|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes VII - VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sarti tell Virginia to go to the University to see an astronomer?
(a) To seek a better husband.
(b) To prove her father's teachings true.
(c) To cast her horoscope.
(d) To prove her father's teachings false.
2. What does Signor Gaffone give to Virginia, "in mint condition," to give to her father?
(a) A letter of intent.
(b) A book.
(c) A copyright for the telescope.
(d) A manuscript.
3. What astrological sign does Virgina align with?
(b) The Twins.
4. According to the Curator, what republic refuses the Inquisition any say in scientific affairs?
5. What invention does Ludovico tell Galileo about that he has just seen in Holland?
(a) "The horn that hears."
(b) "The glass that sees."
(c) "That funny tube."
(d) "That box that talks."
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it in the opening of Scene V?
2. What does Sarti hand to Galileo while he was telling her about the new discoveries in science?
3. According to Galileo, when informed upon the Holy Office's findings, who accepted Galileo's observations?
4. When Sagredo asks Galileo about where God was, what is Galileo's answer?
5. What year is it in the opening of the play?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)