|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes VII - VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Philosopher say is "Italy's and the Church's greatest astronomer"?
(a) Micheal Montrassauri.
(d) Christopher Clavius.
2. At the end of Scene Seven, the "Little Monk" told Galileo that he cannot understand what?
(a) A word.
(b) A sentence.
(c) A drawing.
(d) A model.
3. Where did Ludovico Marsili's letter say he has studied?
4. Who does Andrea tell his mother had "worked out" that the Earth went around the sun?
5. How many globes surround the center stone?
(a) 10 globes.
(b) 8 globes.
(c) 12 globes.
(d) 9 globes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to Andrea, do the people of Paris and Prague believe sunspots were?
2. According to the "Very Thin Monk," what is equated with the home of the human race?
3. Who does the Philosopher say is "an authority recognized not only by the entire learning of antiquity, but also by the Holy Fathers of the Church"?
4. How much is the private tuition that Galileo initially was going to charge Ludovico?
5. What year is it in the opening of the play?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)