|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Galileo hide a copy of his Discorsi?
(a) A false bottom in his desk.
(b) The globe.
(c) In his bed.
(d) Behind his star charts.
2. What does Galileo tell Sagredo the spots on stars were?
3. According to Galileo, if one believes in humanity, they believe in what?
(a) "Common sense."
(b) "Something bigger than himself."
(c) "That mankind is the center of all."
4. According to Galileo, who were the ones that were "no longer moved by reason"?
(a) "The dead."
(b) "The men who turned their backs on science."
(c) "The skeptics."
(d) "The disciples of religion."
5. What does Galileo tell Vanni that he values after Vanni suggests that Galileo "take up flight"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What epicyclical orbit does Galileo draw on the blackboard when describing his discovery to the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
2. At the end of Scene X, what has the Pope finished doing?
3. In what city does Galileo teach mathematics in the opening of the play?
4. What is the date of the opening of Scene III?
5. To what day, did the opening of Scene XII, say that Galileo would be a prisoner of the Church?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)