|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes I - II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many globes surround the center stone?
(a) 10 globes.
(b) 8 globes.
(c) 9 globes.
(d) 12 globes.
2. What year is it in the opening of the play?
3. What happens to Signor Giordano Bruno "because he was not a Venetian and also had no appointment here"?
(a) He was imprisoned.
(b) He was banished from the city.
(c) He was burned at the stake.
(d) He was hung.
4. What object does Andrea tell Galileo not to use because "You can prove anything with them"?
(a) A ball of yarn.
(b) A pear.
(c) An orange.
(d) An apple.
5. What prediction does Galileo make to Andrea about astronomy?
(a) That "astronomy will be honored by Kings and Queens."
(b) That "astronomy will never falter him."
(c) That "astronomy will be challenged again and again."
(d) That "astronomy will be talked about in the market-places."
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does Galileo teach mathematics in the opening of the play?
2. What do the strips of paper on the Ptolemaic system model have written on them?
3. Where does Galileo place the Ptolemaic system for Andrea to find?
4. What does Ludovico tell Galileo were his interests?
5. What does Galileo use to represent the sun when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)