|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes III - IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Cosimo and Andrea break during their fighting on the floor?
(a) The telescope.
(b) A chair.
(c) A star model.
(d) The Ptolemaic model.
2. What prediction does Galileo make to Andrea about astronomy?
(a) That "astronomy will be challenged again and again."
(b) That "astronomy will be honored by Kings and Queens."
(c) That "astronomy will be talked about in the market-places."
(d) That "astronomy will never falter him."
3. What does Galileo use to represent the Earth when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
(a) A chair.
(b) A loaf of bread.
(c) A milk bottle.
4. What does Galileo tell Andrea to put on the table? (Scene I)
5. How many stars does Galileo find revolved around Jupiter?
(a) 6 stars.
(b) 3 stars.
(c) 1 stars.
(d) 4 stars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Galileo use to represent the sun when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
2. When, according to Galileo, does he "get most inspiration"?
3. According to Galileo, who were the ones that were "no longer moved by reason"?
4. What is the name of the bailiff?
5. What name does Galileo want to bestow on the new stars he found?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)