|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes III - IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Galileo, if one believes in humanity, they believe in what?
(a) "Common sense."
(b) "Something bigger than himself."
(c) "That mankind is the center of all."
2. What is the name of the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
(a) Cosimo de' Medici.
(c) Signor Ragsord.
(d) His Royal Highness of Tuscany.
3. Who does Andrea tell his mother had "worked out" that the Earth went around the sun?
4. Why does Andrea leave the room when Galileo was asking the men from the courts to look through the telescope?
(a) Andrea's nose started bleeding.
(b) Andrea needed to get water for the men.
(c) Andrea said the men were stupid.
(d) Andrea was embarassed for fighting with Cosimo.
5. How old is Andrea in Scene I?
(a) 8 years old.
(b) 12 years old.
(c) 10 years old.
(d) 14 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it in the opening of the play?
2. Why does the Grand Duke of Tuscany come to Galileo's home?
3. What object does Andrea tell Galileo not to use because "You can prove anything with them"?
4. According to the Curator, what republic refuses the Inquisition any say in scientific affairs?
5. How old does Ludovico say the invention he saw in Holland was?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)