|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes I - II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Andrea in Scene I?
(a) 14 years old.
(b) 10 years old.
(c) 12 years old.
(d) 8 years old.
2. What does Galileo tell Andrea to put on the table? (Scene I)
3. After finding out about Ludovico's interests, how much does Galileo say he is going to charge him for private tuition?
(a) Ten scudi a month.
(c) Twenty scudi a month.
(d) Fifteen scudi a month.
4. What does the stone at the center of the Ptolemaic system model represent?
(a) The sun.
(b) The moon.
5. What prediction does Galileo make to Andrea about astronomy?
(a) That "astronomy will be challenged again and again."
(b) That "astronomy will be honored by Kings and Queens."
(c) That "astronomy will be talked about in the market-places."
(d) That "astronomy will never falter him."
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Curator, what republic refuses the Inquisition any say in scientific affairs?
2. How old is Galileo's daughter, Virginia, in Scene II?
3. Where does Galileo place the Ptolemaic system for Andrea to find?
4. What chess piece does Galileo say took to "moving all over the board"?
5. Who does Andrea tell his mother had "worked out" that the Earth went around the sun?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)