Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes I - II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Ludovico Marsili's letter say he has studied?
2. After finding out about Ludovico's interests, how much does Galileo say he is going to charge him for private tuition?
(a) Fifteen scudi a month.
(b) Ten scudi a month.
(d) Twenty scudi a month.
3. What are the globes on the Ptolemaic system model made of?
4. How old is Andrea in Scene I?
(a) 10 years old.
(b) 12 years old.
(c) 14 years old.
(d) 8 years old.
5. What does Galileo use to represent the sun when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
(a) A chair.
(b) A wash basin.
(c) A lamp.
(d) A table.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the stone at the center of the Ptolemaic system model represent?
2. Where does Galileo place the Ptolemaic system for Andrea to find?
3. In the Ptolemaic system model, what does Galileo claim moved?
4. What does Galileo use to represent the Earth when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
5. In what city does Galileo teach mathematics in the opening of the play?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)