|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes III - IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Galileo use to represent the Earth when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
(a) A chair.
(b) A milk bottle.
(c) A loaf of bread.
2. What does the stone at the center of the Ptolemaic system model represent?
(a) The sun.
(c) The moon.
3. Who does the Philosopher say is "an authority recognized not only by the entire learning of antiquity, but also by the Holy Fathers of the Church"?
4. Why does Andrea leave the room when Galileo was asking the men from the courts to look through the telescope?
(a) Andrea needed to get water for the men.
(b) Andrea was embarassed for fighting with Cosimo.
(c) Andrea's nose started bleeding.
(d) Andrea said the men were stupid.
5. After finding out about Ludovico's interests, how much does Galileo say he is going to charge him for private tuition?
(a) Twenty scudi a month.
(b) Ten scudi a month.
(c) Fifteen scudi a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Grand Duke of Tuscany come to Galileo's home?
2. What year is it in the opening of the play?
3. What are the globes on the Ptolemaic system model made of?
4. How old is Galileo when he was arguing with the Curator about salary?
5. When, according to Galileo, does he "get most inspiration"?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)