|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes III - IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Curator say that Galileo had invented for the city, calling the invention "excellent"?
(a) A telescope.
(b) A drainage system.
(c) A water pump.
(d) A clock.
2. Who does the Philosopher say is "an authority recognized not only by the entire learning of antiquity, but also by the Holy Fathers of the Church"?
3. In what city does Galileo teach mathematics in the opening of the play?
4. What sickness was the "Old Gentlemen" discussing as they climbed the stairs to see the telescope?
(a) Larsen Sydnrome.
(c) The plague.
5. Why does Andrea leave the room when Galileo was asking the men from the courts to look through the telescope?
(a) Andrea's nose started bleeding.
(b) Andrea needed to get water for the men.
(c) Andrea was embarassed for fighting with Cosimo.
(d) Andrea said the men were stupid.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Galileo, who were the ones that were "no longer moved by reason"?
2. What prediction does Galileo make to Andrea about astronomy?
3. Where does Galileo place the Ptolemaic system for Andrea to find?
4. In what country does the Curator tell Galileo that telescopes were sold in markets?
5. Where does Galileo tell Sagredo that the light from the moon comes from?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)