|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes I - II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the globes on the Ptolemaic system model made of?
2. What does Galileo say he bought instead of paying the milkman?
3. What does Galileo use to represent the sun when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
(a) A table.
(b) A chair.
(c) A lamp.
(d) A wash basin.
4. How much is the private tuition that Galileo initially was going to charge Ludovico?
(a) Ten scudi a month.
(b) Fifteen scudi a month.
(c) Fifty scudi a month.
(d) Five scudi a month.
5. What do the strips of paper on the Ptolemaic system model have written on them?
(a) Names of planets.
(b) Names of stars.
(c) Names of moons.
(d) Names of galaxies.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Curator, what republic refuses the Inquisition any say in scientific affairs?
2. What does Ludovico tell Galileo were his interests?
3. After finding out about Ludovico's interests, how much does Galileo say he is going to charge him for private tuition?
4. What does Galileo use to represent the Earth when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
5. What is the name of the bailiff?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)