|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Virginia sewing at the opening of Scene VIII?
(a) A trousseau.
(b) A suit.
(c) A dress.
(d) Linen napkins.
2. According to the person from the Grand Duke's Palace, what bell will ring when Galileo recants his teachings?
(a) The great bell of St. John.
(b) The great bell of St. Mark's.
(c) The great bell of St. Michael.
(d) The great bell of St. Mercy.
3. How old is Virginia in Scene XII?
(a) About 40.
(b) About 75.
(c) About 55.
(d) About 60.
4. When discussing Galileo's findings regarding the movement of stars, who did the Philosopher think Signer Federzoni was?
(a) Galileo's manservant.
(b) Galileo's son-in-law.
(c) Galileo's student.
(d) Galileo's lens-grinder.
5. According to Galileo, who were the ones that were "no longer moved by reason"?
(a) "The dead."
(b) "The disciples of religion."
(c) "The men who turned their backs on science."
(d) "The skeptics."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Andrea say he is going to go when he leaves Italy to "take up scientific work"?
2. What philosopher does Galileo and Andrea study in regard to objects floating?
3. While waiting for Galileo's inquisition to finish, what does Andrea say he fears would never be completed?
4. What happens to Virginia at the end of Scene VIII?
5. What name does Galileo want to bestow on the new stars he found?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)