|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many months of pay does the Court owe Galileo? (in Scene Nine)
(a) 6 months pay.
(b) 2 months pay.
(c) 3 months pay.
(d) 12 months pay.
2. What does the stone at the center of the Ptolemaic system model represent?
(b) The moon.
(c) The sun.
3. How old is Virginia in Scene XII?
(a) About 75.
(b) About 60.
(c) About 55.
(d) About 40.
4. In Scene XI, how many days does the "Little Monk" say that Galileo had been sitting in prison?
(a) 23 days.
(b) 47 days.
(c) 30 days.
(d) 13 days.
5. When discussing Galileo's findings regarding the movement of stars, who did the Philosopher think Signer Federzoni was?
(a) Galileo's lens-grinder.
(b) Galileo's manservant.
(c) Galileo's student.
(d) Galileo's son-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the monk play-acting? (in the opening of Scene V.)
2. What are the dates that Scene XII took place?
3. How old does Ludovico say the invention he saw in Holland was?
4. According to Vanni, how many books on agriculture were published, within the last year, in London?
5. Who does the monk say that he has to have permission from before Galileo can see an eye doctor?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)