|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Virginia in Scene XII?
(a) About 60.
(b) About 40.
(c) About 75.
(d) About 55.
2. Where does Galileo hide a copy of his Discorsi?
(a) Behind his star charts.
(b) A false bottom in his desk.
(c) In his bed.
(d) The globe.
3. What kind of clock is Galileo presented with as a gift from Cardinal Bellarmin?
(a) Cellini clock.
(b) Lantern clock.
(c) Parliament clock.
(d) Atmos clock.
4. According to the person from the Grand Duke's Palace, what bell will ring when Galileo recants his teachings?
(a) The great bell of St. Mark's.
(b) The great bell of St. Mercy.
(c) The great bell of St. John.
(d) The great bell of St. Michael.
5. Where does Scene VIII open?
(a) The new Pope's chambers.
(b) The Vatican.
(c) Galileo's house in Rome.
(d) Galileo's house in Florence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Andrea leave the room when Galileo was asking the men from the courts to look through the telescope?
2. What pages from Galileo's book do the Monks have?
3. Why does Sarti tell Virginia to go to the University to see an astronomer?
4. While Galileo is in with the inquisition, what is Virginia doing?
5. Why does Galileo tell Virginia that they move to Florence?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)