Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes IX - X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Scene Seven, the "Little Monk" told Galileo that he cannot understand what?
(a) A drawing.
(b) A model.
(c) A sentence.
(d) A word.
2. What does Galileo claim is ruining Virginia's complexion?
(a) Going to early Mass.
(b) Worrying about Ludovico.
(c) Finding a new husband.
(d) Worrying about her father.
3. What does Galileo tell Sagredo the spots on stars were?
4. At the ball, what mask does Barberini wear? (Scene VI)
(a) That of a jester.
(b) That of a dove.
(c) That of a tiger.
(d) That of a mime.
5. What is the only thing that the people from the "Little Monk's" village knew about?
Short Answer Questions
1. What invention does Ludovico tell Galileo about that he has just seen in Holland?
2. What does Ludovico tell Galileo were his interests?
3. What does Cosimo call Andrea as they fight over the models?
4. Where had the "Little Monk" grown up?
5. While talking to Andrea about the ships that had found new continents, what does Galileo call the "dreaded ocean"?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)