|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Cosimo and Andrea break during their fighting on the floor?
(a) The Ptolemaic model.
(b) The telescope.
(c) A chair.
(d) A star model.
2. When, according to Galileo, does he "get most inspiration"?
(a) When he thought about Virginia's dowry.
(b) When he ate.
(c) When he read.
(d) When he looked at the stars.
3. In what country does the Curator tell Galileo that telescopes were sold in markets?
4. Who claims that Galileo would damn him if he (Galileo) would not see him?
(a) The "Little Monk."
5. Where did Scene XI take place?
(a) In the Court of Inquisition in Florence.
(b) An apartment in the Vatican.
(c) In the Hall of Trials in Venice.
(d) In the Palace of the Florentine Ambassador in Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Galileo tell Virginia that they move to Florence?
2. What name does Galileo want to bestow on the new stars he found?
3. Where does Scene IV open?
4. After the bell rang, who reads Galileo's recant on the street?
5. What is the date of the opening of Scene III?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)