|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes I - II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Galileo place the Ptolemaic system for Andrea to find?
(a) Under the table.
(b) In the broom closet.
(c) In the teapot.
(d) Behind the star charts.
2. How old is Galileo's daughter, Virginia, in Scene II?
(a) 15 years old.
(b) 11 years old.
(c) 17 years old.
(d) 12 years old.
3. According to the Curator, what republic refuses the Inquisition any say in scientific affairs?
4. What does the stone at the center of the Ptolemaic system model represent?
(b) The sun.
(d) The moon.
5. In the Ptolemaic system model, what does Galileo claim moved?
(a) Only the stars.
(b) Only the sun.
(d) Only the planets.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Ludovico say the invention he saw in Holland was?
2. How much is the private tuition that Galileo initially was going to charge Ludovico?
3. What happens to Signor Giordano Bruno "because he was not a Venetian and also had no appointment here"?
4. What are the globes on the Ptolemaic system model made of?
5. What do the strips of paper on the Ptolemaic system model have written on them?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)