|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Galileo tell Sagredo the spots on stars were?
2. What chess piece does Galileo say took to "moving all over the board"?
(a) The knight.
(b) The King.
(c) The pawn.
(d) The castle.
3. What type of language does the Inquisitor say that Galileo writes in?
(a) "The language of scholars."
(b) "The language of the Church, Ecclesiastical Latin."
(c) "The language of mathematicians."
(d) "The language of the fishwives and wool merchants."
4. Why does Andrea leave the room when Galileo was asking the men from the courts to look through the telescope?
(a) Andrea's nose started bleeding.
(b) Andrea was embarassed for fighting with Cosimo.
(c) Andrea said the men were stupid.
(d) Andrea needed to get water for the men.
5. Who did Galileo design a smelting-plant for?
(a) Rector Gaffone.
(d) Signor Vanni.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Scene VIII open?
2. What does Galileo claim is ruining Virginia's complexion?
3. Whose palace is the beginning of Scene IX set at?
4. What does Galileo call a man who knows the truth and calls it a lie?
5. According to the person from the Grand Duke's Palace, what bell will ring when Galileo recants his teachings?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)