|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes VII - VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Galileo's daughter, Virginia, in Scene II?
(a) 17 years old.
(b) 11 years old.
(c) 12 years old.
(d) 15 years old.
2. Who is Virginia speaking with at the end of Scene VI?
(b) The Inquisitor.
(c) Her fiance.
(d) Her father.
3. According to Bellarmin, whose responsibility is it to interpret the Bible?
(a) The theologians of the Holy Church.
(b) The Pope's.
4. At the ball, what mask does Cardinal Bellarmin wear? (Scene VI)
(a) That of an eagle.
(b) That of a wolf.
(c) That of a lamb.
(d) That of a clown.
5. When discussing Galileo's findings regarding the movement of stars, who did the Philosopher think Signer Federzoni was?
(a) Galileo's lens-grinder.
(b) Galileo's student.
(c) Galileo's manservant.
(d) Galileo's son-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Curator, what republic refuses the Inquisition any say in scientific affairs?
2. What author has Galileo begun to read again? (Revealed by Galileo to the "Little Monk" during their conversation in Scene VII.)
3. Why does the Grand Duke of Tuscany come to Galileo's home?
4. According to Galileo, when informed upon the Holy Office's findings, who accepted Galileo's observations?
5. What year is it in the opening of the play?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)