|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes III - IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Cosimo and Andrea break during their fighting on the floor?
(a) The telescope.
(b) A star model.
(c) The Ptolemaic model.
(d) A chair.
2. Why does Andrea leave the room when Galileo was asking the men from the courts to look through the telescope?
(a) Andrea's nose started bleeding.
(b) Andrea needed to get water for the men.
(c) Andrea said the men were stupid.
(d) Andrea was embarassed for fighting with Cosimo.
3. Who does the Philosopher say is "an authority recognized not only by the entire learning of antiquity, but also by the Holy Fathers of the Church"?
4. In the Ptolemaic system model, what does Galileo claim moved?
(b) Only the sun.
(c) Only the stars.
(d) Only the planets.
5. According to the Curator, what republic refuses the Inquisition any say in scientific affairs?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Galileo tell Andrea to put on the table? (Scene I)
2. What sickness was the "Old Gentlemen" discussing as they climbed the stairs to see the telescope?
3. What does Galileo say he bought instead of paying the milkman?
4. Why does the Grand Duke of Tuscany come to Galileo's home?
5. What does Sarti hand to Galileo while he was telling her about the new discoveries in science?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)