Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes V - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Chamberlain say is the name of the Astronomer-in-Chief at the Papal College in Rome?
(a) Father Christophe Cleminez.
(b) Father Franz Wistne.
(c) Father Micheal Measter.
(d) Father Christopher Clavius.
2. Who enters the room after the "Very Old Cardinal" collapses?
(d) The Duke of Florence.
3. What object does Andrea tell Galileo not to use because "You can prove anything with them"?
(a) A pear.
(b) An apple.
(c) An orange.
(d) A ball of yarn.
4. How many years did Sarti work for Monsignor Filippo before working for Galileo?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 7 years.
5. According to Bellarmin, whose teachings have been found, by the Holy Office, to be "futile, foolish and heretical"?
(a) Plato's teachings.
(b) Copernicus' teachings.
(c) Socrates' teachings.
(d) Galileo's teachings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Galileo use to represent the sun when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
2. What does Galileo say he bought instead of paying the milkman?
3. What is the date of the opening of Scene III?
4. Why does Andrea leave the room when Galileo was asking the men from the courts to look through the telescope?
5. What are the globes on the Ptolemaic system model made of?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)