|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Galileo say are his "favorite readings"?
(a) Socrates and Homer.
(b) Aristotle and Plato.
(c) The Bible and Socrates.
(d) The Bible and Homer.
2. What does Cosimo call Andrea as they fight over the models?
3. While waiting to hear news of the inquisition, what are the "Little Monk" and Federzoni doing?
(a) Watching ice float.
(b) Sinking iron needles in water.
(c) Playing chess.
(d) Making models of the solar system.
4. After the bell rang, who reads Galileo's recant on the street?
(a) The Pope.
(d) The crier.
5. What author has Galileo begun to read again? (Revealed by Galileo to the "Little Monk" during their conversation in Scene VII.)
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift is sent to Galileo by "someone passing through"? (Scene XII)
2. Who is Virginia speaking with at the end of Scene VI?
3. While talking to Andrea about the ships that had found new continents, what does Galileo call the "dreaded ocean"?
4. According to Galileo, who were the ones that were "no longer moved by reason"?
5. What does Galileo ask the men to trust when looking through the telescope at the stars?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)