|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes I - II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ludovico tell Galileo were his interests?
2. What happens to Signor Giordano Bruno "because he was not a Venetian and also had no appointment here"?
(a) He was banished from the city.
(b) He was imprisoned.
(c) He was burned at the stake.
(d) He was hung.
3. What object does Andrea tell Galileo not to use because "You can prove anything with them"?
(a) An apple.
(b) A pear.
(c) An orange.
(d) A ball of yarn.
4. What prediction does Galileo make to Andrea about astronomy?
(a) That "astronomy will be talked about in the market-places."
(b) That "astronomy will be challenged again and again."
(c) That "astronomy will be honored by Kings and Queens."
(d) That "astronomy will never falter him."
5. What does Galileo use to represent the Earth when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
(b) A chair.
(c) A milk bottle.
(d) A loaf of bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarti hand to Galileo while he was telling her about the new discoveries in science?
2. Where did Ludovico Marsili's letter say he has studied?
3. What does Galileo tell Andrea to put on the table? (Scene I)
4. What does the stone at the center of the Ptolemaic system model represent?
5. What is the name of the bailiff?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)