|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what day, did the opening of Scene XII, say that Galileo would be a prisoner of the Church?
(a) For 30 years.
(b) For 100 years.
(c) Until he died.
(d) For 50 years.
2. According to Galileo, if one believes in humanity, they believe in what?
(a) "Something bigger than himself."
(c) "Common sense."
(d) "That mankind is the center of all."
3. How many fixed stars does Galileo tell Sagredo were in the constellation of Orion?
(a) 150 fixed stars.
(b) 500 fixed stars.
(c) 700 fixed stars.
(d) 5,000 fixed stars.
4. Where does Galileo tell Sagredo that the light from the moon comes from?
(b) The sun.
(c) The moon.
5. What is the name of the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
(a) His Royal Highness of Tuscany.
(b) Signor Ragsord.
(c) Cosimo de' Medici.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who claims that Galileo would damn him if he (Galileo) would not see him?
2. According to Bellarmin, whose responsibility is it to interpret the Bible?
3. What does Sarti hand to Galileo while he was telling her about the new discoveries in science?
4. What astrological sign does Virgina align with?
5. According to the Curator, what republic refuses the Inquisition any say in scientific affairs?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)