|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes III - IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Chamberlain say is the name of the Astronomer-in-Chief at the Papal College in Rome?
(a) Father Franz Wistne.
(b) Father Micheal Measter.
(c) Father Christophe Cleminez.
(d) Father Christopher Clavius.
2. What object does Andrea tell Galileo not to use because "You can prove anything with them"?
(a) A ball of yarn.
(b) An orange.
(c) An apple.
(d) A pear.
3. After finding out about Ludovico's interests, how much does Galileo say he is going to charge him for private tuition?
(a) Ten scudi a month.
(b) Twenty scudi a month.
(c) Fifteen scudi a month.
4. In what city does Galileo teach mathematics in the opening of the play?
5. Where does Galileo tell Sagredo that the light from the moon comes from?
(c) The moon.
(d) The sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bailiff?
2. What does the stone at the center of the Ptolemaic system model represent?
3. What does Cosimo call Andrea as they fight over the models?
4. What is the date of the opening of Scene III?
5. While talking to Andrea about the ships that had found new continents, what does Galileo call the "dreaded ocean"?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)