|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes VII - VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When, according to Galileo, does he "get most inspiration"?
(a) When he ate.
(b) When he thought about Virginia's dowry.
(c) When he looked at the stars.
(d) When he read.
2. Where does Scene VIII open?
(a) Galileo's house in Rome.
(b) Galileo's house in Florence.
(c) The Vatican.
(d) The new Pope's chambers.
3. What does Galileo ask the men to trust when looking through the telescope at the stars?
(a) Their minds.
(c) Their eyes.
(d) Their hearts.
4. What year is it in the opening of Scene V?
5. Where does Scene IV open?
(a) Galileo's home in Florence.
(b) The marketplace.
(c) The University in Florence.
(d) Virginia's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Signor Giordano Bruno "because he was not a Venetian and also had no appointment here"?
2. What does the new Pope, at the opening of Scene VIII, want Galileo to study?
3. What does Galileo use to make the iron needle float on the surface of water without sinking?
4. What do the strips of paper on the Ptolemaic system model have written on them?
5. What does Galileo tell Andrea to put on the table? (Scene I)
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)