Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes VII - VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bellarmin, whose responsibility is it to interpret the Bible?
(a) The Pope's.
(b) The theologians of the Holy Church.
2. What author has Galileo begun to read again? (Revealed by Galileo to the "Little Monk" during their conversation in Scene VII.)
3. How old does Ludovico say the invention he saw in Holland was?
(a) A few days old.
(b) A few hours old.
(c) A week old.
(d) A month old.
4. What year is it in the opening of Scene V?
5. What astrological sign does Ludovico align with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ludovico Marsili's letter say he has studied?
2. What does Sarti hand to Galileo while he was telling her about the new discoveries in science?
3. When Sagredo asks Galileo about where God was, what is Galileo's answer?
4. On what date did the inquisition put the Copernican teachings on the index?
5. What do the strips of paper on the Ptolemaic system model have written on them?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)