|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes I - II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Signor Giordano Bruno "because he was not a Venetian and also had no appointment here"?
(a) He was burned at the stake.
(b) He was banished from the city.
(c) He was hung.
(d) He was imprisoned.
2. While talking to Andrea about the ships that had found new continents, what does Galileo call the "dreaded ocean"?
(a) A puddle.
(b) A pool.
(c) A pond.
(d) A lake.
3. How much is the private tuition that Galileo initially was going to charge Ludovico?
(a) Ten scudi a month.
(b) Five scudi a month.
(c) Fifty scudi a month.
(d) Fifteen scudi a month.
4. What does Galileo tell Andrea to put on the table? (Scene I)
5. In what city does Galileo teach mathematics in the opening of the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the stone at the center of the Ptolemaic system model represent?
2. What year is it in the opening of the play?
3. How many globes surround the center stone?
4. Where does Galileo place the Ptolemaic system for Andrea to find?
5. How old is Andrea in Scene I?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)