|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes III - IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Galileo's daughter, Virginia, in Scene II?
(a) 12 years old.
(b) 17 years old.
(c) 11 years old.
(d) 15 years old.
2. What prediction does Galileo make to Andrea about astronomy?
(a) That "astronomy will be challenged again and again."
(b) That "astronomy will be talked about in the market-places."
(c) That "astronomy will be honored by Kings and Queens."
(d) That "astronomy will never falter him."
3. When discussing Galileo's findings regarding the movement of stars, who did the Philosopher think Signer Federzoni was?
(a) Galileo's son-in-law.
(b) Galileo's student.
(c) Galileo's lens-grinder.
(d) Galileo's manservant.
4. Why does Galileo tell Virginia that they move to Florence?
(a) So that he could sell his telescopes.
(b) To work for the University.
(c) So he could be the Court Mathematician.
(d) To find her a husband.
5. What happens to Signor Giordano Bruno "because he was not a Venetian and also had no appointment here"?
(a) He was banished from the city.
(b) He was hung.
(c) He was imprisoned.
(d) He was burned at the stake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Galileo place the Ptolemaic system for Andrea to find?
2. In what city does Galileo teach mathematics in the opening of the play?
3. What is the date of the opening of Scene III?
4. Where does Scene IV open?
5. What do the strips of paper on the Ptolemaic system model have written on them?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)