|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes VII - VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many fixed stars does Galileo tell Sagredo were in the constellation of Orion?
(a) 150 fixed stars.
(b) 500 fixed stars.
(c) 5,000 fixed stars.
(d) 700 fixed stars.
2. What is Virginia sewing at the opening of Scene VIII?
(a) A trousseau.
(b) A dress.
(c) A suit.
(d) Linen napkins.
3. Why does Andrea leave the room when Galileo was asking the men from the courts to look through the telescope?
(a) Andrea's nose started bleeding.
(b) Andrea needed to get water for the men.
(c) Andrea was embarassed for fighting with Cosimo.
(d) Andrea said the men were stupid.
4. Where does Galileo tell Sagredo that the light from the moon comes from?
(a) The sun.
(b) The moon.
5. What prediction does Galileo make to Andrea about astronomy?
(a) That "astronomy will be honored by Kings and Queens."
(b) That "astronomy will be challenged again and again."
(c) That "astronomy will be talked about in the market-places."
(d) That "astronomy will never falter him."
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it in the opening of Scene V?
2. How old is Galileo's daughter, Virginia, in Scene II?
3. Where does Scene IV open?
4. According to Galileo, if one believes in humanity, they believe in what?
5. According to Galileo, what "grows feeble from being abused"?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)