|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes III - IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarti hand to Galileo while he was telling her about the new discoveries in science?
(a) A letter of recommendation.
(b) A bill from the bookstore.
(c) A bill from the milkman.
(d) A letter of interest in Galileo's work.
2. How many stars does Galileo find revolved around Jupiter?
(a) 4 stars.
(b) 6 stars.
(c) 1 stars.
(d) 3 stars.
3. In the Ptolemaic system model, what does Galileo claim moved?
(a) Only the stars.
(b) Only the sun.
(c) Only the planets.
4. Where does Galileo place the Ptolemaic system for Andrea to find?
(a) Behind the star charts.
(b) In the broom closet.
(c) In the teapot.
(d) Under the table.
5. Who does the Chamberlain say is the name of the Astronomer-in-Chief at the Papal College in Rome?
(a) Father Micheal Measter.
(b) Father Christopher Clavius.
(c) Father Franz Wistne.
(d) Father Christophe Cleminez.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Galileo use to represent the Earth when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
2. In what city does Galileo teach mathematics in the opening of the play?
3. What does Galileo say he bought instead of paying the milkman?
4. What does Galileo tell Sagredo the spots on stars were?
5. How old is Galileo when he was arguing with the Curator about salary?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)