|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes VII - VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Galileo, what gives the "Little Monk" the right to say whatever he wishes?
(a) His habit.
(b) The church.
(c) Hie rank.
(d) The Pope.
2. Why does Andrea leave the room when Galileo was asking the men from the courts to look through the telescope?
(a) Andrea's nose started bleeding.
(b) Andrea said the men were stupid.
(c) Andrea was embarassed for fighting with Cosimo.
(d) Andrea needed to get water for the men.
3. What is the monk play-acting? (in the opening of Scene V.)
(a) The he was drunk.
(b) That the Earth was spinning too fast.
(c) The he was looking at the sun through the telescope.
(d) The he was Galileo.
4. Why does the Grand Duke of Tuscany come to Galileo's home?
(a) To see Andrea.
(b) To talk to Galileo about stars.
(c) To see the telescope.
(d) To talk to Santi.
5. What author has Galileo begun to read again? (Revealed by Galileo to the "Little Monk" during their conversation in Scene VII.)
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Chamberlain say is the name of the Astronomer-in-Chief at the Papal College in Rome?
2. According to Galileo, if one believes in humanity, they believe in what?
3. What manuscripts does Galileo give to the "Little Monk"?
4. According to Galileo, who were the ones that were "no longer moved by reason"?
5. When discussing Galileo's findings regarding the movement of stars, who did the Philosopher think Signer Federzoni was?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)