|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarti offer to the Grand Duke as his Court is leaving at the end of Scene IV?
(a) A milk.
(b) A flower.
(c) A biscuit.
(d) An apple.
2. Who does the Chamberlain say is the name of the Astronomer-in-Chief at the Papal College in Rome?
(a) Father Christopher Clavius.
(b) Father Christophe Cleminez.
(c) Father Micheal Measter.
(d) Father Franz Wistne.
3. How many years did Sarti work for Monsignor Filippo before working for Galileo?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 10 years.
4. What does Galileo call a man who knows the truth and calls it a lie?
(a) A fraud.
(b) A liar.
(c) A prophet.
(d) A criminal.
5. What author has Galileo begun to read again? (Revealed by Galileo to the "Little Monk" during their conversation in Scene VII.)
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Galileo tell Andrea that they could not investigate sunspots?
2. Where had the "Little Monk" grown up?
3. Who, from Amsterdam, wanted Andrea to ask about Galileo's health?
4. At the end of Scene Seven, the "Little Monk" told Galileo that he cannot understand what?
5. How old is Virginia in Scene XII?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)