|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Scene VIII open?
(a) Galileo's house in Rome.
(b) The Vatican.
(c) The new Pope's chambers.
(d) Galileo's house in Florence.
2. What is the date at the opening of Scene XI?
(a) June 22, 1633.
(b) January 11, 1622.
(c) December 14, 1638.
(d) March 17, 1644.
3. Why does Sarti tell Virginia to go to the University to see an astronomer?
(a) To seek a better husband.
(b) To prove her father's teachings false.
(c) To cast her horoscope.
(d) To prove her father's teachings true.
4. To what day, did the opening of Scene XII, say that Galileo would be a prisoner of the Church?
(a) For 100 years.
(b) For 50 years.
(c) For 30 years.
(d) Until he died.
5. Who does the monk say that he has to have permission from before Galileo can see an eye doctor?
(a) The Rector.
(b) Cardinal Bellarmin.
(c) The Pope.
(d) Monsignor Carpula.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years did Sarti work for Monsignor Filippo before working for Galileo?
2. What does Galileo tell the Curator would "save millions of scudi in navigation"?
3. Why does Andrea leave the room when Galileo was asking the men from the courts to look through the telescope?
4. What does the new Pope, at the opening of Scene VIII, want Galileo to study?
5. How many fixed stars does Galileo tell Sagredo were in the constellation of Orion?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)