|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Grand Duke of Tuscany come to Galileo's home?
(a) To talk to Galileo about stars.
(b) To talk to Santi.
(c) To see the telescope.
(d) To see Andrea.
2. According to the "Little Monk," how many nights passed since he had been able to sleep?
(a) 5 nights.
(b) 7 nights.
(c) 3 nights.
(d) 6 n ights.
3. At the end of Scene Seven, the "Little Monk" told Galileo that he cannot understand what?
(a) A model.
(b) A word.
(c) A sentence.
(d) A drawing.
4. What bell rings as Virginia entered her father's room? (Scene III)
(a) A bell signaling lunch.
(b) A bell for early Mass.
(c) A noon bell.
(d) An evening bell.
5. Where did Scene XI take place?
(a) In the Palace of the Florentine Ambassador in Rome.
(b) In the Hall of Trials in Venice.
(c) In the Court of Inquisition in Florence.
(d) An apartment in the Vatican.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Federzoni think has begun, "the hour of its birth," when the bell does not ring at the time the inquisitors thought it would?
2. What does Galileo ask the men to trust when looking through the telescope at the stars?
3. To what day, did the opening of Scene XII, say that Galileo would be a prisoner of the Church?
4. What, according to Andrea, do the people of Paris and Prague believe sunspots were?
5. What does the "Little Monk" tell Andrea about that Galileo always carries in his pocket?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)