|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes I - II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the stone at the center of the Ptolemaic system model represent?
(c) The moon.
(d) The sun.
2. What year is it in the opening of the play?
3. Where does Galileo place the Ptolemaic system for Andrea to find?
(a) In the broom closet.
(b) In the teapot.
(c) Behind the star charts.
(d) Under the table.
4. In the Ptolemaic system model, what does Galileo claim moved?
(a) Only the stars.
(b) Only the sun.
(d) Only the planets.
5. What does Galileo use to represent the sun when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
(a) A table.
(b) A chair.
(c) A wash basin.
(d) A lamp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the globes on the Ptolemaic system model made of?
2. While talking to Andrea about the ships that had found new continents, what does Galileo call the "dreaded ocean"?
3. What happens to Signor Giordano Bruno "because he was not a Venetian and also had no appointment here"?
4. Where did Ludovico Marsili's letter say he has studied?
5. Who does Andrea tell his mother had "worked out" that the Earth went around the sun?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)