|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes III - IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Galileo use to represent the sun when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
(a) A chair.
(b) A lamp.
(c) A wash basin.
(d) A table.
2. How much is the private tuition that Galileo initially was going to charge Ludovico?
(a) Five scudi a month.
(b) Fifty scudi a month.
(c) Fifteen scudi a month.
(d) Ten scudi a month.
3. In the Ptolemaic system model, what does Galileo claim moved?
(a) Only the sun.
(c) Only the stars.
(d) Only the planets.
4. Where does Scene IV open?
(a) The marketplace.
(b) Virginia's home.
(c) The University in Florence.
(d) Galileo's home in Florence.
5. What invention does Ludovico tell Galileo about that he has just seen in Holland?
(a) "That funny tube."
(b) "That box that talks."
(c) "The glass that sees."
(d) "The horn that hears."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the stone at the center of the Ptolemaic system model represent?
2. When discussing Galileo's findings regarding the movement of stars, who did the Philosopher think Signer Federzoni was?
3. In what city does Galileo teach mathematics in the opening of the play?
4. What do Cosimo and Andrea break during their fighting on the floor?
5. While talking to Andrea about the ships that had found new continents, what does Galileo call the "dreaded ocean"?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)