|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes I - II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Ptolemaic system model, what does Galileo claim moved?
(a) Only the sun.
(b) Only the stars.
(c) Only the planets.
2. What does Galileo tell Andrea to put on the table? (Scene I)
3. What do the strips of paper on the Ptolemaic system model have written on them?
(a) Names of planets.
(b) Names of moons.
(c) Names of galaxies.
(d) Names of stars.
4. According to the Curator, what republic refuses the Inquisition any say in scientific affairs?
5. How old does Ludovico say the invention he saw in Holland was?
(a) A month old.
(b) A week old.
(c) A few hours old.
(d) A few days old.
Short Answer Questions
1. After finding out about Ludovico's interests, how much does Galileo say he is going to charge him for private tuition?
2. What object does Andrea tell Galileo not to use because "You can prove anything with them"?
3. What year is it in the opening of the play?
4. What prediction does Galileo make to Andrea about astronomy?
5. What does the stone at the center of the Ptolemaic system model represent?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)