Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the opening of Scene IX, who is Galileo and Virginia waiting to be admitted by?
(c) The Pope.
(d) The Grand Duke.
2. Where did Scene XI take place?
(a) In the Hall of Trials in Venice.
(b) In the Court of Inquisition in Florence.
(c) In the Palace of the Florentine Ambassador in Rome.
(d) An apartment in the Vatican.
3. How many fixed stars does Galileo tell Sagredo were in the constellation of Orion?
(a) 500 fixed stars.
(b) 700 fixed stars.
(c) 150 fixed stars.
(d) 5,000 fixed stars.
4. While speaking with the "Little Monk" about his family's life, what animal does Galileo talk about ?
(a) A oyster.
(b) A crab.
(c) A sea urchin.
(d) A scallop.
5. What does Galileo use to make the iron needle float on the surface of water without sinking?
(a) A piece of wax.
(b) A string.
(d) A piece of paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Galileo's daughter, Virginia, in Scene II?
2. According to the Curator, what republic refuses the Inquisition any say in scientific affairs?
3. What does Sarti offer to the Grand Duke as his Court is leaving at the end of Scene IV?
4. Why does Galileo tell Andrea that they could not investigate sunspots?
5. What chess piece does Galileo say took to "moving all over the board"?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)