|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claims that Galileo would damn him if he (Galileo) would not see him?
(c) The "Little Monk."
2. Where does Galileo tell Sagredo that the light from the moon comes from?
(a) The sun.
(b) The moon.
3. According to the person from the Grand Duke's Palace, what bell will ring when Galileo recants his teachings?
(a) The great bell of St. John.
(b) The great bell of St. Mark's.
(c) The great bell of St. Mercy.
(d) The great bell of St. Michael.
4. In what country does the Curator tell Galileo that telescopes were sold in markets?
5. Why does Galileo tell Virginia that they move to Florence?
(a) To work for the University.
(b) To find her a husband.
(c) So he could be the Court Mathematician.
(d) So that he could sell his telescopes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene XI, how many days does the "Little Monk" say that Galileo had been sitting in prison?
2. What does Galileo call a man who knows the truth and calls it a lie?
3. Where did Scene XI take place?
4. What time do the people of the inquisition believe that Galileo would recant?
5. What happens to Virginia at the end of Scene VIII?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)