|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Dane determines the track of a comet?
(a) Tycho Brahe.
(d) Cosimo Medici.
2. What does Galileo call a man who knows the truth and calls it a lie?
(a) A fraud.
(b) A prophet.
(c) A criminal.
(d) A liar.
3. Who does the Inquisitor say is an expert on instruments?
(a) Cardinal Barberini.
(b) Signor Galilei.
(c) Signor Vanni.
(d) Rector Gaffone.
4. According to Vanni, how many books on agriculture were published, within the last year, in London?
(a) 14 books.
(b) 2 books.
(c) 8 books.
(d) 5 books.
5. When discussing Galileo's findings regarding the movement of stars, who did the Philosopher think Signer Federzoni was?
(a) Galileo's manservant.
(b) Galileo's lens-grinder.
(c) Galileo's student.
(d) Galileo's son-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. After finding out about Ludovico's interests, how much does Galileo say he is going to charge him for private tuition?
2. When Sagredo asks Galileo about where God was, what is Galileo's answer?
3. Who is Virginia speaking with at the end of Scene VI?
4. What type of language does the Inquisitor say that Galileo writes in?
5. What pages from Galileo's book do the Monks have?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)