|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While waiting for Galileo's inquisition to finish, what does Andrea say he fears would never be completed?
(a) The Oceanic Maps.
(b) The Star Charts.
(c) The Galileo Model.
(d) The Discorsi.
2. What do the Duke and his Court attend after leaving Galileo's home?
(a) A knighting.
(b) The Court Ball.
(c) An inquisition.
(d) A trial.
3. Why does Andrea say that Galileo could not have stayed in the Republic?
(a) Because he could not publish his book there.
(b) Because he could not write his book there.
(c) Because he could not study the ocean there.
(d) Because he could not study the stars there.
4. What is the only thing that the people from the "Little Monk's" village knew about?
5. What do Cosimo and Andrea break during their fighting on the floor?
(a) The Ptolemaic model.
(b) A chair.
(c) The telescope.
(d) A star model.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Galileo ask the men to trust when looking through the telescope at the stars?
2. Where does Galileo tell Sagredo that the light from the moon comes from?
3. What does Galileo tell the Curator would "save millions of scudi in navigation"?
4. Where does Andrea say he is going to go when he leaves Italy to "take up scientific work"?
5. What does Galileo use to make the iron needle float on the surface of water without sinking?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)