|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes III - IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many fixed stars does Galileo tell Sagredo were in the constellation of Orion?
(a) 500 fixed stars.
(b) 5,000 fixed stars.
(c) 700 fixed stars.
(d) 150 fixed stars.
2. Why does the Grand Duke of Tuscany come to Galileo's home?
(a) To talk to Galileo about stars.
(b) To see the telescope.
(c) To talk to Santi.
(d) To see Andrea.
3. Who does the Philosopher say is "an authority recognized not only by the entire learning of antiquity, but also by the Holy Fathers of the Church"?
4. When, according to Galileo, does he "get most inspiration"?
(a) When he thought about Virginia's dowry.
(b) When he looked at the stars.
(c) When he ate.
(d) When he read.
5. What is the name of the bailiff?
(a) Signor Franco.
(b) Signor Cambione.
(c) Signor Franz.
(d) Signor Parente.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Galileo tell Andrea to put on the table? (Scene I)
2. What happens to Signor Giordano Bruno "because he was not a Venetian and also had no appointment here"?
3. What do the strips of paper on the Ptolemaic system model have written on them?
4. According to the Curator, what republic refuses the Inquisition any say in scientific affairs?
5. What does Galileo use to represent the sun when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)