|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes III - IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Galileo tell Andrea to put on the table? (Scene I)
2. What do the Duke and his Court attend after leaving Galileo's home?
(a) A knighting.
(b) A trial.
(c) The Court Ball.
(d) An inquisition.
3. Who does the Chamberlain say is the name of the Astronomer-in-Chief at the Papal College in Rome?
(a) Father Christophe Cleminez.
(b) Father Christopher Clavius.
(c) Father Franz Wistne.
(d) Father Micheal Measter.
4. While talking to Andrea about the ships that had found new continents, what does Galileo call the "dreaded ocean"?
(a) A pool.
(b) A lake.
(c) A pond.
(d) A puddle.
5. When discussing Galileo's findings regarding the movement of stars, who did the Philosopher think Signer Federzoni was?
(a) Galileo's manservant.
(b) Galileo's son-in-law.
(c) Galileo's lens-grinder.
(d) Galileo's student.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Galileo want to bestow on the new stars he found?
2. What chess piece does Galileo say took to "moving all over the board"?
3. What does Sarti hand to Galileo while he was telling her about the new discoveries in science?
4. What does Cosimo call Andrea as they fight over the models?
5. Why does Galileo tell Virginia that they move to Florence?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)