|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes III - IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bell rings as Virginia entered her father's room? (Scene III)
(a) A bell signaling lunch.
(b) A noon bell.
(c) A bell for early Mass.
(d) An evening bell.
2. What epicyclical orbit does Galileo draw on the blackboard when describing his discovery to the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
(b) The sun.
3. What is the name of the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
(a) Signor Ragsord.
(b) Cosimo de' Medici.
(d) His Royal Highness of Tuscany.
4. What is the name of the bailiff?
(a) Signor Parente.
(b) Signor Franz.
(c) Signor Cambione.
(d) Signor Franco.
5. Where does Galileo place the Ptolemaic system for Andrea to find?
(a) Behind the star charts.
(b) In the teapot.
(c) In the broom closet.
(d) Under the table.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Scene IV open?
2. What do the Duke and his Court attend after leaving Galileo's home?
3. What happens to Signor Giordano Bruno "because he was not a Venetian and also had no appointment here"?
4. Who does the Chamberlain say is the name of the Astronomer-in-Chief at the Papal College in Rome?
5. Who does Andrea tell his mother had "worked out" that the Earth went around the sun?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)