|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes VII - VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sarti tell Virginia to go to the University to see an astronomer?
(a) To cast her horoscope.
(b) To prove her father's teachings false.
(c) To prove her father's teachings true.
(d) To seek a better husband.
2. In what country does the Curator tell Galileo that telescopes were sold in markets?
3. What is the date of the opening of Scene III?
(a) January 10, 1590.
(b) April1, 1611.
(c) January 10, 1610.
(d) April 17, 1615.
4. Where does Scene VI open?
(a) The Court of Florence.
(b) Ludovico's home.
(c) Cardinal Bellarmin's House in Rome.
(d) Galileo's home.
5. When discussing Galileo's findings regarding the movement of stars, who did the Philosopher think Signer Federzoni was?
(a) Galileo's manservant.
(b) Galileo's student.
(c) Galileo's lens-grinder.
(d) Galileo's son-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the Inquisitor have taking a transcript of the conversation between Galileo and Cardinals Bellarmin and Barberini?
2. What astrological sign does Ludovico align with?
3. What does the new Pope, at the opening of Scene VIII, want Galileo to study?
4. While talking to Andrea about the ships that had found new continents, what does Galileo call the "dreaded ocean"?
5. Why does the Grand Duke of Tuscany come to Galileo's home?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)