|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country does the Curator tell Galileo that telescopes were sold in markets?
2. What object does Andrea tell Galileo not to use because "You can prove anything with them"?
(a) A pear.
(b) An orange.
(c) An apple.
(d) A ball of yarn.
3. What name does Galileo want to bestow on the new stars he found?
4. Who did Galileo design a smelting-plant for?
(b) Rector Gaffone.
(d) Signor Vanni.
5. Who does Galileo say are his "favorite readings"?
(a) The Bible and Socrates.
(b) Socrates and Homer.
(c) Aristotle and Plato.
(d) The Bible and Homer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What astrological sign does Virgina align with?
2. On what date did the inquisition put the Copernican teachings on the index?
3. Whose palace is the beginning of Scene IX set at?
4. What does Galileo ask the men to trust when looking through the telescope at the stars?
5. While speaking with the "Little Monk" about his family's life, what animal does Galileo talk about ?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)