|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the "Little Monk," how many nights passed since he had been able to sleep?
(a) 7 nights.
(b) 3 nights.
(c) 6 n ights.
(d) 5 nights.
2. When discussing Galileo's findings regarding the movement of stars, who did the Philosopher think Signer Federzoni was?
(a) Galileo's son-in-law.
(b) Galileo's lens-grinder.
(c) Galileo's manservant.
(d) Galileo's student.
3. What do Cosimo and Andrea break during their fighting on the floor?
(a) A star model.
(b) A chair.
(c) The Ptolemaic model.
(d) The telescope.
4. Where did Scene XI take place?
(a) In the Palace of the Florentine Ambassador in Rome.
(b) In the Hall of Trials in Venice.
(c) In the Court of Inquisition in Florence.
(d) An apartment in the Vatican.
5. To what day, did the opening of Scene XII, say that Galileo would be a prisoner of the Church?
(a) For 30 years.
(b) For 50 years.
(c) For 100 years.
(d) Until he died.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Scene IV open?
2. Where does Andrea say he is going to go when he leaves Italy to "take up scientific work"?
3. According the opening of Scene XII, where is Galileo living?
4. What do the Duke and his Court attend after leaving Galileo's home?
5. What does Sarti offer to the Grand Duke as his Court is leaving at the end of Scene IV?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)