|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes I - II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Andrea in Scene I?
(a) 14 years old.
(b) 8 years old.
(c) 12 years old.
(d) 10 years old.
2. What does Galileo use to represent the Earth when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
(a) A milk bottle.
(c) A chair.
(d) A loaf of bread.
3. Where did Ludovico Marsili's letter say he has studied?
4. What does Galileo use to represent the sun when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
(a) A wash basin.
(b) A lamp.
(c) A table.
(d) A chair.
5. What does Ludovico tell Galileo were his interests?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Galileo tell Andrea to put on the table? (Scene I)
2. In what city does Galileo teach mathematics in the opening of the play?
3. Where does Galileo place the Ptolemaic system for Andrea to find?
4. How much is the private tuition that Galileo initially was going to charge Ludovico?
5. While talking to Andrea about the ships that had found new continents, what does Galileo call the "dreaded ocean"?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)