|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the ball, what mask does Cardinal Bellarmin wear? (Scene VI)
(a) That of a lamb.
(b) That of a wolf.
(c) That of a clown.
(d) That of an eagle.
2. What do the Duke and his Court attend after leaving Galileo's home?
(a) A knighting.
(b) The Court Ball.
(c) An inquisition.
(d) A trial.
3. When, according to Galileo, does he "get most inspiration"?
(a) When he thought about Virginia's dowry.
(b) When he ate.
(c) When he read.
(d) When he looked at the stars.
4. What is the date at the opening of Scene XI?
(a) December 14, 1638.
(b) June 22, 1633.
(c) March 17, 1644.
(d) January 11, 1622.
5. What does the Pope tell the Inquisitor that he will not have destroyed?
(a) Mathematical cables.
(b) Galileo's writings.
(c) Copernicus' writings.
(d) Aristotle's writings.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sagredo asks Galileo about where God was, what is Galileo's answer?
2. Where does Scene VII open?
3. Where does Galileo hide a copy of his Discorsi?
4. While talking to Andrea about the ships that had found new continents, what does Galileo call the "dreaded ocean"?
5. Where does Scene IV open?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)