|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes III - IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bell rings as Virginia entered her father's room? (Scene III)
(a) A noon bell.
(b) A bell for early Mass.
(c) An evening bell.
(d) A bell signaling lunch.
2. What does Cosimo call Andrea as they fight over the models?
3. How old is Andrea in Scene I?
(a) 12 years old.
(b) 14 years old.
(c) 8 years old.
(d) 10 years old.
4. What does Galileo tell Sagredo the spots on stars were?
5. When, according to Galileo, does he "get most inspiration"?
(a) When he thought about Virginia's dowry.
(b) When he looked at the stars.
(c) When he read.
(d) When he ate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prediction does Galileo make to Andrea about astronomy?
2. While talking to Andrea about the ships that had found new continents, what does Galileo call the "dreaded ocean"?
3. How much is the private tuition that Galileo initially was going to charge Ludovico?
4. How many fixed stars does Galileo tell Sagredo were in the constellation of Orion?
5. Where does Galileo place the Ptolemaic system for Andrea to find?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)