|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Andrea say that Galileo could not have stayed in the Republic?
(a) Because he could not study the ocean there.
(b) Because he could not study the stars there.
(c) Because he could not publish his book there.
(d) Because he could not write his book there.
2. What does Galileo use to represent the Earth when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
(a) A milk bottle.
(b) A loaf of bread.
(c) A chair.
3. What does Galileo use to represent the sun when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
(a) A lamp.
(b) A table.
(c) A wash basin.
(d) A chair.
4. Where does Scene VIII open?
(a) The new Pope's chambers.
(b) Galileo's house in Rome.
(c) Galileo's house in Florence.
(d) The Vatican.
5. What does the Inquisitor want to keep while "damning" Galileo's writings?
(a) Star charts.
(b) The telescope.
(c) The scientific mind.
(d) The ocean charts.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Scene IX, what awaits Galileo?
2. What does the stone at the center of the Ptolemaic system model represent?
3. According the opening of Scene XII, where is Galileo living?
4. What year is it in the opening of the play?
5. What is the name of the bailiff?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)