|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Philosopher say is "an authority recognized not only by the entire learning of antiquity, but also by the Holy Fathers of the Church"?
2. Where does Galileo tell Sagredo that the light from the moon comes from?
(c) The moon.
(d) The sun.
3. How many fixed stars does Galileo tell Sagredo were in the constellation of Orion?
(a) 700 fixed stars.
(b) 5,000 fixed stars.
(c) 150 fixed stars.
(d) 500 fixed stars.
4. What name does Galileo want to bestow on the new stars he found?
5. How many stars does Galileo find revolved around Jupiter?
(a) 4 stars.
(b) 1 stars.
(c) 6 stars.
(d) 3 stars.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Virginia in Scene XII?
2. When Sagredo asks Galileo about where God was, what is Galileo's answer?
3. What is the date of the opening of Scene III?
4. What does Signor Gaffone give to Virginia, "in mint condition," to give to her father?
5. What does the new Pope, at the opening of Scene VIII, want Galileo to study?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)