|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes VII - VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Scene V open?
(a) Galileo's home.
(b) The marketplace in Florence.
(d) Hall of the Collegium Romanum in Rome.
2. According to Galileo, when informed upon the Holy Office's findings, who accepted Galileo's observations?
(a) The University of Florence.
(b) The astronomers of the Collegium Romanum.
(c) The Pope.
(d) Cardinal Bellarmin.
3. Why does the Grand Duke of Tuscany come to Galileo's home?
(a) To talk to Galileo about stars.
(b) To talk to Santi.
(c) To see Andrea.
(d) To see the telescope.
4. Why does Galileo tell Virginia that they move to Florence?
(a) So that he could sell his telescopes.
(b) So he could be the Court Mathematician.
(c) To work for the University.
(d) To find her a husband.
5. What name does Galileo want to bestow on the new stars he found?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it in the opening of the play?
2. While at the ball, what chapter of the Bible do both Cardinal Bellarmin and Cardinal Barberini quote?
3. Who is Virginia's Father Confessor?
4. What is Virginia sewing at the opening of Scene VIII?
5. What does the Curator say that Galileo had invented for the city, calling the invention "excellent"?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)