|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes VII - VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
(b) Signor Ragsord.
(c) His Royal Highness of Tuscany.
(d) Cosimo de' Medici.
2. Who does the Philosopher say is "an authority recognized not only by the entire learning of antiquity, but also by the Holy Fathers of the Church"?
3. What does Galileo tell the Curator would "save millions of scudi in navigation"?
(a) New star charts.
(b) New ocean maps.
(c) New ships.
(d) The telescope.
4. According to Galileo, if one believes in humanity, they believe in what?
(a) "Something bigger than himself."
(c) "Common sense."
(d) "That mankind is the center of all."
5. What is the name of the bailiff?
(a) Signor Franco.
(b) Signor Parente.
(c) Signor Franz.
(d) Signor Cambione.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cosimo call Andrea as they fight over the models?
2. When, according to Galileo, does he "get most inspiration"?
3. While speaking with the "Little Monk" about his family's life, what animal does Galileo talk about ?
4. In the Ptolemaic system model, what does Galileo claim moved?
5. What does Galileo use to represent the sun when explaining the rotation of the Earth to Andrea?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)