|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes I - II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the bailiff?
(a) Signor Cambione.
(b) Signor Parente.
(c) Signor Franz.
(d) Signor Franco.
2. What do the strips of paper on the Ptolemaic system model have written on them?
(a) Names of galaxies.
(b) Names of stars.
(c) Names of moons.
(d) Names of planets.
3. What does Galileo use to represent the sun when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
(a) A wash basin.
(b) A lamp.
(c) A table.
(d) A chair.
4. How old does Ludovico say the invention he saw in Holland was?
(a) A few days old.
(b) A week old.
(c) A month old.
(d) A few hours old.
5. According to the Curator, what republic refuses the Inquisition any say in scientific affairs?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the stone at the center of the Ptolemaic system model represent?
2. How old is Galileo's daughter, Virginia, in Scene II?
3. What object does Andrea tell Galileo not to use because "You can prove anything with them"?
4. In what city does Galileo teach mathematics in the opening of the play?
5. How many globes surround the center stone?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)