|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes III - IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Chamberlain say is the name of the Astronomer-in-Chief at the Papal College in Rome?
(a) Father Franz Wistne.
(b) Father Micheal Measter.
(c) Father Christophe Cleminez.
(d) Father Christopher Clavius.
2. What does Cosimo call Andrea as they fight over the models?
3. What is the name of the bailiff?
(a) Signor Franco.
(b) Signor Cambione.
(c) Signor Parente.
(d) Signor Franz.
4. What does Galileo say he bought instead of paying the milkman?
5. What does Galileo tell Andrea to put on the table? (Scene I)
Short Answer Questions
1. How many fixed stars does Galileo tell Sagredo were in the constellation of Orion?
2. After finding out about Ludovico's interests, how much does Galileo say he is going to charge him for private tuition?
3. What does the stone at the center of the Ptolemaic system model represent?
4. How old is Galileo's daughter, Virginia, in Scene II?
5. What are the globes on the Ptolemaic system model made of?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)