|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes VII - VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What author has Galileo begun to read again? (Revealed by Galileo to the "Little Monk" during their conversation in Scene VII.)
2. What philosopher does Galileo and Andrea study in regard to objects floating?
3. What does Galileo tell Andrea to put on the table? (Scene I)
4. When Sagredo asks Galileo about where God was, what is Galileo's answer?
(a) "On the moon."
(b) "In us, or nowhere."
(c) "On the brightest star."
(d) "On earth, buried deeply as to not be found."
5. What object does Andrea tell Galileo not to use because "You can prove anything with them"?
(a) An apple.
(b) A pear.
(c) An orange.
(d) A ball of yarn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the monk play-acting? (in the opening of Scene V.)
2. According to Galileo, when informed upon the Holy Office's findings, who accepted Galileo's observations?
3. Where does Scene IV open?
4. What does Galileo use to represent the sun when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
5. What does Signor Gaffone give to Virginia, "in mint condition," to give to her father?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)