|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes I - II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city does Galileo teach mathematics in the opening of the play?
2. What do the strips of paper on the Ptolemaic system model have written on them?
(a) Names of stars.
(b) Names of moons.
(c) Names of planets.
(d) Names of galaxies.
3. What does Galileo use to represent the Earth when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
(a) A chair.
(c) A milk bottle.
(d) A loaf of bread.
4. What does Sarti hand to Galileo while he was telling her about the new discoveries in science?
(a) A letter of interest in Galileo's work.
(b) A bill from the milkman.
(c) A letter of recommendation.
(d) A bill from the bookstore.
5. While talking to Andrea about the ships that had found new continents, what does Galileo call the "dreaded ocean"?
(a) A lake.
(b) A pond.
(c) A pool.
(d) A puddle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is the private tuition that Galileo initially was going to charge Ludovico?
2. What does Galileo use to represent the sun when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
3. What does Galileo say he bought instead of paying the milkman?
4. How old is Andrea in Scene I?
5. Who does Andrea tell his mother had "worked out" that the Earth went around the sun?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)