|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the stone at the center of the Ptolemaic system model represent?
(a) The sun.
(b) The moon.
2. What epicyclical orbit does Galileo draw on the blackboard when describing his discovery to the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
(b) The sun.
3. What is the monk play-acting? (in the opening of Scene V.)
(a) The he was drunk.
(b) The he was looking at the sun through the telescope.
(c) That the Earth was spinning too fast.
(d) The he was Galileo.
4. While Galileo is in with the inquisition, what is Virginia doing?
5. Who does Galileo tell Virginia invited him to Padua?
(c) Rector Gaffone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Inquisitor want to keep while "damning" Galileo's writings?
2. How old is Virginia in Scene XII?
3. What type of language does the Inquisitor say that Galileo writes in?
4. While waiting to hear news of the inquisition, what are the "Little Monk" and Federzoni doing?
5. What year is it in the opening of the play?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)