|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes III - IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Ptolemaic system model, what does Galileo claim moved?
(a) Only the sun.
(b) Only the planets.
(c) Only the stars.
2. In what city does Galileo teach mathematics in the opening of the play?
3. Where does Scene IV open?
(a) The marketplace.
(b) Galileo's home in Florence.
(c) Virginia's home.
(d) The University in Florence.
4. How many years did Sarti work for Monsignor Filippo before working for Galileo?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 7 years.
5. Who does Andrea tell his mother had "worked out" that the Earth went around the sun?
Short Answer Questions
1. When, according to Galileo, does he "get most inspiration"?
2. How old is Galileo's daughter, Virginia, in Scene II?
3. What does Galileo tell the Curator would "save millions of scudi in navigation"?
4. How much is the private tuition that Galileo initially was going to charge Ludovico?
5. While talking to Andrea about the ships that had found new continents, what does Galileo call the "dreaded ocean"?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)