|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes VII - VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the "Very Old Cardinal" claim was the "crown of creation"?
(a) The sun.
(c) The church.
2. What, according to Andrea, do the people of Paris and Prague believe sunspots were?
(a) Surface winds.
(b) Swarms of stars.
(c) Vapors from the sun.
3. Where does Scene VIII open?
(a) The new Pope's chambers.
(b) Galileo's house in Florence.
(c) The Vatican.
(d) Galileo's house in Rome.
4. According to the "Very Thin Monk," what is equated with the home of the human race?
(a) A wondering star.
(c) The moons of Jupiter.
(d) The sun.
5. What happens to Signor Giordano Bruno "because he was not a Venetian and also had no appointment here"?
(a) He was hung.
(b) He was banished from the city.
(c) He was burned at the stake.
(d) He was imprisoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Scene Seven, the "Little Monk" told Galileo that he cannot understand what?
2. What does Galileo call a man who knows the truth and calls it a lie?
3. When, according to Galileo, does he "get most inspiration"?
4. According to Galileo, what gives the "Little Monk" the right to say whatever he wishes?
5. In what country does the Curator tell Galileo that telescopes were sold in markets?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)