|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes III - IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much is the private tuition that Galileo initially was going to charge Ludovico?
(a) Five scudi a month.
(b) Fifty scudi a month.
(c) Fifteen scudi a month.
(d) Ten scudi a month.
2. What are the globes on the Ptolemaic system model made of?
3. How old is Galileo's daughter, Virginia, in Scene II?
(a) 11 years old.
(b) 17 years old.
(c) 15 years old.
(d) 12 years old.
4. What bell rings as Virginia entered her father's room? (Scene III)
(a) A bell signaling lunch.
(b) An evening bell.
(c) A noon bell.
(d) A bell for early Mass.
5. Where does Galileo tell Sagredo that the light from the moon comes from?
(b) The moon.
(c) The sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Signor Giordano Bruno "because he was not a Venetian and also had no appointment here"?
2. What does Sarti offer to the Grand Duke as his Court is leaving at the end of Scene IV?
3. What epicyclical orbit does Galileo draw on the blackboard when describing his discovery to the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
4. What is the date of the opening of Scene III?
5. What object does Andrea tell Galileo not to use because "You can prove anything with them"?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)