|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Curator say that Galileo had invented for the city, calling the invention "excellent"?
(a) A telescope.
(b) A water pump.
(c) A clock.
(d) A drainage system.
2. At the end of Scene Seven, the "Little Monk" told Galileo that he cannot understand what?
(a) A model.
(b) A word.
(c) A drawing.
(d) A sentence.
3. What does Cosimo call Andrea as they fight over the models?
4. What do Cosimo and Andrea break during their fighting on the floor?
(a) A chair.
(b) A star model.
(c) The Ptolemaic model.
(d) The telescope.
5. What does the "Little Monk" tell Andrea about that Galileo always carries in his pocket?
(a) A picture of Virginia.
(b) A drawing of his telescope.
(c) A lock of Virginia's hair.
(d) His touchstone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Chamberlain say is the name of the Astronomer-in-Chief at the Papal College in Rome?
2. What pages from Galileo's book do the Monks have?
3. What does Federzoni say he would rather do if Galileo recanted his teachings?
4. Who does the Philosopher say is "an authority recognized not only by the entire learning of antiquity, but also by the Holy Fathers of the Church"?
5. What bell rings as Virginia entered her father's room? (Scene III)
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)