|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bellarmin, whose responsibility is it to interpret the Bible?
(c) The Pope's.
(d) The theologians of the Holy Church.
2. What does Ludovico tell Galileo were his interests?
3. Who does the Philosopher say is "an authority recognized not only by the entire learning of antiquity, but also by the Holy Fathers of the Church"?
4. How many fixed stars does Galileo tell Sagredo were in the constellation of Orion?
(a) 5,000 fixed stars.
(b) 150 fixed stars.
(c) 500 fixed stars.
(d) 700 fixed stars.
5. What does the Inquisitor want to keep while "damning" Galileo's writings?
(a) Star charts.
(b) The scientific mind.
(c) The telescope.
(d) The ocean charts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Chamberlain say is the name of the Astronomer-in-Chief at the Papal College in Rome?
2. According the opening of Scene XII, where is Galileo living?
3. Who does the "Very Old Cardinal" claim was the "crown of creation"?
4. Where did Scene XI take place?
5. What does Federzoni say he would rather do if Galileo recanted his teachings?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)