|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XIII - XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Inquisitor want to keep while "damning" Galileo's writings?
(a) Star charts.
(b) The scientific mind.
(c) The ocean charts.
(d) The telescope.
2. Who, from Amsterdam, wanted Andrea to ask about Galileo's health?
3. Why does Galileo tell Virginia that they move to Florence?
(a) To find her a husband.
(b) To work for the University.
(c) So he could be the Court Mathematician.
(d) So that he could sell his telescopes.
4. What, according to Andrea, do the people of Paris and Prague believe sunspots were?
(a) Surface winds.
(b) Vapors from the sun.
(c) Swarms of stars.
5. At the end of Scene IX, what awaits Galileo?
(b) His Highness, the Grand Duke.
(c) The coach of the Holy Inquisition.
(d) The Florentine Court.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country does the Curator tell Galileo that telescopes were sold in markets?
2. What is the date of the opening of Scene III?
3. What does the First Scholar see that Galileo dropped?
4. How many months of pay does the Court owe Galileo? (in Scene Nine)
5. What does Galileo say he bought instead of paying the milkman?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)