|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes III - IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What invention does Ludovico tell Galileo about that he has just seen in Holland?
(a) "The glass that sees."
(b) "That funny tube."
(c) "The horn that hears."
(d) "That box that talks."
2. Where did Ludovico Marsili's letter say he has studied?
3. In the Ptolemaic system model, what does Galileo claim moved?
(a) Only the stars.
(b) Only the sun.
(c) Only the planets.
4. What does Sarti offer to the Grand Duke as his Court is leaving at the end of Scene IV?
(a) A flower.
(b) A milk.
(c) An apple.
(d) A biscuit.
5. What name does Galileo want to bestow on the new stars he found?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Andrea in Scene I?
2. Why does the Grand Duke of Tuscany come to Galileo's home?
3. What do the Duke and his Court attend after leaving Galileo's home?
4. While talking to Andrea about the ships that had found new continents, what does Galileo call the "dreaded ocean"?
5. What prediction does Galileo make to Andrea about astronomy?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)