|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes III - IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Duke and his Court attend after leaving Galileo's home?
(a) A trial.
(b) The Court Ball.
(c) A knighting.
(d) An inquisition.
2. What does Sarti offer to the Grand Duke as his Court is leaving at the end of Scene IV?
(a) A flower.
(b) An apple.
(c) A milk.
(d) A biscuit.
3. What does Galileo ask the men to trust when looking through the telescope at the stars?
(b) Their minds.
(c) Their hearts.
(d) Their eyes.
4. Where did Ludovico Marsili's letter say he has studied?
5. What is the name of the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
(a) Signor Ragsord.
(b) Cosimo de' Medici.
(d) His Royal Highness of Tuscany.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many fixed stars does Galileo tell Sagredo were in the constellation of Orion?
2. After finding out about Ludovico's interests, how much does Galileo say he is going to charge him for private tuition?
3. What does Cosimo call Andrea as they fight over the models?
4. When, according to Galileo, does he "get most inspiration"?
5. What does Galileo use to represent the Earth when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)