|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes VII - VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Andrea tell his mother had "worked out" that the Earth went around the sun?
2. What epicyclical orbit does Galileo draw on the blackboard when describing his discovery to the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
(a) The sun.
3. Where does Scene IV open?
(a) Virginia's home.
(b) The University in Florence.
(c) Galileo's home in Florence.
(d) The marketplace.
4. Why does the Grand Duke of Tuscany come to Galileo's home?
(a) To talk to Galileo about stars.
(b) To see Andrea.
(c) To see the telescope.
(d) To talk to Santi.
5. Why does Sarti tell Virginia to go to the University to see an astronomer?
(a) To prove her father's teachings true.
(b) To prove her father's teachings false.
(c) To seek a better husband.
(d) To cast her horoscope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Galileo tell Virginia that they move to Florence?
2. Who is Virginia speaking with at the end of Scene VI?
3. According to Galileo, when informed upon the Holy Office's findings, who accepted Galileo's observations?
4. What is the monk play-acting? (in the opening of Scene V.)
5. What bell rings as Virginia entered her father's room? (Scene III)
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)