|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes I - II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ludovico tell Galileo were his interests?
2. What invention does Ludovico tell Galileo about that he has just seen in Holland?
(a) "That box that talks."
(b) "The glass that sees."
(c) "That funny tube."
(d) "The horn that hears."
3. In the Ptolemaic system model, what does Galileo claim moved?
(a) Only the stars.
(b) Only the sun.
(d) Only the planets.
4. How old is Galileo when he was arguing with the Curator about salary?
(a) 35 years old.
(b) 27 years old.
(c) 76 years old.
(d) 46 years old.
5. After finding out about Ludovico's interests, how much does Galileo say he is going to charge him for private tuition?
(b) Twenty scudi a month.
(c) Ten scudi a month.
(d) Fifteen scudi a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it in the opening of the play?
2. While talking to Andrea about the ships that had found new continents, what does Galileo call the "dreaded ocean"?
3. In what city does Galileo teach mathematics in the opening of the play?
4. How old does Ludovico say the invention he saw in Holland was?
5. What does Galileo say he bought instead of paying the milkman?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)