|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Galileo, if one believes in humanity, they believe in what?
(b) "Common sense."
(c) "Something bigger than himself."
(d) "That mankind is the center of all."
2. When the "Little Monk" spent time with Galileo, while Galileo was in prison, to whom does Galileo compare his work?
(b) The Mayans.
3. Why does Andrea leave the room when Galileo was asking the men from the courts to look through the telescope?
(a) Andrea said the men were stupid.
(b) Andrea needed to get water for the men.
(c) Andrea was embarassed for fighting with Cosimo.
(d) Andrea's nose started bleeding.
4. While waiting for Galileo's inquisition to finish, what does Andrea say he fears would never be completed?
(a) The Discorsi.
(b) The Galileo Model.
(c) The Star Charts.
(d) The Oceanic Maps.
5. When discussing Galileo's findings regarding the movement of stars, who did the Philosopher think Signer Federzoni was?
(a) Galileo's manservant.
(b) Galileo's son-in-law.
(c) Galileo's student.
(d) Galileo's lens-grinder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing that the people from the "Little Monk's" village knew about?
2. What does the "Little Monk" tell Andrea about that Galileo always carries in his pocket?
3. What, according to Andrea, do the people of Paris and Prague believe sunspots were?
4. What pages from Galileo's book do the Monks have?
5. What does Federzoni say he would rather do if Galileo recanted his teachings?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)