|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes VII - VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What invention does Ludovico tell Galileo about that he has just seen in Holland?
(a) "That box that talks."
(b) "That funny tube."
(c) "The glass that sees."
(d) "The horn that hears."
2. What does Galileo use to represent the Earth when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
(a) A milk bottle.
(b) A loaf of bread.
(d) A chair.
3. According to Bellarmin, whose teachings have been found, by the Holy Office, to be "futile, foolish and heretical"?
(a) Socrates' teachings.
(b) Plato's teachings.
(c) Copernicus' teachings.
(d) Galileo's teachings.
4. What object does Andrea tell Galileo not to use because "You can prove anything with them"?
(a) An orange.
(b) An apple.
(c) A ball of yarn.
(d) A pear.
5. When discussing Galileo's findings regarding the movement of stars, who did the Philosopher think Signer Federzoni was?
(a) Galileo's son-in-law.
(b) Galileo's student.
(c) Galileo's manservant.
(d) Galileo's lens-grinder.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the "Very Thin Monk," what is equated with the home of the human race?
2. Why does Andrea leave the room when Galileo was asking the men from the courts to look through the telescope?
3. What year is it in the opening of Scene V?
4. What does Galileo use to make the iron needle float on the surface of water without sinking?
5. What does the stone at the center of the Ptolemaic system model represent?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)