in the opening of the play?
2. Who does the Chamberlain say is the name of the Astronomer-in-Chief at the Papal College in Rome?
3. What is the date of the opening of Scene III?
4. Why does Andrea leave the room when Galileo was asking the men from the courts to look through the telescope?
5. Who does the Philosopher say is "an authority recognized not only by the entire learning of antiquity, but also by the Holy Fathers of the Church"?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)