|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes I - II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many globes surround the center stone?
(a) 12 globes.
(b) 9 globes.
(c) 10 globes.
(d) 8 globes.
2. While talking to Andrea about the ships that had found new continents, what does Galileo call the "dreaded ocean"?
(a) A puddle.
(b) A pond.
(c) A lake.
(d) A pool.
3. What happens to Signor Giordano Bruno "because he was not a Venetian and also had no appointment here"?
(a) He was burned at the stake.
(b) He was banished from the city.
(c) He was hung.
(d) He was imprisoned.
4. What are the globes on the Ptolemaic system model made of?
5. Where did Ludovico Marsili's letter say he has studied?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarti hand to Galileo while he was telling her about the new discoveries in science?
2. According to the Curator, what republic refuses the Inquisition any say in scientific affairs?
3. What does Ludovico tell Galileo were his interests?
4. What chess piece does Galileo say took to "moving all over the board"?
5. What year is it in the opening of the play?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)