|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes III - IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While talking to Andrea about the ships that had found new continents, what does Galileo call the "dreaded ocean"?
(a) A pool.
(b) A lake.
(c) A pond.
(d) A puddle.
2. Where does Galileo place the Ptolemaic system for Andrea to find?
(a) In the broom closet.
(b) Behind the star charts.
(c) In the teapot.
(d) Under the table.
3. Why does Andrea leave the room when Galileo was asking the men from the courts to look through the telescope?
(a) Andrea needed to get water for the men.
(b) Andrea said the men were stupid.
(c) Andrea's nose started bleeding.
(d) Andrea was embarassed for fighting with Cosimo.
4. When Sagredo asks Galileo about where God was, what is Galileo's answer?
(a) "On earth, buried deeply as to not be found."
(b) "On the brightest star."
(c) "On the moon."
(d) "In us, or nowhere."
5. How many stars does Galileo find revolved around Jupiter?
(a) 6 stars.
(b) 1 stars.
(c) 4 stars.
(d) 3 stars.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years did Sarti work for Monsignor Filippo before working for Galileo?
2. What bell rings as Virginia entered her father's room? (Scene III)
3. What do the strips of paper on the Ptolemaic system model have written on them?
4. What does the Curator say that Galileo had invented for the city, calling the invention "excellent"?
5. Why does the Grand Duke of Tuscany come to Galileo's home?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)