|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes III - IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Galileo use to represent the Earth when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
(a) A chair.
(b) A loaf of bread.
(d) A milk bottle.
2. In what city does Galileo teach mathematics in the opening of the play?
3. What epicyclical orbit does Galileo draw on the blackboard when describing his discovery to the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
(d) The sun.
4. While talking to Andrea about the ships that had found new continents, what does Galileo call the "dreaded ocean"?
(a) A puddle.
(b) A pond.
(c) A pool.
(d) A lake.
5. Who does the Philosopher say is "an authority recognized not only by the entire learning of antiquity, but also by the Holy Fathers of the Church"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Signor Giordano Bruno "because he was not a Venetian and also had no appointment here"?
2. What does Galileo tell Sagredo the spots on stars were?
3. Who does the Chamberlain say is the name of the Astronomer-in-Chief at the Papal College in Rome?
4. How old is Galileo's daughter, Virginia, in Scene II?
5. What bell rings as Virginia entered her father's room? (Scene III)
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)