|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes VII - VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Ludovico Marsili's letter say he has studied?
2. On what date did the inquisition put the Copernican teachings on the index?
(a) October 28, 1629.
(b) April 1, 1618.
(c) March 15, 1616.
(d) December 25, 1616.
3. What does Galileo tell the Curator would "save millions of scudi in navigation"?
(a) The telescope.
(b) New ocean maps.
(c) New star charts.
(d) New ships.
4. What does the "Very Old Cardinal" call Galileo because of Galileo's claims?
(a) The world's most knowledgable scientist.
(b) A thief of religion.
(c) An enemy of God.
(d) An enemy of the human race.
5. What astrological sign does Virgina align with?
(d) The Twins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
2. What sickness was the "Old Gentlemen" discussing as they climbed the stairs to see the telescope?
3. What year is it in the opening of the play?
4. What do the Duke and his Court attend after leaving Galileo's home?
5. What does Galileo tell Sagredo the spots on stars were?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)