|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes III - IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Galileo when he was arguing with the Curator about salary?
(a) 27 years old.
(b) 35 years old.
(c) 46 years old.
(d) 76 years old.
2. According to Galileo, who were the ones that were "no longer moved by reason"?
(a) "The skeptics."
(b) "The men who turned their backs on science."
(c) "The disciples of religion."
(d) "The dead."
3. What does Galileo tell Sagredo the spots on stars were?
4. Why does the Grand Duke of Tuscany come to Galileo's home?
(a) To talk to Galileo about stars.
(b) To see Andrea.
(c) To see the telescope.
(d) To talk to Santi.
5. When discussing Galileo's findings regarding the movement of stars, who did the Philosopher think Signer Federzoni was?
(a) Galileo's son-in-law.
(b) Galileo's lens-grinder.
(c) Galileo's student.
(d) Galileo's manservant.
Short Answer Questions
1. While talking to Andrea about the ships that had found new continents, what does Galileo call the "dreaded ocean"?
2. What name does Galileo want to bestow on the new stars he found?
3. Where did Ludovico Marsili's letter say he has studied?
4. Why does Galileo tell Virginia that they move to Florence?
5. How many globes surround the center stone?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)