|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes III - IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ludovico tell Galileo were his interests?
2. What invention does Ludovico tell Galileo about that he has just seen in Holland?
(a) "That box that talks."
(b) "The glass that sees."
(c) "That funny tube."
(d) "The horn that hears."
3. Where did Ludovico Marsili's letter say he has studied?
4. What does the stone at the center of the Ptolemaic system model represent?
(c) The sun.
(d) The moon.
5. Who does Andrea tell his mother had "worked out" that the Earth went around the sun?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarti offer to the Grand Duke as his Court is leaving at the end of Scene IV?
2. Where does Galileo tell Sagredo that the light from the moon comes from?
3. In what city does Galileo teach mathematics in the opening of the play?
4. What do the Duke and his Court attend after leaving Galileo's home?
5. What object does Andrea tell Galileo not to use because "You can prove anything with them"?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)