|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Galileo tell the Curator would "save millions of scudi in navigation"?
(a) New star charts.
(b) New ships.
(c) The telescope.
(d) New ocean maps.
2. What epicyclical orbit does Galileo draw on the blackboard when describing his discovery to the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
(a) The sun.
3. How many fixed stars does Galileo tell Sagredo were in the constellation of Orion?
(a) 500 fixed stars.
(b) 150 fixed stars.
(c) 700 fixed stars.
(d) 5,000 fixed stars.
4. When, according to Galileo, does he "get most inspiration"?
(a) When he thought about Virginia's dowry.
(b) When he looked at the stars.
(c) When he ate.
(d) When he read.
5. When the "Little Monk" spent time with Galileo, while Galileo was in prison, to whom does Galileo compare his work?
(d) The Mayans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Philosopher say is "an authority recognized not only by the entire learning of antiquity, but also by the Holy Fathers of the Church"?
2. What name does Galileo want to bestow on the new stars he found?
3. What does Galileo tell Sagredo the spots on stars were?
4. In what country does the Curator tell Galileo that telescopes were sold in markets?
5. According to the "Little Monk," how many nights passed since he had been able to sleep?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)