|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes VII - VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Scene IV open?
(a) The marketplace.
(b) The University in Florence.
(c) Galileo's home in Florence.
(d) Virginia's home.
2. On what date did the inquisition put the Copernican teachings on the index?
(a) December 25, 1616.
(b) March 15, 1616.
(c) October 28, 1629.
(d) April 1, 1618.
3. How old does Ludovico say the invention he saw in Holland was?
(a) A month old.
(b) A few days old.
(c) A few hours old.
(d) A week old.
4. What do Cosimo and Andrea break during their fighting on the floor?
(a) A chair.
(b) The telescope.
(c) A star model.
(d) The Ptolemaic model.
5. What does Sarti hand to Galileo while he was telling her about the new discoveries in science?
(a) A letter of recommendation.
(b) A bill from the milkman.
(c) A bill from the bookstore.
(d) A letter of interest in Galileo's work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Galileo tell the Curator would "save millions of scudi in navigation"?
2. Who enters the room after the "Very Old Cardinal" collapses?
3. According to Bellarmin, whose responsibility is it to interpret the Bible?
4. What is the only thing that the people from the "Little Monk's" village knew about?
5. What do the Duke and his Court attend after leaving Galileo's home?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)