|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vanni say Galileo would be better off in Venice?
(a) "Fewer skeptics."
(b) "More people to support him."
(c) "Fewer black coats."
(d) "More scientists with open minds."
2. What does the "Very Old Cardinal" call Galileo because of Galileo's claims?
(a) A thief of religion.
(b) The world's most knowledgable scientist.
(c) An enemy of the human race.
(d) An enemy of God.
3. When discussing Galileo's findings regarding the movement of stars, who did the Philosopher think Signer Federzoni was?
(a) Galileo's lens-grinder.
(b) Galileo's son-in-law.
(c) Galileo's student.
(d) Galileo's manservant.
4. According to Galileo, who were the ones that were "no longer moved by reason"?
(a) "The men who turned their backs on science."
(b) "The disciples of religion."
(c) "The skeptics."
(d) "The dead."
5. What is the only thing that the people from the "Little Monk's" village knew about?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Scene VI open?
2. According to the person from the Grand Duke's Palace, what bell will ring when Galileo recants his teachings?
3. What does the Pope tell the Inquisitor that Galileo could not say "no" to?
4. Who does Andrea tell his mother had "worked out" that the Earth went around the sun?
5. Who does Galileo tell Virginia that he was afraid of?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)