|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes I - II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much is the private tuition that Galileo initially was going to charge Ludovico?
(a) Ten scudi a month.
(b) Five scudi a month.
(c) Fifty scudi a month.
(d) Fifteen scudi a month.
2. What does the stone at the center of the Ptolemaic system model represent?
(a) The sun.
(c) The moon.
3. What prediction does Galileo make to Andrea about astronomy?
(a) That "astronomy will be talked about in the market-places."
(b) That "astronomy will never falter him."
(c) That "astronomy will be challenged again and again."
(d) That "astronomy will be honored by Kings and Queens."
4. How old does Ludovico say the invention he saw in Holland was?
(a) A few days old.
(b) A week old.
(c) A few hours old.
(d) A month old.
5. What happens to Signor Giordano Bruno "because he was not a Venetian and also had no appointment here"?
(a) He was banished from the city.
(b) He was burned at the stake.
(c) He was hung.
(d) He was imprisoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Galileo say he bought instead of paying the milkman?
2. How old is Galileo's daughter, Virginia, in Scene II?
3. What does Galileo use to represent the Earth when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
4. What is the name of the bailiff?
5. After finding out about Ludovico's interests, how much does Galileo say he is going to charge him for private tuition?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)