|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes III - IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Galileo tell Virginia that they move to Florence?
(a) To find her a husband.
(b) To work for the University.
(c) So he could be the Court Mathematician.
(d) So that he could sell his telescopes.
2. In what city does Galileo teach mathematics in the opening of the play?
3. What chess piece does Galileo say took to "moving all over the board"?
(a) The knight.
(b) The castle.
(c) The King.
(d) The pawn.
4. According to Galileo, who were the ones that were "no longer moved by reason"?
(a) "The men who turned their backs on science."
(b) "The skeptics."
(c) "The dead."
(d) "The disciples of religion."
5. When, according to Galileo, does he "get most inspiration"?
(a) When he looked at the stars.
(b) When he ate.
(c) When he thought about Virginia's dowry.
(d) When he read.
Short Answer Questions
1. What invention does Ludovico tell Galileo about that he has just seen in Holland?
2. What does Galileo tell Andrea to put on the table? (Scene I)
3. How much is the private tuition that Galileo initially was going to charge Ludovico?
4. What does Galileo tell Sagredo the spots on stars were?
5. How many years did Sarti work for Monsignor Filippo before working for Galileo?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)