|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes I - II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Ptolemaic system model, what does Galileo claim moved?
(a) Only the stars.
(c) Only the sun.
(d) Only the planets.
2. What does Galileo say he bought instead of paying the milkman?
3. How much is the private tuition that Galileo initially was going to charge Ludovico?
(a) Fifty scudi a month.
(b) Ten scudi a month.
(c) Five scudi a month.
(d) Fifteen scudi a month.
4. What invention does Ludovico tell Galileo about that he has just seen in Holland?
(a) "That funny tube."
(b) "That box that talks."
(c) "The horn that hears."
(d) "The glass that sees."
5. Where did Ludovico Marsili's letter say he has studied?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many globes surround the center stone?
2. What chess piece does Galileo say took to "moving all over the board"?
3. What is the name of the bailiff?
4. How old is Andrea in Scene I?
5. What does Galileo use to represent the sun when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)