|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What chess piece does Galileo say took to "moving all over the board"?
(a) The pawn.
(b) The King.
(c) The castle.
(d) The knight.
2. According to the "Very Thin Monk," what is equated with the home of the human race?
(a) The moons of Jupiter.
(c) A wondering star.
(d) The sun.
3. What year is it at the opening of Scene IX?
4. In Scene XI, how many days does the "Little Monk" say that Galileo had been sitting in prison?
(a) 13 days.
(b) 23 days.
(c) 47 days.
(d) 30 days.
5. What prediction does Galileo make to Andrea about astronomy?
(a) That "astronomy will be honored by Kings and Queens."
(b) That "astronomy will never falter him."
(c) That "astronomy will be challenged again and again."
(d) That "astronomy will be talked about in the market-places."
Short Answer Questions
1. What astrological sign does Ludovico align with?
2. What does Galileo tell Vanni that he values after Vanni suggests that Galileo "take up flight"?
3. After finding out about Ludovico's interests, how much does Galileo say he is going to charge him for private tuition?
4. Where does Galileo place the Ptolemaic system for Andrea to find?
5. What happens to Signor Giordano Bruno "because he was not a Venetian and also had no appointment here"?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)