|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes III - IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Galileo place the Ptolemaic system for Andrea to find?
(a) In the broom closet.
(b) Under the table.
(c) Behind the star charts.
(d) In the teapot.
2. Who does the Chamberlain say is the name of the Astronomer-in-Chief at the Papal College in Rome?
(a) Father Christopher Clavius.
(b) Father Christophe Cleminez.
(c) Father Micheal Measter.
(d) Father Franz Wistne.
3. How old does Ludovico say the invention he saw in Holland was?
(a) A few days old.
(b) A month old.
(c) A few hours old.
(d) A week old.
4. Where does Galileo tell Sagredo that the light from the moon comes from?
(a) The sun.
(b) The moon.
5. How old is Galileo's daughter, Virginia, in Scene II?
(a) 17 years old.
(b) 15 years old.
(c) 12 years old.
(d) 11 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the globes on the Ptolemaic system model made of?
2. What bell rings as Virginia entered her father's room? (Scene III)
3. Why does the Grand Duke of Tuscany come to Galileo's home?
4. What is the name of the bailiff?
5. How many globes surround the center stone?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)