|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes VII - VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What astrological sign does Ludovico align with?
2. In what country does the Curator tell Galileo that telescopes were sold in markets?
3. Why does Andrea leave the room when Galileo was asking the men from the courts to look through the telescope?
(a) Andrea needed to get water for the men.
(b) Andrea was embarassed for fighting with Cosimo.
(c) Andrea's nose started bleeding.
(d) Andrea said the men were stupid.
4. What year is it in the opening of the play?
5. Which Dane determines the track of a comet?
(b) Tycho Brahe.
(d) Cosimo Medici.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Galileo use to make the iron needle float on the surface of water without sinking?
2. When, according to Galileo, does he "get most inspiration"?
3. What chess piece does Galileo say took to "moving all over the board"?
4. How old is Galileo's daughter, Virginia, in Scene II?
5. Whom does the Inquisitor have taking a transcript of the conversation between Galileo and Cardinals Bellarmin and Barberini?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)