|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the "Little Monk," how many nights passed since he had been able to sleep?
(a) 3 nights.
(b) 6 n ights.
(c) 7 nights.
(d) 5 nights.
2. What manuscripts does Galileo give to the "Little Monk"?
(a) Papers on the sun being the center of the universe.
(b) Papers on evolution.
(c) Papers on why the ocean moves in ebb and flood.
(d) Papers on the inquiry of time.
3. What do the Duke and his Court attend after leaving Galileo's home?
(a) The Court Ball.
(b) A trial.
(c) An inquisition.
(d) A knighting.
4. Why does Andrea leave the room when Galileo was asking the men from the courts to look through the telescope?
(a) Andrea said the men were stupid.
(b) Andrea was embarassed for fighting with Cosimo.
(c) Andrea's nose started bleeding.
(d) Andrea needed to get water for the men.
5. What does Galileo ask the men to trust when looking through the telescope at the stars?
(a) Their hearts.
(c) Their eyes.
(d) Their minds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Scene IV open?
2. Why does the Grand Duke of Tuscany come to Galileo's home?
3. What are the dates that Scene XII took place?
4. How many stars does Galileo find revolved around Jupiter?
5. How many years did Sarti work for Monsignor Filippo before working for Galileo?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)