|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes I - II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the globes on the Ptolemaic system model made of?
2. What prediction does Galileo make to Andrea about astronomy?
(a) That "astronomy will be honored by Kings and Queens."
(b) That "astronomy will never falter him."
(c) That "astronomy will be talked about in the market-places."
(d) That "astronomy will be challenged again and again."
3. What does Galileo tell Andrea to put on the table? (Scene I)
4. While talking to Andrea about the ships that had found new continents, what does Galileo call the "dreaded ocean"?
(a) A lake.
(b) A pond.
(c) A puddle.
(d) A pool.
5. After finding out about Ludovico's interests, how much does Galileo say he is going to charge him for private tuition?
(b) Ten scudi a month.
(c) Fifteen scudi a month.
(d) Twenty scudi a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Ptolemaic system model, what does Galileo claim moved?
2. What does Galileo use to represent the sun when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
3. What invention does Ludovico tell Galileo about that he has just seen in Holland?
4. What is the name of the bailiff?
5. According to the Curator, what republic refuses the Inquisition any say in scientific affairs?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)