|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes I - II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much is the private tuition that Galileo initially was going to charge Ludovico?
(a) Ten scudi a month.
(b) Fifty scudi a month.
(c) Fifteen scudi a month.
(d) Five scudi a month.
2. What are the globes on the Ptolemaic system model made of?
3. Who does Andrea tell his mother had "worked out" that the Earth went around the sun?
4. What prediction does Galileo make to Andrea about astronomy?
(a) That "astronomy will be honored by Kings and Queens."
(b) That "astronomy will be challenged again and again."
(c) That "astronomy will never falter him."
(d) That "astronomy will be talked about in the market-places."
5. What does Galileo use to represent the Earth when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
(a) A milk bottle.
(b) A loaf of bread.
(d) A chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What chess piece does Galileo say took to "moving all over the board"?
2. What does Galileo say he bought instead of paying the milkman?
3. What year is it in the opening of the play?
4. What is the name of the bailiff?
5. Where did Ludovico Marsili's letter say he has studied?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)