|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While waiting for Galileo's inquisition to finish, what does Andrea say he fears would never be completed?
(a) The Discorsi.
(b) The Galileo Model.
(c) The Star Charts.
(d) The Oceanic Maps.
2. Why does Andrea say that Galileo could not have stayed in the Republic?
(a) Because he could not publish his book there.
(b) Because he could not study the stars there.
(c) Because he could not write his book there.
(d) Because he could not study the ocean there.
3. Who claims that Galileo would damn him if he (Galileo) would not see him?
(c) The "Little Monk."
4. What does Signor Gaffone give to Virginia, "in mint condition," to give to her father?
(a) A copyright for the telescope.
(b) A letter of intent.
(c) A book.
(d) A manuscript.
5. What, according to Andrea, do the people of Paris and Prague believe sunspots were?
(a) Vapors from the sun.
(c) Surface winds.
(d) Swarms of stars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Andrea say he is going to go when he leaves Italy to "take up scientific work"?
2. What time do the people of the inquisition believe that Galileo would recant?
3. What is Virginia sewing at the opening of Scene VIII?
4. While waiting to hear news of the inquisition, what are the "Little Monk" and Federzoni doing?
5. According to the person from the Grand Duke's Palace, what bell will ring when Galileo recants his teachings?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)