|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While speaking with the "Little Monk" about his family's life, what animal does Galileo talk about ?
(a) A oyster.
(b) A scallop.
(c) A crab.
(d) A sea urchin.
2. While waiting for Galileo's inquisition to finish, what does Andrea say he fears would never be completed?
(a) The Oceanic Maps.
(b) The Discorsi.
(c) The Star Charts.
(d) The Galileo Model.
3. What do Cosimo and Andrea break during their fighting on the floor?
(a) A chair.
(b) The telescope.
(c) A star model.
(d) The Ptolemaic model.
4. Where did Scene XI take place?
(a) In the Palace of the Florentine Ambassador in Rome.
(b) In the Hall of Trials in Venice.
(c) An apartment in the Vatican.
(d) In the Court of Inquisition in Florence.
5. What does the Curator say that Galileo had invented for the city, calling the invention "excellent"?
(a) A telescope.
(b) A water pump.
(c) A drainage system.
(d) A clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Grand Duke of Tuscany come to Galileo's home?
2. Why does Andrea leave the room when Galileo was asking the men from the courts to look through the telescope?
3. What is the date at the opening of Scene XI?
4. Where does Andrea say he is going to go when he leaves Italy to "take up scientific work"?
5. Where does Scene IV open?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)