|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes III - IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Galileo use to represent the Earth when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
(b) A chair.
(c) A milk bottle.
(d) A loaf of bread.
2. How many stars does Galileo find revolved around Jupiter?
(a) 3 stars.
(b) 4 stars.
(c) 1 stars.
(d) 6 stars.
3. How much is the private tuition that Galileo initially was going to charge Ludovico?
(a) Five scudi a month.
(b) Fifteen scudi a month.
(c) Ten scudi a month.
(d) Fifty scudi a month.
4. What does Sarti hand to Galileo while he was telling her about the new discoveries in science?
(a) A letter of recommendation.
(b) A letter of interest in Galileo's work.
(c) A bill from the milkman.
(d) A bill from the bookstore.
5. When, according to Galileo, does he "get most inspiration"?
(a) When he ate.
(b) When he thought about Virginia's dowry.
(c) When he looked at the stars.
(d) When he read.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does Galileo teach mathematics in the opening of the play?
2. What does Sarti offer to the Grand Duke as his Court is leaving at the end of Scene IV?
3. What bell rings as Virginia entered her father's room? (Scene III)
4. What year is it in the opening of the play?
5. What is the name of the bailiff?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)