|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Virginia at the end of Scene VIII?
(a) She faints.
(b) She hit her father.
(c) She fell down the stairs.
(d) She ran after Ludovico.
2. According to the "Little Monk," how many nights passed since he had been able to sleep?
(a) 3 nights.
(b) 7 nights.
(c) 5 nights.
(d) 6 n ights.
3. Where did Scene XI take place?
(a) An apartment in the Vatican.
(b) In the Court of Inquisition in Florence.
(c) In the Palace of the Florentine Ambassador in Rome.
(d) In the Hall of Trials in Venice.
4. To what day, did the opening of Scene XII, say that Galileo would be a prisoner of the Church?
(a) Until he died.
(b) For 30 years.
(c) For 100 years.
(d) For 50 years.
5. What manuscripts does Galileo give to the "Little Monk"?
(a) Papers on the sun being the center of the universe.
(b) Papers on why the ocean moves in ebb and flood.
(c) Papers on evolution.
(d) Papers on the inquiry of time.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Galileo, what gives the "Little Monk" the right to say whatever he wishes?
2. Where does Scene IV open?
3. What name does Galileo want to bestow on the new stars he found?
4. What does Galileo call a man who knows the truth and calls it a lie?
5. According to Galileo, who were the ones that were "no longer moved by reason"?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)