|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes III - IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Cosimo and Andrea break during their fighting on the floor?
(a) The telescope.
(b) A chair.
(c) A star model.
(d) The Ptolemaic model.
2. After finding out about Ludovico's interests, how much does Galileo say he is going to charge him for private tuition?
(a) Fifteen scudi a month.
(b) Twenty scudi a month.
(c) Ten scudi a month.
3. When, according to Galileo, does he "get most inspiration"?
(a) When he looked at the stars.
(b) When he read.
(c) When he thought about Virginia's dowry.
(d) When he ate.
4. Where does Galileo tell Sagredo that the light from the moon comes from?
(a) The moon.
(b) The sun.
5. What prediction does Galileo make to Andrea about astronomy?
(a) That "astronomy will be talked about in the market-places."
(b) That "astronomy will be challenged again and again."
(c) That "astronomy will be honored by Kings and Queens."
(d) That "astronomy will never falter him."
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does Galileo teach mathematics in the opening of the play?
2. What does Galileo use to represent the Earth when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
3. What does the stone at the center of the Ptolemaic system model represent?
4. Why does the Grand Duke of Tuscany come to Galileo's home?
5. What invention does Ludovico tell Galileo about that he has just seen in Holland?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)