|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the dates that Scene XII took place?
2. What pages from Galileo's book do the Monks have?
(a) 131 and 132.
(b) 116 and 117.
(c) 145 and 146.
(d) 47 and 48.
3. How many fixed stars does Galileo tell Sagredo were in the constellation of Orion?
(a) 150 fixed stars.
(b) 5,000 fixed stars.
(c) 700 fixed stars.
(d) 500 fixed stars.
4. When discussing Galileo's findings regarding the movement of stars, who did the Philosopher think Signer Federzoni was?
(a) Galileo's student.
(b) Galileo's son-in-law.
(c) Galileo's manservant.
(d) Galileo's lens-grinder.
5. What, according to Andrea, do the people of Paris and Prague believe sunspots were?
(b) Swarms of stars.
(c) Surface winds.
(d) Vapors from the sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Virginia sewing at the opening of Scene VIII?
2. Where does Scene VII open?
3. Where had the "Little Monk" grown up?
4. What is the name of the Grand Duke of Tuscany?
5. While waiting for Galileo's inquisition to finish, what does Andrea say he fears would never be completed?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)