|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes I - II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Ludovico Marsili's letter say he has studied?
2. According to the Curator, what republic refuses the Inquisition any say in scientific affairs?
3. Where does Galileo place the Ptolemaic system for Andrea to find?
(a) Behind the star charts.
(b) Under the table.
(c) In the teapot.
(d) In the broom closet.
4. What prediction does Galileo make to Andrea about astronomy?
(a) That "astronomy will be honored by Kings and Queens."
(b) That "astronomy will be talked about in the market-places."
(c) That "astronomy will never falter him."
(d) That "astronomy will be challenged again and again."
5. What does Galileo tell Andrea to put on the table? (Scene I)
Short Answer Questions
1. What invention does Ludovico tell Galileo about that he has just seen in Holland?
2. How many globes surround the center stone?
3. What chess piece does Galileo say took to "moving all over the board"?
4. What is the name of the bailiff?
5. What happens to Signor Giordano Bruno "because he was not a Venetian and also had no appointment here"?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)