|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What philosopher does Galileo and Andrea study in regard to objects floating?
2. What is the date at the opening of Scene XI?
(a) December 14, 1638.
(b) March 17, 1644.
(c) June 22, 1633.
(d) January 11, 1622.
3. What is the name of the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
(b) His Royal Highness of Tuscany.
(c) Signor Ragsord.
(d) Cosimo de' Medici.
4. What sickness was the "Old Gentlemen" discussing as they climbed the stairs to see the telescope?
(b) Larsen Sydnrome.
(d) The plague.
5. What kind of clock is Galileo presented with as a gift from Cardinal Bellarmin?
(a) Atmos clock.
(b) Parliament clock.
(c) Lantern clock.
(d) Cellini clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Galileo tell Sagredo the spots on stars were?
2. Where does Galileo hide a copy of his Discorsi?
3. Why does Sarti tell Virginia to go to the University to see an astronomer?
4. Where does Scene IV open?
5. What astrological sign does Ludovico align with?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)