|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Galileo tell Virginia that they move to Florence?
(a) So that he could sell his telescopes.
(b) To work for the University.
(c) To find her a husband.
(d) So he could be the Court Mathematician.
2. Who does the Chamberlain say is the name of the Astronomer-in-Chief at the Papal College in Rome?
(a) Father Christophe Cleminez.
(b) Father Micheal Measter.
(c) Father Franz Wistne.
(d) Father Christopher Clavius.
3. According to Galileo, what gives the "Little Monk" the right to say whatever he wishes?
(a) Hie rank.
(b) The church.
(c) His habit.
(d) The Pope.
4. When the "Little Monk" spent time with Galileo, while Galileo was in prison, to whom does Galileo compare his work?
(b) The Mayans.
5. Who did Galileo design a smelting-plant for?
(b) Signor Vanni.
(c) Rector Gaffone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Scene X open?
2. According to Bellarmin, whose teachings have been found, by the Holy Office, to be "futile, foolish and heretical"?
3. What astrological sign does Ludovico align with?
4. What does Ludovico tell Galileo were his interests?
5. According to Galileo, what "grows feeble from being abused"?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)