|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes III - IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Andrea leave the room when Galileo was asking the men from the courts to look through the telescope?
(a) Andrea needed to get water for the men.
(b) Andrea's nose started bleeding.
(c) Andrea said the men were stupid.
(d) Andrea was embarassed for fighting with Cosimo.
2. What does Galileo use to represent the Earth when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
(a) A milk bottle.
(b) A loaf of bread.
(d) A chair.
3. What is the name of the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
(a) Cosimo de' Medici.
(c) His Royal Highness of Tuscany.
(d) Signor Ragsord.
4. What sickness was the "Old Gentlemen" discussing as they climbed the stairs to see the telescope?
(b) The plague.
(d) Larsen Sydnrome.
5. What chess piece does Galileo say took to "moving all over the board"?
(a) The King.
(b) The pawn.
(c) The knight.
(d) The castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sagredo asks Galileo about where God was, what is Galileo's answer?
2. What is the date of the opening of Scene III?
3. What does Galileo ask the men to trust when looking through the telescope at the stars?
4. What does Galileo say he bought instead of paying the milkman?
5. After finding out about Ludovico's interests, how much does Galileo say he is going to charge him for private tuition?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)