|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes III - IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Chamberlain say is the name of the Astronomer-in-Chief at the Papal College in Rome?
(a) Father Christophe Cleminez.
(b) Father Christopher Clavius.
(c) Father Franz Wistne.
(d) Father Micheal Measter.
2. What does Galileo tell the Curator would "save millions of scudi in navigation"?
(a) New ocean maps.
(b) The telescope.
(c) New star charts.
(d) New ships.
3. How many stars does Galileo find revolved around Jupiter?
(a) 6 stars.
(b) 4 stars.
(c) 1 stars.
(d) 3 stars.
4. What year is it in the opening of the play?
5. When discussing Galileo's findings regarding the movement of stars, who did the Philosopher think Signer Federzoni was?
(a) Galileo's student.
(b) Galileo's lens-grinder.
(c) Galileo's son-in-law.
(d) Galileo's manservant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Cosimo and Andrea break during their fighting on the floor?
2. How old is Andrea in Scene I?
3. In the Ptolemaic system model, what does Galileo claim moved?
4. What is the date of the opening of Scene III?
5. What invention does Ludovico tell Galileo about that he has just seen in Holland?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)