|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes III - IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Duke and his Court attend after leaving Galileo's home?
(a) A trial.
(b) An inquisition.
(c) A knighting.
(d) The Court Ball.
2. What prediction does Galileo make to Andrea about astronomy?
(a) That "astronomy will be honored by Kings and Queens."
(b) That "astronomy will be talked about in the market-places."
(c) That "astronomy will be challenged again and again."
(d) That "astronomy will never falter him."
3. What does Galileo tell Sagredo the spots on stars were?
4. Where does Galileo place the Ptolemaic system for Andrea to find?
(a) Behind the star charts.
(b) In the teapot.
(c) In the broom closet.
(d) Under the table.
5. What epicyclical orbit does Galileo draw on the blackboard when describing his discovery to the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
(d) The sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Ludovico say the invention he saw in Holland was?
2. What is the name of the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
3. When, according to Galileo, does he "get most inspiration"?
4. According to Galileo, who were the ones that were "no longer moved by reason"?
5. What does Galileo use to represent the Earth when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)