|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes VII - VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Andrea leave the room when Galileo was asking the men from the courts to look through the telescope?
(a) Andrea was embarassed for fighting with Cosimo.
(b) Andrea said the men were stupid.
(c) Andrea's nose started bleeding.
(d) Andrea needed to get water for the men.
2. At the ball, what mask does Cardinal Bellarmin wear? (Scene VI)
(a) That of an eagle.
(b) That of a lamb.
(c) That of a wolf.
(d) That of a clown.
3. Who does the "Very Old Cardinal" claim was the "crown of creation"?
(a) The sun.
(d) The church.
4. Where does Virginia say she will be married?
5. Where had the "Little Monk" grown up?
Short Answer Questions
1. What manuscripts does Galileo give to the "Little Monk"?
2. While talking to Andrea about the ships that had found new continents, what does Galileo call the "dreaded ocean"?
3. What invention does Ludovico tell Galileo about that he has just seen in Holland?
4. What does the First Scholar see that Galileo dropped?
5. What is Virginia sewing at the opening of Scene VIII?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)