|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes III - IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Galileo, who were the ones that were "no longer moved by reason"?
(a) "The dead."
(b) "The men who turned their backs on science."
(c) "The disciples of religion."
(d) "The skeptics."
2. What does Galileo use to represent the Earth when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
(a) A chair.
(b) A loaf of bread.
(d) A milk bottle.
3. What does Galileo say he bought instead of paying the milkman?
4. What does Sarti hand to Galileo while he was telling her about the new discoveries in science?
(a) A letter of interest in Galileo's work.
(b) A bill from the milkman.
(c) A letter of recommendation.
(d) A bill from the bookstore.
5. According to Galileo, if one believes in humanity, they believe in what?
(a) "That mankind is the center of all."
(b) "Common sense."
(d) "Something bigger than himself."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Curator say that Galileo had invented for the city, calling the invention "excellent"?
2. What does Galileo tell the Curator would "save millions of scudi in navigation"?
3. What epicyclical orbit does Galileo draw on the blackboard when describing his discovery to the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
4. Where does Galileo place the Ptolemaic system for Andrea to find?
5. What does Ludovico tell Galileo were his interests?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)