|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes I - II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many globes surround the center stone?
(a) 12 globes.
(b) 8 globes.
(c) 10 globes.
(d) 9 globes.
2. What does Galileo use to represent the sun when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
(a) A wash basin.
(b) A chair.
(c) A lamp.
(d) A table.
3. In the Ptolemaic system model, what does Galileo claim moved?
(a) Only the sun.
(b) Only the planets.
(d) Only the stars.
4. According to the Curator, what republic refuses the Inquisition any say in scientific affairs?
5. After finding out about Ludovico's interests, how much does Galileo say he is going to charge him for private tuition?
(a) Ten scudi a month.
(b) Twenty scudi a month.
(d) Fifteen scudi a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prediction does Galileo make to Andrea about astronomy?
2. What happens to Signor Giordano Bruno "because he was not a Venetian and also had no appointment here"?
3. What does the stone at the center of the Ptolemaic system model represent?
4. How old is Galileo when he was arguing with the Curator about salary?
5. In what city does Galileo teach mathematics in the opening of the play?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)