|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is it in the opening of the play?
2. At the end of Scene IX, what awaits Galileo?
(a) His Highness, the Grand Duke.
(b) The Florentine Court.
(c) The coach of the Holy Inquisition.
3. Why does Andrea leave the room when Galileo was asking the men from the courts to look through the telescope?
(a) Andrea needed to get water for the men.
(b) Andrea was embarassed for fighting with Cosimo.
(c) Andrea said the men were stupid.
(d) Andrea's nose started bleeding.
4. What does Galileo tell Sagredo the spots on stars were?
5. What does the new Pope, at the opening of Scene VIII, want Galileo to study?
(b) The Earth's rotation.
(c) The moon.
(d) The stars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Galileo hide a copy of his Discorsi?
2. According to Galileo, if one believes in humanity, they believe in what?
3. What author has Galileo begun to read again? (Revealed by Galileo to the "Little Monk" during their conversation in Scene VII.)
4. Why does Sarti tell Virginia to go to the University to see an astronomer?
5. What does the Pope tell the Inquisitor that Galileo could not say "no" to?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)