|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes III - IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the strips of paper on the Ptolemaic system model have written on them?
(a) Names of moons.
(b) Names of galaxies.
(c) Names of planets.
(d) Names of stars.
2. Who does the Chamberlain say is the name of the Astronomer-in-Chief at the Papal College in Rome?
(a) Father Christophe Cleminez.
(b) Father Christopher Clavius.
(c) Father Franz Wistne.
(d) Father Micheal Measter.
3. Who does the Philosopher say is "an authority recognized not only by the entire learning of antiquity, but also by the Holy Fathers of the Church"?
4. Where does Galileo tell Sagredo that the light from the moon comes from?
(a) The sun.
(d) The moon.
5. What happens to Signor Giordano Bruno "because he was not a Venetian and also had no appointment here"?
(a) He was banished from the city.
(b) He was burned at the stake.
(c) He was hung.
(d) He was imprisoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bell rings as Virginia entered her father's room? (Scene III)
2. How many fixed stars does Galileo tell Sagredo were in the constellation of Orion?
3. According to Galileo, who were the ones that were "no longer moved by reason"?
4. Why does Galileo tell Virginia that they move to Florence?
5. Where did Ludovico Marsili's letter say he has studied?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)