|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes III - IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is it in the opening of the play?
2. What does Galileo tell Andrea to put on the table? (Scene I)
3. What name does Galileo want to bestow on the new stars he found?
4. According to Galileo, who were the ones that were "no longer moved by reason"?
(a) "The skeptics."
(b) "The dead."
(c) "The disciples of religion."
(d) "The men who turned their backs on science."
5. What is the name of the bailiff?
(a) Signor Franz.
(b) Signor Franco.
(c) Signor Parente.
(d) Signor Cambione.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Curator say that Galileo had invented for the city, calling the invention "excellent"?
2. How old is Galileo's daughter, Virginia, in Scene II?
3. Where does Galileo place the Ptolemaic system for Andrea to find?
4. What does Galileo tell Sagredo the spots on stars were?
5. What invention does Ludovico tell Galileo about that he has just seen in Holland?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)